Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? (3618 Views)

Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? / Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
MindHacker9000:

So GOD created other creatures perfect!

since God didn't PROGRAM humans like other creatures our rebelliousness has caused all the troubles on this planet!
It's humans that supposed to take charge of all other creatures on this planet, ordering them on what they're supposed to do {Genesis 1:26-28} but after man's rebellion all the creatures also lost the regard they supposed to have for man because that glory to take charge has left us! Romans 3:23
For your information even the mosquito was not created to suck human's blood it's due to our rebellion that made all the animals turned against us and when their supposed king (human) has lost his glory lawlessness sets in.
That's why they're now feasting on one another! smiley
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
MindHacker9000:

I will respond to your post one by one in new posts.

Why is it a “culture smacks of European bigotry”, were they not amazed by the advanced bronze sculptures they took away to Europe. Same way the Romans were amazed at the Jewish religion based on Jewish scrolls which made up their religious messianic prophesies and not statures which were the Romans own way of their religion.
Where the Romans practicing the New Testament based on the Old Testement before they occupied Israel. The answer is NO, so how come later they are now worshipping a Jewish GOD which they have even taken around the world, why do you not see this to be [religion smacks of European bigotry]. From the historical account in the video the Jews were able to initially defeat the Romans.

I said your description of the spiritual beliefs of Benin as “juju” smacks of European bigotry but you seem to have conflated issues. Nevertheless, the god the Romans and the Europeans later exported to the world was made in their own image and the denigration of other people has been based on it.

MindHacker9000:

The word joujou in French in no way implies that West Africans derived the name and practice from the name joujou in French.
Juju or ju-ju (French: joujou, lit. 'plaything')[1][2] is a spiritual belief system incorporating objects, such as amulets, and spells used in religious practice in West Africa[3] by the people of Ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon.[4] The term has been applied to traditional African religions.[5]
In a general sense the term "juju" can be used to refer to magical properties dealing with good luck.[6]
History

The term "juju" appeared in connection with the Priest-Kings of towns in West Africa, upon whom the prosperity of towns was believed to depend.[7] This is recorded by Sir James George Frazer in Folk-Lore (Vol. XXVI.) He prints, under the title A Priest-King in Nigeria, a communication received from Mr. P. A. Talbot, District Commissioner in S. Nigeria. The writer states that the dominant Ju-Ju of Elele, a town in the N.W. of the Degema district, is a Priest-King, elected for a term of seven years. "The whole prosperity of the town, especially the fruitfulness of farm, byre, and marriage-bed, was linked with his life. Should he fall sick, it entailed family of gana and grave disaster upon the inhabitants."[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juju

I didn’t say nor imply that West Africans derived the term or practice of “juju” from the Europeans. You post even supports my point that “juju” is a slur by Europeans. Do you read/watch your sources before posting?
In the same vein, christianity is juju and so is Judaism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
killyaselfie:

I didn’t say nor imply that West Africans derived the term or practice of “juju” from the Europeans. You post even supports my point that “juju” is a slur by Europeans. Do you read/watch your sources before posting?

killyaselfie:

The word juju is believed to be derived from the French “joujou” meaning plaything.

You said above that "The word juju is believed to be derived from the French “joujou” meaning plaything." And my response below was exactly to what you said.

MindHacker9000:

The word joujou in French in no way implies that West Africans derived the name and practice from the name joujou in French.
Juju or ju-ju (French: joujou, lit. 'plaything')[1][2] is a spiritual belief system incorporating objects, such as amulets, and spells used in religious practice in West Africa[3] by the people of Ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon.[4] The term has been applied to traditional African religions.[5]
In a general sense the term "juju" can be used to refer to magical properties dealing with good luck.[6]
History

The term "juju" appeared in connection with the Priest-Kings of towns in West Africa, upon whom the prosperity of towns was believed to depend.[7] This is recorded by Sir James George Frazer in Folk-Lore (Vol. XXVI.) He prints, under the title A Priest-King in Nigeria, a communication received from Mr. P. A. Talbot, District Commissioner in S. Nigeria. The writer states that the dominant Ju-Ju of Elele, a town in the N.W. of the Degema district, is a Priest-King, elected for a term of seven years. "The whole prosperity of the town, especially the fruitfulness of farm, byre, and marriage-bed, was linked with his life. Should he fall sick, it entailed family of gana and grave disaster upon the inhabitants."[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juju
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
MindHacker9000:

You said above that "The word juju is believed to be derived from the French “joujou” meaning plaything." And my response below was exactly to what you said.

MindHacker9000:

The article you cited supported my point and contradicted what you wrote.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
killyaselfie:

The article you cited supported my point and contradicted what you wrote.

I was referring to the religion itself and not the word Juju, the French having a the word does not mean the Juju religion originated from the French, which was why I referred to it as Juju religion in my analogy.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
MindHacker9000:

I was referring to the religion itself and not the word Juju, the French having a the word does not mean the Juju religion originated from the French, which was why I referred to it as Juju religion in my analogy.

The point you are missing is that there is no such thing as “juju religion” because the word juju itself is a slur created by Europeans to denigrate other people’s beliefs. You, calling it “juju religion”, are thereby adopting an European slur to describe Benin’s spirituality.

To make it clear, I don’t mean that Benin’s beliefs are derived from the French but that the word “juju” is derived from the French slur “play thing”.

So Judaism can be referred to as Jewish “joujou religion” making your GOD Jew juju. Jujuju

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
killyaselfie:
The point you are missing is that there is no such thing as “juju religion” because the word juju itself is a slur created by Europeans to denigrate other people’s beliefs. You, calling it “juju religion”, are thereby adopting an European slur to describe Benin’s spirituality.

To make it clear, I don’t mean that Benin’s beliefs are derived from the French but that the word “juju” is derived from the French slur “play thing”.

So Judaism can be referred to as Jewish “joujou religion”.

I get what you mean, but it was the best way to make the analogy. If we are to go by your perception on every word we write then it will be difficult to respond to any post as you will not even accept the word Nigeria grin grin grin as the people of Nigeria we not Nigerians until the Europeans can.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
MindHacker9000:

I get what you mean, but it was the best way to make the analogy.

I understood your analogy. The point of contention was your description of the Benin beliefs.

MindHacker9000:

If we are to go by your perception on every word we write then it will be difficult to respond to any post as you will not even accept the word Nigeria grin grin grin as the people of Nigeria we not Nigerians until the Europeans can.

I can’t speak for other people’s perception but mine is wary of Eurocentric perspectives that are usually wrong and meant to assert European superiority. Part of my perception involves parsing words and trying to understand their meaning and etymology if I can.

My acceptance of the word Nigeria is based on context.
e.g. the ancestry tests that some people take give their ethinicity as “Nigerian”. In this context, it doesn’t make a lick of sense because there is no such thing as a Nigerian ethnicity but it doesn’t stop people from saying things like “I’m 24% Nigerian”. And yes, the Eurocentric types are the ones assigning this stupidity to people who don’t know better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by orisa37: 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
immortalcrown:
Because humans have roles in determining how the world should be for humans. If God gives us a perfect world, our potential will be purposeless.

God is good. I
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by orisa37: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
OFFER PRAYS FOR ACCEPTANCE.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by Myer(m): 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Why is this a day of shit filled people?

Before a beautiful cake was made, it was a messy mix of eggs, milk and flour. (Raw materials). Same for Ferrari, Lamborghini, even food and soups.

So, how can you people be so unjust and evil to not appreciate the value of raw materials before they are made into beautiful perfect creations?

Ah! Lord please Come!

Truly, taking corrections with humility is a gift from God.
Good bye.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by oaroloye(m): 9:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
SHALOM!

God created the Earth perfect- and mankind, to keep It so.

. GENESIS 1:26-28.

26. And God Said,

"Let us make Man in Our Image, after Our Likeness:
and let them have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air, and over the Cattle,
and over all the Earth,
and over every Creeping Thing
that Creepeth upon the Earth.
27. So God created Man in His Own Image,
in The Image of God created He him;
male and female created He them.
28. And God Blessed them,
and God said unto them,
"Be fruitful, and multiply,
and replenish the Earth,
and subdue It:
and have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air,
and over every Living Thing
that moveth upon the Earth.”

HOWEVER, MAN HAS GIVEN OVER DOMINION OVER ALL THE EARTH TO ONE OF OUR SUBORDINATES- THE SERPENT.

. GENESIS 3:1-19.

NOW the Serpent was more subtil
than any Beast of the Field
which the LORD God had made.
And he said unto the woman,

"Yea, hath God Said,

'YE SHALL NOT EAT
OF EVERY TREE OF THE GARDEN?' "

2. And the woman said unto the Serpent,

"We may eat of the fruit of the Trees of the Garden:
3. "But of the fruit of the Tree
which is in the midst of the Garden,
God hath Said,

'YE SHALL NOT EAT OF IT,
NEITHER SHALL YE TOUCH IT,
LEST YE DIE.' "

4. And the Serpent said unto the woman,

"Ye shall not surely die:
5. "For God doth know
that in the Day ye eat thereof,
then your eyes shall be opened,
and ye shall be as gods,
knowing Good and Evil."

6. And when the woman saw
that the Tree was good for food,
and that it was pleasant to the eyes,
and a Tree to be desired to make one Wise,
she took of the fruit thereof,
and did eat,
and gave also
unto her husband with her;
and he did eat.
7. And the eyes of them both were opened,
and they knew that they were naked;
and they sewed fig leaves together,
and made themselves aprons.
8. And they heard The Voice of The LORD God
walking in the Garden in the cool of the day:
and Adam and his wife hid themselves
from The Presence of The LORD God
amongst the trees of the Garden.
9. And The LORD God called unto Adam,
and Said unto him,

" Where art thou?"

10. And he said,

"I heard Thy Voice in the Garden,
and I was afraid,
because I was naked;
and I hid myself."

11. And He Said,

"Who told thee that thou wast naked?
Hast thou eaten of the Tree,
whereof I Commanded thee
that thou shouldest not eat?"

12. And the Man said,

"The Woman whom thou gavest to be with me,
she gave me of the tree,
and I did eat.”

13. And The LORD God Said unto the Woman,

"What is this that thou hast done?"

And the Woman said,

"The Serpent beguiled me,
and I did eat."

14 And The LORD God Said unto the Serpent,

"Because thou hast done this,
thou art cursed above all cattle,
and above every beast of the field;
upon thy belly shalt thou go,
and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15. "And I will put Enmity
between thee and the Woman,
and between thy seed and her seed;
it shall bruise thy head,
and thou shalt bruise his heel."

16. Unto the Woman He said,

"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow
and thy conception;
in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children;
and thy desire shall be to thy husband,
and he shall rule over thee.”

17. And unto Adam He Said,

"Because thou hast hearkened unto
the voice of thy wife,
and hast eaten of the tree,
of which I Commanded thee,
Saying,

'THOU SHALT NOT EAT OF IT:'

Cursed is the ground for thy sake;
in sorrow shalt thou eat of it
all the days of thy life;
18. "Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee;
and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19. "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread,
till thou return unto the ground;
for out of it wast thou taken:
for dust thou art,
and unto dust shalt thou return."

WHO IS LITERALLY [/i]RUNNING IT INTO THE GROUND.

. [i]LUKE 10:16-24.

16. "He that heareth you heareth me;
and he that despiseth you despiseth me;
and he that despiseth me
despiseth him that sent me."

17. And the seventy returned again with joy,
saying,

"Lord, even the Devils are subject unto us
through thy Name."

18. And he Said unto them,

"I beheld Satan as lightning fall from Heaven.
19. "Behold, I give unto you Power
to tread on Serpents and Scorpions,
and over all the Power of the Enemy:
and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
20. "Notwithstanding in this rejoice not,
that the spirits are subject unto you;
but rather rejoice,
because your Names are written in Heaven."

21. In that Hour
Jesus rejoiced in spirit,
and Said,

"I thank Thee,
O Father,
Lord of Heaven and Earth,
that thou hast hid these things
from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them unto babes:
even so, Father;
for so it seemed Good in Thy Sight.
22. "All things are delivered to me of my Father:
and no man knoweth who The Son is,
but The Father;
and Who The Father is,
but The Son,
and he to whom The Son
will reveal him."

23. And he turned him unto his Disciples,
and said privately,

"Blessed are the eyes
which see the things that ye see:
24. "For I Tell you,

'THAT MANY PROPHETS AND KINGS
HAVE DESIRED TO SEE
THOSE THINGS WHICH YE SEE,
AND HAVE NOT SEEN THEM;
AND TO HEAR THOSE THINGS
WHICH YE HEAR,
AND HAVE NOT HEARD THEM.' "

But God has given us a second chance, through The Power of The Name of Yeshua, to regain control, and reverse what The Devil has done to the Earth.

Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:20am On Feb 26, 2022
Myer:

Truly, taking corrections with humility is a gift from God.
Good bye.

If you are saying that you would have appreciated a gentle correction, then I apologize for my sharp words, for they were born out of seeing the evil unfairness, injustice and stupid stupidity.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 11:10am On Feb 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's humans that supposed to take charge of all other creatures on this planet, ordering them on what they're supposed to do {Genesis 1:26-28} but after man's rebellion all the creatures also lost the regard they supposed to have for man because that glory to take charge has left us! Romans 3:23
For your information even the mosquito was not created to suck human's blood it's due to our rebellion that made all the animals turned against us and when their supposed king (human) has lost his glory lawlessness sets in.
That's why they're now feasting on one another! smiley

All these are just your opinion. It is not supported anywhere in the original Bible..
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 11:20am On Feb 26, 2022
killyaselfie:

I said your description of the spiritual beliefs of Benin as “juju” smacks of European bigotry but you seem to have conflated issues. Nevertheless, the god the Romans and the Europeans later exported to the world was made in their own image and the denigration of other people has been based on it.

In one breath you make a valid point in another ,your ignorance is laid bare.
My assessment of you is that you are tormented by the written words because you don't understand the message that is conveyed within the story or it might just be your usual self. I never for once said dwell on the written words but the message they convey. And I went further to say the jewish belief and the igbo belief are exactly alike...

The stories that has been built around the belief is what is different the message they convey is the same and consistent....

The jews used David and Goliath , and the igbos uses Emeka and ifeanyi...does not mean they are different, the message in both is that the God inside of you is greater than the obstacle in front of you....

I really don't know how else to stress it..
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 11:27am On Feb 26, 2022
killyaselfie:

Omenani and Ifa confirm that Jew boy in the video is full of it.

Asswipe...learn to read a story and understand the message in it. Don't let The written word to kill you.

#theletterkilleth
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Which God created the imperfect world you speak of? This since the God of the Bible is written to have created a perfect World- by His standard, He gave it a rating of Good.... His highest rating , mind you. undecided

The one the author of Genesis said created the heaven and the earth. The same one the yorubas call Eledumare and the igbos call chukwu....same God...

Everything he created was good.and are his properties.(including the entity you call devil). He has assigned jobs and functions for all his creation .
The world is not perfect, we still have rainstorm, sand storms, tsunami, tonedos earthquakes....it is for us to make it more habitable for ourselves and other creations....

Hope you are not a lay-about. Get up and keep working and moving..
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

Asswipe...learn to read a story and understand the message in it. Don't let The written word to kill you.

#theletterkilleth

Dumb animal. The silly letter will killeth you.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
killyaselfie:

Dumb animal. The silly letter will killeth you.

Why are you dwelling on the story..

Learn the message in it. That is why it was written.

Those who wrote it are not historian..they never said they witnessed the events..
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

In one breath you make a valid point in another ,your ignorance is laid bare.
My assessment of you is that you are tormented by the written words because you don't understand the message that is conveyed within the story or it might just be your usual self. I never for once said dwell on the written words but the message they convey. And I went further to say the jewish belief and the igbo belief are exactly alike...

The stories that has been built around the belief is what is different the message they convey is the same and consistent....

The jews used David and Goliath , and the igbos uses Emeka and ifeanyi...does not mean they are different, the message in both is that the God inside of you is greater than the obstacle in front of you....

I really don't know how else to stress it..

You already know my assessment of you. Let me reiterate you dumb slavish piece of shit.

The day you start posting the omenani instead of Jew shit is the day I lay off you.

Fucking bastard will say David is fictional in one breath then say his Jew masters are waiting for some shit called messiah that’s from the line of David in the next breath. Schizo.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

Why are you dwelling on the story..

Learn the message in it. That is why it was written.

Those who wrote it are not historian..they never said they witnessed the events..

A million stories with messages but you act as if Jew shit is the end all be all. What silly message are you learning in it. To be a subservient Jew worshipping cretin? Afterall, the message wasn’t sent to you.

People without your slavish mentality already know they are were not historians and didn’t witness what they wrote.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by Kobojunkie: 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

The one the author of Genesis said created the heaven and the earth. The same one the yorubas call Eledumare and the igbos call chukwu....same God...

Everything he created was good.and are his properties.(including the entity you call devil). He has assigned jobs and functions for all his creation .
The world is not perfect, we still have rainstorm, sand storms, tsunami, tonedos earthquakes....it is for us to make it more habitable for ourselves and other creations....

Hope you are not a lay-about. Get up and keep working and moving..
For the umpteenth time, Stop rambling and go take your medication abeg! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
killyaselfie:

You already know my assessment of you. Let me reiterate you dumb slavish piece of shit.

The day you start posting the omenani instead of Jew shit is the day I lay off you.

Fucking bastard will say David is fictional in one breath then say his Jew masters are waiting for some shit called messiah that’s from the line of David in the next breath. Schizo.

Context.

Understand context first...

Agbero
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

All these are just your opinion. It is not supported anywhere in the original Bible..
So you have that original Bible shey? cheesy
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 12:45pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
For the umpteenth time, Stop rambling and go take your medication abeg! undecided

Hahaha haha..

When you grow up, this is what you will know...

Milk for babies

Meat for adults..
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So you have that original Bible shey? cheesy

Yes, that's the tanakh..
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

Yes, that's the tanakh..
Where's/ What's your proof?
Remember i'm not asking for STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!
But practical benefits of your so called original because the only proof of ORIGINAL is it's positive result in the gathering of those making use of it in the right sense! smiley
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

Context.

Understand context first...

Agbero

Understand allegories first then you’d stop running around confused about whether the Jew shit you post is fiction or real. Demented cretin.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by killyaselfie: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

Yes, that's the tanakh..

Definitely not the omenani. Slave.
Re: Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? by sonmvayina(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
killyaselfie:

Definitely not the omenani. Slave.

Asswipe.
This is not about igbo culture...

We are talking about Bible.in any case, it also applies in igbo culture. Go to the east of Nigeria and see. Not now that they are lost and following the yoruba and their dangerous rituals.....For money.

The typical igbois enterprising...

How did you even get past primary six?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

At Convention, RCCG Announces 20 New Provinces, Ordains 10,720 Officers / My Apology To The Church Of Christ By Sis Margret Amure / Tares Among The Wheat!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.