Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Share Your Worst Banking Experience - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Banking Experience (12998 Views)

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / Access Bank Partners With Microsoft To Upgrade Security & Banking Experience For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by 22o62021: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Eco bank has bed. Telling me that they don’t have master card or visa since 11 months now

Today I went there and there was master card available but she said to me

We can issue our card today

There is a network problem.. I just weak collect withdrawal slip

Comot my money , I only remain 925 n’aura there for airtime recharge.

Last 2 weeks I have an exam to write very early the next day. And I only had 300 naira plus the last 1k on my account.

I came out that evening to withdraw the last 1k

ATM debited me and I no see money... I de hungry with only #300 and I will have to transport myself to school very early in the morning.

I bought bread 150 plus satchet water 50.

I held back 100 for going because I know say my guys go transport me back.

Up till now wema bank hasn’t reversed the money

I went there again this morning and they are giving me hope

I’m just leaving them cos it’s 1k but what it was to serve me that moment it didn’t.

I now use Cowrywise for savings

I hope say they no go be like others oo

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Toktee:
Suicide is your choice.....

But you are always like this soliciting for one help to another.... Now where is the picture of your sick sister and your location??

In cross River state, Mfom. Igoli.
Will send d pix later. Pls help if u can.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by veeberry(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
You are an accomplice and must provide the person that told you that Nigerian banks security is weak
KingOfAmebo:

"Nigerian banks are the main contributors and supporters of corruption in Nigeria, they approach politcians to keep salaries and pensions in their banks on a fix deposit and tell the politcians they will be paid a certain agreed percentage during maturity while the workers languish in poverty for not being paid as when due...

Nigerian banks will make you regret keeping your money with them after charging you unnecessarily with the full support of that useless financial regulator called the CBN...

Known corrupt leaders keep their loots with these evil banks for safe keeps without questioning, but the banks go after young enterprenuer doing well in their respective fields...

I can go on and on...

A hacker once told me if they can hack US banks and move funds out that Nigerian banks have the least security in world and it's just a matter of time they focus on hacking Nigerian banks solely because billions of stolen loots are kept there". Village People Spokesperson
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Toktee(m): 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:

Not without tangible evidence.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Toktee(m): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
veeberry:
You are an accomplice and must provide the person that told you that Nigerian banks security is weak
If developed nations financial institutions can be hacked,why are you making it a big deal?
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Smartgeek(m): 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
nedekid:
2013 or so them thief my almost 400k for bank. I go bank then de do me shakara.
By the time I start wahala. Na with beg them take give me my money.
Banking officer sef come my house 6am with her husband come beg make wahala end.
I tell them say i don run expenses. Them pay my money with expenses join. grin
hahaha

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by LaSenior: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
Polaris Bank is the most underrated bank in Nigeria

This bank dey try I swear

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by kinibigdeal(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:
1 UBA
Lost my ATM card in 2006, had to pay 520 naira for withdrawal slip each time. As a student o. Imagine I had to close the account and port to GTB

2 FIRST BANK
Tried to open account, this people even requested for birth certificate, baptismal certificate etc I pick race comot banking hall

3 ACCESS BANK
Hmm, lost my phone. Trying to link mobile app to new device. Mogbe! No OTP. Back and forth banking hall, emails, twitter dragging for 3 months. I just deleted them.

4 KUDA BANK

FEAR ONLINE BANKS O! It's sweet at early stage until you have an issue and there is no physical office to lay your complaint. Na so my 20k trap for the account. I cannot withdraw, they don't answer emails, their phone number doesn't connect.
Does anyone know how to contact CBN so I can petition?

Kuda bank has office. It’s along Adekunle, Herbert Macaulay Yaba. You will need to book appointment with them as they made customer visitations based on appointments

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
Toktee:

Not without tangible evidence.

Pls sir, what exactly should i show to you. Picture of her lying down or what exactly pls. Whatever u say, i will do. Her life is sacrosanct!
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Koleb: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
damiloladuke:
Gtbank app had glitch, sent N205, 000 to a bastard on Binance escrow, money refused to go... I canceled Binance order... Money went through after 30 minutes. Merchant refused to refund me. Smh
u should have opened another order with same buyer or report to binance. U lose guard yourself

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by MikeMicheal(m): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:

Pls, u dnt have to insult me. I am been honest with u. If i had, i wouldn't come here. I am not lazy, i am a hardworking man but i am still struggling to survive. Nobody likes to beg ok. My sister's life is in danger here.
Pls what evidence do u want? We are still home & the hospitals cant do anytin if an advance payment isnt made.
pls dnt make me commit suicide, i am already depressed here. Pls and pls.
You think you can blackmail members of the forum with your suicide threats?

If you don't commit suicide, God will punish you. Thief.

Where are the moderators sef...
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Misternas89(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:

Kpele o

During my NYSC, my roommate enter bike to Ikot Ekpene on credit to go withdraw from ATM. Visited 5 banks no network, racked up 1k bike fare.
Omo my guy turn beggar o, he even had to squat somewhere for the night
Very unpalatable experience
Comrade, shey na u or ur friend true true

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
MikeMicheal:
You think you can blackmail members of the forum with your suicide threats?

If you don't commit suicide, God will punish you. Thief.

Where are the moderators sef...

You have every right to insult to me. Thank you.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by limcar: 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
Hot, humid, smelly bank and a transaction that exceeded a week.
i upgraded my account. One wk later, i couldn't withdraw. Why? They said my account haven't been upgraded until i go and fill another form.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Misternas89(m): 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:

You will send the pictures later? So he should first send the money to you right?? Baba you are a born fool. Show us proof and some kind hearted individuals would surely be of assistance, I trust this forum. You can not gain anything if you continues hiding behind 1 finger bros. Talk true, na local yahoo you be.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by jboixxx: 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Access Bank na one useless bank.

4weeks after applying for opening of account, no account number sent. I sha go back to collect my 6k back. Yes, they insisted I must drop at least 5k cash for them to process the account opening!

First bank is a learner near Access Bank.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by psucc(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Most Nigerians don't know that Banking Services is one of the few things "working well" in Nigeria.

It is a big deal for us to have our Banking services this good despite the poor state of the Nation.

Inter-Bank transfers failure rate is now very low and resolution is within one business day in most cases.

The issue of inappropriate charges is a fallacy
No wonder Buhari stillhave a crowd of followers

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by emmykk(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
I Wrongly deposit money into a wrong first Bank account since January 22 as a pos agent.up till date neither firstbank whose customer received the money, nor moniepoint who I m agent to or CBN that regulates the banks can refund the 10,200 money that I wrongly posted.

That is when I know that this country fuccked

From my experience I can now say if you are into local yahoo yahoo andyou sent someone send you money there is nothing the sender can do because all the bank can't help.

I m a case study
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by olayiwolaay(m): 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
At the mention of UBA, pls run for safety of ur funds.

Had a failed remita transaction and complained immediately, I was told to send a mail and as well try d transaction again. That was how we started exchanging mails for complete 4 months only to be told at the end that d transaction was successful. Why not tell me from day 1 or 2 instead of 4 months wait?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by SekaniSG: 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
Went to a first bank branch to get my bvn done. After waiting for close to two hours before it got to my turn, the customer care told me that they can only do bvn in the morning. I left and returned the next day, filled the form and submitted it, at the end of the day, the guy interchanged the name I wrote on the form and gave me a different date of birth. I was annoyed when I saw the error and complained to the customer care, they asked me to do affidavit and newspaper publication for mistake they made. I left it that way since I've not made any transaction or anything that will affect my bvn for now.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Slaysor: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
UBA is the worst bank ever!
Imagine I recharged 100# from my uba bank and I was charged 65#..any transaction I want to try,I first receive debit for the charge b4 I am debited for the transaction. Very useless bank!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:
1 UBA
Lost my ATM card in 2006, had to pay 520 naira for withdrawal slip each time. As a student o. Imagine I had to close the account and port to GTB

2 FIRST BANK
Tried to open account, this people even requested for birth certificate, baptismal certificate etc I pick race comot banking hall

3 ACCESS BANK
Hmm, lost my phone. Trying to link mobile app to new device. Mogbe! No OTP. Back and forth banking hall, emails, twitter dragging for 3 months. I just deleted them.

4 KUDA BANK

FEAR ONLINE BANKS O! It's sweet at early stage until you have an issue and there is no physical office to lay your complaint. Na so my 20k trap for the account. I cannot withdraw, they don't answer emails, their phone number doesn't connect.
Does anyone know how to contact CBN so I can petition?
Don’t say what you do not know. kuda has an office at Herbert Macauley way, Yaba. Its by the road and even on the map

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Boss469(m): 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
I bought 6k airtime on Saturday from quickteller I was debited but, the app showed me transaction failed. I checked my email and they sent me the same message from the app.

I've emailed them but, no reply up till now.

I tire for nigeria.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Benki003(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Danmboss:

Were you able to resolve the matter?

For where I haven't but I'll see to it this week
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nicholaspepe:

Thats what the doctors have said. I won't lie and will never lie about issues like these. I am already depressed.

Since July last year you've been begging. Are you not tired? Where are you getting the money for data? Can't you sell your phone?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
nedekid:
2013 or so them thief my almost 400k for bank. I go bank then de do me shakara.
By the time I start wahala. Na with beg them take give me my money.
Banking officer sef come my house 6am with her husband come beg make wahala end.
I tell them say i don run expenses. Them pay my money with expenses join. grin

Bro
Did you involve court, CBN or police?
Pls inspire us with details

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Don’t say what you do not know. kuda has an office at Herbert Macauley way, Yaba. Its by the road and even on the map

Would you go Lagos from Calabar when you have issue with your bank account?
Mr ITK
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 4:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Koleb:
u should have opened another order with same buyer or report to binance. U lose guard yourself

Pls can you explain in a more detailed way
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dozis:

Mail cpd@cbn.gov.ng then tag Kuda and see your problem solved with lightening speed

Thank you bro
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by SoapQueen(f): 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
They stole my phone at Ojoo Ibadan, 2010. It was very early, like 8:15am and I was the 5th person to use the counter that day.

I burst into tears and went to meet the cashier to release the names of the 4 persons that went before me from their register.

They refused and said it was against their rules.

I cried and cried that day like a helpless child.

Crazy times.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Alwayshungry: 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
U are always on nairaland asking for one favor or another since last year.
Don't want to judge you but you need to step up on your game.
Nobody owes anybody anything is the first lesson to emancipation.
Nicholaspepe:
My younger sister is down with APPENDICITIS that is about to Burst and could result in death. Hospital has refused to attend to her until a deposit of 30k is paid. Pls, we are orphans and have nobody. Pls help i beg of you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by akandi4u(m): 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
let me mention Zenith bank Udouudoma avenue branch, Uyo, Akwa ibom state. Where you have long ques under the customer care, yet those ladies will be gisting, laughing and playing among themselves as if nothing is happening. the worst is you will be locked outside and denied entry to the banking hall because of the long que at the customer care section. My experience when i visit this Zenith bank branch and see how those ladies treat customers queuing up for hours is always very annoying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? / Genuine Online Investments! / Realistic Business Opportunities In Abuja, Any Ideas????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.