Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) (53004 Views)

Man Calls Lagos Ambulance For "Dying" Man Who Turned Out To Be A Serial Scammer / Canadian Police Protecting #EndSARS Protesters (Video) / Police Kill Iso Akpafid Kidnapper & Cultist In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
When you are black and living in foreign land, try to be polite and respect your host... inasmuch as I see the way police maltreatment against black, walihi I can never fall victim to such, I show my self to police before they saw me, why hiding when am not illegal, I dont have any incriminating things around me, there was a time they were making massive arrest, arresting Africans selling drugs and alcohol, I was going to the gym that day, passed from their middle with their dogs, they didn't even look my side despite they were arresting all the blacks there as suspect
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by kindlyheart: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
killmods:

And how does this rubbish justify killing someone in cold blood?

I said it wrong mr. man. at least he will be punished for his actions unlike here.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
kindlyheart:

I said it wrong mr. man. at least he will be punished for his actions unlike here.
Okay
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Spandau: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
Kajaard:

The story tire me I swear undecided

So the ambulance took the dog and left a human being behind just because he is black? I still cannot understand this undecided

The idiots see the dog as a police officer.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Spandau: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
inoki247:

Wetin our police and law enforcement dey du us no worst pass diz....

Buh as e b anoda country ur voice go loud...

No mind the frustrated mook. As if , if dem gee am free visa e no go take am.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by PaAdu02(m): 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
Your comment isnt sincere,he wanted suicide and he got one..He killed himself,he wasnt law abiding,and they(his family) called it PTSD as an alibi ,absolute rubbish.
The dude was holding/wielding a Knife,and for law enforcement agents to make resolutions with him,after he was alleged to have threatened some people,i think he should have been reasonable enough to fear the police at their first sight,can he try that rubbish in Sudan where he came from.
They even negotiated with him at first from a distance,he surged forward ,and a dog was sent to scare him,how dare he stabs a police dog,he was obviously on a suicide moves,when the dog and police presence cant scare him to submission,who else will,a gun has to be pulled,let us be reasnable,and not drift to racism everytime when our black folks act like animals.

Shokoloko:
Several speakers refuted the police version of events, saying Tuel was “simply waiting for the bus” and the item police called a weapon was a retractable cane he used to help him walk due to issues with his knee. His reaction in hitting the dog, they said, was in self-defence and didn’t warrant his death.

“I want to ask all of you here; (would you) stay and put your hands in your pockets when somebody’s unleashed a K-9 dog on you?” said Odame-Ankrah. “Naturally, you go into defence. It’s a natural human reaction.”

Loved ones reiterated Tuel’s struggles with his mental health, referencing his PTSD and struggles in recent days. Regardless of his mental state, they say police had other options that wouldn’t have resulted in Tuel’s death. Police efforts to resolve the situation without violence were not enough, they said.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/0222-police-shooting-folo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by NathanxxL(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
The pigs
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Mayeldah(m): 2:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:
Japa people, shey una dey see am?

They won't hear o!

let me keep quiet before they will say na envy dey worry me

Nothing like freedom, its better to be a first class citizen here than to be rated below a dog in Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Richy4(m): 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
wallrichy:
Be calming down Richy , The nonsense your country law enforcement agencies does to you guys in Nigeria is more terrible than anything injustice from people that ought to protect you. In as much as it's highly wrong and bad that it happened in Canada to a fellow black man. Africa countries have never fared better. Africans kills one another as if life doesn't have meaning. Nigeria situation is even worse with the systematic government sponsored killing of the southern people of Nigeria by the Fula I Hausa president call Buhari. Using the security arms of the country to intimidate and often kill other tribes that shows dispersion to the bad leadership and corruption that has been the bane of his leadership ever since he came into power 7 years ago.....Africa needs a Miracle ......

My brother what can I say.. U are 101% correct. I always read about the atrocious act that is always perpetrated by Nigerian law enforcement officers..

I wouldn't even talk about the law makers themselves whose dressing allowances alone can remove 3% of job seekers off the street assuming it was channeled into good use...

U see my brother, not that I am supporting or turning a blind eye to the happenings in my country and was focusing on the other countries... But inhuman act makes anyone with conscience feel bad no matter where or who carried out the evil act...

The way I read this and felt like pulling someone's nose off is still the same way I will feel assuming it happened in Nigeria... The feeling doesn't have geographical selection. smiley
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by LastProphet: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
kindlyheart:
that's so bad. Before you scream racism I know you know that we Blacks do worse to each other.

Dont mind them, see as the poster pretended that the black man was not armed and trying to confront the police. Kai black mumu attitude is overwhelming.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:

Oga still them better pass us
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Shokoloko(f): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
PaAdu02:
Your comment isnt sincere,he wanted suicide and he got one..He killed himself,he wasnt law abiding,and they(his family) called it PTSD as an alibi ,absolute rubbish.
The dude was holding/wielding a Knife,and for law enforcement agents to make resolutions with him,after he was alleged to have threatened some people,i think he should have been reasonable enough to fear the police at their first sight,can he try that rubbish in Sudan where he came from.
They even negotiated with him at first from a distance,he surged forward ,and a dog was sent to scare him,how dare he stabs a police dog,he was obviously on a suicide moves,when the dog and police presence cant scare him to submission,who else will,a gun has to be pulled,let us be reasnable,and not drift to racism everytime when our black folks act like animals.

This was probably not meant for me. I guess you were responding to someone as I made no comment.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Shokoloko(f): 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
Agbo2:
Here is a video of what happened before the black man was shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ZsOP6VDH8

Thank you for this video. He charged at the police force. They didn't just start to shoot him.
While they should have shot only once in a bid to not kill him, this news is going viral because it is in a developed country. Nigerian police kill Nigerians everyday and no one is allowed to video anything.
In Nigeria, the police do not need you to hold a walking stick or charge to kill you. Having a laptop or iphone is enough to get a Nigerian police officer to kill anyone.
Canada is still safer. I have locked my car doors only twice since I got here. I take my dog out to walk at 2am. I am not afraid. In Nigeria at 10pm everyone is putting off lights so armed robbers do not know they are home.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by bunlizlaw(f): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:

Lol! Oga, Canada is very peaceful, this is one of the few exceptions.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Golan007: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
bunlizlaw:

Lol! Oga, Canada is very peaceful, this is one of the few exceptions.

No doubt, but one might still encounter the very same situation which drove you away from your natural abode.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Johel(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
WriterNig:
@Kelokemamii tweeted;

credit: Calgary Herald

The world needs re adjustments....only world war 3 will make such massive change.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Aaay: 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
Jesus
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by LIONSABRE(m): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
And is there no video to support this claim..no piece of evidence or what..pls a credible source to verify this will be so appreciated..
You can't cry for justice when we don't know how true the story is..
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by LIONSABRE(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
Shokoloko:
Alberta’s police watchdog says a man killed by Calgary officers was Tasered and hit with less-lethal projectiles from a launcher before two officers shot and killed him.

The Alberta Serious Incident Response Team says Latjor Tuel was wielding a stick and a knife before charging at officers and a police dog.

In less than 30 minutes after the arrival of police Saturday, a video of the shooting shared online showed Tuel, who was 41, lying motionless on the ground.

Friends and family of Tuel, a Black man born in South Sudan, say he was mentally distressed, and they’ve drawn attention to systemic racism while criticizing police for what they consider an excessive use of force.

Calgary police Chief Mark Neufeld says police officers responded rather than mental-health workers, because reports said Tuel had assaulted someone in the community.

Neufeld says officers attempted a peaceful resolution for a “significant period of time,” but Tuel refused to surrender his weapons and the situation turned deadly.

“As long as the person is in possession of weapons, and there isn’t a productive dialogue that can actually lead toward the person relinquishing those, that’s a very significant crisis situation,” Neufeld said Tuesday at a media conference.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-calgary-man-zapped-hit-with-projectiles-before-fatally-shot-by-police/
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by bigcasava1(m): 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
My people out Nigeria people good.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Gamesmart: 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
lawkenoz:

Abeg easy with the distortions and out right lies plus hear says filled In your submission.

They called the 1966 coup an Igbo coup but they will never tell you about Lt. Col Arthur Chinyelu Unegbe who was killed in that same coup. Why didn't you mention Adewale Ademoyega who was one of the five mutinous Nigerian Army Majors that led the 1966 coup that ended the first democratic Nigerian government?

This is how history writers and the media has been distorting the truth in Nigeria for years. The first coup was a revolution and not the lies we are told.

Some military officers of a particular ethnic persuasion carried out a coup them you blame the whole tribe for it? So because a particular ethnic group is loud and boisterous you're justified in killing them off and carrying out programs on them?

Nnamdi kanu hate or love him, he has been correct so far. If he insults your tribe insult him back and his supporters, not killing them. The Fulani that has been actually killing and sacking ethnic villages has not received the kind of vitriol you all push to nnamdi kanu.

By your ideology insults and chest beating should be dealt with by death sentence abi?

Look at the iidiot saying the truth is being distorted. Then it is his likes that would turnaround and claim "we are pure, innocent people and it is jealousy that is making people hate us", not having the intelligence to think about the core of the problem.

So you can name one Igbo officer that was killed and that makes it fair when the Igbo officers wiped away the Northern leaders? So why did the Igbos killed in the pogrom not clearly explain this to their killers and let them see the sense in the argument?

Why did they not say "One Yoruba officer too was involved in the coup, so why not massacre Yorubas too"?

Be arguing with me foolishly about what "should" happen, instead of having sense to stop what "would" happen and that start whining when it happens and claim "all igbo people are innocent".
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Gamesmart: 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

After all said and done.. You know we no longer cry. It's obvious that you didn't read the post as an afonja,I repeat we match mayhem with mayhem.

Hahahahaha the same reason you lost yewa and igangan to the KING. Still slaving down to Northerners..Are you their spokesperson? do they know you? the North this,the North that...1966! Guy dem swear give you.. fight your battles,they keep mocking your region while you keep seeking validation from me your other superior.

Oga from the lost tribe of ilorin and Lokoja, reclaim your land and leave me who has lost no territory,not even an inch,instead I'm grabbing by history books,DELTA..check,Rivers....check,Cross river....check....Akwa Ibom.....check,Benue and Kogi on check...We will identify with our people and take every inch of land they find themselves and make them rulers there. Be there crying ,man up and reclaim yewa now that social media can help you..I will support your fight against the KING

And look at an iidiot that thinks I am a Yoruba person.

Nuff said!
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by lawkenoz(m): 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
Gamesmart:

Look at the iidiot saying the truth is being distorted. Then it is his likes that would turnaround and claim "we are pure, innocent people and it is jealousy that is making people hate us", not having the intelligence to think about the core of the problem.

So you can name one Igbo officer that was killed and that makes it fair when the Igbo officers wiped away the Northern leaders? So why did the Igbos killed in the pogrom not clearly explain this to their killers and let them see the sense in the argument?

Why did they not say "One Yoruba officer too was involved in the coup, so why not massacre Yorubas too"?

Be arguing with me foolishly about what "should" happen, instead of having sense to stop what "would" happen and that start whining when it happens and claim "all igbo people are innocent".

And there he goes with the insults first. My aim was to point out your hypocrisy and lies in your statement and it was achieved. Now run along and go play with your fellows.

It's a faceless forum so you can at least insult and rant. In the real world you would get a proper beating for lacking manners.
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
Your business

Gamesmart:

Nuff said!
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Gamesmart: 11:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
lawkenoz:

And there he goes with the insults first. My aim was to point out your hypocrisy and lies in your statement and it was achieved. Now run along and go play with your fellows.

It's a faceless forum so you can at least insult and rant. In the real world you would get a proper beating for lacking manners.

Do you know the meaning of "hypocrisy" or you have just heard the word before?

What hypocrisy and lies did you "point out"?

Or you, as usual, just decided to defend "your own" and continue with the victim narrative of "we are being attacked for nothing"?
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Gamesmart: 11:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Your business

Now you feel stuuuupid with your shallow anti-Yoruba tribalism?
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
Your business ...loser

Gamesmart:

Nuff said!
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
You are the shallow dude..say where you are from and stop wasting salty tears

Gamesmart:

Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Yoruba dey crase? abi una don baff

Gamesmart:

Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by wiseoneking: 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:
The worst is happening before your very eyes. Nigeria is bleeding. Police brutality is at its worst in Nigeria. Tribalism is worst than racism. Kip kwayet
Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by Gamesmart: 11:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
You are the shallow dude..say where you are from and stop wasting salty tears

Dumb yoot, so you have nothing to challenge my points? You are so dumb, you only looking for the tribal angle to attack from?

Useless Nigerian "yoot"!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 / ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) / Herdsman Caught With Sack Of Bullets In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.