Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal (23360 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by VanuatuWycombe: 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Owo ti fe e tan.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Feelings79: 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
your tithes to GOD is different from the money u give to the poor, obedient is better than sacrifice.
Tithe itself was meant for "the poor,the strangers in the city, the widows"...

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
let your life style avertise your faith, not using this platform
Lol! Says who? A bloody hypocrite who thinks he's better than me.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by wirinet(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
cutieBR:
If you go through my post i said "whatever works for you do it" . You and billions of people don't pay tithe and it works for you, I'm not disputing that fact. Whereas paying of tithe works for me simple. EOD!

I am glad paying tithes works for you. What about paying your taxes? Does paying your taxes also not work for you? Or are you a criminal as defined by pastor David Ibiyeomie?
After all Jesus was recorded to have paid tax, and he specifically instructed "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's".
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by larrypappyy(m): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
All of you abusing the pastor lack spiritual understanding. One thing that is certain about tithe is that if you dont pay ur tithe to GOD, the devil will collect it from you with force.
Who did Jesus pay tithe to or should I say 'did Jesus pay tithe' and why?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Brian47(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ppl wey dey pay tithe don dey decline for him church grin grin

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Cvesta(m): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2022
Who did I steal from?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by GardenOfGod(m): 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
Grandmeister:

I can bet you don’t know the Bible more than I do. But I won’t use it as a bragging point. You conveniently become non Jewish when a part of the Bible is to your taste and become Jewish when it doesn’t. When it comes to tithes you become non Jewish. When it comes to Lent, sabbath day, Passover feast etc you become Jewish. Very funny .
Diverting from the issue at hand... How pathetic.
Show your understanding of the Bible as your pastor taught you.... Answer the questions I put forward to you and stop being childish.
GardenOfGod:

Jesus is our High Priest..

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus Heb. 3:1

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. Heb. 4:14

Young man do you know the relationship between a high priest and tithe in the Bible?

Go and research your Bible and stop being a blind follower!
That's my question.... Tell us the relationship between a High Priest and tithe.
Simple.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by larrypappyy(m): 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2022
Jesus talked about important things and was silent on less important things. He talked about paying your tax and it was even recorded that he paid his tax but it was never recorded that he paid tithe. He asked us to give but never asked that we pay tithe. Christians are to teach helping the poor,giving,loving and Jesus as the way.

1 Like

Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by GardenOfGod(m): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
Yu have been taught properly...
larrypappyy:
Jesus talked about important things and was silent on less important things. He talked about paying your tax and it was even recorded that he paid his tax but it was never recorded that he paid tithe. He asked us to give but never asked that we pay tithe. Christians are to teach helping the poor,giving,loving and Jesus as the way.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:

Lol! Says who? A bloody hypocrite who thinks he's better than me.
see some one advertising Christianity using the word 'bloddy'
Lolllllll. Bro u and your OFM are the bloody hypocrites
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by gudugudumeje: 12:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
In who is God represented? He, the pastor or, the people and their well-being to the glory of God Almighty? And to whom the supreme and the Supremacy belong to... God as so found in the people not man is what proves pastors wrong, selfish and foolish. "In the land..." is a philosophy he & his colleagues are not learned in... Or, we are in a theocracy the church has fo force on the people? Foolish sermons...
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
see some one advertising Christianity using the word 'bloddy'
Lolllllll. Bro u and your OFM are the bloody hypocrites
Lol! Cry baby,keep crying.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Panda7(m): 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Grandmeister(m): 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
GardenOfGod:

Diverting from the issue at hand... How pathetic.
Show your understanding of the Bible as your pastor taught you.... Answer the questions I put forward to you and stop being childish.

That's my question.... Tell us the relationship between a High Priest and tithe.
Simple.
When you’re called out on your beliefs you become rude and antagonistic just like the Pharisees. Who doesn’t know the relationship between the levites and the tithing commandment in the Jewish tradition and culture? Did Christ pay tithes and taxes or not?? That is MY question. You claim to follow Christ but when it comes to tithing you remember you’re not Jewish. Christ NEVER condemned tithing.

This is what 1st Corinthians 9:13 says

1 Corinthians 9:13 Don’t you realize that those who work in the temple get their meals from the offerings brought to the temple? And those who serve at the altar get a share of the sacrificial offerings.…

Now tell me o wise one what was also said about the levites serving in the temple?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by preciousmetals: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
Thief, come a collect, who make you judge, criminal
benjackugo:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaPpZGjNWJb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by GardenOfGod(m): 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
Grandmeister:

[s]When you’re called out on your beliefs you become rude and antagonistic just like the Pharisees.[/s]

Who doesn’t know the relationship between the levites and the tithing commandment in the Jewish tradition and culture?

Did Christ pay tithes and taxes or not
?? That is MY question. You claim to follow Christ but when it comes to tithing you remember you’re not Jewish. Christ NEVER condemned tithing.

This is what 1st Corinthians 9:13 says

1 Corinthians 9:13 Don’t you realize that those who work in the temple get their meals from the offerings brought to the temple? And those who serve at the altar get a share of the sacrificial offerings.…

Now tell me o wise one what was also said about the levites serving in the temple?
You are beating around the bush...
It is recorded in the scriptures that Christ paid tax but did he pay tithe? you answer that.

Again please tell me what the Bible teaches about High Priest and Tithe.
Don't try again to play smart!
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by samfrancis1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
E be like say this tithe subject(course) deh for curriculum o, cause the way this guys preach a lot about that, like all time…. No be expo be this…. Abi na tithe payment them one use enter heaven this time?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Grandmeister(m): 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2022
GardenOfGod:

You are beating around the bush...
It is recorded in the scriptures that Christ paid tax but did he pay tithe? you answer that.

Again please tell me what the Bible teaches about High Priest and Tithe.
Don't try again to play smart!
You’re very funny. Because it wasn’t recorded that an upstanding Jewish man didn’t pay his tithes meant he didn’t? Who is being childish now?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by mideactive: 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
your tithes to GOD is different from the money u give to the poor, obedient is better than sacrifice.
Sorry to say sir,you are very ignorant.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by genkins(m): 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
Grandmeister:

I can bet you don’t know the Bible more than I do. But I won’t use it as a bragging point. You conveniently become non Jewish when a part of the Bible is to your taste and become Jewish when it doesn’t. When it comes to tithes you become non Jewish. When it comes to Lent, sabbath day, Passover feast etc you become Jewish. Very funny .
True Christians don't observe Sabbath, lent etc
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by samfrancis1(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
Grandmeister:

When you’re called out on your beliefs you become rude and antagonistic just like the Pharisees. Who doesn’t know the relationship between the levites and the tithing commandment in the Jewish tradition and culture? Did Christ pay tithes and taxes or not?? That is MY question. You claim to follow Christ but when it comes to tithing you remember you’re not Jewish. Christ NEVER condemned tithing.

This is what 1st Corinthians 9:13 says From my understanding this very passage

This is my understanding about this bible passage you quoted, it says those who work in the house of the Lord, these are people whose job remains in the church, not the type we have today combining Lords work with another
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Grandmeister(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
genkins:

True Christians don't observe Sabbath, lent etc
So you’re a truer christain than apostle Peter and James and John? They were Christians and practiced some of the Jewish religious traditions.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by GardenOfGod(m): 1:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
Grandmeister:

You’re very funny. Because it wasn’t recorded that an upstanding Jewish man didn’t pay his tithes meant he didn’t? Who is being childish now?
Because it wasn’t recorded is your final answer? grin
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Grandmeister(m): 1:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
samfrancis1:

This is my understanding about this bible passage you quoted, it says those who work in the house of the Lord, these are people whose job remains in the church, not the type we have today combining Lords work with another
So are you saying that there no workers in the church who solely depend on the church for their daily bread? You know that they exist in their numbers. So pray tell, how will the money for their daily bread be gotten? You see why it is tricky to choose a part of the Bible and refuse the other part?
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Grandmeister(m): 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Because it wasn’t recorded is your final answer? grin
Let’s play the game then..Christ wasn’t recorded having a bath means he never did…he wasn’t recorded taking a dump means he never did? Was it recorded he even farted? You see how infantile it sounds? Saying that a Jewish rabbi didn’t observe the law because it wasn’t recorded. His recorded actions and words are not even up to 6 months of a lifetime and he lived for over 30 years.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by RayRay06677(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
read ur bible well

You that reads bible, where? Only time He mentioned tithe, He compared it to weightier things, in comparism, when one is weightier, it means the other is lighter, so therefore, tithe is lesser thing and inconsequential in the scheme. Follow Christ and be save-Bishop (Obong) G.O.D. Akpan is the Bishop, Chapel of Corrections, correcting the errors of the miseducation the antichrist are spreading.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by kayjay69(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
No value and even worse, no accountability. If you ask him, he will tell you he is accountable to God, who would'nt want to have such a job.

My take on this tithe issue is simple, anyone who wants to pay should pay, those who don't want to pay should not pay. When you use the bible to threaten people or you use the preaching platform as a bullying pulpit, in my view you have gone beyond your mandate as a Pastor.

There are way more serious issues in the world today than for Pastors to be worried about non-tithers and it is only in Nigeria and Africa you see this type of nonsense, in more saner climes the pastors know better than to spout this type of rubbish.
Enyimbamercedes:
If you demand 10% of an individual’s salary without providing anything of value other than threats of damnation, you are a criminal!
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by RayRay06677(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
phorget:

Non! But tithe still remain a big scam by your fake pastors. Ask your pastor to tell you the genesis of tithing please. Your pastor will never quote from the new testament regarding tithes but will be quick to quote Malachi. Your pastor should get himself a job so he would stop expecting people to bring in tithe before he can feed himself.

Let him know the Malachi they quote to rob us and God was actually referring to them (priest) and not the originator of the tithe. They stole tithe of tithe, you can't steal your property but can steal money given to you in trust to remit to another. That, the pastors still steals today. Read the malachi yourself and slap any man that says you are stealing your money-Bishop of the chapel of Corrections, we must be free.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by yeshuasfootstep(m): 2:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
Says a thief. Oga, since you people don't want to repent after 2019 disgrace. Elohim is bringing a bigger disgrace.

Tell people the truth that worship of God is personal and stop flooding the earth with blood in the name of organised religion.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by Yomiie: 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
Grandmeister:

Buy Christ was a Jew and practiced all the Jewish traditions. Are you no longer a follower of Christ?
. When jesus was still alive, he practice jews law, his parents even sacrifice two turtle doves according to the jews tradition when he was born... Jesus was born under the law galatians 4:4... But when jesus died, he nailed those laws on the across when he said it is finish, he has come to fulfil the law, now we are under grace not under the law roman 6:14.
Re: David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal by GardenOfGod(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin grin grin You are hit very hard... The question really hit you hard.
Grandmeister:

Let’s play the game then..Christ wasn’t recorded having a bath means he never did…he wasn’t recorded taking a dump means he never did? Was it recorded he even farted? You see how infantile it sounds? Saying that a Jewish rabbi didn’t observe the law because it wasn’t recorded. His recorded actions and words are not even up to 6 months of a lifetime and he lived for over 30 years.
Now we are communicating.... Let me position your reasoning in a saner perspective.

I am surprised that all the things you mentioned Christ did were never PART of his mission...

Was Jesus sent to the earth just to bath or taking a dump or farted
Absolutely NOT! That's why those things were never recorded. Are you satisfied? grin

And may you know that he said this to establish his mission...
What did he say he came to do?
"I came to do the WILL OF MY FATHER"

What is the will of the Father?

2Jhn.1:9 "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son"

What did Paul say concerning Christians and Christ?
1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ
Paul and the rest of the Apostles followed the example of Christ by NOT PAYING TITHE AND NON OF THEM EVER TAUGHT ANY CHRISTIAN TO PAY TITHE.

Again I ask you to tell us the relationship between High Priest and tithe in the old testament.
I want you to learn your scripture like Timothy did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence / Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor / Happy Birthday Rev. Anita Oyakhilome!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.