Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,765 members, 7,827,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Share Your Worst Banking Experience - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Banking Experience (13015 Views)

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / Access Bank Partners With Microsoft To Upgrade Security & Banking Experience For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by RingRoadMafia: 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:
My younger sister is down with APPENDICITIS that is about to Burst and could result in death. Hospital has refused to attend to her until a deposit of 30k is paid. Pls, we are orphans and have nobody. Pls help i beg of you

Thunder faya you and that your imaginary younger sister. Ozuo!

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by RingRoadMafia: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:

Pls, u dnt have to insult me. I am been honest with u. If i had, i wouldn't come here. I am not lazy, i am a hardworking man but i am still struggling to survive. Nobody likes to beg ok. My sister's life is in danger here.
Pls what evidence do u want? We are still home & the hospitals cant do anytin if an advance payment isnt made.
pls dnt make me commit suicide, i am already depressed here. Pls and pls.

Commit suicide na? Rid the world of one less idiot. This your new format is not effective. Fool

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by CoxxyBrown(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
FCMB

I deposited 140k into my own account ohh plus the 30k that I had making a total of 170k guess what?
Fcmb blocked my account and said I should come and upgrade. I said ok that one is not a problem little do I know that am in for stress. After updating I went to get an Atm card cos the one I had before was due to expire this February 2022.
After spending a whole day trying to update my account I was told my the customer care that my name did not match with my Bvn so my account had being blocked, that I need to do a newspaper publication for a change of name.
That's was the beginning of the frustration. I had no money on me still manage to do the newspaper publication take it to the bank after 1week I was told that I should bring police extract( pls which one be police extract), write letter to the Branch manager, fill many forms before my account can be unblocked.
My Brother after so much stress..I was finally cleared this afternoon since around 9am I went to the bank.
Have made of my mind to withdraw all my money from FCMB and closed the Bank.
I can't suffer on top my own money.

This topic came at the right time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by OneTwoOne(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Same experience, very useless Bank app. GTBank app is The Best
Dottore:
UBA Mobile app is the worst app out there. Don't ever have it as your only banking app.
To log in is a big problem. You will keep receiving 'timeout' error
messages. To transfer is a bigger problem.
Other banking apps especially FCMB work even at tiny Internet signal but UBA doesn't unless you are standing next to a 4G tower or inside mtn office. Whoever made the app for them is an amateur.

It will frustrate you in urgent situations. Be warned.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by smasher1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:
1 UBA
Lost my ATM card in 2006, had to pay 520 naira for withdrawal slip each time. As a student o. Imagine I had to close the account and port to GTB

2 FIRST BANK
Tried to open account, this people even requested for birth certificate, baptismal certificate etc I pick race comot banking hall

3 ACCESS BANK
Hmm, lost my phone. Trying to link mobile app to new device. Mogbe! No OTP. Back and forth banking hall, emails, twitter dragging for 3 months. I just deleted them.

4 KUDA BANK

FEAR ONLINE BANKS O! It's sweet at early stage until you have an issue and there is no physical office to lay your complaint. Na so my 20k trap for the account. I cannot withdraw, they don't answer emails, their phone number doesn't connect.
Does anyone know how to contact CBN so I can petition?

the number four is the reason why I can't bank online with no office. no one to put pressure on to resolve your issues.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by nedekid: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:

Bro
Did you involve court, CBN or police?
Pls inspire us with details
Na long story.
I was driving along akowonjo road one hot afternoon when I received debit alert. Roughly 400k in benefit of a strange name. Kehinde or so.
I rushed to my bank branch and complained. Apparently, someone cashed my cheque at airport branch of the bank!
I asked of the cheque details because my cheque book was with me. Omo, when I heard the cheque number that was used see shock!
Now about 9 months before, I was on my way to cotonou, just after Badagry, during gist in the car, someone spoke of his experience with the bank and how his money was stolen though missing cheque leaf. How his cheque was cut.
I put a call to my wife to go count my leafs. Miraculously, she called me that a particular leaf was missing. As in eg 75.
Howw.
I called my banking officer, to block that cheque number. She said I should come and write a letter. I explained my travelling. She then told be to send her a message via text. (that was my trump card). I sent the text quoting the number.. One good thing about me is that I do not delete messages.
Back to 9 months later. In the bank, they ignored me after my report of missing money making me feel as if I did magomago.
Anyway I went to police station, they said wrong jurisdiction, I had to trance the proper one.
It became correct police matter. Dpo was happy ie na the kind case him like. Say those banks de Bleep up, but today them don enter him trap! They went to the bank the next day with betta invitation letter. Arrested banking officer and one other person. See, the bank sent team of legal people from the head office to handle the matter.
Do you know it was that cheque leaf I complained about 9 months earlier that should be blocked that was used to steal my money? They waited and monitored my account for months until I used the booklet close to that number, then faked it and presented.
Anyway police took up the matter.
Banking officer after getting bail land my house 6am with her husband to plead for settlement that she could loose her job. They invited me to the bank. Say make them pay me. I said I have ran expenses. Them say make I name the amount. I talk. They prepared a draft from my money and pleaded for me to sign to end the matter because of my banking officers career. Them bring my expenses money in cash.
All I wanted was to get my money so I agreed.
The next day, I went to the police station to see the dpo and thank them that I had settled. Dpo almost had heart attack! Him and the top officers de shake head. The dpo said Kai, I made him loose a lot of money, that no wonder they called the bankers to come and they ignored them. Did I sign any documents for settlement? I said yes. Dpo shout! Say I spoilt his cashout! He said even the bank lawyers will cashout claiming they ran big expenses to end the matter, meanwhile na them chop the money.
Anyway, I presented them half of the "expenses" money and walka commot.
Now, the lesson of this all was that then you had a syndicate in that particular bank. When you collect your cheque book you sign a document saying counted and collected by me. This exonorates the bank. But do you really count? An insider would have used a blade to cut out one or 2 leafs neatly from the stub. Next thing, the monitor your account, when it approaches the number they prepare it and give an accomplice to cash the cheque.
You cannot complain, because you have signed you counted your booklet!
My saving grace was my text message.
NB: SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY, YOU ASKED FOR IT grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by tunnex190: 6:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
First Bank: first, it took me like 3 weeks to do KYC and account update. Imagine an account that was created during nysc to receive allawee in Cross River, this customer service representative was telling me to go back to Cross River from Port Harcourt to do account update because the account was for nysc program only. Took about 3 weeks to communicate with their branch in Ugep before I could use the account again.

Now I cannot operate multi-currency visa card that was issued to me again. Got my card swallowed by another bank. The new issued to me can't be used for my online transaction. If I go to the bank to complain. This one slego girl will be telling me...I do not understand your site..is it a betting site?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by alexconddy072(m): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mine is relatively recent; I am an account holder with First Bank of Nigeria Limited. I visited Unity Bank Automated Teller Machine (ATM) sometimes in January in an attempt to withdraw N10000. As usual, the machine prompted me to enter my PIN which I did, and thereafter asked me to enter the amount I would like to withdraw or press the button that agrees with the amount I wanted to withdraw. I responded by pressing the button indicating N10000, and immediately the screen of the ATM read "Transaction complete" without dispensing the cash. I left after I waited for a couple of minutes. Some minutes later, I received a debit alert. Hours later when I discovered the failed transaction had not been reversed, I contacted my bank via email as it was a non-working day. My bank (FBN) replied I should make a physical complaint if the transaction wasn't reversed after 24 hours.
To cut the long story short, a journal was sent to me by my bank that the transaction was successful. Having concluded in their own right that the transaction was successful, I requested for the video footage of the said transaction. First Bank had sent this request to Unity Bank, but Unity Bank has stubbornly refused to send the video footage as of today 21/02/2011, even after being sent a reminder on two different occasions.
I think our financial institutions should have a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for dealing with matters of this nature.
Readers should kindly advise
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Landkoluwaseun: 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
When I want to transfer money to my bet account and is not going
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
veeberry:
You are an accomplice and must provide the person that told you that Nigerian banks security is weak

"Seriously? You believe Nigerian banks are secured?...Let me school you a little, the reason hackers are not concerned about hacking Nigerian banks is because Nigerian fraudsters have simperty that their families could be affected and the reason to hack and defraud developed nations is to get back what the whites stole from their forefathers...

Make I boast your bubble, I have a friend who has the database of a popular Nigerian bank, he is just simpertetic that it could affect his family and friends so he just keeps his tab on and should their be no reform he will strike, Politicians should not take young and talented Nigerians for fools... ENDARS is just an intro of what will happen in 2023 if the old failed Politicians will keep decieving us...

Now the table is about to turn because these banks are now colluding with politcians to steal from their families working in the civil service...". Village People Spokesperson.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by richmanrichard: 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
xwiit:

Can you imagine I fix 100k in GTbank instead of the fixed deposit to increase, my capital was been deductedd from. And I can't remove the money until it get matured else I will be charged extra cost.

They said I was been charged for sms. For fixed deposit account? Who does that? And I have normal savings account.
chisos! I thought I ve seen it all.charge deductions on a fixed deposit?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
nedekid:

Na long story.
I was driving along akowonjo road one hot afternoon when I received debit alert. Roughly 400k in benefit of a strange name. Kehinde or so.
I rushed to my bank branch and complained. Apparently, someone cashed my cheque at airport branch of the bank!
I asked of the cheque details because my cheque book was with me. Omo, when I heard the cheque number that was used see shock!
Now about 9 months before, I was on my way to cotonou, just after Badagry, during gist in the car, someone spoke of his experience with the bank and how his money was stolen though missing cheque leaf. How his cheque was cut.
I put a call to my wife to go count my leafs. Miraculously, she called me that a particular leaf was missing. As in eg 75.
Howw.
I called my banking officer, to block that cheque number. She said I should come and write a letter. I explained my travelling. She then told be to send her a message via text. (that was my trump card). I sent the text quoting the number.. One good thing about me is that I do not delete messages.
Back to 9 months later. In the bank, they ignored me after my report of missing money making me feel as if I did magomago.
Anyway I went to police station, they said wrong jurisdiction, I had to trance the proper one.
It became correct police matter. Dpo was happy ie na the kind case him like. Say those banks de Bleep up, but today them don enter him trap! They went to the bank the next day with betta invitation letter. Arrested banking officer and one other person. See, the bank sent team of legal people from the head office to handle the matter.
Do you know it was that cheque leaf I complained about 9 months earlier that should be blocked that was used to steal my money? They waited and monitored my account for months until I used the booklet close to that number, then faked it and presented.
Banking officer after getting bail land my house 6am with her husband to plead for settlement that she could loose her job. They invited me to the bank. Say make them pay me. I said I have ran expenses. Them say make I name the amount. I talk. They prepared a draft from my money and pleaded for me to sign to end the matter because of my banking officers career. Them bring my expenses money in cash.
The next day, I went to the police station to see the dpo and thank them that I had settled. Dpo almost had heart attack! Him and the top officers de shake head. The dpo said Kai, I made him loose a lot of money, that no wonder they called the bankers to come and they ignored them. Did I sign any documents for settlement? I said yes. Dpo shout! Say I spoilt his cashout! He said even the bank lawyers will cashout claiming they ran big expenses to end the matter, meanwhile na them chop the money.
Now, the lesson of this all was that then you had a syndicate in that particular bank. When you collect your cheque book you sign a document saying counted and collected by me. This exonorates the bank. But do you really count? An insider would have used a blade to cut out one or 2 leafs neatly from the stub. Next thing, the monitor your account, when it approaches the number they prepare it and give an accomplice to cash the cheque.

Chai, you should have worked with the willing DPO and punish the bank severely. Even claim better serious damages. This was God given opportunity for you to balance. You go play Mercy said No!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Morientez: 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
U.b.a removed 60k from my account.. debit i no even see..went to print statement nothing came up..
Please for your sanity aviod these banks..
U.b.a
Access bank
G.t.b
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Oduduwa707:

They're just a reflection of the Nigerian society at large.
Apt
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by nedekid: 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:

Chai, you should have worked with the willing DPO and punish the bank severely. Even claim better serious damages. This was God given opportunity for you to balance. You go play Mercy said No!
I messed up.
All that was in my mind then was to get my money.
I could have cashed out big time.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by richmanrichard: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Smartgeek:
Mine has to be the terrible experience I had with UBA.

While I was in school, I was walking into the bank to go withdraw some cash. A call came in while I was just walking towards the bank and I was talking to the caller on the phone next thing na one slap I receive while I was approaching the entrance of the bank.

Apparently, the CSO said I'm not supposed to be making calls in the bank premises both inside and outside the bank.

He seized my phone and asked me to come back the next day to collect the phone.

I just went there the next day, collected my phone and closed my account.

Till today, I don't operate any UBA account.
just like that? u no fight d idiot? comrade why now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by GreaterFuture(m): 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
infogenius:
Zenith Bank - Abule Ado Branch.
Stopped over one day to complete the opening of an account.
The customer service was very poor. The staff very callous and rude.
Due to that experience, I used the account to serve the purpose it was opened for and dumped it.
I don't even know the account number again and unfortunately I saved in a phone I stopped using late last year. This means I don't have access to the account number anymore. I don't even need it sef
Anything Zenith just pisses me off because of that experience.
Abule odu...
That's going towards Egbeda right?
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Harrisonwo(m): 8:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
alexconddy072:
Mine is relatively recent; I am an account holder with First Bank of Nigeria Limited. I visited Unity Bank Automated Teller Machine (ATM) sometimes in January in an attempt to withdraw N10000. As usual, the machine prompted me to enter my PIN which I did, and thereafter asked me to enter the amount I would like to withdraw or press the button that agrees with the amount I wanted to withdraw. I responded by pressing the button indicating N10000, and immediately the screen of the ATM read "Transaction complete" without dispensing the cash. I left after I waited for a couple of minutes. Some minutes later, I received a debit alert. Hours later when I discovered the failed transaction had not been reversed, I contacted my bank via email as it was a non-working day. My bank (FBN) replied I should make a physical complaint if the transaction wasn't reversed after 24 hours.
To cut the long story short, a journal was sent to me by my bank that the transaction was successful. Having concluded in their own right that the transaction was successful, I requested for the video footage of the said transaction. First Bank had sent this request to Unity Bank, but Unity Bank has stubbornly refused to send the video footage as of today 21/02/2011, even after being sent a reminder on two different occasions.
I think our financial institutions should have a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for dealing with matters of this nature.
Readers should kindly advise

If you wrote a mail to that, just copy the CBN complaint desk.

But if no mail, you can initiate a mail to first contact stating the incident and how far you have gone. Put the complaint number if you are given for easy tracking.
Also copy CBN complaint desk and also your bank fraud Dept.

The ATM footage should have been sent if requested along side the journal.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by babajero(m): 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mine is waking up to debit alerts of services I know nothing about, how can you be maintaining the ATM card in my wallet. Or retrieving money for MTN when I have no personal business with them.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by richmanrichard: 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
CoxxyBrown:
FCMB

I deposited 140k into my own account ohh plus the 30k that I had making a total of 170k guess what?
Fcmb blocked my account and said I should come and upgrade. I said ok that one is not a problem little do I know that am in for stress. After updating I went to get an Atm card cos the one I had before was due to expire this February 2022.
After spending a whole day trying to update my account I was told my the customer care that my name did not match with my Bvn so my account had being blocked, that I need to do a newspaper publication for a change of name.
That's was the beginning of the frustration. I had no money on me still manage to do the newspaper publication take it to the bank after 1week I was told that I should bring police extract( pls which one be police extract), write letter to the Branch manager, fill many forms before my account can be unblocked.
My Brother after so much stress..I was finally cleared this afternoon since around 9am I went to the bank.
Have made of my mind to withdraw all my money from FCMB and closed the Bank.
I can't suffer on top my own money.

This topic came at the right time.
do right thing now. dem go still frustrate u.d last time I used my fcmb was 2019.d idiots was deducting 400naira every month in d name of SMS charges.it continued for a whole year plus some months into 2019. I just vex on evening go withdraw all withdrawable. b4 then; I complain tire
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by richmanrichard: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
nedekid:

Na long story.
Howw.
na man u be. though u gave them a soft landing .God know say if na me wey hold dem for balls as u managed; I for don crush am tey tey. dem go pay for all d sins of all d banks wey don't frustrate my life.you are doing well!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
nedekid:

I messed up.
All that was in my mind then was to get my money.
I could have cashed out big time.

If na me, I will go to hospital collect medical report say I have developed BP and mental problem.
I will liase with DPO to apply maximum pressure and push to court.
When we land court, I will apply for damages max 10 million
Then I would hope for approach for out of court settlement.
Nothing concern me with banking officer and her husband because I will close the account and relocate before the whole fracas ends

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by richmanrichard: 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
GreaterFuture:
Abule odu... That's going towards Egbeda right?
yes.that's in egbeda
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Aidejay(m): 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
richmanrichard:
story of useless n criminal banks cannot be complete without Fellowship Or Comrades Of Mumu Banks(FCMB) featuring.
dem just do me strong thing barely 2 hours ago.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by richmanrichard: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
Aidejay:
dem just do me strong thing barely 2 hours ago.
wetin dem do u ? comrade come forth
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Ifeanyi4491(m): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Please who knows if polaris bank has master card
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Dybala11(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Most Nigerians don't know that Banking Services is one of the few things "working well" in Nigeria.

It is a big deal for us to have our Banking services this good despite the poor state of the Nation.

Inter-Bank transfers failure rate is now very low and resolution is within one business day in most cases.

The issue of inappropriate charges is a fallacy
What are you saying, inappropriate charges still dey o. grin
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Ifeanyi4491(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
utenwuson:
Me at UBA lokoja, wanted to withdraw money to travel, next thing my atm got trapped, I went into the bank and ask for my card, after 40 minutes they kept saying I should wait, when I told the customer service girl to give me my card which was visibly in her hand, she says she want to verify, I lost my cool and almost slapped her, I dragged all the three cards in her hands and slam her computer, the idiott manager ran out, I told her to resign, she says camera is there that I should calm down.... I insulted everyone in that bank
Best way to handle them...
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by YourFavorite21(m): 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nigerian banks are very useless and annoying all of them.
I opened an account with my phone(Zenith bank) hoping to register and activate it proper the next day when I get to the banking hall.

So when I got to the banking hall the next morning, I went straight to the customer service, and explained everything to her, she asked me to fill a form and I did, only for the werey to open a fresh account for me with a different account number.

Somebody requested for my account number, so I mistakenly sent the u-registered account number to him, and he sent money into the account, I couldn't withdraw so I went back to the bank to complain, hoping that they can remove the money or transfer it to the registered account, they said I should fill another form again, and I did till today I never hear from them, I regret wasting tfare to that useless bank,and na so my money take go
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Blesyn22(m): 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
As I dey now UBA don comot #784 for stamp and SMS charges for month wey never end. The customer care representative cum dey follow me talk one kind english for Twitter.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by damiloladuke: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2022
Koleb:
u should have opened another order with same buyer or report to binance. U lose guard yourself

He sold out already
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Aaay: 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Many

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out 3 Mistakes To Avoid When Sending Money Online / We Buy Dollar At N320, Says PZ Cussons / I Borrowed Money Without Collateral On Paylater, Here’s How It Works-nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.