Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw (4633 Views)

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments / Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP / Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by SaintBishop: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2022
EastisBae:

Load of rubbish!

You can say whatever nonsense you like after drinking ogogoro but it can't change hard facts on ground. ijaws will never achieve 1% of what Igbos have already achieved till the end of time!

Now consider these facts below:
1. Igbos have produced the Commonwealth secretary general.
2. Igbo Amazon is currently the president of IMF, first black, African and woman to do so in history!
3. Igbo man is currently leading International criminal court, ICJ.
4. The most prosperous indigenous car marker to emerge from Africa is an Igbo brand, Innoson!
5. One of the most successful gospel artist in the world, and the best from Africa is an Igbo lady, Sinach!
6. One of the most popular song in world, and by far the most popular to come from Africa is Love Nwantiti by an Igbo musician called Ckay.
7. Nollywood is the 3rd most prolific movie industry in the world, behind America's Hollywood and India's Bollywood, and Igbos are the major players in it.
8. Africa's most celebrated writer, Chinua Achebe is Igbo and lots of others in contemporary times like Chimamanda are also Igbos.
9. In sports: Super Eagles and Super Falcons, as well as the cadet teams are overwhelmingly dominated by Igbos! Same goes for our basket ball teams both male and females that are currently dominating Africa!
10. In commerce, Igbos not only dominate in Nigeria but the entire West coast and parts of SSA.
11. In industry, aside Dangote, Igbos dominate indigenous manufacturing.
12. Most of the consumer goods used in Nigeria such as shoes, bags, cloths etc. are produced in Aba, an Igbo city.
13. In transportation, aside haulage that is dominated by Hausas, the rest such as air transportation and road are dominated by Igbos.
14. In education, Igbos are the most successful in Nigeria.
15. Even in politics you're making noise, Igbos aren't doing badly.

When Azikiwe was the president of Nigeria, ijaws were still in their diapers. When Alex Ekwueme was the Vice president, where were the Ijaws? When Michael Okpara, Akanu Ibiam and Odimegwu Ojukwu were ruling the East, including the entire ijawland, where were ijaws?

Because an accidental president like Jonathan who emerged 100% based on luck, you think you're now mates with Igbos? If a fearless Igbo woman, the late Dora Akunyili did not move the motion for implementation of doctrine of necessity, would timid Jonathan ever have the courage to become president?

An inconsequential minority wants to challenge those that are far above and beyond them! Currently, there are 7 Igbo speaking governors in Nigeria today, is there any other ethnic group that has up to that except maybe Fulanis? You ijaws can only produce the governor of the smallest state in Nigeria, the 8 local government Bayelsa cheesy cheesy

Even in Delta, you're begging the governor, an Igbo man to handover to ijaws but it would never happen because Urhobos and Itshekiri would never allow it since they know how dangerous it is to allow an ijaw man rule Delta. Even an isoko man has a higher chance of becoming governor there than ijaws. You claim to be indigenous to Ondo, Edo, Rivers, Akwa Ibom etc. Can ijaws become governors there? Same way you're begging in Delta is how you're begging in Rivers yet nothing!

Even the oil that is found in your villages, it is the big boys like Fulanis, Igbos and Yorubas that run the show! These ethnic groups don't just own the oil blocks, they also dominate the staff and management of NNPC and the IOC's while ijaws are employed to work as gatemen and pipeline guards grin grin Now who are the slaves and who are the masters grin grin

After stating all these irrefutable facts here, another inferiority complex dude will say it's chest beating.

I repeat, ijaws are never our mates in anything! Una too small and never reach abeg.
You want to cry? Let me give you tissue to wipe your prostitutes tears? grin

4 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by izac82: 11:39am On Feb 24, 2022
Xbobtage:

Watching two nigerian tribes claim superiority is like watching watching two people with down syndrome and each trying to claim they are the smarter one.

Since both Opobo and Bonny share a great deal of igbo and ijaw heritage why cant the people of both towns be allowed to celebrate their hybrid culture and origin. How fair is it for them to completely throw away one...Why try to rewrite their history just so you can say they are ijaws when we all know its not. They can be both Ijaw and igbo and be loved by others, just like the swiss are french and german...Why create an enemy out of igbo people by trying to erase the igbo history of the place.

And to correct you, an igbo friend of mine years ago told me Ama means city centre in igbo language.

I had a short relationship with a Bonny girl two years ago, and when I asked her about what her opinion of what she was is, she said Look Im a rivers girl, and when I said but rivers is not a tribe, she said, I have heard some people say that Bonny is ijaw, but I am from Bonny, not finima or others, calling me Ijaw is not correct, if you dont want to call me a Rivers woman, then call me a Bonny woman. So you see, she didnt accept that she was Ijaw, but she didnt say she was igbo either. I swear on the life of my children that the above bolded sentence is truly what happened. I have also met an Opobo pastor who tried to explain that his people are ndoki people and ndoki are not really igbos and when asked if he was ijaw, he said NO. But he runs an igbo church with only igbo/ikwerre congregation, giving visions in igbo language etc

At OP, why not state your facts without insulting an entire tribe of people, and I can tell you that not all ijaws agree or want a confrontation with igbo people over territorial issues, actually most ijaw people dont want that.
The problem is IYC and their supporters, who are deliberately and desperately trying to erase anything Igbo in the Niger Delta. I don't understand. Igbos have never seen the Ijaws as enemies, but recent events is making it obvious that the Ijaws really want a confrontation with Igbos, by claiming communities deep down Igbo hinterland in the name of Ijaw nationalism. I hope they stop, before this become an issue.

3 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by SaintBishop: 11:43am On Feb 24, 2022
Xbobtage:

My friend keep those insults for the next igbo contributor, I am not an igbo man, am a Rivers Man. I just told you what the truth is, the people in Opobo and Bonny see themselves Rivers People not Ijaw or igbo, Period. I can see you are offended by the peaceful alternative that I was suggesting abi? You just want the people in Bonny and and Opobo to completely deny their igbo grandparents to benefit your shallow divisive politics.

Goodluck!
You are a hardcore Igbo man. By their comments we shall Know them.

5 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Remiel: 11:43am On Feb 24, 2022
SaintBishop:
You are a hardcore Igbo man. By their comments we shall Know them.
Lol

1 Like

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by SaintBishop: 11:47am On Feb 24, 2022
izac82:

The problem is IYC and their supporters, who are deliberately and desperately trying to erase anything Igbo in the Niger Delta. I don't understand. Igbos have never seen the Ijaws as enemies, but recent events is making it obvious that the Ijaws really want a confrontation with Igbos, by claiming communities deep down Igbo hinterland in the name of Ijaw nationalism. I hope they stop, before this become an issue.
Same way you are claiming Okrika, kalabari and co hardcore ijaws lands as your own,even tho the indigenous people of those places don't bear Igbo names or even speak Igbo to begin with. What do you have to say for yourself Jew?

3 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by izac82: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2022
SaintBishop:
Same way you are claiming Okrika, kalabari and co hardcore ijaws lands as your own,even tho the indigenous people of those places don't bear Igbo names or even speak Igbo to begin with. What do you have to say for yourself Jew?
Go and find out who started the claiming first.
Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by RobbStark(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
buzikid49515:

If you say you are from opobo lets meet then bring your ijaw brothers along with you...I will bring my opobo indigenous youth brothers...choose a location let's meet if e sure for you
If you want we can meet at opobo junction ogbor hill anytime any day

Normal noise.
How can I meet you in ABA?? Are you well??
Why don't we meet in Opobo town n see how it goes

1 Like

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by RobbStark(m): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
buzikid49515:

You don't know anything about opobo you are an online agent paid to distort peoples history but the time will eventually come and we will know who is dancing naked..I am from Aba south and I know opobo very well the are my brothers...am never a brother to an ijaw man...ijaw can never claim opobo not while I am alive.

Since my Opobo brothers are close to you in ABA, why not start by asking them who they really are.
Could just tell me some of the names they answer let's see if they are Ibos or Ijaws.
Until then, don't quote me and spew trash
Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by RobbStark(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
buzikid49515:

You don't know anything about opobo you are an online agent paid to distort peoples history but the time will eventually come and we will know who is dancing naked..I am from Aba south and I know opobo very well the are my brothers...am never a brother to an ijaw man...ijaw can never claim opobo not while I am alive.

Since my Opobo brothers are close to you in ABA, why not start by asking them who they really are.
Could you just tell me some of the names they answer let's see if they are Ibos or Ijaws.

1 Like

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by RobbStark(m): 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
Xbobtage:

My friend keep those insults for the next igbo contributor, I am not an igbo man, am a Rivers Man. I just told you what the truth is, the people in Opobo and Bonny see themselves às Rivers People not Ijaw or igbo, Period. I can see you are offended by the peaceful alternative that I was suggesting abi? You just want the people in Bonny and and Opobo to completely deny their igbo grandparents to benefit your shallow divisive politics.

Goodluck!

If you claim to be rivers, then you shud know that bonny n Opobo people are Ijaws.
I am from Opobo n I am Ijaw. I am not Ibo.
So the girl you met telling you she is just rivers does not know her heritage or history.
Are you saying there are no Ijaws in rivers state.
How come we have IYC n INC but no Ibo socio cultural group
You are not from rivers state. Stop lying

1 Like

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by RobbStark(m): 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
izac82:

You are the ones looking for confrontation cos I see no reason why your likes wud open threads upon threads trying to rewrite history about a people.
How can you an Ibo man tell me my own history.
You that is scared of water is now claiming towns in the ocean as yours.
Bonny n Opobo are Ijaws.
Open another thread, that won't change anything on ground.
We are waiting for wen you dots would come physically n claim our lands.
Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by RobbStark(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
Alabo7978:

did you just say myth and legends?
have you seen how you shift goal post? you were the one who said I know nothing about Bonny opobo and went on to lie that the houses that followed Jaja were Igbo people and I cramped that lie by telling you details about the movement.
you also said Opobo had no one there but I told you how it was formerly Idonkontoro and it was infact the Brits who permitted him to stay there that was why he was known as treaty king. I cleared you about the enculturation and how you claim Bonny is Igbo yet okwarazurumba mbanaso was renamed into an ibani-ijaw name Jubo jubogha ( that is because the Masters were ibani-ijaw)
you denied your Language and roots by saying town meant ama instead of OBODO and I caught the stupid lies.
you also said igbos owned Opobo but I cleared you that after Jaja's death regents and the perekule council of chiefs chairmen ruled Opubo-ama,(you didn't even know Opobo is Opubo-ama; renamed after Jaja's foster dad Amayanabo Opubo hano pepple NOT EZE)
now you're shifting goal post to tell me your uncle abi father married Opobo woman. did the Opobo woman say she is Igbo
have you seen how you're dancing away from the borne of contention like a drunk dragon fly?
okolo'ma means curlew fly
does fly mean ma in igbo??
Ama means town in ijaw,
doesn't obodo mean town in Igbo

the the Europeans say okolo-obodo?
you call curlew uguloma abi nnu'nu
but the founders of Bonny call it okolo
in my Nembe DIALECT we call it okolain

stick to the borne of contention and stop telling me about masquarade.
ekpe masquerade is played in Calabari, does that mean the Calabari people are owned by akwa-ibom people??
grow a brain!

Igbo people were their masquarade on the face, ijaws carry on the head, but it is only in Bonny and Opobo igbos want to now carry masquarade on the head. bumkom!

ask your Opobo aunty, did she tell you she's Igbo?
I gave you real history and cleared your lies, you began telling me of your stupid family marriage.
I go box your head o.
even the Ndoki people tell us their name is aminadokiari as we all know it, they've even joined all ijaw socio cultural forum.
I have an ndoki inlaw whom told me they are ijaws and I wrote a thread about it last year.
Opobo is Opubo-ama, and they together with Bonny use AMAYANABO and ALABO's not Eze and ichie.

now swerve.

Truth and pure truth you have posted.
They want to rewrite the history of my ibani people but they have failed since from web they started.
Ask them to show you just one person from bonny n Opobo who have claimed to be Ibo.
They will run away.
Come to think of it, is there no blander that is from bonny who wud come n say he is Ibo.
Always they meet someone who claim to be from Okrika, bonny, Opobo, kalabari who said they are not Ijaws.
Very funny set of people.
I am from Opobo n I am Ijaw.
I am from Cookey-Gam War Canoe house in Opobo.
How am I Ibo.
Delusion of the highest order from the dotians

3 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 2:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
SaintBishop:
You want to cry? Let me give you tissue to wipe your prostitutes tears? grin

Lol, aren't you the one crying already seeing that Igbos you want to measure dick with are far above you in every sphere of life!

I just schooled you already with irrefutable facts and this gibberish is all you can respond with?

Pathetic clowns grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Xbobtage: 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
RobbStark:

If you claim to be rivers, then you shud know that bonny n Opobo people are Ijaws.
I am from Opobo n I am Ijaw. I am not Ibo.
So the girl you met telling you she is just rivers does not know her heritage or history.
Are you saying there are no Ijaws in rivers state.
How come we have IYC n INC but no Ibo socio cultural group
You are not from rivers state. Stop lying

My friend the IYC and the INC started off as a Political Organizations, most of the communities in Rivers State that Joined were dragged in to garner support for resource control, up to this day most of the people in some of those communities are unaware that they are called ijaws and being used as prop numbers /boundary strength for a purpose that they may not be completely on board with.

Are you truly from opobo and not nkoro? Because the way the people who are actually from Opobo town and Nkoro feel about this issue is different, same as the way the people from Bonny town and finima feel about the issue differs/

If you are truly from Opobo and you currently identify yourself as ijaw then that is okay, and nobody should bully you or force you to say that you are not. But if you meet another Opobo town man who identifies himself as an igbo man or as simply an Opobo man, then you should also be willing to accept that persons opinion of themselves, because honestly speaking Opobo has both ijoid any igbo history and it should be understandable to any sane person that a person from opobo might strongly identify as igbo or ijaw or just choose to stay neutral.

The only clan in rivers state that has always maintained 100% that they are ijaws from time immemorial are the Okrika People, In the 80s and early 90s alot of Kalabari people never accepted that they were ijaws, its now that alot more of them are coming around. Opobo People and Bonny are honestly still split on this issue up to now.

I understand that you might find my comment offensive depending on how passionate you are about your ijawness. But i havent said anything unrealistic or offensive. My advice to the INC is to not make the same mistake the igbos made in the 60s by thinking every easterner was ok with being labelled igbo and was ready to die for their cause, without the igbos first doing proper consultation.

What the INC does now is dash big vehicles to any youth leader from any clan that they claim is Ijaw so they can continue drawing these maps, Rather I will advice the Bayelsa state Government to finance some sort of census and campaign in these communities to identify whether they identify themselves as ijaw and would be happy in a Homogenous Ijaw Republic should that ever be the case. The exercise should be done with neutral external monitors and the results should be published on the INC website, this will help the narrative and public opinion as to whether those communities are fully with ijaw. Im a proper rivers man, from flying kites in bishop johnson primary school to launching the first Mr biggs in Ph at Agree Road, to visiting Santa at Isaac Boro Park, Back when P/H na P/H, and listening to Bomo Erokosima jokes on the Radio...My people call Opobo people nkem nke gi people, if you are truly from opobo, then you know where Im from by just that statement.

Rivers people have truly become one set of unique people, we sabi chop two sides clean mouth - no time!, that is why when Obi Wali was splitting Rivers State so it would have only been upland people in it, Nembe people think sey Okrika and Kalabari people go follow them enter bayelsa after campaigning with them...No time! Kalabari and Okrika still dey rivers state/ Even though they know it will be difficult to rule the state. governor is only one way to look at the issue, other geopolitics is also at play. We like to eat our cake and have it. Even though we now know for most parts which parts of rivers state is igboid and which is Ijoid, truth be told in DNA most Rivers People have Benin, Igbo and Ijoid Origin, If anyone is willing to pay us we will take their money and enjoy ourselves. When they are serious about restructuring or dividing the country come and ask us again maybe then, we go take una seriously.

4 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by buzikid49515: 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
RobbStark:

Could just tell me some of the names they answer let's see if they are Ibos or Ijaws.

Dont be scared man give me location in your so called opobo town let me expose you and your paid gruop..i dont have time to talk to much just drop location and see if you will come to nairaland and spaw rubbish about opobo again.

4 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by BlackAdam55(m): 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
Xbobtage:

My friend the IYC and the INC started off as a Political Organizations, most of the communities in Rivers State that Joined were dragged in to garner support for resource control, up to this day most of the people in some of those communities are unaware that they are called ijaws and being used as prop numbers /boundary strength for a purpose that they may not be completely on board with.

Are you truly from opobo and not nkoro? Because the way the people who are actually from Opobo town and Nkoro feel about this issue is different, same as the way the people from Bonny town and finima feel about the issue differs/

If you are truly from Opobo and you currently identify yourself as ijaw then that is okay, and nobody should bully you or force you to say that you are not. But if you meet another Opobo town man who identifies himself as an igbo man or as simply an Opobo man, then you should also be willing to accept that persons opinion of themselves, because honestly speaking Opobo has both ijoid any igbo history and it should be understandable to any sane person that a person from opobo might strongly identify as igbo or ijaw or just choose to stay neutral.

The only clan in rivers state that has always maintained 100% that they are ijaws from time immemorial are the Okrika People, In the 80s and early 90s alot of Kalabari people never accepted that they were ijaws, its now that alot more of them are coming around. Opobo People and Bonny are honestly still split on this issue up to now.

I understand that you might find my comment offensive depending on how passionate you are about your ijawness. But i havent said anything unrealistic or offensive. My advice to the INC is to not make the same mistake the igbos made in the 60s by thinking every easterner was ok with being labelled igbo and was ready to die for their cause, without the igbos first doing proper consultation.

What the INC does now is dash big vehicles to any youth leader from any clan that they claim is Ijaw so they can continue drawing these maps, Rather I will advice the Bayelsa state Government to finance some sort of census and campaign in these communities to identify whether they identify themselves as ijaw and would be happy in a Homogenous Ijaw Republic should that ever be the case. The exercise should be done with neutral external monitors and the results should be published on the INC website, this will help the narrative and public opinion as to whether those communities are fully with ijaw. Im a proper rivers man, from flying kites in bishop johnson primary school to launching the first Mr biggs in Ph at Agree Road, to visiting Santa at Isaac Boro Park, Back when P/H na P/H, and listening to Bomo Erokosima jokes on the Radio...My people call Opobo people nkem nke gi people, if you are truly from opobo, then you know where Im from by just that statement.

Rivers people have truly become one set of unique people, we sabi chop two sides clean mouth - no time!, that is why when Obi Wali was splitting Rivers State so it would have only been upland people in it, Nembe people think sey Okrika and Kalabari people go follow them enter bayelsa after campaigning with them...No time! Kalabari and Okrika still dey rivers state/ Even though they know it will be difficult to rule the state. governor is only one way to look at the issue, other geopolitics is also at play. We like to eat our cake and have it. Even though we now know for most parts which parts of rivers state is igboid and which is Ijoid, truth be told in DNA most Rivers People have Benin, Igbo and Ijoid Origin, If anyone is willing to pay us we will take their money and enjoy ourselves. When they are serious about restructuring or dividing the country come and ask us again maybe then, we go take una seriously.

So the Okrikans have always maintain their ijaw heritage right from time? So why are the Igbos Especially that Eastlink who claims to be from River's state fighting so hard that there are no ijaws In Rivers State? While you as an Ogoni from Rivers State, knows that there are ijaws in River's state.And Okrika people are one of the ijaws there.

4 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by SaintBishop: 9:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
EastisBae:

Yet Amaechi has been saying it to anyone who cares to listen that his people are Igbos. So who is dragging who? The joke is on you!
Yet the Okrikans has been denying you unwanted souls that they are not igbos. They even brag about how they enslaved you all, yet you keep forcing your brotherhood on them. What do you have to say about that unholy Jew?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by SaintBishop: 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
Xbobtage:

Mr Eastlink clown, what do you have to say about this man who is from River's state and his Opinion about the Okrika people? grin
Well you right, you igbos are nothing like the ijaws cause unlike the ijaws, there's no single truth found in the average Igbo man mouth. When you speak, only lies comes out from your mouth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Masculino: 10:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
All I can deduce from these arguments is that Igbo's,ijaws,efik,and ikwerre's are the same people. Had it been history is taught in our schools we wouldn't be this confused about our identity.

Had it been we have a functional government, molecular genealogy studies ought to have been conducted from random populations to determine our genetic dispositions and that would end all these arguments. All these tribes and clans share common ancestral heritage, just that colonial exploitation disorientates everything about us. For example, there's okirika in mbaise IMO state and there's equally okirika in rivers state.

Many people claim to be Israelites, but, genetic studies says otherwise. That's how the present state of Israel has managed to overcome many identity problems. The Igbo's and ijaws shares the same value system and I believe genetic studies on both will put all these arguments to rest.
Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
SaintBishop:
Yet the Okrikans has been denying you unwanted souls that they are not igbos. They even brag about how they enslaved you all, yet you keep forcing your brotherhood on them. What do you have to say about that unholy Jew?

What is my business with okrika, have you ever seen me mention okrika in any way? They can be whoever they want to be, they're too small to be an issue. Instead this thread is about you ijaw meddlesome interlopers who were warned by the Bonny aborigines to stay away from their land. You left that to be talking rubbish about okirika? What a deluded soul.

3 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
EastisBae:
We have watched with bemused astonishment at the ridiculous charade by some misguided ijaws otherwise known as jo-men in trying to rewrite the history of the Bonny aborigines. This elements have gone to the extent of telling Bonny people that they should stop speaking their mother tongue (Igbo language) and instead speak ijaw. The funny thing in all these is that Bonny aborigines does not just have a rich culture and tradition that is more advanced than those of the landgrabbers, but equally has a history that is greater. When Bonny was already a famous city-state, these jo-men were mere teeth-filing savages who lived on boats and constituted nuisance as pirates. Even the Europeans hadly traded with them because they were largely disorganized and uncivilized.

Anyways, let's even ignore the insult of even asking the great people of Bonny to abandon their mother tongue, the language spoken by their forefathers and accept that of landgrabbers. Now, here are other reasons why the Bonny aborigines will never jettison Igbo language in favour of ijaw;

You this boy don't want to get it. Nobody wants to carry Biafra passport. Not even Igbos talk of Bonny. Below is the traditional map of Biafra or is it Ikenga Republic.

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
jerseyboy:
[b][s]You this boy don't want to get it. Nobody wants to carry Biafra passport. Not even Igbos talk of Bonny. Below is the traditional map of Biafra or is it Ikenga Republic.[[/s]/b]

Another lost soul on the lose!
What has Biafra got to do with the discussion here? Did you ever see any of my post talking about Biafra?

Senseless juvenile delinquents!
Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Alabo7978(m): 12:48am On Feb 25, 2022
RobbStark:

Truth and pure truth you have posted.
They want to rewrite the history of my ibani people but they have failed since from web they started.
Ask them to show you just one person from bonny n Opobo who have claimed to be Ibo.
They will run away.
Come to think of it, is there no blander that is from bonny who wud come n say he is Ibo.
Always they meet someone who claim to be from Okrika, bonny, Opobo, kalabari who said they are not Ijaws.
Very funny set of people.
I am from Opobo n I am Ijaw.
I am from Cookey-Gam War Canoe house in Opobo.
How am I Ibo.
Delusion of the highest order from the dotians
don't mind those fools.
I once in a while love a good debate not to prove a point but to embarrass and expose them.

the INDIGENES already know who they are and none said they are igbos.

does Igbo man know what is even a war canoe house?
this people stupid I swear to God.
Ekealterego SlayerForever Igboid biafrarep bkayy eastisbae Eastlink please what is the name of your war canoe house or Amayanabo in abakiliki?

oh I know, mkpuru'mmiri-ritual war canoe house, and Amayanabo okechukwu, LMAO.
Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Alabo7978(m): 1:06am On Feb 25, 2022
bomb24:

Wailings of Alabo-aka mumuribo.

confused Imp So it no longer okolo-Ama? All of a sudden the "Ma" Prefix In the okolo now means fly and no Longer Ama as u earlier indicated and placed more Emphasis on...

From all Earlier documentation of Bonny history, was pointing to the original founders of Bonny to Come from Ngwa/Ndoki Land; which In their dialect a curlew is called "Ugoloma."

Like i always say okolo means Roosting in Ijaw vernacular and not curlew, so what is the word for curlew in Ijaw?

Jaja's name remains jugbo jugbo fem. we have an overwhelming prove for that...

U lost out bro!

lol bomb24 you no dey active for nairaland I swear.

ask your fellow comrade to tell you or Ekealterego and Igboid should I tell him? LMAO

NOW PAY ATTENTION, IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND READ IT AGAIN!

check every white man's account, the founders saw the town habited by curlew called "okolo"
and when the people settled, the curlews flew away, then the people say "okolo'ma" meaning curlew flew away, MA=fly away.

the ama added to the okolo is also a name of the community.
ama means town, okolo means curlew.
so it can be called okoloama (curlew town) or okolo'ma (curlew fly away)
okolo does not mean roosting, you got it wrong.

ijaw clans does not have one name they call the curlew.
some call it okolain, some call it okolo.

the igbos call it uguloma, you lost out bro, not me.
Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Alabo7978(m): 1:39am On Feb 25, 2022
Xbobtage:

Watching two nigerian tribes claim superiority is like watching watching two people with down syndrome and each trying to claim they are the smarter one.

Since both Opobo and Bonny share a great deal of igbo and ijaw heritage why cant the people of both towns be allowed to celebrate their hybrid culture and origin. How fair is it for them to completely throw away one...Why try to rewrite their history just so you can say they are ijaws when we all know its not. They can be both Ijaw and igbo and be loved by others, just like the swiss are french and german...Why create an enemy out of igbo people by trying to erase the igbo history of the place.

And to correct you, an igbo friend of mine years ago told me Ama means city centre in igbo language.

I had a short relationship with a Bonny girl two years ago, and when I asked her about what her opinion of what she was is, she said Look Im a rivers girl, and when I said but rivers is not a tribe, she said, I have heard some people say that Bonny is ijaw, but I am from Bonny, not finima or others, calling me Ijaw is not correct, if you dont want to call me a Rivers woman, then call me a Bonny woman. So you see, she didnt accept that she was Ijaw, but she didnt say she was igbo either. I swear on the life of my children that the above bolded sentence is truly what happened. I have also met an Opobo pastor who tried to explain that his people are ndoki people and ndoki are not really igbos and when asked if he was ijaw, he said NO. But he runs an igbo church with only igbo/ikwerre congregation, giving visions in igbo language etc

At OP, why not state your facts without insulting an entire tribe of people, and I can tell you that not all ijaws agree or want a confrontation with igbo people over territorial issues, actually most ijaw people dont want that.
i like you brother.
now listen, because of the rise in power and structure of a few ijoid clans(Nembe, Bonny, calabari) to specific, an air of independability crept in.
I am a Nembe man, and most times we even argue with the western ijaw clans and tell them to their face "I am Nembe I am not ijaw" but deep down we know we are an ijoid clan, the culture, tradition, similar dialectical words etc.
I also had an ndoki inlaw who told me their real names are aminadokiari and they migrated from central delta(ijaw). He personally told me about the loss of DIALECT and all, we all know this even the igbos too.
but because of the geographical closeness between ndoki in particular with the HINTERLAND, these people lost their DIALECT which was the same with calabari and Bonny as a result of Igbo being the language of commerce back then.
if we had large land mass, we would have planted own maize, vegetables, palm trees, yams, rice etc and not even go to batter our sea food with them if not this wahala for no dey at all. and the Igbos being great travelers and can be found anywhere entered Bonny for business and the language became corrupted, look at Lagos as an example, don't you see the igbos saying they now own Lagos?
I would have shown you a document COLLECTED by crowther from king pepple who revealed that the original ibani Language is same as calabari.

your pastor from opobo that speaks Igbo boldly told you he wasn't Igbo, but didn't boldly tell you he wasn't ijaw. they know the history, they know they lost their Language and grew up speaking Igbo but know deep down they aren't Igbo. it is just like a boy growing up to call a man father but found out later on that man isn't his father.
ask any ndoki man to be precise, he will tell you ndoki is actually aminadokiari, I bet you brother, go ask.
search on "SAFE OPOBO FOUNDATION" on Facebook and go check, a post was made by an ndoki man asking why the OPOBIANS ridicule them that they are actually from the same kolokuma/opokuma stalk. go and check, the group has over 6.5k members.
this man with a first name KEVIN and an IBO surname went on to narrate the exact migration story of WAMINADOKIARI' and as we speak, Ndoki has joined every ijaw socio cultural group.
like you said, we the ijaw Ethnic nation don't have time for land grabbing or dragging but our attention was called to how some igbos were dragging what isn't theirs. that's how they go about having eze'ndigbo in ondo kaduna Ghana even far away in Malaysia and before you know it they take over. we don't want that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sokoto People Join Queue With The Aim Of Voting Atiku Tomorrow (Pictures) / These Words Will Keep APC People Sleepless / "We Wont - Repeat - Wont Renew Iwu's Tenure" Jonathan Assures Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.