Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy (2061 Views)

The Tithe Is Not Old Testament It Belongs To The Lord For The Widow, Fatherless / Prophet Andrew Ejimadu Seer 1: "I Bathed Man With Money, He's Now A Millionaire" / Photo Of The Enugu Mourners Who Confessed Killing Man With Juju At His Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
AntiChristian:

No BP!

It's evident you are telling lies sir!

Are you married?
Are you a son of your in-laws due to marriage? smiley
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
AntiChristian:

This is a lie! Never was that stated in that Luke verse

Jesus Himself was about thirty years old when He began His ministry. He (Jesus) was regarded as the son of Joseph, the son of Heli, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph Luke 3:23-24
The authors of the Gospels were jews and so felt to follow Jewish traditions when penning down his genealogy. However, in the same Gospels, we already learn that His birth did not follow Jewish tradition in any way for form. It was instead to be drawn from his mother's tree. undecided
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The authors of the Gospels were jews and so felt to follow Jewish traditions when penning down his genealogy. However, in the same Gospels, we already learn that His birth did not follow Jewish tradition in any way or fòrm. undecided

So Jesus had not biological father, why does the Bible give him two different genealogy to a fatherless man just to hook him up to David?
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Are you married?
Yes.

Are you a son of your in-laws due to marriage? smiley

I am a son to my father only!

Son-in-law has no blood relations...
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
AntiChristian:

Yes.
I am a son to my father only!

Son-in-law has no blood relations...

Please don't lie Mr AntiChristian!
I was once a Muslim too and during all the weddings i've been attending those delivering the speech always tell the bride and groom in Islam that they're now sons and daughters of both families.
TRUE of FALSE! smiley
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
AntiChristian:
So Jesus had not biological father, [b]why does the Bible give him two different genealogy to a fatherless man just to hook him up to David?[/b]
Again....The authors of the Gospels were jews and so felt to follow Jewish traditions when penning down his genealogy. However, in the same Gospels, we already learn that His birth did not follow Jewish tradition in any way for form. It was instead to be drawn from his mother's tree. undecided

Why he has two genealogies.... probably the birth registries as at that time did not have the most accurate of records. That could explain why both men got different treesundecided
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by cornelboy(f): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
Jesus did that in the Bible. He answered question with question.

King David had how many sons?

AntiChristian:

Questions are not to be answered with Questions in a sane society!

Where did Matthew state that?

And how come two different genealogy and only Joseph and David is same while others are different?
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
cornelboy:
Jesus did that in the Bible. He answered question with question.

King David had how many sons?

And you are not Jesus? Except if you wish to die on the cross abi na stake being killed by the government.
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by cornelboy(f): 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
AntiChristian:

And you are not Jesus? Except if you wish to die on the cross abi na stake being killed by the government.

I need to die on stake before i obey his commandments and follow his perfect lifestyle smiley
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Mar 02, 2022
cornelboy:

I need to die on stake before i obey his commandments and follow his perfect lifestyle smiley

You said Jesus answered question with question. And i ask if you can die like Jesus!

This your response no follow at all!
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by cornelboy(f): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2022
AntiChristian:

You said Jesus answered question with question. And i ask if you can die like Jesus!

This your response no follow at all!

We are saying the same thing.
Must i die on a stake before doing what he did?
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Mar 02, 2022
cornelboy:

We are saying the same thing.
Must i die on a stake before doing what he did?

Yes, you should either follow him in everything than chose whatever suits your whims! When you can't answer a question then you use style to divert the question away.
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by cornelboy(f): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2022
Jesus'sacrificial death is very significant and it's for all mankind.
If i die no one will remember me.

I was testing your knowledge on the Bible.
Are both Nathan and Solomon the sons of David?
If you don't answer my question, there's no way you could understand my answer to your question.

AntiChristian:

Yes, you should either follow him in everything than chose whatever suits your whims! When you can't answer a question then you use style to divert the question away.
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2022
cornelboy:
Jesus'sacrificial death is very significant and it's for all mankind.
If i die no one will remember me.

Jesus will die for himself just as everyone dies for themselves.

I was testing your knowledge on the Bible.
Are both Nathan and Solomon the sons of David?
If you don't answer my question, there's no way you could understand my answer to your question.

Yes they are both sons of David.
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by cornelboy(f): 10:48am On Mar 02, 2022
Eventually everyone will die. People that had died didn't die for themselves. They died because of Adam disobedience to Jehovah God.
Man was initially created to live forever on earth and multiply on it and dominate it forever.
Jehovah God sent Jesus to restore that perfect in the garden of Eden by laying down his life.
Only those who believe in Jehovah and His Messiah and follow their commandments will have eternal life on earth!

Note; Jesus knew his purpose all along even before he was born. Unlike Mohammed that was going from cave to cave before some God 'jam' him.
AntiChristian:

Jesus will die for himself just as everyone dies for themselves.

Yes they are both sons of David.
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 11:24am On Mar 02, 2022
cornelboy:
Eventually everyone will die. People that had died didn't die for themselves. They died because of Adam disobedience to Jehovah God.
Adam disobeyed God and will answer for his disobedience alone. His sin was not transferred to me. Sin is not hereditary!

Man was initially created to live forever on earth and multiply on it and dominate it forever.
That mean God never had a plan when he created man. Or did His plan failed?

Jehovah God sent Jesus to restore that perfect in the garden of Eden by laying down his life.
Jesus was no more than a Prophet. Many Prophet came before him. God won't support human rituals.

Only those who believe in Jehovah and His Messiah and follow their commandments will have eternal life on earth!
This even has no basis in the Bible you carry about. Where did Jesus ever say this?

Note; Jesus knew his purpose all along even before he was born. Unlike Mohammed that was going from cave to cave before some God 'jam' him.
So where is the proof for these? Same Jesus that was asked about the hour that said he does not know it.
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by cornelboy(f): 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2022
Adam disobeyed God and will answer for his disobedience alone. His sin was not transferred to me. Sin is not hereditary!

God intention was not to create us and then die but to live forever.
But through Adam's sin mankind inherited death.

That mean God never had a plan when he created man. Or did His plan failed?
That means that Jehovah God had plans for us but man himself failed and God still has plans for us, that's why Jesus was sent and he's still coming back.

Jesus was no more than a Prophet. Many Prophet came before him. God won't support human rituals.
Jesus is more than a prophet. Most prophet even testify of him.
God is against human rituals.

This even has no basis in the Bible you carry about. Where did Jesus ever say this?

It's all there

So where is the proof for these? Same Jesus that was asked about the hour that said he does not know it.
Yeah he said that he doesn't know the hour, only his Father in heaven knows.
He also said he was with before the foundation of the world.
AntiChristian:

Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 8:52am On Mar 03, 2022
cornelboy:

God intention was not to create us and then die but to live forever.
But through Adam's sin mankind inherited death.
Are you saying God made a mistake or His plan failed?

That means that Jehovah God had plans for us but man himself failed and God still has plans for us, that's why Jesus was sent and he's still coming back.
Was this why God regretted in the Bible?

Jesus is more than a prophet. Most prophet even testify of him.
God is against human rituals.
He is a messenger and Prophet. Which Prophet testify of him by his name?
If God sent his son to die for humans then he's supporting rituals.

It's all there
Show us.

Yeah he said that he doesn't know the hour, only his Father in heaven knows.
He also said he was with before the foundation of the world.

That means his knowledge is limited. So he is not divine but human.
Where did he said he was with before the foundation of the world?
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by cornelboy(f): 8:23am On Mar 04, 2022
Are you saying God made a mistake or His plan failed?

The God of Israel warned Man that if he eats of the fruit of the tree, he will die instead of dominating the earth forever. We are not robots or programmed. We humans have free will.
It's Man that failed and God will do everything to restore earth to it original purpose.
Jesus came so that we could have eternal life and also the perfect life Adam lost.

He's coming back in his glory to fulfill God's will for earth.

Was this why God regretted in the Bible?
If you knew God regretted Bible, you should also know why He did.

He is a messenger and Prophet. Which Prophet testify of him by his name?
If God sent his son to die for humans then he's supporting rituals.

The name was given to Jesus right before he was conceived. No prophets knew his name. But all their prophecies point to him.

You should know that from the story of Abraham and his son Isaac. Moses recieved instructions on how to carry out animal sacrifice for forgiveness of sin and all that.

That means his knowledge is limited. So he is not divine but human.
Where did he said he was with before the foundation of the world?

Is Gabriel that supposedly revealed the Koran to Mohammed human or divine?

Many verses in the bible explicitly say that he had a preexistence and was even with God from the beginning before the universe was made.

Did he know everything Allah know?
AntiChristian:

Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 3:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
cornelboy:

The God of Israel warned Man that if he eats of the fruit of the tree, he will die instead of dominating the earth forever. We are not robots or programmed. We humans have free will.
It's Man that failed and God will do everything to restore earth to it original purpose.
Jesus came so that we could have eternal life and also the perfect life Adam lost.

God warned Adam not "Man". "Man" is different from Adam. Adam sinned and faced the consequences of his actions on his own.
Jesus too was human and will be questioned on the last day by his Lord too.

He's coming back in his glory to fulfill God's will for earth.
Yeah, he's coming back to Judge you deviants!

If you knew God regretted Bible, you should also know why He did.
My own God is above regretting. It is only someone who makes mistakes in his works that regrets. How can God who knows everything regret? Does that even make any sense?

The name was given to Jesus right before he was conceived. No prophets knew his name. But all their prophecies point to him.
The Prophecy mentions that he would be called Immanuel but he was called Jesus. Prophecy dey lie?

You should know that from the story of Abraham and his son Isaac. Moses recieved instructions on how to carry out animal sacrifice for forgiveness of sin and all that.
You mean Jehovah specifically told Moses to kill cattle for sins to be forgiven?

Is Gabriel that supposedly revealed the Koran to Mohammed human or divine?
Angels are not human.

Many verses in the bible explicitly say that he had a preexistence and was even with God from the beginning before the universe was made.
Which verses states exactly this?

Did he know everything Allah know?
No one know all things except Allah, our creator, the Cherisher and Sustainer of all things that exists.
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2022
AntiChristian:

Not trying to hold brief for the one you are debating there but who exactly will question Jesus Christ on this "last day" you speak of? undecided

Please walk us through the events of this "last day" you speak of so we understand at what point Jesus is to be questioned and by whom. undecided
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 4:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Not trying to hold brief for the one you are debating there but who exactly will question Jesus Christ on this last day you speak of? undecided

The one he called his Lord and God.
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2022
AntiChristian:

The one he called his Lord and God.
Please walk us through the events of this "last day" you speak of so we understand at what point Jesus is to be questioned and by whom and why? undecided
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please walk us through the events of this "last day" you speak of so we understand at what point Jesus is to be questioned and by whom. undecided

Shebi you believe your Jesus said "Eli Eli lama Sabachthani"

It is that same Eli that will question him on the last day!
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2022
AntiChristian:

Why would God want to question Jesus Christ though? I mean why do you assume Jesus Christ will be questioned by God? undecided

Also, my request again was please walk us through the events of this "last day" you speak of so we understand at what point Jesus is to be questioned and by whom and why? There is no scripture to your claim and rightly so, hence the reason why I ask that you regale us with the details of your claim. undecided
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why would God want to question Jesus Christ though? I mean why do you assume Jesus Christ will be questioned by God? undecided

Also, my request again was please walk us through the events of this "last day" you speak of so we understand at what point Jesus is to be questioned and by whom and why? There is no scripture to your claim and rightly so, hence the reason why I ask that you regale us with the details of your claim. undecided

Our Scripture says so in Qur'an 5 !

116. And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): “O ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: ‘Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?’ ” He will say: “Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

117. “Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: ‘Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

118. “If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise .”

119. Allah will say: “This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) – they shall abide therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
AntiChristian:
Our Scripture says so in Qur'an 5 !

116. And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): “O ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: ‘Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?’ ” He will say: “Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

117. “Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: ‘Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

118. “If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise .”

119. Allah will say: “This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) – they shall abide therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).
Interesting! So, this is instead a day your Allah, and not the God of Christians, questions Jesus Christ? undecided

I am curious, why would Allah need to ask Jesus that question at all,this since it is indicated that Allah is Watcher over them? undecided

The God of the Christians has absolutely no cause to question Jesus Christ and this because Jesus Christ is the embodiment of the very Words out of His Mouth. So every Word Spoken by Jesus Christ came out of God's own Mouth and so it would make no sense that He would have need to question Jesus Christ in any way or form. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ is God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God meaning it is by the same Law set up by Jesus Christ that those who will be judged will continue to abide even after judgement. Questioning Jesus Christ would only serve as indication that His Law is not as perfect as He had promised it would be. undecided
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by cornelboy(f): 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
God warned Adam not "Man". "Man" is different from Adam. Adam sinned and faced the consequences of his actions on his own.

When i mentioned Man [capitalized] i meant Adam.
We dont need to drag this, just stay on what is on your Koran.

Jesus had a preexistence, he was an angel before coming to the world as a man through miraculous birth and he ascended to heaven after death and resurrection to be the King of God's kingdom.

Yeah we are deviant because we are the ones following his commandments and teachings and emulating him. Use common sense.

My own God is above regretting. It is only someone who makes mistakes in his works that regrets. How can God who knows everything regret? Does that even make any sense?

Hmm....do you really think your god is above mistakes?
Why did he command you to show kindness to your parents no matter what in some verses and said the direct opposite in other verses?

Man brought evil upon himself. The blame is on Man not God.

Or did your perfect and all wise God create human beings to be full of evil, fight wars, die, sick, suffer and oppress one another?

The Prophecy mentions that he would be called Immanuel but he was called Jesus. Prophecy dey lie?
Another prophecy said he will be called mighty God, everlasting Father, prince of peace, wonderful counsellor.
Just say it if you wanna learn.

You mean Jehovah specifically told Moses to kill cattle for sins to be forgiven?
It's all there in the book of Leviticus.

Angels are not human.
Jesus was an angel.
He's currently in heaven.
Your Mohammed has rotten in his grave.

Which verses states exactly this?
From the Koran or the bible?

No one know all things except Allah, our creator, the Cherisher and Sustainer of all things that exists
Your god is an imagination of Mohammed
AntiChristian:

Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by GreatAxeMan: 11:04pm On Mar 04, 2022
Just out of curiosity, whose word is to be trusted in revelation of Divine Truth?

Is it a confirmed liar, or is it someone who NEVER sinned?

[img]https://images./4OOXDbfqCHPeTkYvfShTCz.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./1vDf3at6HEzK2aEdfCpQKj.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:

Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 8:33am On Mar 05, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Just out of curiosity, whose word is to be trusted in revelation of Divine Truth?

Is it a confirmed liar, or is it someone who NEVER sinned?

[img]https://images./4OOXDbfqCHPeTkYvfShTCz.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./1vDf3at6HEzK2aEdfCpQKj.jpg[/img]

Hypocrisy is when you accepted the above about Jesus and reject that Jesus is the servant of Allah from the meaning and Tafsir of Qur'an 19:30.

Allah made Jesus as He willed. That does not mean he is God.
And that does not remove the fact that he will be questioned on the last day....
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by GreatAxeMan: 11:01am On Mar 05, 2022
Firstly, the doctrine of Jesus being sinless and morally superior is a 100% Christian belief which your illiterate prophet copied without knowing its significance;

[img]https://images./6A5vdzs1sZYHNpEC3xVKK.jpg[/img]

Secondly, even if Jesus is "just a servant" He is obviously a morally superior servant to a servant like MADhaMAd who confessed with his own tongue in the same tafsir Al Tabari that he was a liar and fabricator!

[img]https://images./345ycSnVGVjYzSjn0ntpSr.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:

Hypocrisy is when you accepted the above about Jesus and reject that Jesus is the servant of Allah from the meaning and Tafsir of Qur'an 19:30.

Allah made Jesus as He willed. That does not mean he is God.
And that does not remove the fact that he will be questioned on the last day....
Re: A Fatherless Man With Two Completely Different Genealogy by AntiChristian: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2022
cornelboy:

When i mentioned Man [capitalized] i meant Adam.
We dont need to drag this, just stay on what is on your Koran.

Of cos i am staying on my Qur'an. The first man is Adam. Man is not Adam. Adam has his sins. This is not hereditary!

Jesus had a preexistence, he was an angel before coming to the world as a man through miraculous birth and he ascended to heaven after death and resurrection to be the King of God's kingdom.
Angels are different from humans. No Angel will ever come as human.
The Bible as it is today never said so in any clear verse.

Yeah we are deviant because we are the ones following his commandments and teachings and emulating him. Use common sense.
Common senses shows that Jesus was never a witness.

Hmm....do you really think your god is above mistakes?
God never makes mistakes. To err is human.
Why did he command you to show kindness to your parents no matter what in some verses and said the direct opposite in other verses?
How many times will i have to explain this? It seems you dey forget things!

Man brought evil upon himself. The blame is on Man not God.
Was Jehovah aware that man will bring that evil? If He was then why regret?

Or did your perfect and all wise God create human beings to be full of evil, fight wars, die, sick, suffer and oppress one another?
Wars are not only available in Islam. It is clear that USA, Russia, Israel and others didn't fight as Muslims. Israel has been killing Palestinians for over 70 years with Biblical justification.

Another prophecy said he will be called mighty God, everlasting Father, prince of peace, wonderful counsellor.
Just say it if you wanna learn.
Who ever called Jesus Mighty God before he left the world?

It's all there in the book of Leviticus.
Quote the verse

Jesus was an angel.
He's currently in heaven.
Your Mohammed has rotten in his grave.

Can you show me where Jesus is now? I mean can we visit him right now? Both of them are not available to us physically. In essence, they are both dead to this world.

From the Koran or the bible?
Bible

Your god is an imagination of Mohammed
Is yours an imagination too? Cos the Lord of Moses, Abraham and Jesus is our Lord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Satan Genuinely Evil? / Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer / Firstfruit Or Tithe? Which One Takes Priority?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.