Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,088 members, 7,953,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (56542 Views)

You Earn N800k Monthly In Lagos With A Remote Job. Help! / 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk / Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Kaybee7000(m): 6:10am On Feb 25, 2022
engrrichie92:

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did!

Interested, how does it work and wey ur contact comrade ? I sent u mail
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by AutoC: 6:53am On Feb 25, 2022
aribisala0:
Who is planting the maze here? Owe a paa si odi nu
I am not talking about myself

The hourly pay for agency workers nurses/doctors in the UK is a matter public knowledge and does not call for unnecessary argument or online I too know
If you live in the UK you can even get that information directly by a Formal Freedom of Information request from any hospital near you

A very junior doctor working via an agency will earn £40 an hour whilst a senior can earn £100-150 per hour in a 40 hour week

Woo, fimi'le Mr UK.. I don hear u n ure 100%correct
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Olatara(f): 6:58am On Feb 25, 2022
Roseey0:
Let me ask my first child cry Went into labour at 28weeks and had her prematurely, the doctors and every other person were lost as to how they could help us. She was beautiful kiss, breathing like a champ till they took her away. There was nothing they could do. She came too early and unexpected cry God rest her soul

If this happened in the UK, do you think we would have had a better chance?

If you still don't get it....stay here
All the best
Sorry About that, but anything can happen anywhere even in the UK
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Evidenx(m): 8:10am On Feb 25, 2022
engrrichie92:

I plan to get married this year
Bros nor go. stay put,
with the current events of things happening,people will soon be happy they are in Nigeria and the ones outside country will soon be running home.
Believe me,stay in Nigeria,with the amount you are making monthly you are not suffering.
one love.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 25, 2022
Fredfr33zy:

Anything little thing, japa. Most of these young folks think as soon as getting outside Nigeria everything automatically turns perfect.

Forget them. Most of them are kids, and don't know how money works.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by samuelshosanya(m): 8:22am On Feb 25, 2022
what part of Tech are you into bro
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Please help push to front page for more engagements
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 8:55am On Feb 25, 2022
Tinyemeka:

Do you have a CS degree?
If you don't mind me asking.

Naah
No CS degree
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by armadeo(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
aribisala0:
I am not disagreeing with you grin

I think you missed the point
grin grin
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2022
engrrichie92:

Lol
There is no point

He's someone that thinks he knows yet grossly misinformed ...the fact that he thinks 4K monthly income amounts to 80/90 pounds gross is a testament to why I will not even take him serious

And I'm not at liberty to prove anything to anyone in a faceless forum
A simple declaration of my specialty can blow my cover here hence the term "tech bro"

If he or anyone else thinks this is a lie...it's okay
Abi

Tech bro you are still lying! grin. Dont worry I also dream about winning the lottery. Only thing is I dont start a thread on Nairaland claiming I have won the lottery.

Blow your cover? So the whole world will know who you are if you simply tell us you are a Salesforce architect, React developer e.t.c? You should have been more discreet when you posted on Nairaland about your MI5 cybersecurity job.

Attached is the calculation of the net pay of a employee earning £80,000/annum working for the NHS.

Tech bro needs help from Nairalanders to decide between N60 million (£80,000) in the UK vs N24 million (£30,000) in Nigeria

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 11:54am On Feb 25, 2022
pappilo:

Tech bro you are still lying! grin. Dont worry I also dream about winning the lottery. Only thing is I dont start a thread on Nairaland claiming I have won the lottery.

Blow your cover? So the whole world will know who you are if you simply tell us you are a Salesforce architect, React developer e.t.c? You should have been more discreet when you posted on Nairaland about your MI5 cybersecurity job.

Attached is the calculation of the net pay of a employee earning £80,000/annum working for the NHS.

Tech bro needs help from Nairalanders to decide between N60 million (£80,000) in the UK vs N24 million (£30,000) in Nigeria

Brother Papillo, I am not surprised; I expected people like you when I opened the thread
but then again, I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else really

If you think it is a lie, It is fine

While you are still doubting, I just got an interview invite some 1 hour ago for a US remote job of about 120K USD with other perks (attached) which I am madly excited about already by the way

In your world; things like this may not be possible and I completely understand

Just to also mention; as much as I needed insights especially from people already in UK on this matter (which I have already gotten); a part of this post was also to ignite people's interest in Tech and see the limitless possibilities in the tech space
A lot of people here don't have this information and they need to...

A post like this can actually set someone on the right path; all everyone needs is just the right information and motivation
So I rest my case; and this is the last time I will reply you

Happy doubting sire!

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
engrrichie92:

Brother Papillo, I am not surprised; I expected people like you when I opened the thread
but then again, I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else really

If you think it is a lie, It is fine

While you are still doubting, I just got an interview offer for a US remote job of about 120K USD with other perks (attached)
Why do I feel the next thing from you will be send me the name of the firm; etc

In your world; things like this may not be possible and I completely understand

Just to also mention; as much as I might needed insights especially from people already in UK on this matter (which I have already gotten); a part of this post was also to ignite people's interest in Tech and see the limitless possibilities in the tech space
A lot of people here don't have this information and they need to...

A post like this can actually set someone on the right path; all everyone needs is just the right information and motivation
So I rest my case; and this is the last time I will reply you

Happy doubting sire!

Young bro. I wish you all the best. You are a fellow Nigerian and it looks like you are booksmart so I hope you can make the most of your intelligence. You are into Cybersecurity and IT auditing, good choice. Good luck in your initial telpehone interview and please share your tips with others on Nairaland. Someone must have told you about CISA so pass on the knowledge. the sky is big enough for every bird to fly.

All the best my yute! Peace, I'm out.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 12:12pm On Feb 25, 2022
pappilo:

Young bro. I wish you all the best. You are a fellow Nigerian and it looks like you are booksmart so I hope you can make the most of your intelligence. You are into Cybersecurity and IT auditing, good choice. Good luck in your initial telpehone interview and please share your tips with others on Nairaland. Someone must have told you about CISA so pass on the knowledge. the sky is big enough for every bird to fly.

I said I wont reply again but I will ...one more time

Lol...CIA

I got some mentorship plans in the pipeline already
but not right now; very soon and of course for free;

This post was a starter
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Pilopher: 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
BritishNaija:

Yep
Please don't be angry I want so ask you some questions
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Pilopher:

Ok.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
Pilopher:

Go ahead.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

It's a front page post. He is a mod. Na senseless question. He isnt a tech guy. Recently, moving abroad threads are hot cakes. So, NL mods synchronize topics. But dem dull wella.

Now this post makes sense. The guy has suppressed my post on the front page that called him out. What a loser! grin

Is Seun Osewa aware of this?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
pappilo:

What about CISSP
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Tinyemeka(m): 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
engrrichie92:

Naah
No CS degree

Wow.
That's great.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by hefeeluv: 8:00am On Feb 27, 2022
engrrichie92:

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did!
Happy Sunday sir, am more uplifted with this post, personally have started the journey of web development with alot of resources ranging from w3school to YouTube tutorial, was about getting into JavaScript when my system got damage, pls if you have any unused laptop you can give out i will appreciate alot am a young graduate finance is really not rosey Thanks
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Kaybee7000(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2022
engrrichie92:

Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Am interested in all these also
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Blackblessed500(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
Here to learn
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 4:53pm On Feb 28, 2022
esere826:

Congrats then.

I assume you are Nigerian in the UK.

I love it when we are doing very well.

Best wishes

Sorry, I don't live in UK
hold Canada and US PP
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by trytillmake(m): 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
What tech are u into. do enlighten us
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by mikaj(m): 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
I am in a similar situation. 1.6m monthly in Nigeria or 50k plus pounds annually in the UK.

A difficult decision to make to be honest.

Being well travelled, I know the UK isn't what most people think it is.

Yet I am only considering as the insecurity in Nigeria is definitely what it is; non compos mentis!
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Uyigue12(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2022
mikaj:
I am in a similar situation. 1.6m monthly in Nigeria or 50k plus pounds annually in the UK.

A touch decision to make to be honest.

Being well travelled, I know the UK isn't what most people think it is.

Yet I am only considering as the insecurity in Nigeria is definitely what it is; non compos mentis!
how una dey get this job pls put us through bro abeg
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Chicastle: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
Emir8:
I'm currently working as virtual lecturer for a university in United States for $1,875 a month and I like it. I prefer staying in Nigeria earning dollars than going there.
how do you guys apply for this jobs?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Pejajure(f): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
Emir8:
I'm currently working as virtual lecturer for a university in United States for $1,875 a month and I like it. I prefer staying in Nigeria earning dollars than going there.
Please can you enlighten me on how you got this job. Help a sister
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Emir8: 12:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
Pejajure:

Please can you enlighten me on how you got this job. Help a sister
Do you have a master's degree?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Pejajure(f): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Yes, I do.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Pejajure(f): 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
Yes I do
Emir8:

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Pejajure(f): 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yes, I do.
Emir8:

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by abutujj: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2023
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Please help push to front page for more engagements

This money no to large like that oh but it depends on what you intend to achieve.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact / What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.