Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? (10742 Views)

The Ijaws And Their Pipe Dreams; Darkness In Reality / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break / Finally, Ihedioha Has Been Declared Governor Elect, Antiquity Prince AAA Confirm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BlackSaints: 8:58am On Mar 03, 2022
9Pluto:

I hope you have seen the video I posted so you can hide head in shame. Your gang keep deceiving theirself with the slave narrative. Any igbo in Okrika is slave yet Ohakwe was an Okrika King.

When you want to learn the history of slavery in the eastern Niger-delta, open a thread so we show you who were the slaves, the natives, the Kings and slave merchants of the delta.

Loud mouthed clown.
Mr man any igbos you see in Okrika are descendant of Igbo slaves. Okrikans are ijaw people who migrated from the Delta, Baysela state and delta state. Any Igbos you see in Wakirike kingdom are slaves. And no slaves don't rule over their masters they are the ones who are being ruled,or they are giving a portion of land by their masters to rule themselves so your YouTube videos is nothing but trash.

5 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 9:01am On Mar 03, 2022
BlackSaints:
Okrika people are from where? Godforbid. Look at you ,you want to educate me about my history yet you don't even know that the name Wakirike alone is an evidence that Okrika are not related to igbos in anyway apart from slave trade. How come Okrika people are heboos yet our language is not even Igbo to begin with? How come we don't bear names or even practice any Igbo traditional? And we don't even call our Kings Eze? Think Igbo man instead of your land grabbing tendency use your head for once.

While you have continued bleeting like one domestic animal, just making noise without contributing knowledge, I have provided several hard coded evidence for your coconut head even though I wasn't meant to assume the role of your History teacher. I am only dropping this information for several generations of Nigerians who will be birthed in the near future. Most of the information here would serve as a valuable guide for them.

P.S: I NEVER said all Okrika people are igbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BlackSaints: 9:12am On Mar 03, 2022
9Pluto:

While you have continued bleeting like one domestic animal, just making noise without contributing knowledge, I have provided several hard coded evidence for your coconut head even though I wasn't meant to assume the role of your History teacher. I am only dropping this information for several generations of Nigerians who will be birthed in the near future. Most of the information here would serve as a valuable guide for them.

P.S: I NEVER said all Okrika people are igbo.
You never said all Okrika people are igbos, so why are you jumping on this thread like a monkey giving me unnecessary mention then? Abi your brain don knock or something ? And no, no Okrika migrated from Afam abi na Abam in ibo country whatever that fvck that is.
I'm not here to educate you,I am not your father, I'm only here to make it clear to you and your land grabbing igbo brothers that Okrika is 98%ijaw and 2% others. If you are looking for someone to educate you,go and meet worworboy you dig?

7 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2022
BlackSaints:
You never said all Okrika people are igbos, so why are you jumping on this thread like a monkey giving me unnecessary mention then? Abi your brain don knock or something ? And no, no Okrika migrated from Afam abi na Abam in ibo country whatever that fvck that is.
I'm not here to educate you,I am not your father, I'm only here to make it clear to you and your land grabbing igbo brothers that Okrika is 98%ijaw and 2% others. If you are looking for someone to educate you,go and meet worworboy you dig?

The Okirika people the Colonials met, narrated to them that their ancestors came from Afam in Igboland.
And even today when we look at Okirika, we see vestiges of Igbo in them.
Why are you Ijaws insisting that obvious hybrid groups made of Igbo, Ibibio and Ijaw in Rivers State like Okirika and Kalabari must be Ijaw and Ijaw alone while the other important two aspect of their origin be discarded?
Why are you not comfortable with your Bayelsa 4 LGA and few LGA of Delta state homeland?
Why do you insist that all historical accounts be discarded for your modern day land grab fraudulent stories?

In Eastern region, Kalabari, Okirika, were all regarded as independent groups.
These groups serve as melting points between the Igbo, the Ibibio and the Ijaw.
And you can go write it down somewhere, because I noticed that you lots are quick to threaten violence ("Come and claim it offline') each time you get beaten by historical facts in online debate, Ndiigbo will never allow Kalabari and Okirika stand as anything but independent ethnicities post Nigeria independence.
There is no Ijaw in Rivers State, and that's how it will be. You will be "touched" offline at the appropriate time to maintain this order, if you insist on physical confrontation rather than on factual historical documentation to settle issues.
Ijaw starts and ends in Bayelsa State. Any one not in Bayelsa who is claiming Ijaw will have to learn this at the appropriate time. It's not a threat, it's a promise, Ndiigbo will not allow hostile teeth filing Ijaws from Bayelsa and Delta to surround us in the East. You will be well and truly checkmated and contained.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by SlayerForever: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
BlackSaints:
Any igbos you see in Okrika are descendant of slaves. You can't twist our history just to suit your 419 narratives.
[/s]

You're wasting my time.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 11:23am On Mar 03, 2022
Igboid:

The Okirika people the Colonials met, narrated to them that their ancestors came from Afam in Igboland.
Why are you Ijaws insisting that obvious hybrid groups made of Igbo, Ibibio and Ijaw in Rivers State like Okirika and Kalabari must be Ijaw and Ijaw alone while the other important two aspect of their origin be discarded?
Why are you not comfortable with your Bayelsa 4 LGA and few LGA of Delta state homeland?
Why do you insist that all historical accounts be discarded for your modern day land grab fraudulent stories?

And you can go write it down somewhere, because I noticed that you lots are quick to threaten violence ("Come and claim it offline') each time you get beaten by historical facts in online debate, Ndiigbo will never allow Kalabari and Okirika stand as anything but independent ethnicities post Nigeria independence.
There is no Ijaw in Rivers State, and that's how it will be. You will be "touched" offline at the appropriate time to maintain this order, if you insist on physical confrontation rather than on factual historical documentation to settle issues.
Ijaw starts and ends in Bayelsa State. Any one not in Bayelsa who is claiming Ijaw will have to learn this at the appropriate time. It's not a threat, it's a promise, Ndiigbo will not allow hostile teeth filing Ijaws from Bayelsa and Delta to surround us in the East. You will be well and truly checkmated and contained.

Long Live the Ruler of Bonny, for acting decisively in checkmating some Ijaw landgrabbers a few weeks ago.

The attached is a brief tutorial for Ijaws that are major fans of Basden

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 11:40am On Mar 03, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Long Live the Ruler of Bonny, for acting decisively in checkmating some Ijaw landgrabbers a few weeks ago.

The attached is a brief tutorial for Ijaws that are major fans of Basden

Very beautiful map.
And I'm happy that Ijaws here have endorsed Basden!
When the time is right, we will use Basden and run them out of town.

5 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by WorWorBoy: 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
Igboid:

Lies from the pit of hell there's no where in history where fathers said they are igbos from Afam country. Our fathers admit to the Europeans master that they are original igbos from Abam country yet Igbo is not our official language and it's even consider a slave language in all the Wakirike kingdom lol, you are a fvcking joke.

Okrikans are Original igbos from Afam country yet you hardly see any Okrikan person who bears Igbo name,dress in Igbo attire or even practice igbo culture, tell me what planet a land grabbing pests like you craw out from? There's no ijaw In River's state you say? Well let me break it down for you so that it will skin into that your lying Igbo head of yours.

Wakirike Is an ijaw subgroup,and until the day my people say otherwise,them no born you well an Igbo man to tell us where we belong not in your lifetime. Wakirike Is an Igbo land? You wish grin you can only drag Wakirike here on Nl that's where all your mouth ends you can't even drag Okrika as igbo land on your own Facebook group without my people roasting you alive. We are waiting for the day when you igbos will come and claim Okrika who are ijaws from Baysela and delta state as igbo.

9 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
Gentlemen, here comes the end of the discussion.

I expect to hear the "Go claim them physical" from Alabo and his cronnies since their Igbos came to Okrika as slaves rants now sound like a broken record. No need discussing this matter any further because of the free history tutorials our Ijaw friends have learnt for free here.

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by WorWorBoy: 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
9Pluto:

The thing is most of them are just about noise without substance. The Niger Delta had early encounter with Europeans which is responsible for the abundance of large historical records from early settlers in this places.
The more they challenge our account the deeper we dive into the library of who is who in the Niger Delta.

@BlackSaints and @WorWorBoy, I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you that Okrika has an igbo heritage traceable to Afam.
You have been able to convince me nothing Okrika has mixed heritage yet there's little or zero influence of Igbo culture in Okrika. Sometimes I wonder if you know the meaning of mixed heritage,or you are just hell bent on wasting my time. And meanwhile, I'm yet to see the Igbo town named Asonumaka in Okrika,where is your proof of the so called Igbo town in Okrika called Asonumaka?

9 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
Igboid:

Very beautiful map.
And I'm happy that Ijaws here have endorsed Basden!
When the time is right, we will use Basden and run them out of town.

I have to agree with you that it is a very lovely looking map.

At this rate, very shortly the landgrabbers will start seeking solace in Captain Crow and John Adam's accounts, hoping that it will limit the Igbo presence at the coast, to just Bonny and Opobo. But this will be difficult also because even Captain Crow insinuated Basden's map, because he wrote and I quote... IT IS PROBABLE (AND THIS OPINION IS ENTERTAINED BY CAPTAIN ADAMS AND OTHERS) THAT BONNY, AND THE TOWNS ON THE LOW LINE OF THE COAST ON EITHER SIDE OF IT WERE ORIGINALLY PEOPLED FROM THE EBOE COUNTRY.....

So Igbos were not just in Bonny, also bear in mind that John Adams, Crow and others wrote down their observations about a century before Basden.
Basden's map of Igboland tallies accurately with Crow's, Adams' and other neutral European observers' findings

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by WorWorBoy: 1:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
Eastlink:
Gentlemen, here comes the end of the discussion.

I expect to hear the "Go claim them physical" from Alabo and his cronnies since their Igbos came to Okrika as slaves rants now sound like a broken record. No need discussing this matter any further because of the free history tutorials our Ijaw friends have learnt for free here.
Why are you running away? grin You are member of Okrika people group on Facebook why not post your Igbo agenda there let see if they will welcome the idea that they are Igbos from Afam country Bonesking? What are you afraid of? grin

6 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Malawian(m): 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
JANK23H:

Just like some of your excerpts have also "perhaped".Slayerforever even when on to "think".

Since your new preoccupation is to learn about Ijo history, Google these:

Professor J.S, Coleman in his book titled Nigeria: Background to Nationalism (Los Angeles, 1963, p. 28) describes the Ijaws as "perhaps the most ancient in West Africa whose Language has little or no affinity with any other in Nigeria ". In similar vein Professors Stride and Ifeka submit: "Some of the oldest inhabitants of the Atlantic Coast are the Jola, Pepeh and Sorer of the Senegambia, and Sherbro and Bulom of Sierra Leone. Along the Guinea Coast, the Lagoon folk of Ivory Coast, the Guan of Southern Ghana and the Ijaws of the Niger Delta (underlining ours) must be included among the most ancient of the coastal dwellers." (.G.T Stride and C. Ifeka, peoples and empires of West Africa 1000-1800, 1971, P.S).
8. Dr. P.A Talbot, once acting Resident of Benin Division (1920), calls the Ijaws "this strange people- a survival from the dim past beyond the dawn of history- whose language and customs are distinct from those of their neighbors and without trace of any tradition of time before they were driven-southwards into these regions of sombre mangroves." (Tribes of the Niger Delta, 1932, p.5). In another context, Dr. Talbot submits firmly; "their (Ijaws) origin is wrapped in mystery. The people inhabit practically the whole Coast, some 250 miles in length, stretching between the Ibibio and Yoruba. The Niger Delta therefore, is…occupied by this strange people." (Ibid)
9. Professor Wilfrid D. Hambly testifies: " Beliefs held by the Ijaws are of particular interest because these people are probably the oldest inhabitants of Nigeria."(Serpent Worship in Africa, (Chicago, U.S.A. 1931, p.16). In another context, Professor Wilfrid Hambly declares firmly: "Pythons are held sacred throughout the region of Marsh lands and waters inhabited by the most ancient tribe of all, the Ijaws." "(underlining ours Ibid).
10. These and more are objective and honest historians and writers who have no ulterior motive for their work. They are unanimous in their submission that the Ijaws are the indigenous and most ancient people of the Delta and the riverine, coastal areas of Nigeria
It is because they couldnt say where Ijaw came from since their Language and Culture sticks out like a sore thumb in all of the Niger-Delta. If only they knew the Ijaw were immigrants from Togo.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BlackSaints: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Igboid:

If only you will find one Okrika person online who will will admit that they have igbo blood in them a land grabbing unwanted soul like you will shout for Joy. Unfortunately for you no Okrika will tell you that they are related to igbos,the only ones who do,consider themselves descendant of Igbo slaves lol.
We know you land grabbing criminals want to turn Port Harcourt into an Igbo city,but as long as Okrika people are here,we will continue to fight you unwanted souls and your land grabbing tendency. Your fathers fail and you will fail as well. There are no ijaws in River's state come and change Okrika an ijaw subgroup to igbo own if you will not scream abandoned properties 2. Fvcking nuisance.

6 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BlackSaints: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
WorWorBoy:
Why are you running away? grin You are member of Okrika people group on Facebook why not post your Igbo agenda there let see if they will welcome the idea that they are Igbos from Afam country Bonesking? What are you afraid of? grin
The Igbo bastard keep shouting that there are no ijaw in Rivers state he is yet to sing Igbo whatever in Our group. Is like cowardness runs In this lost Jews DNA

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by WorWorBoy: 3:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
BKayy:

See the leader of Okirika that welcomed the Europeans during the set of Amakiri of Bom (Kalabari) and Oruigbiji (Pepple) of Ubani/Ibani/Bonny.
His name is IbaniChuka

As for Ijaw people, una go fight tire when the time comes if you prove stubborn.

cc Igboid, Ekealterego, Eastlink.

They have a statue for him in Okirika
Ibanichuka is not an Igbo word and he's not from Igbo. The word Ibani is the corrupt version of Ebeni,which is an ijaw word, Chuka is not an igbo word either.
Lmao, look at you talking about fighting when the whole of Wakirike Bese detest anything Igbo with great passion and welcomes the Ijaw tag with open arms. How can you claim people who your very presence irritates them to their bone marrow?

9 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BKayy: 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
WorWorBoy:
Ibanichuka is not an Igbo word and he's not from Igbo. The word Ibani is the corrupt version of Ebeni,which is an ijaw word, Chuka is not an igbo word either.
Lmao, look at you talking about fighting when the whole of Wakirike Bese detest anything Igbo with great passion and welcomes the Ijaw tag with open arms. How can you claim people who your very presence irritates them to their bone marrow?
"Chuka is not an Igbo name?"

Mtcheww... You don't necessarily need to expose your ignorance on simple things like this. I believe you have never left your hamlet before, because if you have you would have seen Igbo people with the name Chuka.
Example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Chuka

And secondly, learn not to use your own comments on Facebook as evidence. It is obvious that the page is filled with Ijaw people from Bayelsa propagating their fake stories on innocent Okrika people.

Thirdly, are you telling us that neither Okrika indigenes nor the whites that negotiated with the man know his real name but you people from the swamps of Bayelsa? The corruption of the name you posted "Ebeni" only exist in that your particular comment on that Facebook page. Very soon you people will start drafting a fallacy of Okirika migrating from Toru-Ebeni in Bayelsa.

Finally, according to you they detest everything Igbo but in reality they discuss with their parents in Igbo Language.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Malawian:

It is because they couldnt say where Ijaw came from since their Language and Culture sticks out like a sore thumb in all of the Niger-Delta. If only they knew the Ijaw were immigrants from Togo.
It's Togo now,not Sierra Leone again or Ghana.

Mbe!
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BKayy: 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
JANK23H:

It's Togo now,not Sierra Leone again or Ghana.

Mbe!
The porters weren't picked from the same community, that's why each extended family in Ijaw local government of Bayelsa have different language.

E shock you say we know?

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Allen102: 4:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
Igboid:

Typical inferior Igbo man with god like attitude,how dare you try to manipulate the history and Origin of a people just to suit your narrative? Who made you lord over Wakirike people that you think you can define or tell us who we are? The nonsense you exhibit,even the ijaws won't even dare to try such. There's no ijaw in Rivers state you say? How about you put your money where you mouth is? How about we go from community to community in Rivers and ask if there's ijaw in Rivers state or not? And you can bring that your land grabbing Eastlink of a brother along. Fvcking clown.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Banmeallday: 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
Alabo7978:

Migration has been a thing of all living things which roamed the surface of the earth. From birds, herds of animals, to the tiny ants; all at one point in time of their existence has crossed land masses, rivers, valleys, vegetations in search of a favorable climate. Migration can also be caused by natural occurrence, supernatural occurrence, war and famine.
Almost every civilization of ancient times and occurrence correlates directly or indirectly and spoke of a particular location of creation, the expansion of man, the deluge, the coming of people who came from the sky (fallen angels(religion), extraterrestrials(knowledge enthusiasts), aliens(scientists) sky people (culture/oral history) but it all directly or indirectly correlates one way or the other; but that is another discussion on its own.
On migration just like a man who has come of age does, he stands on his feet, lives his father’s land and goes to settle in another place convenient for him from the days of The biblical figure Abraham even until this very day. Be it the garden of Eden, Elysian plain, or any location based on a cultural entity telling of the first place of creation or habitation, people will tend to move as population grows which will then cause the corners of Earth to be filled or habited.
It has been agreed upon by people of every culture, race, and color that life indeed began in eastern africa around the Tanzania-Eritrea-Egyptian and Ethiopian basin. And the rise in population definitely caused people to begin to migrate to the middle East and corners of Africa. The oldest civilization being that of Egypt which had very powerful influence and culture which spread unto Nubia and the middle East will definitely go along with the people who migrate, this people who migrated indeed came with the Egyptian deity worship of (H)Oru or (H)eru with them.

THE NILE DELTA OF LOWER EGYPT, THE NIGER-DELTA OF LOWER NIGERIA

The formation of foundation of a civilization doesn’t or never hinges on a particular person as it takes a people to form a city. The formation of the ijaw Ethnic nation was a gradual process as with other Ethnic nationalities. There are accounts of the sky people in other words fallen angels, extraterrestrial who came with advance knowledge and power from beyond the clouds and it is these divine sky people that the batch headed by Ijo met. Much isn’t known about those period but the migration batch led by ujo,Ejo,ijo from the NILE DELTA who saw a similar abode in the NIGER-DELTA and dwelt with the sky people who were called Kumoni(ancient people) gave birth to the kumoni-oru first ancestors, but prior to the union or meeting, this migration from Egypt came through Nupe(the Nupe people also claim to have come from Egypt) and then IFE(buttressing the Yoruba account that the ijaws came from Ife (NOTE: UJO is known and called idekoseroake in Yoruba account), and then camping at the current site in which Benin city now stands, this was before the founding of the Benin empire. Ijo then led a small batch and journeyed till they got to the site remembered as Agadagba-buo at igbedi-creek and made there his abode. He then sent a message back to his followers at Uzama(Benin) and old Ife to join him. After staying with his followers for a number of years, Ijoh alongside 9 companions decided to jour
Agadagba-buo became the springboard from whence his sons Namely; GBARAN, Opu-Okun&Kala-Okun, Tara, Oporo&Olodi, Opu-beni, Ogula & Kuru, Oyan, Oru, Opu-Ogbo & Kala-ogbo. These sons and their sons became the founding fathers of the various (H)Oru clans which stretches from one end of the delta to the other end and further inland.

(H)ORU
The Oru is an ancient name associated with the the ijaw Ethnic nation that inhabits a huge space of the niger-delta in southern Nigeria. They are a people rich in culture and boasts of some of the most wealthiest and powerful city states that grew to influence from as early as the 1400s to the 1890s. The Oru follow a more ancient system which is the most important pillar of nature which venerates the mother. The Oru people are also associated with the ancient Nubians who once ruled Egypt and known as the ourou(god or king) and also associated with the Egyptian god (h)Oru. The NILE DELTA AND NIGER DELTA might be coincidence but this also shouldn’t be coincidence that the ijoid meaning of Oru means ; a gOD, a deity, Divinity, sky person (fallen angel). It should be brought to light that several ijoid names glorify (H)Oru such as ORUBEBE, ORUWARI(which means house of god or house of (h)Oru), ORUBO(which means follower of god or follower of (H)Oru), ORUTEME(god's spirit or spirit of (h)Oru. Other ijoid names are orukari, orufene etc
TEMU
The Egyptian god who created himself by emanating from the darkest watery abyss as the first ever being which existed before creation is usually associated with TEMUNO, TAMUNO OR TEM. Out of loneliness he created his children whom became the first deities.

A FEW FACTS ABOUT THE IJAWS

1) The IJAWS were known and called INDO-ORU or UMUORU by the Aboh's, Oru was it’s ancient name as also known by the Europeans. Dr baikie in his later words said of them; “from the part of the river nun up till this point Taylor creek, the country on either side is called Oru. The people are of the same tribe of those who inhabit the tract of the country up on to the RIO fermoso where however they are called Ejo or ojo by which name they are known at aboh, brass and Bonny, by English palm oil traders they are often termed jo-men. Throughout the district but one Language is spoken with but with little dialectical difference
2) The Ibaka people of Akwa-ibom speak the kirike dialect of okrika, they are related to the Ibaka people of okrika
3) The bille people; a sub-clan of the Kalabari people are also found in Demsa local government area of adamawa state. A section of the people left the town in anger after a disagreement several generations ago. The bille in adamawa still grace occasions at their ancestral home and a majority of them through a poll welcomed the idea to reunite with their bille-kalabari people of ijaw. They are numbered about 88,000
4) The people in the Igbo region termed Oru-igbo or Oru-na-igbo by the IBOS are most likely an ancient batch of Ijaw people who migrated to the region. The term has become an umbrella of these unique IBO group whose river affinity hasn’t eroded away over the centuries as the central Igbo Language for thank you is 'dalu' and is quickly understood by all igbos, but quite different from the Oru-igbo people who say mbuana or mbana, imbana, imbanua which isn’t understood by the igbos but quickly understood by the ijaws who say imbanua or nua. It is also a thing altogether why these group pride themselves as ORU-IGBO and not as Igbos.
5) Along the Oguta river in K beach Imo state was once a town where the ijaw people of kalabari once lived, though they deserted this town back to their ancestral land in kalabari kingdom, river state at the eve of the Nigerian civil war. Ofcourse the present settlers of this town address themselves as ORU-IGBO and when there is a serious land dispute, kalabari-ijaw chiefs are called upon to settle such dispute.

Some of you people watch the history channel regarding the Vikings and the next thing you know you are writing novels on Nairaland forgetting you are still part of a Nigger Area lol

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Allen102: 4:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
BKayy:

"Chuka is not an Igbo name?"

Mtcheww... You don't necessarily need to expose your ignorance on simple things like this. I believe you have never left your hamlet before, because if you have you would have seen Igbo people with the name Chuka.
Example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Chuka

And secondly, learn not to use your own comments on Facebook as evidence. It is obvious that the page is filled with Ijaw people from Bayelsa propagating their fake stories on innocent Okrika people.

Thirdly, are you telling us that neither Okrika indigenes nor the whites that negotiated with the man know his real name but you people from the swamps of Bayelsa? The corruption of the name you posted "Ebeni" only exist in that your particular comment on that Facebook page. Very soon you people will start drafting a fallacy of Okirika migrating from Toru-Ebeni in Bayelsa.

Finally, according to you they detest everything Igbo but in reality they discuss with their parents in Igbo Language.
In all your write up you are yet to bring one screenshot of an Okrikan who said he or she are igbo. Always running around like someone who don't even have direction.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by kingyakos: 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ijaws are cyborg

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by SlayerForever: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
WorWorBoy:
[/s]

Ibanichuka is not Igbo it is Hausa. You're very slow bro.

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BKayy: 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Allen102:
In all your write up you are yet to bring one screenshot of an Okrikan who said he or she are igbo. Always running around like someone who don't even have direction.
So far this statue of their leader still stand there. I don't need Facebook validation.

Just take a trip to the place. It's very close to the PortHarcourt that you taking refuge in.

And while at it, tell them of you pirates plan of changing the name of their ancestor/leader from "IbaniChuka" to "Ebeni" just like the way you lots baptised Pepple to Perekule under Bonny peoples noses because of their (Bonny people) ignorance let's see if you will return in one piece.

4 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
BKayy:

The porters weren't picked from the same community, that's why each extended family in Ijaw local government of Bayelsa have different language.

E shock you say we know?

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Liebermantic: 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chuka remains an Igbo name..No Ijaw man bears Chuka..Just type Chuka on Facebook or Google, let's see the people bearing the name

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
9Pluto:
[s][/s]

You are the one that needs a lesson in comprehension.
You claimed ijaws are known as Ndi Oru or UMUORU by Aboh people. You then posted a European account where the author confirmed that ijaw people are known as ijo by Aboh people.

Sometimes you need to read your own trash before rushing to post them.
Like I said again, check the 5th line because I can see it isn't blindness, but also dumbness
" "
Actually represent a statement from someone.
Don't mention.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BKayy: 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

Ibanichuka is not Igbo it is Hausa. You're very slow bro.
That statement is a proof that most of them have never left their swamp.

Someone will just sit in one canoe in the swamps of Bayelsa and be analysing history of Igbo people.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
SlayerForever:

That man is an Izon elder. You're a Nembe Igbo boy who is an Ijaw wannabe. You can't know Izon more than the real Izon people. The elder totally rubbished the linking of Oru to Izon. There were other people who said you're writing nonsense. Stop trying too hard to force a connection to the real Izon people.
Lol mumu.
In the proper CLOSED ijaws forum not on Facebook, we know ourselves, and our history.
Many uniformed people will grow old too.

You too will grow old to be a foolish and uninformed elder.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 10:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
OfoIgbo:

You have obviously been beaten silly in this thread and you have no other choice than to regurgitate the same thing time and time again.
You now totally ignore the account of the expedition leader, whose account is more accurate. Guess the ethnic origin of the king Pepple that Crowther was referring to. He was of Igbo origin. Case closed.

Basden has slapped you guys silly with his neighbourhood of Bonny statement and his map of Igboland
Ok Igbo slave

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BKayy: 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Alabo7978:

Ok Igbo God
You are welcome, our Ijaw worshipper.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu / God Sent Buhari To Save Nigeria From Collapse – Oyegun / Supporters Of PDP Elders & Representative Clash In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.