Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,562 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media (27595 Views)

Sweden Officially Joins NATO, Ending Decades Of Neutrality / Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by DoggoneDogg: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

What’s a deadly nuke? Do you have a deadly gun.

Russia does not have anything more than NATO.

Go confirm and get back. Not arguing blindly!

NATO’s nuclear power is almost X3 of what Russia got. Is alone Outnumber them in jets and bombers excluding NATO.

No way Russia can win a war with the addition of China and Iran. NATO is heavily armed and all the diplomacy is because of humanity. No way Russia will win a single war in one trillion times

Ignore all this chest beating. I myself can threaten the world today if I have a nuclear weapon.

Russia military that is outdated. A whole Russia with just one aircraft carrier…. lol.

Go check statistics and get back to argue. Statistics will tell you that no way Russia will survive for 48 hours if NATO bombards!
[/s]

Yet your almighty NATO C with all these fictional super stats cannot engage small Russia grin

3 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by gambojimeta: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2022
obailala:

What's the point attacking mushroom states?

Putin's simply trying to prevent his mistakes of the past, i.e. letting those small states on it's borders to join NATO. Ukraine and Belarus are the big fishes here.
Lithuania and Latvia are richer than Ukraine. And the three can launch fast and quick attack from the US based in those countries. Not sure what you mean by mushroom states.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2022
Poopypants:
a country that isn’t part of NATO wants the protection of NATO? nah.
is Libya a member of NATO?so what did they go and do in 2011

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by okeysoninv: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2022
angelfallz:
NATO is an organisation created to contain Russia.
Ukraine joining NATO and bringing the NATO military hardware and missiles right to the doorstep of Russia is the bone of contention. And it is completely unacceptable, because it threatens Russian sovereignty.
Putin has repeatedly sort assurances that Ukraine would not join NATO and that NATO would stop expanding towards Russian borders, but he was ignored now Putin is reacting and many people are crying foul, what a world.
Ukraine is not a member of NATO and won't be even in next 10yrs. Putin your personal Lord and savior said Ukraine is not a nation. Therefore Ukraine has no sovereignty that is bone of contention here. Putians like you should put things straight the way your Master said it. Russia is not that strong nation ..they posses large cache of nuke weapons which nations are afraid of.
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by gambojimeta: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

NATO do intervene in non-member countries. Libya is a good example
That was at the special request of the United Nations security Council which Russia is also a permanent member.

Russia would veto a UNSC order to attack Russia. So not possible that NATO steps in.

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by DoggoneDogg: 9:21am On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
aluyapreston:

When they say NATO is afraid. it is not of Russia but more of the end of humanity. Russia has enough Nukes to hit the world. USA has enough Nukes to clean the world. Putin gave the body language that if NATO intervened he will use Nuke. The US and others are not prepared for that. There are no winners in Nuclear war. only fire, radiation, and crates all over the earth. even you and your family will die. So don't think there is a show or strength. US is only standing with humanity which Russia has no problem ending. US, Russia, and Poverty-stricken analysts like yourself no be Nuclear bombs mate. it is simply oblivion. so get sense for your parents and unborn children's sake
[/s]

Too many words for "I no get liver".. grin
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by Reference(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2022
anonymous1759:

Yinmu is America wants to fight Russia they’ll admit Ukraine into NATO.nothing stops them but fear. Open your eyes .

Doesn't work that way.
NATO is not a Sunday afternoon tennis club.
For a country to be admitted it must meet very stringent political, economic, legal and military requirements.
The latter is one big hindrance to Ukraine.

Its military's TRADOC, equipment and systems are essentially Russian and NATO will not incorporate them into its systems. This is the problem Turkey has with NATO that has threatened to end its alliance.
Turkey moved to purchase and commission Russia's S400 air defense packages and NATO feels it will compromise its strike capabilities via intel leakages.

Zelensky should have moved quickly to reform his military and join NATO.
Now that dream is over in our lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by angelfallz(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2022
Lol check the distance sir. Missiles positioned in Ukraine would reach Moscow (the capital of Russia) in less time, than any of those countries you showed in your picture.
Below is an excerpt from an answer on Quora about why Ukraine is different from Estonia or Latvia.

By the way, why is Ukraine an absolute red line for Russia after so many other countries joined NATO? Come on, you only have to look at it. Ukraine is no Estonia or Latvia. It's a huge country. Its Black Sea coastline is 3,000 kilometers long, which means it is easily able to threaten Russia's naval access to the Black Sea (and hence to the Mediterranean) even after Russia retook the small Crimean peninsula. Its land border with Russia is 2,000 kilometers long, and the terrain between Ukraine and Russia is wide and flat and leads right to Moscow and St. Petersburg. The Russian capital is 450 km from the Ukrainian border. Ukraine was the dominant pathway of Hitler's invasion in WW2. Napoleon went through Belarus. Both got to Moscow in no time.

You can click on this link to read the entire answer on quora.
https://www.quora.com/Russia-has-launched-a-full-scale-invasion-of-Ukraine-What-happens-now/answer/Kanthaswamy-Balasubramaniam?ch=15&oid=340634828&share=a430e34d&srid=uT7V2k&target_type=answer

gambojimeta:

NATO is already at the border since early 2000. An attack on Moscow can also be launched from any of those 3 countries.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by Babinski: 9:22am On Feb 25, 2022
Guyman02:

https://www.rt.com/russia/550546-zelensky-nato-ukraine-neutrality/

This is just plain propaganda from Russia. They are not the mouthpiece of Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by DoggoneDogg: 9:22am On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
Poopypants:
a country that isn’t part of NATO wants the protection of NATO? nah.
[/s]

So why are US/NATO "sanctioning" Russia?
Answer grin
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by Gbajure(m): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Ukraine wanted to chill with the big boys but everyone is gangsta till Putin shows up

Note to all those pro-US noisemakers here.

Russia has the deadliest nuke in the world
Russia has the fastest missile in the world
Russia has the largest bomb in the world
Russia has the best missile defence system in the world
Russia has the worst war terrain in the world

Nuff said.

Russia has the deadliest nuke delivery system in the world, the Sarmat.

Russia has the fastest missile in the world. Zircon, Avangard, Kinzal

Russia has the largest bomb in the world. Tzar thermonuclear bomb.

Russia has the the biggest long range bomber in the world. Tupolev Tu-160.

Russia has the best missile defence system in the world, S400 and S500.

Russia has the world only unlimited range nuclear drone torpedo in the world. Poseidon.

Russia has the world deadliest submarines. Akula and Borei class subs

Russia has the worst war terrain in the world. Nazists alive will confirm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by aluyapreston: 9:23am On Feb 25, 2022
justmi1:

Don't be dumb, the US intervention would see almost if not all of us dead and the earth become a radioactive waste land.

The USA has value for humanity, you don't just start a fight with a nuclear armed country led by someone who doesn't care about humanity.

Moreover Ukraine is not part NATO yet. Everyone has thier part to play. This is world politics; a lot of permutations at play.

you are answering the fool? as long as there are nukes, whether slow or fast, means death for all. missiles, aircraft, technology, and other shit become useless against nukes. everybody will die. why don't people actually understand that it is Russia that is threatening humanity? How difficult is that to see. so a full-grown adult thinks that it is because Russia will beat the US in war if it happens that is why they are backing out. then these people clearly don't understand what damage powerheads can cause. US and Russia have enough Powerheads to strike the globe at a go. everything will be radioactive waste.
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by Poopypants: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

So why are US/NATO "sanctioning" Russia?
Answer grin
because russia is invading a sovereign country.
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by DoggoneDogg: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
Poopypants:
because russia is invading a sovereign country.
[/s]

So that makes it a United Nations problem, not NATO/US.
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by obailala(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2022
gambojimeta:

Lithuania and Latvia are richer than Ukraine. And the three can launch fast and quick attack from the US based in those countries. Not sure what you mean by mushroom states.
For Russia, that water has already gone under the bridge. There's nothing much they can do about those states again. I believe with Ukraine they're simply trying to prevent their mistakes of the past (i.e. letting Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia join NATO).
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by tamdun: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2022
gambojimeta:
NATO can't provide a security umbrella for Ukraine since it's not a member. That's not so difficult to understand.

Here is NATO protecting their members (former Soviet states of Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania) from a potential Russian agression/invasion.
Nato cannot fight for non members but can push them to war abi grin

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by DoggoneDogg: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2022
Gbajure:

Russia has the deadliest nuke delivery system in the world, the Sarmat.

Russia has the fastest missile in the world. Zircon, Avangard, Kinzal

Russia has the largest bomb in the world. Tzar thermonuclear bomb.

Russia has the the biggest long range bomber in the world. Tupolev Tu-160.

Russia has the best missile defence system in the world, S400 and S500.

Russia has the world only unlimited range nuclear drone torpedo in the world. Poseidon.

Russia has the world deadliest submarines. Akula and Borei class subs

Russia has the worst war terrain in the world. Nazists alive will confirm.

You, comrade, are knowledgeable. grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by gambojimeta: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2022
obailala:
For Russia, that water has already gone under the bridge. There's nothing much they can do about those states again. I believe with Ukraine they're simply trying to prevent their mistakes of the past (i.e. letting Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia join NATO).
Okay. Understandably
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by aluyapreston: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Too many words for "I no get liver".. grin

No need. This one na Buhari Zombie. I no know before. No vex sir
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by angelfallz(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2022
You're wrong sir.
Ukraine joining NATO and having missiles that can reach Moscow (the capital of Russia) so fast that the Russia military would not have time to prepare, is the bone of contention. And yes Ukraine was going to join NATO, Putin had asked for assurances that Ukraine would not join NATO, but he was rejected. As a leader would you leave the security and sovereignty of your nation to hope or chance that Ukraine would not join NATO?

You can tap on the link below to, read this answer on Quora, it explains what I'm saying better.

Answer to Who is justified in the Russia-Ukraine crisis? by Ismail Bashmori https://www.quora.com/Who-is-justified-in-the-Russia-Ukraine-crisis/answer/Ismail-Bashmori?ch=15&oid=340783849&share=16d6e546&srid=uT7V2k&target_type=answer

okeysoninv:
Ukraine is not a member of NATO and won't be even in next 10yrs. Putin your personal Lord and savior said Ukraine is not a nation. Therefore Ukraine has no sovereignty that is bone of contention here. Putians like you should put things straight the way your Master said it. Russia is not that strong nation ..they posses large cache of nuke weapons which nations are afraid of.
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by cyprus000: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2022
Guyman02:

grin
From now on I will stop watching CNN, that channel reduces someone's IQ
Hahahahaha! You wun make my belle burst with laugh.

Reality dun dey dawn on una abi!

When i see western zombies yap about how west go flog Russia senseless, or turn am to dust, i just laugh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by gambojimeta: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2022
tamdun:

Nato cannot fight for non members but can push them to war abi grin
It is left for that country's leader to use sense and be smart about it. Does he really think he stands a chance with Russia?

Does he thinks the UNSC would mandate NATO or ECOMOG or whatever to fight for him?

Same zelensky was warned several times of the attack but the guy failed to prepare and disregarded US intelligence until a day or so before invasion

He doesn't seem like a bright person.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by Orgym(m): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2022
[q kissuote author=Guyman02 post=110529461]
https://www.rt.com/russia/550546-zelensky-nato-ukraine-neutrality/[/quote]
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by joyandfaith: 9:31am On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s]

Vodka grin

I can see. Drunk man.
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by derecho(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2022
And Russia created Heaven and Earth?
Not a war advocate but stop praising these nations.
Ordinary COVID-19 all of them confuse.
Summary,
Man,no matter how powerful, will ALWAYS be man and God REMAINS God.
DoggoneDogg:
Ukraine wanted to chill with the big boys but everyone is gangsta till Putin shows up

Note to all those pro-US noisemakers here.

Russia has the deadliest nuke in the world
Russia has the fastest missile in the world
Russia has the largest bomb in the world
Russia has the best missile defence system in the world
Russia has the worst war terrain in the world

Nuff said.
Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by obedience4(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2022
obailala:

What's the point attacking mushroom states?

Putin's simply trying to prevent his mistakes of the past, i.e. letting those small states on it's borders to join NATO. Ukraine and Belarus are the big fishes here.

Belarus is a big fish?? Lol, one of the smallest country in Europe..you don't know anything please.. The capital of Poland Warsaw is bigger than Belarus..
Nigeria economy is bigger than Belarus
You don't know anything bro, they are mushroom state but I thought people like you said Putin wanted the Soviet Union back.. You see those small mushroom state.. The United's states and France and the UK will go to war over them..
Educated yourselves on article 5 on the NATO charter....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by joyandfaith: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2022
gambojimeta:

It is left for that country to use sense and be smart about it. Does he really think he stands a chance with Russia?
Does he thinks the UNSC would mandate NATO or ECOMOG or whatever to fight for him?

Same zelensky was warned several times of the attack but the guy failed to prepare and disregarded US intelligence.

He doesn't seem like a bright person.

He even said he did not trust western intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by Reference(m): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2022
obailala:

Ukraine is just a territorial grab, that's all
Putin's delusions of a grand Soviet state.... the resurrection of the Bear... which he has nursed ever since he saw the collapse as a young KGB officer and has called it the greatest strategic mistake ever.
He wants Ukraine to be the next Belarus, (a country he will annex in the future whenever he pleases).

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by DaddyFabooluz(m): 9:33am On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Still doesn't change the fact that Russia won't succeed in it's evil motive..no matter how they try..I don't care how the issue is resolved all I know is it won't be in favor of Russia..
You were expecting me to say..oh no I am disappointed? cheesy
Nah.. high hope on Ukraine..we will come out as a conqueror.. cheesy kiss

You have run out of what to after attacking people saying the truth you refuse to accept. Now is all about high hope. Is high hope going to solve the problem? Maybe if you read my post carefully and now see how everything is unfolding you should be bold enough as a man to apologise on the way you attacked me as if I was putting fire in the situation. I have already seen how many post already pointing the the point I was trying to make when you attacked me thinking I'm an illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by Minjim: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2022
chatinent:
So the US is actually scared of Russia. Wow.

What do you expect?

The US is a democracy Russia is a dictatorship.

Biden needs support of Americans to go to war, Putin doesn't need Russians approval to do same.

There is protest against Putin all over Russia now

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by gambojimeta: 9:34am On Feb 25, 2022
obedience4:

Belarus is a big fish?? Lol, one of the smallest country in Europe..you don't know anything please.. The capital of Poland Warsaw is bigger than Belarus..
Nigeria economy is bigger than Belarus
You don't know anything bro, they are mushroom state but I thought people like you said Putin wanted the Soviet Union back.. You see those small mushroom state.. The United's states and France and the UK will go to war over them..
Educated yourselves on article 5 on the NATO charter....
That was why I told him to explain what a mushroom state it. He deflected, and I just passed.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Still doesn't change the fact that Russia won't succeed in it's evil motive..no matter how they try..I don't care how the issue is resolved all I know is it won't be in favor of Russia..
You were expecting me to say..oh no I am disappointed? cheesy
Nah.. high hope on Ukraine..we will come out as a conqueror.. cheesy kiss

My dear, before you take sides, it is best to know what Putin wants.

This crisis is multifaceted, and a part of it has to do with Crimea, as well as NATO's expansion which Putin claims did not respect original agreement not to expand to the east.

Let me summarize a bit of the crisis.

By moving eastward, and opening their door to Ukraine, NATO have moved close to Russia's border. In fact, too close.

Ukraine is not a NATO member, but she is regarded as an informal member. And Putin believes that Russia and Ukraine are one nation, and that NATO is interfering between siblings.

If Ukraine joins NATO, it would be like cutting Russia off from the rest of the world.

It would also mean that Crimea could be retaken. Although Putin needn't worry about this because he disregarded an old agreement between Russia and Ukraine which saw Ukraine exchange her nuclear warheads for security alliance with Russia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fire Damages Rome's 19th Century 'Iron Bridge' (Photos) / Rhissa Ag Boula Launches Anti-coup Movement In First Sign Of Internal Resistance / USA Finally Moves Embassy To Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.