Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes (9702 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords / ASUU Strike: Students Cry Out, Curse ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by naija4life247: 7:57am On Feb 23, 2022
Time to do Olosho and Yahoo Yahoo full time.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by meditator(m): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2022
ddmannn:
This is not the first strike in naija country and I don't see it to be the last even after bubu. It started with pdp after military rule and I don't think with will end even if you elect any pdp candidate come 2023.
God forbid PDP to be even brought back to power
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by dayoscape: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2022
I'm currently expanding my web design skills
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Iamchivic(m): 8:03am On Feb 23, 2022
Acquiring a skill is one of the ways to cope with ASUU strike
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Chikarata2020(m): 8:03am On Feb 23, 2022
Wished I had learnt a meaningful skill b4 I entered school. University education in this country is just a big joke

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by naija4life247: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2022
nomedade:

I.T skill are the best paying for now

After money rituals, Yahoo Yahoo and Olosho.
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by EmzyT: 8:04am On Feb 23, 2022
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Terabytes(f): 8:04am On Feb 23, 2022
Nigerian students who are on strike don't waste this time doing nothing.
Learn from the pandemic while some were told to sit back at home and some lost their jobs in the process those with digital skills retained their jobs and worked from home.
Since then the rate of digitization has increased.

One of the email copywriters I read about is a young woman from Pakistan.
Last year (2021), she pocketed $150,000 from her email copywriting services.
Imagine that, Nigerians are far better at English than Pakistans.
So, if she can do this, then I believe you can if you get the right guidance.

Now is the time to take courses online.
Invest in digital skill set that will open you up for opportunities.
The world is going digital.
Add value, your degree is not enough....

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by bluefilm: 8:04am On Feb 23, 2022
But why is Queen Elizabeth trending on Twitter?

Is she really dead?
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by StUriah(m): 8:05am On Feb 23, 2022
You wanna destroy your psyche?

Use your time to do what is profitable. Stop learning to be a Gigolo.

RapistOnBail:
cheesy

Watch lots of blue clips these period

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Tonygeesm(m): 8:05am On Feb 23, 2022
If you are are student and you don't have any form of handiwork, business skills or side hustle.. Just forget about committing suicide because we no go allow you jump 3rd mainland bridge. Talking from experience,i am surviving today because I have multiple handiwork and ideas,even before I went to school.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by StUriah(m): 8:07am On Feb 23, 2022
Anything that works for you is better.

Everyone can not learn the same trade.

nomedade:

I.T skill are the best paying for now

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by PJAR: 8:12am On Feb 23, 2022
This time should be used judiciously to improve on oneself.
If you can apprentice, do so!
As an engineering student, learn coding!
For financial freedom, learn how to trade the forex market (among others)!
If you want to learn a new skill, by all means do so!

You may find these skills much more useful in the long run!

ASUU should not stop your learning process!!
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by MAVICK2000(m): 8:14am On Feb 23, 2022
setobaba:
Discuss what ? Your case different
While you all are looking for solutions to the global issues arising, pls do not forget to put kyari in prayers, I heard the nigga is seriously sick and needs to be fly out, says his lawyer.

Who else is ready make run Dubai Trip together, I don give up on Europe, right now anywhere plane land me ni ooooo, but not Russia.

Who cares about ASUU
Double ma hustle cause wanna stock much up cash before we resume back. Anyways the only the thing the strike affect time cause it prolong time.
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by NaijaCover(m): 8:16am On Feb 23, 2022
Start Blogging Business And Thank Later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by minasu190: 8:16am On Feb 23, 2022
setobaba:
Discuss what ? Your case different
While you all are looking for solutions to the global issues arising, pls do not forget to put kyari in prayers, I heard the nigga is seriously sick and needs to be fly out, says his lawyer.

Who else is ready make run Dubai Trip together, I don give up on Europe, right now anywhere plane land me ni ooooo, but not Russia.

Who cares about ASUU
don't worry ur plane will land in Ukraine or Afganistan.
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Genesiszero: 8:18am On Feb 23, 2022
StUriah:
Anything that works for you is better.

Everyone can not learn the same trade.

Hahaha funny, when I see people saying "go and learn It skills", they forget to tell them that it's not a get rich quick scheme, these mentality has really deceived many on to come out and discover that it not what it seems....

A friend started learning programing because he heard you can make a fortune freely, after 3weeks of learning data science he stopped and told me this thing is not meant for him...... Maths, logic, cognitive reasoning and endless trial and error.

Making it big in IT requires endurance, sacrifices, patience and years of experience...... Otherwise you bounce in, you bounce out.... This is a reality they will never tell you.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by bluefilm: 8:30am On Feb 23, 2022
cardoctor:
Just sit at home and play Temple Run.

Congratulations my son.

You are doing well.

Soon, you will be running kitikiti katakata into different temples in search of fast money...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Ahmad62(m): 8:30am On Feb 23, 2022
My friend lost his life in a ghastly motor accident while going back home because of the strike... May god pubish ASUU and FG!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Yeyeboi05(m): 8:38am On Feb 23, 2022
The strike na blessing for me seff
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Mgada1ne(m): 8:44am On Feb 23, 2022
Kevinsamba:
I decided i wouldn't waste my time this period like last strike, so I'm learning web dev

Can u hook me up bro
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Mgada1ne(m): 8:45am On Feb 23, 2022
It's very frustrating!

Now I'm looking for a side hustle to engage myself
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Stephanie2k: 8:49am On Feb 23, 2022
ddmannn:
This is not the first strike in naija country and I don't see it to be the last even after bubu. It started with pdp after military rule and I don't think with will end even if you elect any pdp candidate come 2023.

I agree. At this point I'm not waiting to graduate before i take control of my life. I'm learning more on copywriting and i found this great course called The Foreign Copywriting Initiative. If you'd like to know more about it,chat me up here:
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Stephanie2k: 8:54am On Feb 23, 2022
ddmannn:

Unfortunately,i have to agree with you.
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by yeking18(m): 8:54am On Feb 23, 2022
Nothing to discuss here. This is not the first time the ASUU strike has been striking Nigeria student. The only candid advise to them is that during this period let them use this time to acquire skills so it will be useful for them in the long run. In other news, Ezewe you are yet to give us info on the Npower batch C stream 2 shortlisted applicant, seems you have been engrossed with a lot this days that we can't get update on Npower development.. Sigh
Re: ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes by Pirow: 9:25am On Feb 23, 2022
It is hard for someone to get admission into university in this country without knowing when he/she will graduate. Our government need to wake up and do the needful

However, if you want to get admission to university in Accra Ghana send a mail to piroawolu@gmail.com, the school fee is relatively cheap compare with private universities in Nigeria, no strike, no JAMB but you must have International passport, residential permits and non citizen card will be processed once you are admitted. Admission is still on for both undergraduate and master degrees, HND can also apply for their B.Sc and master.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Redeemer’s University Graduates 465, 22 Bag First Class / Oye Ekiti Federal University Updates / British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.