Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54718 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by introvertious: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
Dont think it twice, Choose UK....y i no fit see this kind opportunity
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by CocoaOla: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
nigeria is a nonsense useless country
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Cloud007: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
Bro.... 4000 in a month? Pls take it. You will move up to 6k in no time. Besides. 4k is more than enough . 2k people survive steadily and even built house in naija.

If your rent is 1k per month..your expense can't be more than 500 pounds in a month. Am sure you will save about 3k(over N2m) in a month in you are not extravagant.

Until you get to UK then you know you are not a big boy for naija.

If you miss this opportunity ehn...

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
Stop to day lie who day pay you 1.5 for Nigeria here. Mods should stop moving all this useless thread to FP

Why do you guys like arguing blindly on this forum, There are still people that receives more than 1.5m in Nigeria. Very sure, Tech is money.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Legendoo: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
UK option is a no brainer.

The average salary in the UK is 28k pounds per annum .

4k per month after tax puts you in the top 10 percentile.

You better move fast before the opportunity goes.

Which kind yeye bill 4k no go solve.

4 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Deicide: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:

What is TECH BRO? what kind of job is that/
No mind them

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:
What's nairaland turning to for Christ sake? Lately now, these things have been threading for some days now. Audio money and job. What sorts of nonsense is this now?
I earn $12k monthly from tech, are u a prophet to know wether I'm lying or not

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by tshtsh: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
You and only you can make this decision. My opinion is that 1.5M a month can do a lot more for you in Nigeria than #4000 will do for you in a city like London. Outside london you can do more. I find life in the UK a bit monotonous and expensive but since tech offers opportunity for mobility I suggest you go for it and move on when another opportunity presents itself.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Theagnosticdude: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
If I were you, I would prefer Russia grin grin
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by fitinwell: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
I tap in this kind of blessing..

Make God do my own

Amen

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by avalon7(m): 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
jojo1415:
1.5 million in Nigeria without taxes is preferable bro

What kinda drugs are you on?
1.5m in Nigeria could be gone anytime as there is no job security in this country or any sort of security at that.
Going to the the UK will open all sorts of doors for you and your family. You can come back at anytime you want
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Deicide: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
BritishNaija:

Why do you guys like arguing blindly on this forum, There are still people that receives more than 1.5m in Nigeria. Very sure, Tech is money.
What exactly is the tech? Is tech name of a job?

3 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by na2016: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
OP: £4000/month after tax in the UK is a lot of money. You don't need to pay money from this amount for your health, initial education of your kids, etc. Aside from rent (even with that), you will be able to save and live comfortably. I will strongly suggest you pick the job and move to the UK and try not to womanize.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by chiedozie198100: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
I hope those telling you to japa know that in Uk it's 48,000 pounds per annum AS against 18, million naira in nigeria.

compare cost of living in the UK to Naija.
compare how much you'll use to 'settle' naija folks
when you get married do you think 48,000 pounds can carry u n ur family.

18M in naija is a super big boy status any day any time. u can build a portable house n buy a good car n still ball out well just in one year with 18M.

look before you leap oo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by hmohammed(m): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
h
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by ugwum007(m): 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
I had an offer like than from Europe but I turned it down.
My remote job pays 1.5M monthly. It is better for me to stay in Nigeria and hustle for such amounts.

8 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
BritishNaija:

Don't mind dem, very cursed, broke ass, hungry, bitter and jealous haters of legal yahoo boys

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Emir8: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
I'm currently working as virtual lecturer for a university in United States for $1,875 a month and I like it. I prefer staying in Nigeria earning dollars than going there.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
What exactly is the tech? Is tech name of a job?

People into Softwares to be specific.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Alusiizizi(m): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

@lalasticlala...please help push to front page for more engagements

Save yourself some deep heartache while you can. #1.5 Million any day of the week.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by SALVATION30(m): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Bro choose UK. It's an all-in-one opportunity package: job security, wide occupational mobility, legal migration, security, interrupted utilities,...
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Roseey0(f): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
Let me ask my first child cry Went into labour at 28weeks and had her prematurely, the doctors and every other person were lost as to how they could help us. She was beautiful kiss, breathing like a champ till they took her away. There was nothing they could do. She came too early and unexpected cry God rest her soul

If this happened in the UK, do you think we would have had a better chance?

If you still don't get it....stay here
All the best

6 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Golan007: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
dawnomike:
4k pounds over there... Here are my reasons.
Any money made after tax is all yours and if you are not extravagant, it is more than enough.
You pay your rent weekly - so, it is easy to budget for that
Feeding over there is cheao compared to what you earn.
When you pay for any services,you have good value for your money without disruption especially utilities like electricity, internet etc.

Above all, security is not 100% but way better than what is obtained here

He would not pay his rent weekly but monthly.

Per month, he would spend at least 1.2k pounds for rent if he wants to live anywhere close to his standard in Nigeria.

Even at that he wouldn't have a big home except he's living in a rural area without friends and access to Naija food.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Deicide: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
So they have reformatted YAHOO YAHOO and they are now calling it TECH

4 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
Senomi:

Bia, how the question take useless?
The idiots wey dey tell op to japa is like they don't know what's really going in abroad, abroad recession never hit una
Which recession bro?

Tech guys have access to information. This is an era of information. A tech guy in naija is more informed than an average guy in the UK. Everything is online.

Please, show me where recession is in the UK. Recession is not Brexit. Brexit is a massive opportunity for Africans to fill the gaps left by EU. So, it is the best opportunity so far. The opportunities will soon close after the UK successfully replaces vacancies left by EUs.

I guess you arent a tech person which I dont have any issue against you. But he called himself a tech person and is asking such a senseless question.

So, if it was a nurse, you would tell the nurse to remain in Naija because there is a recession you created yourself in the UK?

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
meetgaya:
UK at all cost. Don't ever miss this opportunity
Bro calm down, cost of living in the u.k is expensive o! shocked
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by gadgetplanetng: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
If you're living in London it's not much

If you're living in a cheaper city it's okay.

Live close to work,

Use public transport (cars are a huge expense)

Cook at home (food cost here and there isn't that different) & you should be fine.

Check what you have after taxes, NI, pensions and the rest and compare with cost of living where you'd be staying

You'd only have money issues if you want to show off

Note: NHS takes full care of your health so no unexpected medical bills, Your kids schooling too is taken care of.

Also when you get in, Jobs in the US/Canada pay better.

engrrichie92:

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by lomprico(m): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
Stupid stupid thread

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
Emir8:
I'm currently working as virtual lecturer for a university in United States for $1,875 a month and I like it. I prefer staying in Nigeria earning dollars than going there.
So u mean 4000 pounds is useless in the uk

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
jojo1415:
1.5 million in Nigeria without taxes is preferable bro
True talk
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
kowalsky:

I'd say stay in Nigeria and double your remote hustle untill you get a better paying gig.

With 1.5m in Nigeria you can live like a king.

$4000 monthly in the UK is base salary

Look at this broke fool in Okokomaiko saying £4000/month is base salary. £48,000 a year in a country where the average salary is £25,000. Have you seen an airport before? Does anyone if your family members in Europe earn even half that amount?

7 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

Lol
Just keep calm bro

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Vacancies: FG Announces Job Recruitment Into Ministries / Invitation For Computer-based Test At MTN Maritime House / FG MDAs That Are Currently Recruiting/Replacing [2016]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.