Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,873 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54466 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] I made a mistake talking to this Ijebu idiòt . So legally there tends to means you are residential abi ..? Where do you fools actually crawl out from...anyway, I'm done talking to an Ignorant idiòt
On this thread specifically we are talking about a person wth a Visa that allows him to work
If You arrive the UK today on a student visa you are entitled to free healthcare immediately. I believe students now have to pay £150 surcharge but that is very recent
So being here legally simply means you are not here illegally.

If you are here on a work visa you are entitled to free healthcare

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by armadeo(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to stay afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power

Oga 4k a month after tax plenty die unless he carry crowd. Even for a family of 3 -4 you'll be fine. Better jaapa. Find one small town go stay.

Rent, bills and others 2k ( lavida for a small town). 2k profit at the end of the month. Isn't that the 1.5 he's earning now.

Cc drugkills I posted the above before I read your comment. Op 4k is big dough.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ilerioluwa02: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
Stay in Nigeria brother.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
armadeo:

Okay 4k a month after tax plenty die unless he carry crowd. Even for a family of 3 you'll be fine. Better jaapa. Find one small town go stay.

Rent and bills 1750 to 2k ( lavida for a small town). 2k profit at the end of the month. Isn't that the 1.5 he's earning now.
You are right but in Nigeria there are bills too . You do not live for free in Nigeria so it is more than that
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by armadeo(m): 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:
You are right but in Nigeria there are bills too . You do not live for free in Nigeria so it is more than that

You missed the point. After all his bills he'll still have 2k at the end of the month saved up. Which is equivalent to the 1.5 he is earning now. The 1.5 doesn't see the month end complete.

Though I know he's catching cruise cause nobody would bring this offer and be asking for advise. The mathematics speaks for itself.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Salihusaliheen(m): 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
Not worthy of you leaving ur country
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
armadeo:

You missed the point. After all his bills he'll still have 2k at the end of the month saved up. Which is equivalent to the 1.5 he is earning now. The 1.5 doesn't see the month end complete.

Though I know he's catching cruise cause nobody would bring this offer and be asking for advise. The mathematics speaks for itself.

I am not disagreeing with you grin

I think you missed the point

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
armadeo:

Though I know he's catching cruise cause nobody would bring this offer and be asking for advise. The
mathematics speaks for itself.

If it is that straightforward sire...then it won't be this controversial

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ruzzyyy(f): 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
What is product management all about please

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did![/quote]
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Onieda: 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
Just like you dude, I was skeptical about the after tax amount. It's preposterous he knows the after tax amount before his first day on the job.
pappilo:

Tell us the job role and the industry and I will give you average, median and top salaries.

I am in the tech industry in the UK so dont come here and bullshit people. There are a million Asians here wey get brain die and can do magic in tech with their eyes closed but they dont get this kind of pay on a regular. These guys dont need sponsorship visa o.

Na you wey dey Lagos, wey dem dey suspicious of na him dem go offer job of £400/day just like that?

I am not saying it is not possible but you'd have to be in a very niche area and have skills that are very hard to come by. Your after tax yarn just gave it all away... You think say you be footballer?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
If your take home is £4000 after tax That means your gross pay is about £5800

and if you have a family and a good tax adviser you could get a substantial tax rebate

Also if you make contributions to a pension fund the government would top up by 40% up to a maximum of 16000
So if you pay £1000 a month into a pension fund = £12000 a year the government would add £4800.
Check with your employer whether they would be making a pension contribution as well

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by obailala(m): 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're being more stupid than necessary but I expected that from a low-balling idiòt that claims to live in the UK when in reality he's just actually living in a face-me-i -face you house in Ijebu Òde .

But let me explain my last post since you're having comprehension issues .

Fact number one : Nigerians don't pay taxes(argue that with the FIRS and the minster of finance). And even if they did, it can't be the same with what you'd pay in the UK or US . It is on record that people in the UK and western nations have one of the toughest tax systems in the world. And this is because their societies are built on PAYE system of taxation.

Fact number two: whatever amount you'd pay on health, water , phone bills, electricity etc cannot (and I repeat , cannot ) be compared to the cost when compared to the Nigerian equivalent. Meaning that , whatever amount you pay in the UK (or whatever European shithole out there ) will always be greater than what you pay over here in terms of cost.

For example , the average cost of dental checkup in the UK is roughly £45 (31,500 naira) . Now compare that to Nigeria where just to see a dentist can't be up to 20k naira ....in fact, there's isn't a hospital in Nigeria that will charge you even 15k just to see a dentist for consultation/check up...quote me anywhere.

Lastly, I asked you questions regarding the standard of living on 4k pounds a month in Nigeria compared to 4k pounds a month in the UK , but you failed to answer ... why ? Why have you brought up matters that have no logical bearing to the questions being asked? But anyway, it's quite unfortunate that Nairaland allowed degenerates like you access . If not why would a retàrd imply that 1.5 million is worthless in Nigeria
Trash No 1: You dont have to keep explaining and re-explaining the rubbish you wrote earlier. No one argued with you that Nigerians dont pay taxes to the govt. So for you to keep regurgitating the pointless statement, that already speaks volumes on your IQ level. Learn to read before you jump to respond.

Trash No 2: You keep talking about taxes in the UK but how dumb does one have to be to not still realise that the £4k the OP talked about was AFTER TAX? Of what value is your much touted education if you just cant read a damn short paragraph of text?

Again, who is comparing £4k in UK with £4k in Nigeria? Are you so blind or are you inebriated so early in the evening or are you just playing too silly to see that the comparison is between £4k after tax in the UK vs. N1.5m in Nigeria?.... How many times do you have to read different comments on this thread before you realise that?

N1.5m might be a valuable figure in Nigeria, every idiot on the street knows that; but to even remotely insinuate that it bears more value than £4k (after tax) in the UK? No sane human that has truly ever set foot in the UK would attempt such tomfoolery. No one who's lived and worked in Nigeria and the UK would spew such nonsense.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
tems777:
I will comment for the benefit of those who might want to learn from let's say this hypothetical situation
BTW, Ive been in the UK for 24 years, 16 of those in the tech industry and I run a tech company
1. it is not likely but also not impossible that you will get a £4000 after tax offer from Nigeria. I employ people and I am a voice in that industry in the UK

Valid input. I was curious as to how he figured out the the 4k after tax. It's better to always state the pre-tax income or just state the annual income pre or post.

Anyway he's got a good offer.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by benazir(m): 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
4k pounds over there... Here are my reasons.
Any money made after tax is all yours and if you are not extravagant, it is more than enough.
You pay your rent weekly - so, it is easy to budget for that
Feeding over there is cheao compared to what you earn.
When you pay for any services,you have good value for your money without disruption especially utilities like electricity, internet etc.

Above all, security is not 100% but way better than what is obtained here,..,......... This is the option you will never regret follow this person advice careful don't be extravagant. That you friend over their have you ask the kind of life his living there? Good luck you family will forever be grateful.If you can get 2kpound after all expenses what are u waiting for.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
Onieda:
Just like you dude, I was skeptical about the after tax amount. It's preposterous he knows the after tax amount before his first day on the job.
Two things
The stated pay was £4000 a month not £400 a day

What is preposterous about knowing the after tax amount? I do not get that ?
If I am taking a job in a new country I MUST KNOW that information
What is my take home pay?
So you would start working without knowing that?
That is preposterous
You can ask the employer and they will tell you
Tax is not a secret matter in the UK
The government will even help you estimate your tax
https://www.gov.uk/estimate-income-tax
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
obailala:
Trash No 1: You dont have to keep explaining and re-explaining the rubbish you wrote earlier. No one argued with you that Nigerians dont pay taxes to the govt. So for you to keep regurgitating the pointless statement, that already speaks volumes on your IQ level. Learn to read before you jump to respond.

Trash No 2: You keep talking about taxes in the UK but how dumb does one have to be to not still realise that the £4k the OP talked about was AFTER TAX? Of what value is your much touted education if you just cant read a damn short paragraph of text?

Again, who is comparing £4k in UK with £4k in Nigeria? Are you so blind or are you inebriated so early in the evening or are you just playing too silly to see that the comparison is between £4k after tax in the UK vs. N1.5m in Nigeria?.... How many times do you have to read different comments on this thread before you realise that?

N1.5m might be a valuable figure in Nigeria, every idiot on the street knows that; but to even remotely insinuate that it bears more value than £4k (after tax) in the UK? No sane human that has truly ever set foot in the UK would attempt such tomfoolery. No one who's lived and worked in Nigeria and the UK would spew such nonsense.
[/s] More stupidity for the Ijebu idiòt of Nairaland.com
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Semaj77(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros ,stop thinking in Naira and start thinking in pounds equivalent . When you pay your phone bills, electricity, council taxes and a whole lot of other social responsibilities, you'll see that 4k pounds a month (especially in a place like London) isn't enough

My brother earns about 3k pounds , spends about 2k pounds every month for all his amenities ( light , gas , internet , bus ticket , heating
, rent et al ) and food and still sends a substantial amount to his family here in Naija. If earning 3k pounds and is still able to send about 700k home to his family , on what basis are you judging that 1.5m in naira is better than 4k pounds per month . In Nigeria by the time he pays for everything he won't have up to 500k left , his children ( 2 of them ) attend schools where he pays 250k per term here in Nigeria.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by phemmyfour: 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Please help push to front page for more engagements
Uk is the deal, Your N1.5m will be reduced to N600k in value in the next 6 months. Naira is cursed
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Onieda:

Bros,
there are sites you can use to compute your monthly income from your gross

and even if that is not correct, you can ask people working there already

From this thread alone, some mathematician can already guess the gross(mostly incorrect guesses though)
why cant you use thesame maths to compute the net

Somethings are not so hard ...haba

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Kfed4ril(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Nicee to hear from someone already there...thanks a lot
I’m not in the UK and have never been, but who ever said 4k pounds after tax is small that person de mad.
And this is your first Job, you’re into tech and with time must see higher paying jobs or might be promoted.
So my guy japaaa without looking back.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:
Two things
The stated pay was £4000 a month not £400 a day

What is preposterous about knowing the after tax amount? I do not get that ?
If I am taking a job in a new country I MUST KNOW that information
What is my take home pay?
So you would start working without knowing that?
That is preposterous
You can ask the employer and they will tell you
Tax is not a secret matter in the UK
The government will even help you estimate your tax
https://www.gov.uk/estimate-income-tax

God bless thee!!!
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Fhopzy: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
If your first job is 4K Congratulations! It’s huge. I live in England and a fresh graduate earns 2k max. Don’t think twice fly!
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by psucc(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
sleek214:
. Coming from someone with less than 70k salary
Of all the mentions, you are the only person that has stated the truth, nothing but the truth absolute.

How did you get to know so much?

But the truth is that earning N2m monthly, your taste, cravings and wants changes while trying to maximize enjoyment and the money fails to put you up where you wish
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by egunna(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
Izprince:

Problem no dey finish... Just make your move and pray make you no comot from fryer pan enter fire.
irony of life my brother
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
Semaj77:

My brother earns about 3k pounds , spends about 2k pounds every month for all his amenities ( light , gas , internet , bus ticket , heating
, rent et al ) and food and still sends a substantial amount to his family here in Naija. If earning 3k pounds and is still able to send about 700k home to his family , on what basis are you judging that 1.5m in naira is better than 4k pounds per month . In Nigeria by the time he pays for everything he won't have up to 500k left , his children ( 2 of them ) attend schools where he pays 250k per term here in Nigeria.
Bros ,this your calculation get as e be. How can your brother be earning £3k and still be able to settle taxes/ bills worth of £2k, and still send another 700k (£1000) to his family here in 9ja...? Wetin him dey keep for him savings /emergency funds ? Secondly, are his kids schooling in the UK ...? Do you know how much he'll have to pay for health insurance, car insurance and the likes ... has he told you personally ? Many of you at home will be assuming figures but the truth be told, life here is super tough . Especially if you're not a citizen . Mtchwww undecided
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by AutoC: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:
Not true depends on the industry
For an agency worker you will get the going hourly rate
There are opportunities e.g for doctors and nurses, .If you have skills that are in demand and recognized you will be paid .There are niche sectors where you will get paid because they are technical.
If you can drive a truck , can get a work permit and a UK licence you will get good pay

I am not talking about executives but agency workers getting paid by the hour

Ok..motigbo...like yoruba would say, if you planted 10 maize and you said you planted 100..when you finish eating the real 10, you must also eat the fake 90...
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

This is a tricky one but i would say if that is the actual figure then take the Uk offer for a few years and take the experience and savings to start a business in Nigeria just so you have options.
Most Companies quote salaries before tax not after and with IT the range is £2k-£5k annually(not including contractors)so please investigate this company first and your contract.
A family of 4 can live comfortably with way less and cover mortgage,food and bills all inclusive with a bit of savings aside.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Elmander1983(m): 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
U no fit do the maths and weigh your options? No use your head if u like
engrrichie92:

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ashirioluwa: 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

You understand yourself better than us so therefore do whatever you know is better for you. No matter how tough the situation is here in Nigeria some people will still make it big
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by obailala(m): 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] More stupidity for the Ijebu idiòt of Nairaland.com
Lol... loud empty barrels feel they look smart by insulting people.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by esere826: 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
GoodFaith:

I have close to 25 year in the tech industry-Insurance company to Banking industry to IBM to government

You definitely are worth more than 70k per annum then, except you are stuck in an old job due to loyalty.
In that case, you should be looking at moving right now.

Make hay while the sun shines.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by esere826: 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Never said it wasn't. I asked in which field so I can go and apply.

Great.
Hopefully, looking though the responses to this, you no know the field.

Best wishes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.