Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54562 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Vanzcharles(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Oga, living on 4k pounds in the UK depends on a lot of factors like location, lifestyle , savings and a whole lot of other stuff that only an economist can define .

For example, if you live and work in a place like London , you can't do much with 4k pounds , in fact , na cry you go cry . And except you want to be stingy to your health and people at home , you won't get very far with 4k pounds a month. So if you like ,take it or leave.

You speaking on probability, Newcastle is way more cheaper than London. Before you issue out weird advice make your comparison more reasonable. You can't just say moving to the UK na cry u go cry. Nope it doesn't make sense .

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Lol.

It is clearer you are into corruption. Lol. Tech boys no get your time at all. Die if you wan die in Naija. Those who know, sabi werin we dey talk.

Lol. It s clear you are just a noise maker. Na so dem go dey argue wetin dem no sabi.

If you are a tech guy....if you dey earn $$ ££ or €€ in naija..if you dey operate ewallet...no one will tell you waht to do. Sidon here and keep shouting you earn big in naira. Lol.

A beg shift.

Better shut ur fvckin mouth and stop spittin what u don't know..... You may as well travel down here and denounce your nigerian citizenship, since you feel all dogs abroad are living better than all nigerians here, you go dey dia they worship white man dey see people living in nigeria as worse off than dogs

You horribly stink n reek of serious inferiority complex, if there is a word bigger than that it perfectly describes you, I wonder how bad your insides will look like, it must be horrific, stinking n decaying as as a result of your kind of thoughts

And pls I beg you in the name of God, don't quote me, cos it seems like I've been wasting my time having a conversation with a person who's worse than a beast, And I honestly feel terribly sorry for all the people surrounding you unless y'all are like minded

And please send my condolences to your partner if you have any, cos I can imagine how tough and miserable life would be for that person just by hearing you speak and I do hope and fervently pray the person doesn't end his/her life becos of you
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
cosmatika:

So you want to come to UK and start enjoying Isiewu and nkwobi like you do in Nigeria? Goodluck with that.

Wat happened to cooking your meals at home?

You are right If you avoid Nigerian food you will save a lot of money.
Cooking is economical but stressful for many men especially if you work long hours
If you have the time then it may be done but time is money .
If you leave home at 7 am and return at 6pm . Do you want to come and start cooking

Some are comfortable with that but not everyone.
Some men do not do cooking period!!
If you like to cook you can save a lot of money especially if you avoid supermarkets and visit wholesale markets or Farmer's markets. where restaurants shop. Many people do not bother
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
esere826:

True. but the opportunity is there.
The opportunity comes like a wind every once in a while, and if you are prepared, you just jump into the jet stream and it takes you effortlessly to that destination.

There is that opportunity at the moment with uk and US companies looking for employees.
Some are even doing 2 jobs at a go right now.

If one is not in the right circle, you may miss all of these info.

I have close to 25 year in the tech industry-Insurance company to Banking industry to IBM to government
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Golan007: 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
Semaj77:

Says who

Says I.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Semaj77(m): 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:

Says I.

Na only you fit talk am sha
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Golan007: 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
Semaj77:

Na only you fit talk am sha

You know whether I'm speaking from experience?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cosmatika(m): 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:

You are right If you avoid Nigerian food you will save a lot of money.
Cooking is economical but stressful for many men especially if you work long hours
If you have the time then it may be done but time is money .
If you leave home at 7 am and return at 6pm . Do you want to come and start cooking

Some are comfortable with that but not everyone.
Some men do not do cooking period!!
If you like to cook you can save a lot of money especially if you avoid supermarkets and visit wholesale markets or Farmer's markets. where restaurants shop. Many people do not bother

Anyway I cook my meals. In Nigeria I was eating out, but since I came here, I became mama put. I cook anything you can think of and carry to work cos it's tastier for me.
I'm entitled to 3□ meals at work but I don't fancy their foods
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
AutoC:

Not without experience in UK...that's what I'm saying...people earn 200K pounds per year as senior executives. It's not the possibility I'm talking about its the circumstance
Not true depends on the industry
For an agency worker you will get the going hourly rate
There are opportunities e.g for doctors and nurses, .If you have skills that are in demand and recognized you will be paid .There are niche sectors where you will get paid because they are technical.
If you can drive a truck , can get a work permit and a UK licence you will get good pay

I am not talking about executives but agency workers getting paid by the hour
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Semaj77(m): 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:

You know whether I'm speaking from experience?

Na only you get that experience
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
obailala:
£4k monthly after tax equates to about £70k annually. At that level, the OP would be earning more than 90% of the entire UK salary earners (not just Nigerians living in the UK). Anyone who remotely suggests that that isn't good pay in the UK must really be high on mkpurummiri. undecided

So the income is likely not correct
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
obailala:
A real tragedy of life is when a person can actually read and write, but is just too dull to take his time and read before rushing to regurgitate trash. Go back and read what I wrote, but this time do it slowly. I obviously didnt say anywhere that Nigerians pay taxes; the very fact that you read otherwise already exposes who the dumbfvck truly is.

All I said was that although Nigerians don't pay as much taxes, Nigerian who want to live comfortably end up paying heavily from their pockets for those same amenities which taxes in the UK provides for you. Nigerians who want to live comfortably pay heavily from their pockets for private security, for healthcare, for education (some private schools in parts of Nigeria cost a killing), pay to fix roads etc... You obviously are so used to 'I pass my neighbour' generators, reason why you dont have a clue how much it cost to run a large diesel generator which at least can power several AC's around a house. You also ignorantly talk of solar systems but have no clue how prohibitive it costs to install and operate an offgrid system that can power a full home (with AC's) over a long period.

I would stress it again, you must be a serious ignoramus to even attempt comparing the standard of living you get in the UK with a £4k/month salary AFTER TAX to what you get in Nigeria with a N1.5million monthly salary. A £4k monthly salary after tax equates to about £70k annually, which would place the OP in a better position than over 90% of salary earners in the UK; this is what you carelessly compare to N1.5m in Nigeria?

And lastly, you talk of renting till 80 years old; hopefully you aren't a junkie to be thinking like this cos its only a junkie in the UK who would earn £4k after tax monthly and still be unable to buy a decent property.
[/s] You're being more stupid than necessary but I expected that from a low-balling idiòt that claims to live in the UK when in reality he's just actually living in a face-me-i -face you house in Ijebu Òde .

But let me explain my last post since you're having comprehension issues .

Fact number one : Nigerians don't pay taxes(argue that with the FIRS and the minster of finance). And even if they did, it can't be the same with what you'd pay in the UK or US . It is on record that people in the UK and western nations have one of the toughest tax systems in the world. And this is because their societies are built on PAYE system of taxation.

Fact number two: whatever amount you'd pay on health, water , phone bills, electricity etc cannot (and I repeat , cannot ) be compared to the cost when compared to the Nigerian equivalent. Meaning that , whatever amount you pay in the UK (or whatever European shithole out there ) will always be greater than what you pay over here in terms of cost.

For example , the average cost of dental checkup in the UK is roughly £45 (31,500 naira) . Now compare that to Nigeria where just to see a dentist can't be up to 20k naira ....in fact, there's isn't a hospital in Nigeria that will charge you even 15k just to see a dentist for consultation/check up...quote me anywhere.

Lastly, I asked you questions regarding the standard of living on 4k pounds a month in Nigeria compared to 4k pounds a month in the UK , but you failed to answer ... why ? Why have you brought up matters that have no logical bearing to the questions being asked? But anyway, it's quite unfortunate that Nairaland allowed degenerates like you access . If not why would a retàrd imply that 1.5 million is worthless in Nigeria
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
cosmatika:

Anyway I cook my meals. In Nigeria I was eating out, but since I came here, I became mama put. I cook anything you can think of and carry to work cos it's tastier for me.
I'm entitled to 3□ meals at work but I don't fancy their foods
Go and marry
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
GoodFaith:

So the income is likely not correct
Not necessarily

Migrants often earn more than the National average because they bring uncommon skills
In fact the immigration law now is such that to get a work permit you must have a job offer paying higher than the national average because they only wan to admit high skilled people not cleaners
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
Vanzcharles:

You speaking on probability, Newcastle is way more cheaper than London. Before you issue out weird advice make your comparison more reasonable. You can't just say moving to the UK na cry u go cry. Nope it doesn't make sense .
Oga, I'm not speaking on probability ; I am speaking based on experience. Living on 4k pounds in the UK depends on location and other factors like marriage , number of children,
social responsibilities , and a whole lot of other things .

Secondly, 1.5 million a month in today's Nigeria is good money any day, any time . The purchasing power of 1.5 million in today's Nigeria outweigh whatever purchisng power you may think of with 4k pounds after taxes and other expenses. These are the things you should consider before attacking my post
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cosmatika(m): 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:
Go and marry
My wife just joined me here last week, so na now I dey even chop better food

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Semaj77:

4k pounds is much , not many earn that much ( 48k annually after tax ) , Baba it's much make I no lie. He'll live well off with 2500 pounds monthly and be able to save ,1500 pounds monthly ( approximately 1 million naira monthly savings )
Bros ,stop thinking in Naira and start thinking in pounds equivalent . When you pay your phone bills, electricity, council taxes and a whole lot of other social responsibilities, you'll see that 4k pounds a month (especially in a place like London) isn't enough
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Druss(m): 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
People need to separate hate and envy from their posts. 4k a month is possible. OP go for it. Cost of living is higher but you get so much more than what you get in Nigeria.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Golan007: 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
Semaj77:

Na only you get that experience

Why you come dey argue?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Powersurge: 5:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Please help push to front page for more engagements

4k Pounds is an insult to tech expert. People are earning 250k per annum they are offering u 4k. Because they know u are coming from third world.

4k is VERY VERY low in Uk. Rent per month alone could be as high as 500.

Notwithstanding, Uk experience in your resume might shoot u up for ur next job. Plus naija dey get worse ji

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
esere826:

it is very possible

Never said it wasn't. I asked in which field so I can go and apply.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

LWKMD. No mind these pipu o. No be this same UK wey we dey.

I dont even mind the original question as its good to dream and it is also possible that the chap is talented with a skill in high demand and really got such an offer. I am flaggerbasted at the replies by people saying £4000 net is not enough to live in London grin. Most of these people are in Nigeria o and dont even see N500,000/month. I think they may be equating £4000 to N4000. £80,000 is N60,000,000/year

I would love to send my CV off to that organisation grin
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
some contract workers make $150k
No sick day pay
No vacation pay
No health care pay
No contribution to 401k
for some people this are really issue
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Oga, I'm not speaking on probability ; I am speaking based on experience. Living on 4k pounds in the UK depends on location and other factors like marriage , number of children,
social responsibilities , and a whole lot of other things .

Secondly, 1.5 million a month in today's Nigeria is good money any day, any time . The purchasing power of 1.5 million in today's Nigeria outweigh whatever purchisng power you may think of with 4k pounds after taxes and other expenses. These are the things you should consider before attacking my post

True and False

Depends on what you are buying e.g cars are cheaper in the UK
You won't be operating a generator borehole etc

it all depends on individual expense signature.
Location matters in Nigeria just like in the UK

Living in Lagos is very expensive if you are going to maintain similar standards

healthcare is free in the UK and schools are free.
There are a number of social benefits available that you will not get in Nigeria. For free.
e.g if you are working as a resident and lose your job you would get paid and get your rent paid sometimes in full.
You would have access to credit facilities the rich cannot get in Nigeria e.g wth that salary you could get a 25 year loan @ 5% interest to buy a house. Low interest loans are a gamechanger
Mortgages make a huge difference because you are paying similar to what you would pay for rent but you are paying toward home ownership and once you are a home owner you get better credt
so on purely monetary consideration the UK offer is better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by 77up(m): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
I have never fall for these traveling mantra but on this case bro, JAPA .
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Tallpanther(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did!
bro abeg ..show me the way oo.. Omo u dey cash out o
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
cosmatika:

My wife just joined me here last week, so na now I dey even chop better food
Makes sense.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
efilefun:
Lol, I know a software engineer who got similar offer… 95k even UI UX is getting between 40-80k depending on ur experience. Don’t underrate tech jobs.

This is not the argument. Dont tell me what people earn in an area I work in. I see it every day. There are people that earn between £500 and £1000 day in some contract roles. Go on Jobserve and you'll see dozens of IT jobs offering contracts and permanent positions of over £100,000/year

My argument is how a chap in Nigeria who doesnt have UK industry experience gets offered an £80/000/year or £400/day job when there are thousands of job seekers who have the experience and skills in the UK. I am not saying it is impossible but you'd have to be special and if you were that special surely you wouldnt need to come on Nairaland to ask if you should accept a £6,700/month job in the UK or remain in a £1,900/month job in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:

True and False

Depends on what you are buying e.g cars are cheaper in the UK
You won't be operating a generator borehole etc

it all depends of individual expense signature.
Location matters in Nigeria just like in the UK

Living in Lagos is very expensive if you are going to maintain similar standards

healthcare is free in the UK and schools are free.
There are a number of social benefits available that you will not get in Nigeria. For free.
e.g if you are working as a resident and lose your job you would get paid and get your rent paid sometimes in full.
You would have access to credit facilities the rich cannot get in Nigeria e.g wth that salary you could get a 25 year loan @ 5% interest to buy a house
so on purely monetary consideration the UK offer is better.
You mention "free" as if the op is a citizen of UK who enjoys the benefits citizens enjoy . Oga, health care in the UK is only for English citizens.

Secondly , you talk of the cost of living in Lagos as if 1.5 million can't address that within the twinkle of an eye. I have pals living in Lekki ,and they don't even earn close to a million ,yet they live in houses that rent up to 2million yearly .

Lastly , can you build or buy a house on 4k pounds a month for one year in the UK...? But over here 1.5 million will build you a house in less than 8 months . Yes ,quote me anywhere.

The only advantage I see in traveling and working in the UK is the enrich his portfolio. And that can be done online through remote work
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
You mention "free" as if the op is a citizen of UK who enjoys the benefits citizens enjoy . Oga, health care in the UK is only for English citizens.

Secondly , you talk of the cost of living in Lagos as if 1.5 million can't address that within the twinkle of an eye. I have pals living in Lekki ,and they don't even earn close to a million ,yet they live in houses that rent up to 2million yearly .

Lastly , can you build or buy a house on 4k pounds a month for one year in the UK...? But over here 1.5 million will build you a house in less than 8 months . Yes ,quote me anywhere.

The only advantage I see in traveling and working in the UK is the enrich his portfolio. And that can be done online through remote work

If you do not know keep quiet

When you assert authoritatively on stuff you have no clue about you look stupid

Healthcare in the UK is free for ANYONE who is there legally. ANYONE

You are an ignoramus

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
aribisala0:

If you do not know keep quiet

When you assert authoritatively on stuff you have no clue about you look stupid

Healthcare in the UK is free for ANYONE who is there legally. ANYONE

You are an ignoramus
[/s] I made a mistake talking to this Ijebu idiòt . So legally there tends to means you are residential abi ..? Where do you fools actually crawl out from...anyway, I'm done talking to an Ignorant idiòt
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
Tallpanther:
bro abeg ..show me the way oo.. Omo u dey cash out o
Don't you think go to school or learn the above courses
You will make 100K yearly over night
it might rang from 5 to 25 year for you to make that money
You might not make it in ur life time
work government job 85k or work for car maker 100k
If car sale slow you might not have a job

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter / Embarassing Application Letter By A UNICAL Graduate

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.