Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? (10659 Views)

The Ijaws And Their Pipe Dreams; Darkness In Reality / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break / Finally, Ihedioha Has Been Declared Governor Elect, Antiquity Prince AAA Confirm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 11:52am On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Well, the leader of that same expedition, Dr. Balfour Baikie, in his own official account made it clear that, Kalabari people referred to Bonny as Ibani. That Igbos referred to the same place as Ubani. This is likely to be more accurate afterall UBANI has a meaning in Igbo.
Ibani has no meaning in Igbo, so it must have been the way Kalabaris pronounced Bonny, coining their own from the original UBANI, by the Igbos.
I also know Ibani has no meaning in Kalabari, so they obviously derived that name from the original Igbo word for Bonny, which is UBANI

Okoloma is the UBANI people name for Grand Bonny, and Okoloma also exists in Ndoki-Igbo territory. There is no Okoloma in any Ijaw areas, so the Igbo ownership of this territory is not in question.

I have attached Dr. Baikie's take on this issue, and as the leader of the expedition, his account is the official account. Dr Baikie authenticated John Adam's and Crowe's account of the original people of Bonny. Igbos own it.
Well written. You hit the nail.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 11:54am On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

He wasn't just talking about Bonny,he was emphatic about the coastal areas of the delta.Igbos aren't indigenous to those areas.

That quashes everything you've brought up so far,weda na Baike or Crow o,it cancelled everything.It was a fullstop to the controversy.

Nope.
It proves nothing.
You are over reaching. Haha!
Basden never interviewed Bonny chiefs and couldn't have been able to make that conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:54am On Mar 02, 2022
izac82:

lol. so you mean all Igbo speakers in Bonny are slaves?
What height of arrogance this is man?
No Igbo indigene of Bonny.The Igbo language as spoken was due to the slave trade.Basden confirmed what we've been saying all these time.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by tutudesz: 11:58am On Mar 02, 2022
Another Ijaw Topic again undecided I thought this rubbish ended last year

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

Nope.
It proves nothing.
You are over reaching. Haha!
Basden never interviewed Bonny chiefs and couldn't have been able to make that conclusion.
You are the one over reaching.Accept your L and move on.Stop all these talk of interviewing chiefs.

Today every Bonny or Opobo person proudly and unequivocally identify as Ijo.

Like I did state in some thread.If you are great men would identify with you,some would rummage through history to have a connection to you.If the Bonny, Kalabari or Okrika people are doing that then there is nothing great about the Igbos.They proudly identify as Ijos,not just because they are,but because they want to be great.Igbos are begging for recognition.

This debate is over as far as I'm concerned.My job is done.

Unfollow thread next.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

You are still not getting it. The AMADABO brouhaha of a few weeks ago, gave a little insight into the ancestry of the Bonny royal family. The publications, by the dissidents and the publication by Bonny indigenes, clearly laid to rest, the ancestry of the royal household. They are clearly Igbo which is why the Ijaw-inspired coup was attempted.

To make your case stick, you have to show us what Basden said about the royal family. Show us a snippet where Basden claimed that from his interaction with the reigning king of Bonny, that the king told him that the Bonny royal family was of Ijaw ancestry.

If you can't show this, then you have no point.

Anyway, Basden has already given us the map of Igboland, so we are alright with Basden grin grin
There is nothing like that in Basden's book,you lieing piece of shi.t!
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

Igbos as slaves in Bonny.

Thanks.
When is your own map coming?

Igbos are also the kings of Bonny. Every amadabo must pay homage to my Igbo royal brodas.

Basden ma nigga has already showed you guys the extent of Igboland grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 12:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

There is nothing like that in Basden's book,you lieing piece of shi.t!

See painment grin

Basden really sodomised you landgrabbers, making sure to show Ijaws where they belong (Bayelsa)

5 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 12:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

You are the one over reaching.Accept your L and move on.Stop all these talk of interviewing chiefs.

Today every Bonny or Opobo person proudly and unequivocally identify as Ijo.

Like I did state in some thread.If you are great men would identify with you,some would rummage through history to have a connection to you.If the Bonny, Kalabari or Okrika people are doing that then there is nothing great about the Igbos.They proudly identify as Ijos,not just because they are,but because they want to be great.Igbos are begging for recognition.

This debate is over as far as I'm concerned.My job is done.

Unfollow thread next.

Desperation is getting the better of you.
Basden concluded that the Ibos in Bonny were "chiefly" of slave origin and evidently were not Indigenous there, he was only stating the obvious. The Ibo slaves of Bonny obviously we're not Indigenous there.
You have to understand the word "chiefly".
It also was silent on origin of the Bonny kings and chiefs.
Glynn, Baike and Captain Crow handled that.

Also by Basden admission.
Odual, Degema, Epie-Attisa, Engenni, Abua, are not Ijaws. grin
I wonder where that leaves you. I guess rightly confined in your 4 LGAs in Bayelsa?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

He wasn't just talking about Bonny,he was emphatic about the coastal areas of the delta.Igbos aren't indigenous to those areas.

That quashes everything you've brought up so far,weda na Baike or Crow o,it cancelled everything.It was a fullstop to the controversy.

It didn't cancel one single thing, because you still haven't told us why the royal family of Bonny are of Igbo descent, and not Ijaw descent.

Also that map by Basden is a killer. He showed us the extent of Igboland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

No Igbo indigene of Bonny.The Igbo language as spoken was due to the slave trade.Basden confirmed what we've been saying all these time.

Basden also drew a map of Igboland. Go figure.

And why is the Bonny royal family of Igbo ancestry? It should be an Ijoid royal family, but it is not. And by the way, Ijaws are just in Bayelsa, according to Basden. It is an important point I don't want you to also forget

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 12:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

It didn't cancel one single thing, because you still haven't told us why the royal family of Bonny are of Igbo descent, and not Ijaw descent.

Also that map by Basden is a killer. He showed us the extent of Igboland

Ijaw desperation to annex Opobo and Bonny will cost them 2/3 of Bayelsa and the whole of Rivers State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2022
tutudesz:
Another Ijaw Topic again undecided I thought this rubbish ended last year
BishopMagic with his 2nd momicker. Tell me you've not been mischevious all these while grin
I fear who know fear Ijaws.
1. Bishopmagic
2. Desmondjuju
3. Tutudesz
And over 5 other monickers just like Allen aka Truckpusher grin

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by tutudesz: 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
Eastlink:
BishopMagic with his 2nd momicker. Tell me you've not been miscchevious all these while grin
Bishopmagic undecided unfortunately I don't know who Bishopmagic is.
Been avoiding anything biafra since this year
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
tutudesz:

Bishopmagic undecided unfortunately I don't know who Bishopmagic is.
Been avoiding anything biafra since this year
I suppose you've forgotten you used this Bishopmagic monicker to make peace with me last year until you contravened it. Or have you forgotten "Apostle of Truth".

So why did you stop taking screenshots as you promised? You've missed a great deal and your fans in that Okrika group would be greatly dissapointed with you. Don't you think so?

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

Ijaw desperation to annex Opobo and Bonny will cost them 2/3 of Bayelsa and the whole of Rivers State.
There are no Ijaws in Rivers state take note. Don't let IYC chapters in a few towns confuse you.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by ThickSharon123(f): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Alabo7978:
every Europeans called us Oru, even the name you want to claim.
Na wa o

No European called you Oru, stop lying. Give us the reference. You were rightly called Jo men, the Europeans weren't blind and they observed you people well enough and said the Jo men were lost and had no history whatsoever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by tutudesz: 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
Eastlink:
I suppose you've forgotten you used this Bishopmagic monicker to make peace with me last year until you contravened it. Or have you forgotten "Apostle of Truth".

So why did you stop taking screenshots as you promised? You've missed a great deal and your fans in that Okrika group would be greatly dissapointed with you. Don't you think so?
I only have one account undecided even when I was banned for 6 months, I never created another account.

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by ThickSharon123(f): 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

Notes on the Ibo country and the Ibo People, Southern Nigeria by George Basden,Pg 243

Alabo7978
Putinthebutt

You people are so funny, you told him to argue on Talbot's and you brough another author grin grin... Ewwwwweeeee.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Igbos are also the kings of Bonny. Every amadabo must pay homage to my Igbo royal brodas.

Basden ma nigga has already showed you guys the extent of Igboland grin grin

By the way, this map is from Basden book.
You can check it out here: https://archive.org/details/amongibosofniger00basd/page/67/mode/1up?q=Bonny&view=theater

Just scroll to the last page.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by ThickSharon123(f): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Putindbutt:
NL server dey mess up sha

Okay, they are messing up because they don't mute people if they are winning in the argument like Facebook, where you people feed yourself tales by the moonlight. grin grin grin... That Ijaw History Forum on Facebook, even though I'm new there is a joke. Gosh, I'm always laughing, you guys make my day everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by ThickSharon123(f): 1:50pm On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:
Here is an authentic history of New Calabar (Kalabari) written by Arthur Glynn in.

We know for a fact that New Calabar are originally Efik people who migrated from old Calabar and were accompanied by the Igbos(Aros) who became part of them, to their current location.

New Calabar later on welcomed too many Ijaw elements.

So in essence, they are a mixed people composing of Efik(Ibibiod), Igbo and finally as always, the latecomers Ijaws who overwhelmed the other two groups and made their own Ijaw Language the dominant language of the area, just as they have struggled to do in Bonny and Opobo but have failed woefully.

And they are pretty mischievous in their apporach, they start by damning the history of the people, and slowly incorporating their language to the people, then intermarriages automatically take effect, when a people feel close to you, they begin to marry from your region. That's the scope they use. I'll name that strategy Ijawric 101. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
tutudesz:

I only have one account undecided even when I was banned for 6 months, I never created another account.
Ok, you are right about quoting me with this account. Let me just maintain the decorum my able Apostle of truth.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by ThickSharon123(f): 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
Eastlink:
I made this same theory too after observing some fishy traits about the Ijaws. Dede1 was consistent and when I did my hypotesis everything proved that Dede was right.

Ijaws came journeyed with the Portuguese ships to our shores from their habitations in Togo, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Sierra-Leone.

Finding the earliest Ijaw homeland among the following countries will take a bit of historical research and cultural/linguistic similarities to find the truth. Looking at the Ijaw language, maternalistic culture, physical pigmentation and names like Ofori, Nana, Pere etc you can tell that Akan connections.

How the Ijaw population later subdued the indigenous communities needs to be studied as well. Did the Portuguese arm these Ijaw migrants with guns as was done with the Benin's to help subdue and penetrate the sorrounding tribes?

I believe it was a harmless approach by the portrguese. The portoeguese needed good right hand men, because they had foreseen the prosperity of what would be Nigeria, so Ijaws were like the colonial spies of the land, their mouth piece to do their bidding. That is why till today, Ijaws hold reverence to the colonials, most of their so called native names are either portoeguese or English, and they continue to do their deeds till today. I even saw in one of their groups were one called his or herslef, "We are civilized British people" I guess that was the motto being used till date. Please they didn't come from Ghana I hate hearing that, perhaps it was Sierra Leone, biko.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by ThickSharon123(f): 2:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
WorWorBoy:
Unfortunate for you, I'm not like you who has numerous account. And if you think that I'm going to sit back and allow you igbos twist my people history just to suit your Igbo narrative then you are having hallucination, cause that will never happen.

Nairaland Account peddler. Why didn't you people invite me here nau, are you afraid of an Agu woman's input grin grin grin... Problem for who no fear Sharon's mouth. grin grin... I would have love to add my own.

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
ThickSharon123:

I believe it was a harmless approach by the portrguese. The portoeguese needed good right hand men, because they had foreseen the prosperity of what would be Nigeria, so Ijaws were like the colonial spies of the land, their mouth piece to do their bidding. That is why till today, Ijaws hold reverence to the colonials, most of their so called native names are either portoeguese or English, and they continue to do their deeds till today. I even saw in one of their groups were one called his or herslef, "We are civilized British people" I guess that was the motto being used till date. Please they didn't come from Ghana I hate hearing that, perhaps it was Sierra Leone, biko.
Sierraleone was a creation of the British and shows less similarities with Ijaw culture. But a look at the Akan shows much similarities. Akan I believe spreads from Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Togo. And it was in this axis the Portuguese built their famous castle which was used as a forte to launch their move into the bights of Benin and Biafra.

Again a look at Ijaw native authochtonous names shows close similarities with Akan, even their blackness, and maternalistic culture. However, what we don't know is which Akan tribe the Ijaw sprout out from? Were they the autouchtonous group the Akans met before their spread to the Ghana country or were they simply an independent seafaring group that occupied the coastal areas of the Akan territory before the coming of the Portuguese?

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

By the way, this map is from Basden book.
You can check it out here: https://archive.org/details/amongibosofniger00basd/page/67/mode/1up?q=Bonny&view=theater

Just scroll to the last page.

Thanks for this.

JANK23H you were yelling above that Basden's map of Igboland that I shared was never in Basden's book. Well access the archival link provided by igboid

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 3:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Thanks for this.

JANK23H you were yelling above that Basden's map of Igboland that I shared was never in Basden's book. Well access the archival link provided by igboid

Basden gave a description of Igboland and went on to represent it in a map.

You provided the map.
Now here is the description.
He noted also the Delta regions of the Igbo being of different topography as the hinterland.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

You provided the map.
He noted also the Delta regions of the Igbo being of different topography as the hinterland.

And coming to think of it, NEIGHBOURHOOD OF BONNY, doesn't necessarily mean BONNY itself. I suppose that's why he sketched the map to show the true extent of Igboland, which obviously includes Bonny.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 4:14pm On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

You provided the map.
That write-up is clear. You are clutching at straws, just rest.

Do not mention me again, I'm focused on other things.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

And coming to think of it, NEIGHBOURHOOD OF BONNY, doesn't necessarily mean BONNY itself. I suppose that's why he sketched the map to show the true extent of Igboland, which obviously includes Bonny.
If you don't understand simple England language and sentence construction say it so we can teach you.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

If you don't understand simple England language and sentence construction say it so we can teach you.

Please teach me.

If I say, I am in your neighbourhood, it doesn't mean I am in your house. It just means I am somewhere nearby.

So, if I say, in the neighbourhood of Bonny, it could be a nearby territory, or a piece of territory surrounding Bonny.
Basden then used his map of Igboland to buttress his point. There are obviously coastal areas not very far from Bonny, which are not Igbo areas. But those areas he thinks, were not Igbo areas could also be Igbo areas.

The point I am making is that Basden wasn't very thorough, or not specific enough, for us to claim as a matter of certainty, that this was what he was alluding to. Once again, I suppose we have to rely on his map of Igboland, as it removed every ambiguity

All these your almajiri education will mess you up one of these days.

igboid, bkayy, slayerforever, ekealterego

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Tinubu Running For President Not Olympics; Vote For His Ideas – Shettima (Video) / It's saddening life Has Become So Cheap In Nigeria - Peter Obi / Nigeria Is Catching Up To SA – Fast – As Africa’s Most Valuable National Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.