Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? (3159 Views)

I Find It Difficult To Sleep Alone In A Room Or In A House / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Emuf: 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
I have noticed this uncontrollable rejection Anambra men have towards Imo women. Hardly can you find an Anambra man who is indifferent about settling down with an Imo state woman. I saw this during my days in Awka and it was so obvious. They don't even hide the rejection.

Anambra men, why do you find it difficult to settle down with Imo women?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Nonexisting: 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2022
Anambra men, mama anyi si people. grin They like their wives to be housewives and average Imo state woman wants to work and make her own money. If you like have PhD, as long as you're married to an Anambra man, you will end up as housewife. grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Munzy14(m): 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonexisting:
Anambra men, mama anyi si people. grin They like their wives to be housewives and average Imo state woman wants to work and make her own money. If you like have PhD, as long as you're married to an Anambra man, you will end up as housewife. grin
grin cheesy

You are not far from the truth...

Mama anyi si grin grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Mariangeles(f): 9:24pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonexisting:

Umu m, soroniā€™m chia! grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Emuf: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonexisting:

You have a valid point. They depend on their mothers' opinion a lot.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by donbachi(m): 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
When it comes to marriage...anambra and anambra is better.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by bibianna(f): 9:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
Interesting question!
Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by thesicilian: 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
I call it intratribal racism

8 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Emuf: 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
donbachi:
Why please?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Nbotee(m): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2022
Emuf:

You have a valid point. They depend on their mothers' opinion a lot.

Dis is so valid.. Both my friends who were from Anambra had to look for a gal their mothers approved of before they finally married and settled down

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by OG1BABY(f): 1:48am On Feb 23, 2022
Here to learn

1 Like

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by VEXT: 9:09am On Feb 23, 2022
Real Igbo's are from Anambra,so why marry from a lower tribe angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Bigbright7(m): 10:39am On Feb 23, 2022
Individual differences.

For electrical installation of your upcoming building project check my sig.
Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Richy4(m): 11:07am On Feb 23, 2022
VEXT:

7 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by dacblogger: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2022
Anambra my state... We are superior grin, we get sense. We come get swag untop undecided

I'm married to an abia state man and till today I regret that decision...

Anambrarians are simply unique,take it or leave it tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by BeautyB99(f): 11:37am On Feb 23, 2022
Real Igbo's are from Anambra,so why marry from a lower tribe

Imolite cannot stoop so low and marry people with mummy's boy mentality (if una know wetin I mean)

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Emuf: 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
dacblogger:
Anambra my state... We are superior grin, we get sense. We come get swag untop undecided

I'm married to an abia state man and till today I regret that decision...

Just imagine. Read what you wrote

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Emuf: 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
BeautyB99:
Real Igbo's are from Anambra,so why marry from a lower tribe

Imolite cannot stoop so low and marry people with mummy's boy mentality (if una know wetin I mean)
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Nnamdipapa(m): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
Wrong! I married to an ijebu woman.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Emuf: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nnamdipapa:
Wrong! I am married to an imo woman.
There are exceptions. If you will be honest, you will agree that most Anambra men go for Anambra women.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Nnamdipapa(m): 3:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
Emuf:

There are exceptions. If you will be honest, you will agree that most Anambra men go for Anambra women.

The same everyone, most date and marry from the same comunity.
Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Emuf: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nnamdipapa:

The same everyone, most date and marry from the same comunity.

Anambra pay special attention to this.
Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by pps1759(m): 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
VEXT:
if Enugu a lower tribe,and Anambra was brougt out of Enugu.Am confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by pps1759(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
VEXT:
Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
VEXT:

donbachi:

You people are something. Among yourselves you are still prejudiced, bigoted and racist. What will biafra state be like if you all get it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
dacblogger:

My rudest colleagues in two places i worked were anambra girls. Very rude with bad character, one was even suspended then terminated.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Mindlog: 5:12pm On Feb 23, 2022
donbachi:

Even within Anambra, there are places some people are skeptical marrying into/from, for example you will hear some folks say people from Awka are better off marrying among themselves, that a lady from maybe ihiala, Anam or Uga would struggle to fit in.....how many outsiders fit gather liver marry an Onitsha man or woman? cheesy

The same applies to other states that are majorly the same tribe, where one has to think deeply before he/she announces to his/her family that the intended is from a community within their tribe that the family is not comfortable with.

And by the way, mama anyi si is a huge turn off!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by frozen70(f): 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2022
Emuf:

Just imagine. Read what you wrote

She wrote her mind

So many women are regretting getting married to their spouses

Once behavior or attitude is enough to make a woman regret such marriage

Same with men

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by frozen70(f): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
Emuf:
I have noticed this uncontrollable rejection Anambra men have towards Imo women. Hardly can you find an Anambra man who is indifferent about settling down with an Imo state woman. I saw this during my days in Awka and it was so obvious. They don't even hide the rejection.

Anambra men, why do you find it difficult to settle down with Imo women?

Marrying from Imo state is very very expensive

Even many of their men marry outside their states

Most Ibo people you see married to the yoruba's are actually from Imo state

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Emuf: 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
Mindlog:

Even within Anambra, there are places some people are skeptical marrying into/from, for example you will hear some folks say people from Awka are better off marrying among themselves, that a lady from maybe ihiala, Anam or Uga would struggle to fit in.....how many outsiders fit gather liver marry an Onitsha man or woman? cheesy

The same applies to other states that are majorly the same tribe, where one has to think deeply before he/she announces to his/her family that the intended is from a community within their tribe that the family is not comfortable with.

Your last sentence is the deal....
Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by Lovebliss2(f): 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
Mindlog:

I am learning o shocked
Let me think twice cheesy
Re: Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? by emmanuelbrown26: 11:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
Damn damn damn. So this is what Biafra is all about? Supremacy?
I think, at this juncture, i give up on Biafra. If Imo and Anambra go dey fight openly lile this, so tell me how state like Ebonyi go cum do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snake Found In My Bedroom / My Cousin Sister Always Naked Herself In My Presence / Your Spouse Or Your Child: Who Comes First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.