Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. (4386 Views)

This Also Happens In America (pictured) / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Best Country In Europe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
What do u have to say after taking a look at this pictures from napoli in italy.So its not only africa that has such problems too .

Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2011
more pics

Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2011
more

Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2011
more

Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2011
more

Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2011
i need ur opinions guys. common!
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
very simple: thats what happens when the rubbish collectors go on strike. a few days later when their issues has been resolved, these same streets will be clean and fresh.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by fuqua: 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
Its beautiful. I guess its in vogue now! grin
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
keep it coming.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by claremont(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

very simple: thats what happens when the rubbish collectors go on strike. a few days later when their issues has been resolved, these same streets will be clean and fresh.
Exactly on point. The difference is that in some places in Nigeria, whether they are on strike or not, the thrash struggles with human beings for right of way grin grin grin
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 10:07pm On Jun 26, 2011
well in this case the refuse collectors are not on strike . The area is being controlled by the " CAMORAS" an italian mafian group in the south of the country so the govt is a little helpless the problem is so serious now that even the european commision is giving the italian govt . heat.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by snowdrops(m): 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2011
@ OP

When were these pictures taken? If it is when i think it was, it must be at least 2 years. An earlier poster was right. There was a strike action at the time and also the mafia issue happened coincidentally.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by osamaboko(m): 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^^^^this are current pictures if u know any one in naples italy just call them and ask or try to watch euronews to see whats happening in naples or go online and search for italian newspapers and see for urself.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by snowdrops(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2011
In that case, its all news to me and i retract the earlier comment.

@ Topic

Those pile of rubbish are horrible. Italy can pass for a somalia.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by dustydee: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2011
Yea!I heard Napoli is very dirty. When my wife went there she was shocked and the Italian in the group said "this is our Africa" she felt so bad.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by DBestDoc(f): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2011
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
One observation i made-------------------Dirts were packaged in Bags(Can be easily cleared)Not as bad as dumping them bare.bad all d same
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by boy1(m): 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2011
Advanced Africa . Europe get grade.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2011
if anyone believes that this is how these cities NORMALLY look like then you lot have definitely lost the plot.
as i repeat, there is a huge difference between a city who look like this ALL THE TIME and one that look like this because of strikes or whatever that stop the rubbish men from picking up the garbage.

y'all look at the 5th pic, all the rubbish is nicely packed ready to be picked up whenever the strike will end AND everything else around it is CLEAN.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by poweredcom(m): 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2011
May be the dustbin people that carry dirts are on strike so, dat is why the trash are littered on the streets, ok AFRICA IS WORST
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by DisGuy: 12:41am On Jun 29, 2011
Not a single pothole, and look at the street light and road signs- not a single graffiti
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 29, 2011
osama boko:

^^^^^this are current pictures if u know any one in naples italy just call them and ask or try to watch euronews to see whats happening in naples or go online and search for italian newspapers and see for urself.

the above in bold is a damn lie, these are mostly pics from the earlier garbage strike (no need to lie to try to make a silly point). the strike has been going on for a while because they simply dont have a place to put the garbage in. the landfills are full and when this happens (quite often unfortunately), the garbage men simply close the doors (aka strike). . . . . . . it started in 2007 and they still havent found a solution BUT that is not how Napoli normally looks like.

the only pic that is of this yr (2011), is the one before last where a woman is holding her mouth while walking past a pile of garbage.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by iice(f): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2011
Dis Guy:

Not a single pothole, and look at the street light and road signs- not a single graffiti

Lool grin

Anyway. . .not as if they'd wait for it fully decompose on the street.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by honeric01(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

the above in bold is a damn lie, these are mostly pics from the earlier garbage strike (no need to lie to try to make a silly point). the strike has been going on for a while because they simply dont have a place to put the garbage in. the landfills are full and when this happens (quite often unfortunately), the garbage men simply close the doors (aka strike). . . . . . . it started in 2007 and they still havent found a solution BUT that is not how Napoli normally looks like.

the only pic that is of this yr (2011), is the one before last where a woman is holding her mouth while walking past a pile of garbage.

Do you live in Naples or can you show us where else these pictures you called lies were previously showed?

Give the poster the benefit of doubt until you can show proofs that he's lying.
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2011
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by honeric01(m): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2011
http://www.tropicpost.com/naples-residents-under-huge-health-risk/

Last picture :May 2011

http://www.ilmediano.it/aspx/visArticolo.aspx?id=12104

6th picture: Also May 2011

http://www.ask.com/wiki/History_of_the_Italian_Republic

5th picture : Jan 2008

http://www.theroadtothehorizon.org/2008/06/news-military-takes-over-naples-garbage.html

3rd picture: June 2008

http://tomlucier./tag/garbage/

1st picture : december 2007

http://infranetlab.org/blog/2008/07/vortices-heaps-and-enzymes/

4th picture : July 2008

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,3053681,00.html
8th picture : November 2008

http://www.worldsbestinformation.org/2010/09/10-filthiest-cities.html

2nd picure : september 2010

After proper investigation, i have come to see that only 1 of the above pictures is linked to the "strike" you spoke about, the rest are down to bad management of waste products in that part of Italy, it can't be excused, it's a failure from their government. that's what it comes down to.

Final thought on this : Still better than our own waste management sha, but we are not comparing here. cool
Re: Even Shit Happens In Europe Too. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2011
honeric01:

http://www.ilmediano.it/aspx/visArticolo.aspx?id=12104

6th picture: Also May 2011

you mean January 2011

After proper investigation, i have come to see that only 1 of the above pictures is linked to the "strike" you spoke about, the rest are down to bad management of waste products in that part of Italy, it can't be excused, it's a failure from their government. that's what it comes down to.

Final thought on this : Still better than our own waste management sha, but we are not comparing here. cool

from the get go, the strike was about poor waste management. the landfills were full and the garbage collectors couldn't dispose any more solid waste so they stop picking it THUS what the residents called a strike BUT it was simply that they had nowhere to put the garbage in since the landfills were overfilled. . . . . . sadly, its the same thing that is happening up till today.

(1) (Reply)

Three Professional Wrestlers Lost To A Two Years Old Lioness In Tug-Of-War(Photo / Which State Is The Easiest To Get My International Passport Renewed? / How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.