Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,721 members, 7,827,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Share Your Worst Banking Experience - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Banking Experience (13013 Views)

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / Access Bank Partners With Microsoft To Upgrade Security & Banking Experience For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by MoneyGoDrop: 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Don't go out with your kuda card cause it will definitely disappoint you.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by lobbyist(m): 12:19am On Feb 22, 2022
Mine is Access bank. I regret banking with them.
I mistakenly sent 20k to someone I didn't know and I initiated a mail immediately to reclaim my lost money. Almost 5 weeks now, the bank has not updated me on the issue and no hope of getting back my 20k through the Access bank negligence.
If you are banking with them, becareful ooooo.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Smartgeek(m): 1:22am On Feb 22, 2022
richmanrichard:
just like that? u no fight d idiot? comrade why now?
You know all those rough faced huge men wey be chief security officers that year for UBA in ugbowo close to UBTH? bros, things don change now... U fit even receive calls for inside banking Hall sef... Then, them fit treat u like armed robber say u Wan organise robbery na why u dey make calls. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by kamalese: 2:12am On Feb 22, 2022
warhzza:
GTB

The 1k then pain me even after i told the bros and he sent me another.

Thank God for life now.
It is too late to fail for us, Amen.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by tammie24: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
KingAzubuike:

But how did you know the appendix was about to burst? undecided
the guy is a professional beggar
Go through his account
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by tammie24: 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2022
Smartgeek:
Mine has to be the terrible experience I had with UBA.

While I was in school, I was walking into the bank to go withdraw some cash. A call came in while I was just walking towards the bank and I was talking to the caller on the phone next thing na one slap I receive while I was approaching the entrance of the bank.

Apparently, the CSO said I'm not supposed to be making calls in the bank premises both inside and outside the bank.

He seized my phone and asked me to come back the next day to collect the phone.

I just went there the next day, collected my phone and closed my account.

Till today, I don't operate any UBA account.
wtf
You didn't sue them?
That is assault!
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Smartgeek(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2022
tammie24:
wtf
You didn't sue them?
That is assault!
LOL. Then I was just a year 1 student o.... Sue with which money?
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by hopebacy(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Please how can I resolve these, i am a POS agent, using palmpay POS, i made a transfer to firstbank customer on 22nd December 2021, the transaction was successful but the customer wasn't credited, i contacted palmpay and they gave me session ID to give the customer to go to his bank. We went to the bank the first day and was told the money was hanging somewhere that it will take 24hrs for the transaction to be approved. After like 3days nothing, one week later i went back and they told me to write a letter for the money to be tracked with the session ID, i did all was required but till today the customer never see the money, and no reversal either.
I have used all the available means to engage them even going to different branches of firstbank in my city yet same story. Abeg any advice on how to go about these?
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by adubam(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2022
hopebacy:
Please how can I resolve these, i am a POS agent, using palmpay POS, i made a transfer to firstbank customer on 22nd December 2021, the transaction was successful but the customer wasn't credited, i contacted palmpay and they gave me session ID to give the customer to go to his bank. We went to the bank the first day and was told the money was hanging somewhere that it will take 24hrs for the transaction to be approved. After like 3days nothing, one week later i went back and they told me to write a letter for the money to be tracked with the session ID, i did all was required but till today the customer never see the money, and no reversal either.
I have used all the available means to engage them even going to different branches of firstbank in my city yet same story. Abeg any advice on how to go about these?

The bulk of it lies on the customer's bank. There is nothing you can do since it showed successful on your own end. I had similar scenario it took almost a month but I got my money back without even calling the POS agent. Let the customer to deal with the headquarters of his bank via email and he will be refunded.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by tammie24: 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
Smartgeek:
LOL. Then I was just a year 1 student o.... Sue with which money?

grin e pain me sha
Why the man go hit you like that grin
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by adubam(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
CoxxyBrown:
FCMB

I deposited 140k into my own account ohh plus the 30k that I had making a total of 170k guess what?
Fcmb blocked my account and said I should come and upgrade. I said ok that one is not a problem little do I know that am in for stress. After updating I went to get an Atm card cos the one I had before was due to expire this February 2022.
After spending a whole day trying to update my account I was told my the customer care that my name did not match with my Bvn so my account had being blocked, that I need to do a newspaper publication for a change of name.
That's was the beginning of the frustration. I had no money on me still manage to do the newspaper publication take it to the bank after 1week I was told that I should bring police extract( pls which one be police extract), write letter to the Branch manager, fill many forms before my account can be unblocked.
My Brother after so much stress..I was finally cleared this afternoon since around 9am I went to the bank.
Have made of my mind to withdraw all my money from FCMB and closed the Bank.
I can't suffer on top my own money.

This topic came at the right time.

Sorry about this. I told FCMB teller begging me to open an account with them that even if they open an account for me and lodge in 500k I would still not accept it. That bank has frustrated many Civil Servant with loans that interest collected is almost triple what they gave out.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Smartgeek(m): 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2022
tammie24:

grin e pain me sha
Why the man go hit you like that grin
That year, na blackberry wey I manage save money buy I just wan collect back grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by hopebacy(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
adubam:

The bulk of it lies on the customer's bank. There is nothing you can do since it showed successful on your own end. I had similar scenario it took almost a month but I got my money back without even calling the POS agent. Let the customer to deal with the headquarters of his bank via email and he will be refunded.
The problem is have already refund the customer. He promise to give me the money if the bank finally credit his account.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by tammie24: 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
CoxxyBrown:
FCMB

I deposited 140k into my own account ohh plus the 30k that I had making a total of 170k guess what?
Fcmb blocked my account and said I should come and upgrade. I said ok that one is not a problem little do I know that am in for stress. After updating I went to get an Atm card cos the one I had before was due to expire this February 2022.
After spending a whole day trying to update my account I was told my the customer care that my name did not match with my Bvn so my account had being blocked, that I need to do a newspaper publication for a change of name.
That's was the beginning of the frustration. I had no money on me still manage to do the newspaper publication take it to the bank after 1week I was told that I should bring police extract( pls which one be police extract), write letter to the Branch manager, fill many forms before my account can be unblocked.
My Brother after so much stress..I was finally cleared this afternoon since around 9am I went to the bank.
Have made of my mind to withdraw all my money from FCMB and closed the Bank.
I can't suffer on top my own money.

This topic came at the right time.
see wahala cheesy
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by tammie24: 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
Morientez:
U.b.a removed 60k from my account.. debit i no even see..went to print statement nothing came up..
Please for your sanity aviod these banks..
U.b.a
Access bank
G.t.b
remove GTB from that list
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2022
hopebacy:

Go on Twitter, tag CBN
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
drmuchin:

Would you go Lagos from Calabar when you have issue with your bank account?
Mr ITK
just check online…. I’m sure they have offices around
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
drmuchin:

Would you go Lagos from Calabar when you have issue with your bank account?
Mr ITK
Mr. ITK? just wow. Fool. Na you de complain, i tried to help you de call me itk. Your papa left nyash. F0ol. Abeg getat.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by adubam(m): 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
hopebacy:

The problem is have already refund the customer. He promise to give me the money if the bank finally credit his account.

You made a big mistake - Never give a customer refund he a situation of this -

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by alexconddy072(m): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2022
Thanks for the advice. When I realised that my bank was not willing to pursue my complaint to a logical conclusion, I sent a complaint letter to CBN via the Consumer Protection Department (CPD). The mail was sent about a week ago, quoting my complaint reference number, but apart from the auto reply which came immediately after I sent the mail, I am yet to receive any tangible response from CPD. Maybe I will need to approach my bank's Fraud Department as all my previous interactions have been with the Customers Service.
Harrisonwo:

If you wrote a mail to that, just copy the CBN complaint desk.

But if no mail, you can initiate a mail to first contact stating the incident and how far you have gone. Put the complaint number if you are given for easy tracking.
Also copy CBN complaint desk and also your bank fraud Dept.

The ATM footage should have been sent if requested along side the journal.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Harrisonwo(m): 11:26am On Feb 24, 2022
alexconddy072:
Thanks for the advice. When I realised that my bank was not willing to pursue my complaint to a logical conclusion, I sent a complaint letter to CBN via the Consumer Protection Department (CPD). The mail was sent about a week ago, quoting my complaint reference number, but apart from the auto reply which came immediately after I sent the mail, I am yet to receive any tangible response from CPD. Maybe I will need to approach my bank's Fraud Department as all my previous interactions have been with the Customers Service.

Do a reminder and also put a call across to them
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Koleb: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2022
damiloladuke:

He sold out already
then report to binance u could have gotten ur money talking from experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please I Lost My Bvn Number How Can I Get It? / Check Out 3 Mistakes To Avoid When Sending Money Online / We Buy Dollar At N320, Says PZ Cussons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.