Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? (10649 Views)

The Ijaws And Their Pipe Dreams; Darkness In Reality / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break / Finally, Ihedioha Has Been Declared Governor Elect, Antiquity Prince AAA Confirm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 6:26am On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Please when you attach snippets of information, tell us who wrote it and what year the book was published, so we can compare with earlier writeups on Bonny.

Secondly, you are lying. I will look for the map later on today and also display what title was given to the map. Not all these falsifications of the map that you are giving here.

Thirdly, why is the royal family of Bonny, of Igbo ancestry, and has always been so throughout history, if Igbos are not autochthonous to the land?

I won't do it again because I've shown it before.If you are coming late,catch up.It's somewhere in this thread,so search for it.

I'm waiting for the map you want to show.You want to show map and yet don't know the title of the book.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 6:29am On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

Basden at no point interviewed the chiefs of Bonny on their origin.
Infact his work was never about the origin of Bonny.
He merely assumed that because the majority of the slaves were of Igbo origin and because Igbo hinterland was far away, therefore Igbos were not Indigenous to Bonny.

If he interviewed the Bonny chiefs and asked for list of past Bonny kings and their Origin like Arthur Glynn, William Baike and Captain Crow all did.
He would have gotten the same story of Bonny founder being an Igbo from Igbo hinterland!.
See Glynn, Baike, and Captain Crow quotes on that.
Take time to read that book and understand his research approach.Leave all that talk of asking chiefs.You don't know the history of a place by only asking chiefs.What kind of yeye argument is that?
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 8:22am On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

Take time to read that book and understand his research approach.Leave all that talk of asking chiefs.You don't know the history of a place by only asking chiefs.What kind of yeye argument is that?
It's very important, because Basden was particular at the Igbo slaves he. Found on Bonny who were rightly not Indigenous there, and then erroneously extrapolated to cover everything else Igbo in Bonny.
At no point did he try to find out the origin of the heads of houses of Bonny.
He ignorantly assumed them to be non Igbo even without getting any information on that from them.
Basden opinion on this is therefore flawed and pales in comparison when placed side by side with those of Captain Crow, Baike and Glynn who interviewed both the Igbo slaves and Kings of Bonny.

Thank you.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

Please don't wait for him. They are usually allergic to any historical document not printed in the 60s upwards, when they started their revisionism.
If you have the map, share it to edify the audience.
I see many people peeping in as guests.

Igboid nwokem, please access this twitter page. It has the map of Igboland as sketched by Basden.

Also always bear in mind that there is no way Igbo-descended kings will be ruling Bonny, if Igbos were not the original inhabitants. That alone proves who occupied Ubani first.

But if Ijaws want to rely on Basden's skewed writings, that came many decades after John Adam and Crowe's accounts, they will also have to rely on his map for the real extent of Igboland.

So for the Ijaws, heads we win, tails you loose grin grin grin

https://twitter.com/johnny98414380/status/1127034992343707653

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 8:42am On Mar 02, 2022
BlackSaints:
Worrworboy is just being kind with you if it were up to me, I'll say that Okrika is 98%ijaw and 2% others. Seeing that there's zero foreign influence in Okrika is enough to send you land grabbing Pests to whatever hell you clown came from. And btw, what the fvcktards is Asounmaka anyway lol.

Lol...grab your land? Of what use is it to anyone? What civilization or modern town has you and your ilk built to warrant anyones envy?

If any group is land grabbing in the Niger Delta today, it is the ijaws. From trying to subplant indigenous languages in Bonny and Opobo with false claims, to claiming the coast lines of Andoni and Akwa-ibom.

You guys always prove true to type. Your attitudes/mannerism is consistent with what the early Europeans observed. I don't know why most of you are scared of your own history. Is there something you are trying to hide? Common, I didn't author those history. Neutral observers did and there are still abundant evidence till date. In Okrika for example, there are communities with igbo names as well as communities where igbo is spoken. In the not too distant past, there was a an Igbo King in Okrika. This things aren't fiction.
Yet each time someone points out these realities, you guys would start throwing tantrums without and substantial backup.

I intentionally mentioned those two names and I am bemused that an acclaimed ijaw Okrika man doesn't know the meaning of those ijaw names. I won't bother about asking an Ijaw from Bayelsa.

Go read up your acclaimed history.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Igboid nwokem, please access this twitter page. It has the map of Igboland as sketched by Basden.

Also always bear in mind that there is no way Igbo-descended kings will be ruling Bonny, if Igbos were not the original inhabitants. That alone proves who occupied Ubani first.

But if Ijaws want to rely on Basden's skewed writings, that came many decades after John Adam and Crowe's accounts, they will also have to rely on his map for the real extent of Igboland.

So for the Ijaws, heads we win, tails you loose grin grin grin

https://twitter.com/johnny98414380/status/1127034992343707653
See if you can publish that Basden map, to help increase the BP of the likes of Worworboy and Alabo. grin

Hopefully, my friend the only apostle of truth, BishopMagic will come in handy to help share the screenshots to Okrika groups. grin

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 8:56am On Mar 02, 2022
Eastlink:
See if you can publish that Basden map, to help imcrease the BP of the likes of Worworboy and Alabo. grin

Hopefully, my friend the only apostle of truth, BishopMagic will come in handy to help share the screenshots to Okrika groups. grin

Nnaa, Basden's map of Igboland is attached.

If Ijaw landgrabbers want Basden, we are game. Below is the map of Igboland according to Basden

Eastlink, also take note that Basden also showed Ijaw territory in that map. Just to the west of Igboland, you can clearly see Ijaw written down.

Which lends credence to statements by some Rivers state indigenes that Ijaws are now in Bayelsa

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 8:59am On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

If Ijaw landgrabbers want Basden, we are game. Below is the map of Igboland according to Basden

Most of those guys are from Bayelsa, because there is really nothing to argue about.
There are well documented historical records and abundant modern evidence.

It is on record that the wealthiest Niger-deltans on the east coast were igbos.
From Jaja of Opobo to another wealthy Abam son, Edi Abali in Kalabari.

See the statue of an igbo warrior in Okrika. Dike Chukubie. He is the acclaimed founder of Okrika as the statue proclaims. Yet some clowns keep having mouth diarrhea.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Lol, this one brutal. I suppose the Ijaw dude quoting Basden to favour his claims didn't see this coming. Where is BishopMagic when you need him? Bishop come take a screenshot and share grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2022
9Pluto:

Most of those guys are from Bayelsa, because there is really nothing to argue about.
When we tell them that no Ijo exist in Rivers state, they thought we were blabing. Batcha dwellers should reduce their BP we haven't started yet.

The displacement of Ijaws to Bayelsa was deliberate. The drawing of that boundary was also deliberate. However, since their deportation in 1996, these guys have been scheming to come back by bringing up a dead Riverine and Upland agreement that existed in old Rivers, and also trying to use Kalabari and Okrika to restore the dead Ijaw political net. The drunk INC/IYC operating in Rivers state is also a part of the agenda. Dead on arrival!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 9:25am On Mar 02, 2022
9Pluto:

It is on record that the wealthiest Niger-deltans on the east coast were igbos.
From Jaja of Opobo to another wealthy Abam son of Amacheree lineage in Kalabari.

See the statue of an igbo warrior in Okrika. Dike Chukibie. He is the acclaimed founder of Okrika as the statue proclaims. Yet some clowns keep having diarrhea.
Concerning that statue. Hope they can see the name of that dude at the bottom. When we told those clowns that Oputaibeya was Igbo name they doubted it. I told Alabo that Opu is Okpu in Igbo Izugbe. All the Opu such as Opusenibo etc are extracts of Okpu. A cap which signifies a title etc.

Oputaibeya is still bore in the South-East as a name by familiies. Chukukibie means that God is greater than his mates. Chukwu ka ibie or ibeya. Alabo could remember my second explanation of the name Oputibeya or Oputabie (A person who comes out to help his mates) it falls similar to the suffix in Chukukibie.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 9:27am On Mar 02, 2022
Eastlink:
Lol, this one brutal. I suppose the Ijaw dude quoting Basden to favour his claims didn't see this coming. Where is BishopMagic when you need him? Bishop come take a screenshot and share grin

They will soon drag out Alagoa's fake reports, to challenge ancient records put down by neutral observers.

Igbos have never denied that perhaps the majority of the slave population in Ubani were Igbos.

All we are saying is that alongside the slaves of Bonny, the ruling dynasty was/is Igbo and a great majority of the non-slave indigenes of Bonny. Captain Crowe bore witness to this, from his observations that took place from 1790. The book was published after his demise in 1830.

So basically Bonny is totally Igbo.

It's funny Basden did not mention the ethnic group of the ruling family of Bonny, as provided by the Bonny monarch.

Where are our Ijaw brothers that are seeking solace in Basden? Please try and explain away the map of Igboland. He drew it. Not me.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 9:32am On Mar 02, 2022
Eastlink:
Concerning that statue. Hope they can see the name of that dude at the bottom. When we told those clowns that Oputaibeya was Igbo name they doubted it. I told Alabo that Opu is Okpu in Igbo Izugbe. All the Opu such as Opusenibo etc are extracts of Okpu. A cap which signifies a title etc.

Oputaibeya is still bore in the South-East as a name by familiies.

The thing is most of them are just about noise without substance. The Niger Delta had early encounter with Europeans which is responsible for the abundance of large historical records from early settlers in this places.
The more they challenge our account the deeper we dive into the library of who is who in the Niger Delta.

@BlackSaints and @WorWorBoy, I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you that Okrika has an igbo heritage traceable to Afam.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BKayy: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2022
9Pluto:

The thing is most of them are just about noise without substance. The Niger Delta had early encounter with Europeans which is responsible for the abundance of large historical records from early settlers in this places.
The more they challenge our account the deeper we dive into the library of who is who in the Niger Delta.

@BlackSaints and @WorWorBoy, I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you that Okrika has an igbo heritage traceable to Afam.
See the leader of Okirika that welcomed the Europeans during the set of Amakiri of Bom (Kalabari) and Oruigbiji (Pepple) of Ubani/Ibani/Bonny.
His name is IbaniChuka

As for Ijaw people, una go fight tire when the time comes if you prove stubborn.

cc Igboid, Ekealterego, Eastlink.

They have a statue for him in Okirika

9 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Shiver99: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Eastlink, also take note that Basden also showed Ijaw territory in that map. Just to the west of Igboland, you can clearly see Ijaw written down.

Which lends credence to statements by some Rivers state indigenes that Ijaws are now in Bayelsa

Why do some of these modern-day delta groups ardently deny the bountiful influence of Igbo civilization among them?

It's just like the Japanese and Koreans turning around to say that they have nothing to do with China; and the reason they wear Chinese clothing, eat Chinese food, use Chinese scripts, observe Chinese culture and mythology, etc, etc is because Chinese people were slaves to them.

These sort of beer parlor fantasies would have been shot down by any academic or at least someone with sense, but have been left to fester on nearly unchallenged in Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2022
Shiver99:

Why do some of these modern-day delta groups ardently deny the bountiful influence of Igbo civilization among them?

It's just like the Japanese and Koreans turning around to say that they have nothing to do with China; and the reason they wear Chinese clothing, eat Chinese food, use Chinese scripts, observe Chinese culture and mythology, etc, etc is because Chinese people were slaves to them.

These sort of beer parlor fantasies would have been shot down by any academic or at least someone with sense, but have been left to fester on nearly unchallenged in Nigeria.

It can only take an Ijaw person under the influence of alcohol to believe that the reason people speak a particular language was because they imported so much slaves that their own children had to abandon their native tongue to start speaking the language of these slaves.

Yet, this is the same drunken fable Professor Alagoa went to profess in Opobo in company of Mrs. Amadi former commissioner of Education in Rivers State.
There can't be a worse form of neo-colonial revisionism.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 10:22am On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

What about Talbot, Glynn or Baike?
Baikie's later works was clarified by him. I quoted it on this article.
See listen, you all should be asking yourselves why your favorite journal isn't found in the largest information repositories in the world like CDER library, library of Congress E-site/shelve, encyclopedia Brittanica etc.
Or will you say ijaw people own those repositories?
Brother man work to have a meaningful relationship with your neighbors and not to own them. You will end up making them to despise you.
I'll advice you people as friends because I have so many eastern friends even more than my ethnic friends, Dem no dey do like una.
You all are just fighting a lost cause and at the same time bringing hate on yourselves. Reason the country doesn't trust you with the number one office in the country because of your wawaness.
Stop being cunning and crafty. This advice is coming from the depth of my heart. Stop trying to claim everywhere for your own.
There's one pastor who a man gave land to start a ministry temporaly, to be paying. That man had a brother who stood as a witness.
Do you know that when the owner of the land died, and the brother started asking for rent, this pastor said he should get out and go and call the owner of the land. Igbo man o, na so e dn claim that land. Things like this happen everywhere.
I travel alot, and I must be honest I have never seen any body as Wawa as the average Igbo man. A showfer, and an arrogant person. They don't even trust themselves because they know they are to wawaish. So please brother man, you and your cohorts should turn a new leaf.
You are the only Igbo people I've come across that does this, and since I came across you all, I've on several occasions subtly chip in this topic with many Igbo people I'm close to (my grandfather, colleagues, business partners, etc) they tell me that you all are nuisance and are the people bringing bad name to the Igbo people, so please brother man, repent from your ways e'jim chineke'ke'eligwe n'uwa, biko, a'na'ma yio'unu.
Udo.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 10:33am On Mar 02, 2022
Eastlink:

Oputaibeya is still bore in the South-East as a name by familiies. Chukukibie means that God is greater than his mates. Chukwu ka ibie or ibeya. Alabo could remember my second explanation of the name Oputibeya or Oputabie (A person who comes out to help his mates) it falls similar to the suffix in Chukukibie.
But guy you are dull
You pronounce cap as okpu.
That's by the way.

The opu you talk about means BIG
The ijoid people normally name this names to two brothers.
For instance;
Opu'ekule
Kala'ekule

Meaning senior ekule and junior ekule or big ekule and small ekule.
Try get sense for once in your life!
Words or spellings cut across tribes, nations, even continents.
So with this your stupidity, the Japanese footballer known as Itachi will be doctored by you to be Igbo.
I can imagine Ekealterego and ofoigbo saying Itachi is a corruption of chetachi or kachi.
Grow brains!
Grow sense!
Opu in ijoid tribes is big.
E.g Opu-alabo, opu-senibo, Opubo, opubigamabiri etc.
Try get sense.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 10:36am On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

They will soon drag out Alagoa's fake reports, to challenge ancient records put down by neutral observers.

Igbos have never denied that perhaps the majority of the slave population in Ubani were Igbos.

All we are saying is that alongside the slaves of Bonny, the ruling dynasty was/is Igbo and a great majority of the non-slave indigenes of Bonny. Captain Crowe bore witness to this, from his observations that took place from 1790. The book was published after his demise in 1830.

So basically Bonny is totally Igbo.

It's funny Basden did not mention the ethnic group of the ruling family of Bonny, as provided by the Bonny monarch.

Where are our Ijaw brothers that are seeking solace in Basden? Please try and explain away the map of Igboland. He drew it. Not me.

This should clarify you.
Read carefully...

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 10:55am On Mar 02, 2022
Alabo7978:

This should clarify you.
Read carefully...

Don't turn this to another Bonny thread. Enough justice has been done to that history here and never was ijo/ijaw recorded or mentioned in relation to Bonny rather the Pepple Kings all confirmed they were Igbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:00am On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

It's very important, because Basden was particular at the Igbo slaves he. Found on Bonny who were rightly not Indigenous there, and then erroneously extrapolated to cover everything else Igbo in Bonny.
At no point did he try to find out the origin of the heads of houses of Bonny.
He ignorantly assumed them to be non Igbo even without getting any information on that from them.
Basden opinion on this is therefore flawed and pales in comparison when placed side by side with those of Captain Crow, Baike and Glynn who interviewed both the Igbo slaves and Kings of Bonny.

Thank you.
That was a scientific research and not a publication of someone's opinion.Do you think Basden wasn't aware of the memoir of Crow ?He knew about it hence the reason he was categorical.He started collecting data from 1900.

The snippet attached was a clear indicator that he was aware of other contributors.

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 11:04am On Mar 02, 2022
Alabo7978:

But guy you are dull
That's by the way.

For instance;
Opu'ekule
Kala'ekule

So with this your stupidity, the Japanese footballer known as Itachi will be doctored by you to be Igbo.
I can imagine Ekealterego and ofoigbo saying Itachi is a corruption of chetachi or kachi.
Grow brains!
Grow sense!
Try get sense.

Stop being ridiculous/silly with someone trying to give an igbo identity to itachi which is a Japanese name. Igbos and Japan don't share any heritage or geographic boundary.
All the places where igbo identify with has properly documented records to support their claims as well as language and cultural uniformity(from Delta to Rivers). Rather it is ijaws who keep claiming people whose language and culture has no relevance to their own. From Warri to Brass, Abua, Bonny,Opobo,Ndoki, Andoni, Obolo, Ogoja etc The claim continues. You guys need someone to tell you the truth at all times and I am glad that there is a litany of well informed igbos who keep showing you the history you are trying to falsify.

7 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2022
9Pluto:

Stop being ridiculous/silly with someone trying to give an igbo identity to itachi which is a Japanese name. Igbos and Japan don't share any heritage or geographic boundary.
All the places where igbo identify with has properly documented records to support their claims as well as language and cultural uniformity(from Delta to Rivers). Rather it is ijaws who keep claiming people whose language and culture has no relevance to their own. From Warri to Brass, Abua, Bonny,Opobo,Ndoki, Andoni, Obolo, Ogoja etc The claim continues. You guys need someone to tell you the truth at all times and I am glad that there is a litany of well informed igbos who keep showing you the history you are trying to falsify.
Stop being silly yourself.I have presented enough proof to debunk your nonsense.You all keep running away.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:23am On Mar 02, 2022
Alabo7978:

But guy you are dull
That's by the way.

For instance;
Opu'ekule
Kala'ekule

Grow brains!
Grow sense!
Try get sense.

These people are the most ludicrous people I've met.If that is the case a lot of Ijo towns with Kala and Opu prefix in Bayelsa,Delta,Edo and Ondo are Igbo towns.

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 11:35am On Mar 02, 2022
Alabo7978:

This should clarify you.
Read carefully...

Well, the leader of that same expedition, Dr. Balfour Baikie, in his own official account made it clear that, Kalabari people referred to Bonny as Ibani. That Igbos referred to the same place as Ubani. This is likely to be more accurate afterall UBANI has a meaning in Igbo.
Ibani has no meaning in Igbo, so it must have been the way Kalabaris pronounced Bonny, coining their own from the original UBANI, by the Igbos.
I also know Ibani has no meaning in Kalabari, so they obviously derived that name from the original Igbo word for Bonny, which is UBANI

Okoloma is the UBANI people name for Grand Bonny, and Okoloma also exists in Ndoki-Igbo territory. There is no Okoloma in any Ijaw areas, so the Igbo ownership of this territory is not in question.

I have attached Dr. Baikie's take on this issue, and as the leader of the expedition, his account is the official account. Dr Baikie authenticated John Adam's and Crowe's account of the original people of Bonny. Igbos own it.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by izac82: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2022
What is wrong is accepting the fact that some of your acenstors came from Igboland? Up till date, there are some communities that still speak the Igbo language in Okrika. I have been to Okujiagu, in time past, and they speak Igbo all through. Yes, today, they identity as Okrika Ijaw, but I don't see anything wrong allowing history remain as it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:43am On Mar 02, 2022
[sub][/sub]
OfoIgbo:

Well, the leader of that same expedition, Dr. Balfour Baikie, in his own official account made it clear that, Kalabari people referred to Bonny as Ibani. That Igbos referred to the same place as Ubani. This is likely to be more accurate afterall UBANI has a meaning in Igbo.
Ibani has no meaning in Igbo, so it must have been the way Kalabaris pronounced Bonny, coining their own from the original UBANI, by the Igbos.
I also know Ibani has no meaning in Kalabari, so they obviously derived that name from the original Igbo word for Bonny, which is UBANI

Okoloma is the UBANI people name for Grand Bonny, and Okoloma also exists in Ndoki-Igbo territory. There is no Okoloma in any Ijaw areas, so the Igbo ownership of this territory is not in question.

I have attached Dr. Baikie's take on this issue, and as the leader of the expedition, his account is the official account. Dr Baikie authenticated John Adam's and Crowe's account of the original people of Bonny. Igbos own it.

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 11:43am On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

That was a scientific research and not a publication of someone's opinion.Do you think Basden wasn't aware of the memoir of Crow ?He knew about it hence the reason he was categorical.He started collecting data from 1900.

The snippet attached was a clear indicator that he was aware of other contributors.

You are still not getting it. The AMADABO brouhaha of a few weeks ago, gave a little insight into the ancestry of the Bonny royal family. The publications, by the dissidents and the publication by Bonny indigenes, clearly laid to rest, the ancestry of the royal household. They are clearly Igbo which is why the Ijaw-inspired coup was attempted.

To make your case stick, you have to show us what Basden said about the royal family. Show us a snippet where Basden claimed that from his interaction with the reigning king of Bonny, that the king told him that the Bonny royal family was of Ijaw ancestry.

If you can't show this, then you have no point.

Anyway, Basden has already given us the map of Igboland, so we are alright with Basden grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 11:45am On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

Basden talked of Igbo slaves in Bonny being non Indigenous.
He made no note on Bonny chiefs and kings.
Is this piece of information lost on you?

Those who made notes on Bonny kings and chiefs all without exception got told by the kings that they were of Igbo origin.

That's the missing link to the blank Basden left.
Glynn, Captain Crow and Baike gave us unfiltered info on the origin of Bonny kings and early Aboriginals which Basden didn't, except the recognition that the Igbo slaves in Bonny were not Indigenous to the lsland. That's like stating the obvious. Of course they are not Indigenous there.
But the Indigenous Bonny kings were all of Igbo origin! Glynn, Captain Crow and Baike told us this. Basden never contradicted this as at no point did he claim that head of Bonny houses and the kings were Ijaw or Igbo. He was blank on that.

You are basically trying to build something on nothing!
To be able to overrule Captain Crow, Arthur Glynn, Talbot, and Baike take on Igbo origin of Bonny Aboriginals and kings.
You would have to show where Basden claimed they were Ijaw! And even if you could, which is impossible because Basden never said such, it would only be Basden vs Glynn, Baike, Captain Crow and Talbot.
That's 1 vs 4.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:47am On Mar 02, 2022
OfoIgbo:

You are still not getting it. The AMADABO brouhaha of a few weeks ago, gave a little insight into the ancestry of the Bonny royal family. The publications, by the dissidents and the publication by Bonny indigenes, clearly laid to rest, the ancestry of the royal household. They are clearly Igbo which is why the Ijaw-inspired coup was attempted.

To make your case stick, you have to show us what Basden said about the royal family. Show us a snippet where Basden claimed that from his interaction with the reigning king of Bonny, that the king told him that the Bonny royal family was of Ijaw ancestry.

If you can't show this, then you have no point.

Anyway, Basden has already given us the map of Igboland, so we are alright with Basden grin grin
Igbos as slaves in Bonny.

Thanks.
When is your own map coming?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by izac82: 11:51am On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

Igbos as slaves in Bonny.

Thanks.
When is your own map coming?
lol. so you mean all Igbo speakers in Bonny are slaves?
What height of arrogance this is man?
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:52am On Mar 02, 2022
Igboid:

Basden talked of Igbo slaves in Bonny being non Indigenous.
He made no note on Bonny chiefs and kings.
Is this piece of information lost on you?

Those who made notes on Bonny kings and chiefs all without exception got told by the kings that they were of Igbo origin.

That's the missing link to the blank Basden left.
He wasn't just talking about Bonny,he was emphatic about the coastal areas of the delta.Igbos aren't indigenous to those areas.

That quashes everything you've brought up so far,weda na Baike or Crow o,it cancelled everything.It was a fullstop to the controversy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Delta State Of the West , see the tribe in delta state, No igbo ThisGlob e.com / The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated / Senator Ita Giwa Caught In The Act (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.