Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Share Your Worst Banking Experience - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Banking Experience (12999 Views)

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / Access Bank Partners With Microsoft To Upgrade Security & Banking Experience For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by BigDawsNet: 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
multiple Identification and verification to reactivate a dormant account....
after providing necessary, they requested more...

my own account not my next of kin

i just comot and that was the end banking with them.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Dbegining: 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
I recently wanted to login my zenith Bank app. I wanted to register on a new device.

I put my password, it didn't go. Them I decided to reset my password. Used my Debit card details, it didn't go.

Went to Twitter to ask what's up. Then I was told to go to any nearby branch to get a hardware token for 2,500 or an e token for 1,500

It's like zenith Bank is saying to me, guy you don buy new phone, celebrate with boys na.

Not even caring whether it's an upgrade or a downgrade.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by EyezofGod120: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
grin my atm expired,,I come.reaxh bank to collect another one na so dem say my signature no match o,, I wan fight dat day ehn

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by money121(m): 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ok
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by ayindejimmy(m): 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dottore:
UBA Mobile app is the worst app out there. Don't ever have it as your only banking app.
To log in is a big problem. You will keep receiving 'timeout' error
messages. To transfer is a bigger problem.
Other banking apps especially FCMB work even at tiny Internet signal but UBA doesn't unless you are standing next to a 4G tower or inside mtn office. Whoever made the app for them is an amateur.

It will frustrate you in urgent situations. Be warned.
I just transfer money on that UBA app now. Transferred 10k twice but receiver only got 10k. Since morning I've been fighting them on Twitter, Facebook, email and the app

Modified

I just got my 10k back.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by nedekid: 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
2013 or so them thief my almost 400k for bank. I go bank then de do me shakara.
By the time I start wahala. Na with beg them take give me my money.
Banking officer sef come my house 6am with her husband come beg make wahala end.
I tell them say i don run expenses. Them pay my money with expenses join. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by utenwuson: 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
Me at UBA lokoja, wanted to withdraw money to travel, next thing my atm got trapped, I went into the bank and ask for my card, after 40 minutes they kept saying I should wait, when I told the customer service girl to give me my card which was visibly in her hand, she says she want to verify, I lost my cool and almost slapped her, I dragged all the three cards in her hands and slam her computer, the idiott manager ran out, I told her to resign, she says camera is there that I should calm down.... I insulted everyone in that bank

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by xwiit: 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:
1 UBA
Lost my ATM card in 2006, had to pay 520 naira for withdrawal slip each time. As a student o. Imagine I had to close the account and port to GTB

2 FIRST BANK
Tried to open account, this people even requested for birth certificate, baptismal certificate etc I pick race comot banking hall

3 ACCESS BANK
Hmm, lost my phone. Trying to link mobile app to new device. Mogbe! No OTP. Back and forth banking hall, emails, twitter dragging for 3 months. I just deleted them.

4 KUDA BANK

FEAR ONLINE BANKS O! It's sweet at early stage until you have an issue and there is no physical office to lay your complaint. Na so my 20k trap for the account. I cannot withdraw, they don't answer emails, their phone number doesn't connect.
Does anyone know how to contact CBN so I can petition?

Can you imagine I fix 100k in GTbank instead of the fixed deposit to increase, my capital was been deductedd from. And I can't remove the money until it get matured else I will be charged extra cost.

They said I was been charged for sms. For fixed deposit account? Who does that? And I have normal savings account.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by dejol88: 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
All I know is that if you cherish your sanity avoid, I repeat avoid access Bank.

They have Phd in customer frustration!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Oduduwa707: 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:

Nigerian banks are crooks
All of them

They're just a reflection of the Nigerian society at large.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by buJu234: 1:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
recharge my phone via Access bank online in Jan.2022 for 20k.. up till today no credit..

even after complaining...

the next they sent me no angry text... SERVICE DELIVERED CASE CLOSED.

i have stopped using them for any online recharging oo..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by KingAzubuike(f): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:
My younger sister is down with APPENDICITIS that is about to Burst and could result in death. Hospital has refused to attend to her until a deposit of 30k is paid. Pls, we are orphans and have nobody. Pls help i beg of you
But how did you know the appendix was about to burst? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Kokaine(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jaiz bank.

Saw a house on distress sale. Paid all the money in my account to buy it and it was remaining 1.4m balance. Met jaiz bank to pay it for me so they retrieve it from my salary.

Omo... Those guys Jon's me so tay the owner dey beg me make I come collect my deposit back because they don see buyer already.

Until I called the customer care in abuja before they later paid that money.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by damiloladuke: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by damiloladuke: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
Gtbank app had glitch, sent N205, 000 to a bastard on Binance escrow, money refused to go... I canceled Binance order... Money went through after 30 minutes. Merchant refused to refund me. Smh

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by warhzza(m): 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
GTB

In my HND days, i was stucked in school,had N100 on me. So someone sent me 1k to transport myself home. On getting to Oshodi i decided to withdraw from first bank along oshodi road, Na so dem debit me no money...waited for like 10mins..then went to the Uba along the express to try. Insufficient, Dem no gree refund me.. I walked all the way from Oshodi Express that hot friday afternoon to GTB Airport road...If you all know the route....

The customer service officer said i will get a refund in 3 working days..See Sapa Dancing with me...

Begged her if there's anything she cud do..that i am still going to Iyana Ipaja(Exaggerating)...She said No..had to trek From Airport road to Shogunle that very day. I was so mad. After 3 working days, Money still no enter..na frustuation i take go back the branch...They con later send my 1k..

The 1k then pain me even after i told the bros and he sent me another.

Thank God for life now.

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
KingAzubuike:

But how did you know the appendix was about to burst? undecided

Thats what the doctors have said. I won't lie and will never lie about issues like these. I am already depressed.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Newfoundlove: 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
P

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Goldbw122(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
I lost my sim and got a new one, I have lay numerous complain on my ussd so that my transfer will be fast and uba are just making things hard for me...

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Toktee(m): 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:
My younger sister is down with APPENDICITIS that is about to Burst and could result in death. Hospital has refused to attend to her until a deposit of 30k is paid. Pls, we are orphans and have nobody. Pls help i beg of you
Please stop this na.... I checked your entire comments here and 99% is soliciting for help... Why na are you not a man?

I once solicited for help here but what I received was insults but have moved on since.

When they ask you for proof you dodge the question.

Pls stop

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Toktee(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Most Nigerians don't know that Banking Services is one of the few things "working well" in Nigeria.

It is a big deal for us to have our Banking services this good despite the poor state of the Nation.

Inter-Bank transfers failure rate is now very low and resolution is within one business day in most cases.

The issue of inappropriate charges is a fallacy
One of them spotted grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
Emmy3:
FCMB
Acc#: 6379796011

There was a failed transaction for about $36 in August/September 2021 that I was debited.
It was a payment for a domain hosting for a client I needed to deliver her work urgently. This was the only means to pay because of $100 monthly limits on cards.
I called, called and wrote several emails to the bank but to no avail to revert the said amount.

Then I waited patiently and took a loan of about 36k from the bank with no repayment intent because of the inconveniences they caused me.

Later in October I changed my mind to repay only to get a message that additional 6k was added from a system error.

Na so I take give up on the account and bank.
Till today they even haven't rectified the errors or reverted the said amount.
Right now; I no longer use Nigeria banks.

How did you obtain loan without collateral?
You mean that the bank has not made any attempt to retrieve their money with you?
No police or EFCC tracking you
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Smartgeek(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mine has to be the terrible experience I had with UBA.

While I was in school, I was walking into the bank to go withdraw some cash. A call came in while I was just walking towards the bank and I was talking to the caller on the phone next thing na one slap I receive while I was approaching the entrance of the bank.

Apparently, the CSO said I'm not supposed to be making calls in the bank premises both inside and outside the bank.

He seized my phone and asked me to come back the next day to collect the phone.

I just went there the next day, collected my phone and closed my account.

Till today, I don't operate any UBA account.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Thobby02lawbar(f): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dottore:
UBA Mobile app is the worst app out there. Don't ever have it as your only banking app.
To log in is a big problem. You will keep receiving 'timeout' error
messages. To transfer is a bigger problem.
Other banking apps especially FCMB work even at tiny Internet signal but UBA doesn't unless you are standing next to a 4G tower or inside mtn office. Whoever made the app for them is an amateur.

It will frustrate you in urgent situations. Be warned.

Guy you're right. I have abandoned them. The mofos con dey send me messages say e don tey wey I don use their app. I go soon delete them sef. Make I first change something

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
damiloladuke:
Gtbank app had glitch, sent N205, 000 to a bastard on Binance escrow, money refused to go... I canceled Binance order... Money went through after 30 minutes. Merchant refused to refund me. Smh

This one is painful mehn
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
Toktee:
Please stop this na.... I checked your entire comments here and 99% is soliciting for help... Why na are you not a man?

I once solicited for help here but what I received was insults but have moved on since.

When they ask you for proof you dodge the question.

Pls stop

Pls, u dnt have to insult me. I am been honest with u. If i had, i wouldn't come here. I am not lazy, i am a hardworking man but i am still struggling to survive. Nobody likes to beg ok. My sister's life is in danger here.
Pls what evidence do u want? We are still home & the hospitals cant do anytin if an advance payment isnt made.
pls dnt make me commit suicide, i am already depressed here. Pls and pls.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
utenwuson:
Me at UBA lokoja, wanted to withdraw money to travel, next thing my atm got trapped, I went into the bank and ask for my card, after 40 minutes they kept saying I should wait, when I told the customer service girl to give me my card which was visibly in her hand, she says she want to verify, I lost my cool and almost slapped her, I dragged all the three cards in her hands and slam her computer, the idiott manager ran out, I told her to resign, she says camera is there that I should calm down.... I insulted everyone in that bank

You are a MAN!
Love the energy display.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Dozis: 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:
1 UBA
Lost my ATM card in 2006, had to pay 520 naira for withdrawal slip each time. As a student o. Imagine I had to close the account and port to GTB

2 FIRST BANK
Tried to open account, this people even requested for birth certificate, baptismal certificate etc I pick race comot banking hall

3 ACCESS BANK
Hmm, lost my phone. Trying to link mobile app to new device. Mogbe! No OTP. Back and forth banking hall, emails, twitter dragging for 3 months. I just deleted them.

4 KUDA BANK

FEAR ONLINE BANKS O! It's sweet at early stage until you have an issue and there is no physical office to lay your complaint. Na so my 20k trap for the account. I cannot withdraw, they don't answer emails, their phone number doesn't connect.
Does anyone know how to contact CBN so I can petition?
Mail cpd@cbn.gov.ng then tag Kuda and see your problem solved with lightening speed

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Toktee(m): 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:

Pls, u dnt have to insult me. I am been honest with u. If i had, i wouldn't come here. I am not lazy, i am a hardworking man but i am still struggling to survive. Nobody likes to beg ok. My sister's life is in danger here.
Pls what evidence do u want? We are still home & the hospitals cant do anytin if an advance payment isnt made.
pls dnt make me commit suicide, i am already depressed here. Pls and pls.
Suicide is your choice.....

But you are always like this soliciting for one help to another.... Now where is the picture of your sick sister and your location??

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? / Genuine Online Investments! / Realistic Business Opportunities In Abuja, Any Ideas????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.