Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? (10651 Views)

The Ijaws And Their Pipe Dreams; Darkness In Reality / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break / Finally, Ihedioha Has Been Declared Governor Elect, Antiquity Prince AAA Confirm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2022
nuelleoz:

There is also another version of Israel being of the tribe of Naphtali
Yes,
Izon was a strong city in naphtali, a war broke out and after it was destroyed, they journeyed.
There could also be a migration from them, hence this name.
Izon.

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
First of all, I want to remind the OP that this is 2022. What that means is that no one can have knowledge of any information alone.

This is not time you wake up from the left side of your bed and start telling us your fantasies. Any pseudo history without accessible and verifiable data falls within the cock and bull category. So the author should provide supporting historical text and spare us the fables of spirit beings falling from the sky and slamming their coconut head hard on a rock.

For Oru people, as far as I am consigned language is one of the most formidable mark of a person's identity, because it takes years for a language to change/become lost. Historical accounts from way back 1750 has continued to show that ijaws are domiciled in parts of today's Bayelsa. Several accounts of the eastern coast of the delta by European authors had no mention of ijaws.

So it is a mischief of laughable proportion for someone who doesn't know Okrika history to be claiming Ibaka is Ijaw when Okrika itself is of mixed heritage.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Eastlink(m): 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Igboid:

But why did all the early anthropologists all ignored this fact.
Why did none of them mention it!
I mean, a simple look at Ijaw skin color and their language shows that they are aliens and not native to southern NIGERIA.
They have nothing in common with the Indigenous Edoid, Igboid,Yoruboid and Ibibiod Aboriginals of Southern Nigeria.
Their language also sticks out.
European porters brought them to our shores, yet they mysteriously failed to record and state it clearly in all their memoirs.

Something is fishy.

What do you think?
I made this same theory too after observing some fishy traits about the Ijaws. Dede1 was consistent and when I did my hypotesis everything proved that Dede was right.

Ijaws came journeyed with the Portuguese ships to our shores from their habitations in Togo, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Sierra-Leone.

Finding the earliest Ijaw homeland among the following countries will take a bit of historical research and cultural/linguistic similarities to find the truth. Looking at the Ijaw language, maternalistic culture, physical pigmentation and names like Ofori, Nana, Pere etc you can tell that Akan connections.

How the Ijaw population later subdued the indigenous communities needs to be studied as well. Did the Portuguese arm these Ijaw migrants with guns as was done with the Benin's to help subdue and penetrate the sorrounding tribes?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by WorWorBoy: 9:43pm On Mar 01, 2022
9Pluto:
First of all, I want to remind the OP that this is 2022. What that means is that no one can have knowledge of any information alone.

This is not time you wake up from the left side of your bed and start telling us your fantasies. Any pseudo history without accessible and verifiable data falls within the cock and bull category. So the author should provide supporting historical text and spare us the fables of spirit beings falling from the sky and slamming their head hard on a rock.

As for Oru people, as far as I am consigned language is one of the most formidable mark of a person's identity, because it takes year for a language to change/become lost. Historical accounts from way back 1750 has continued to show that ijaws are domiciled in parts of Bayelsa. Several accounts of the eastern coast of the delta by European authors had no mention of ijaws.

So it is a mischief of laughable proportion for some who doesn't know Okrika history to be claiming Ibaka is Ijaw when Okrika itself is of mixed heritage.
It is amazing how people who are not from Okrika thinks and act as if they know Okrika history more than Okrikans themselves. What do you even know about Okrika in the first place that you are saying that Okrika has mixed heritage? Oga there's nothing like mix heritage in Okrika, Okrika is 95%ijaw 5% others.

I don't know if the ibaka people of Akwa ibom are ijaws or not but I do know this, that's there's ibaka in Okrika and it's one of the towns in Okrika and Okrika people are ijaws.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
WorWorBoy:
It is amazing how people who are not from Okrika thinks and act as if they know Okrika history more than Okrikans themselves. What do you even know about Okrika in the first place that you are saying that Okrika has mixed heritage? Oga there's nothing like mix heritage in Okrika, Okrika is 95%ijaw 5% others.

I don't know if the ibaka people of Akwa ibom are ijaws or not but I do know this, that's there's ibaka in Okrika and it's one of the towns in Okrika and Okrika people are ijaws.

You still contradicted yourself by saying Okrika is 95% ijaw and 5% others.
While I don't want to argue with you about properly documented Okrika history with persistent modern evidence.
Can you kindly tell me the ijaw meanings of these Okrika names, I learnt it is very common there and I am just curious:

Wakama

Asonumaka

Thanks.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
JANK23H:

Even though I disagree with the author's poor opinion of the Igbo coast dwelling neighbours. You sort of confirmed our long draw argument that the Igbos are not coastal dwellers but were found in the hinterlands.

It didn't confirm anything. At no point in that paragraph did the writer write that Bonny and Opobo were not Igbo territories.

Coastal Igbos are mainly in Bonny and Opobo. The vast majority of Igbos are of course, in the hinterland

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
JANK23H:

Notes on the Ibo country and the Ibo People, Southern Nigeria by George Basden,Pg 243

Alabo7978
Putinthebutt

I will be happy for you to also attach the map of Igboland that Basden drew. That will make you cry.

Igboid take note. Basden killed Ijaws with the map of Igboland that he sketched in his book

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
JANK23H:

SMH

You still don't get the point,do you?

There were two versions,Efik and Ijo.The Aros conducted them to Bakana,it wasn't stated that the Aros settled with them.That's the Efik version.No Aro/Igbo connection.

However,the Ijo version is totally different.

The question is,what do the people call themselves?The continuous attempt by Igbos to force other ethnicities to identify with them reeks of desperation and inferiority complex.

Through the memoirs of Captain Crow, we know that Aros not only conducted the Efik founders of New Calabar, but settled among them and ruled them as kings.
See receipt below. Captain Crow noted that the majority of the inhabitants of New Calabar and Bonny as of that point in time were on the majority Igbos, the kings of Bonny and New Calabar were of Igbo origin too.

Also, Asari Dokubo admitted that his great grandfather was of Abam( Aro) origin and ruled Buguma!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
Eastlink:
I made this same theory too after observing some fishy traits about the Ijaws. Dede1 was consistent and when I did my hypotesis everything proved that Dede was right.

Ijaws came journeyed with the Portuguese ships to our shores from their habitations in Togo, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Sierra-Leone.

Finding the earliest Ijaw homeland among the following countries will take a bit of historical research and cultural/linguistic similarities to find the truth. Looking at the Ijaw language, maternalistic culture, physical pigmentation and names like Ofori, Nana, Pere etc you can tell that Akan connections.

How the Ijaw population later subdued the indigenous communities needs to be studies as well. Did the Portuguese arm these Ijaw migrants with guns as was done with the Benin's to help subdue and penetrate the sorrounding tribes?

Ndiigbo as a people in due time will need to spend big to unravel and expose the conspiracy surrounding the Ijaw sudden appearance in our coasts.

Yes! Dede Chibu had shown how the Portuguese created the Bini tribe to help them in their slave raids.
But they didn't need such in the East, since the Efiks and Bonny Igbos were already playing along.
But again you wonder why the Efik who were the main players in the slave trade with Portuguese in the East initially had to be expanded westwards by moving them to Bom(old name for the land where New Calabar was founded) and then have their numbers swelled up quickly with the aid of Aros and their Abam and Edda warriors.

What was the plan?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
OfoIgbo:

I will be happy for you to also attach the map of Igboland that Basden drew. That will make you cry.

Igboid take note. Basden killed Ijaws with the map of Igboland that he sketched in his book

Please don't wait for him. They are usually allergic to any historical document not printed in the 60s upwards, when they started their revisionism.
If you have the map, share it to edify the audience.
I see many people peeping in as guests.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
Igboid:

Through the memoirs of Captain Crow, we know that Aros not only conducted the Efik founders of New Calabar, but settled among them and ruled them as kings.
See receipt below. Captain Crow noted that the majority of the inhabitants of New Calabar and Bonny as of that point in time were on the majority Igbos, the kings of Bonny and New Calabar were of Igbo origin too.

Also, Asari Dokubo admitted that his great grandfather was of Abam( Aro) origin and ruled Buguma!

I don't take Crow's memoir seriously,so you are wasting your time showing me

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Sigismund Koelle's map was the most accurate in the 1800s and early 1900s

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
JANK23H:

I don't take Crow's memoir seriously,so you are wasting your time showing me

Yet you rushed to quote Talbot who only made a guess using "Perhaps" on the antiquity of Ijaw, while directly quoting same Captain Crow you don't take serious on the Igbo origin of Bonny!

You don't take Captain Crow serious, but you quote a book written by a man who took him serious enough to quote him. grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
OfoIgbo:

That map showed where Igbos are located which included Bonny.Before then however,he had introduced a caveat that Igbos weren't indigenous to Bonny.I saw the map,so what's there to cry about?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2022
Igboid:

Yet you rushed to quote Talbot who only made a guess using "Perhaps" on the antiquity of Ijaw, while directly quoting same Captain Crow you don't take serious on the Igbo origin of Bonny!

You don't take Captain Crow serious, but you quote a book written by a man who took him serious enough to quote him. grin
Tell me the title of the Talbot book you quoted?

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by bomb24: 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Towns in Okrika with Igbo names:

Abam- Slave traders

Amadi- Aro-chukwu

Ndubusi.

Ojimba.

Oba

9pluto
igboid
ofoigbo
bkayy
slayerforever
Eastlink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
Igboid:

so someone quote him, e mean say e quote him entire writing?
Don't you know what quote means?
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
JANK23H:

That map showed where Igbos are located which included Bonny.Before then however,he had introduced a caveat that Igbos weren't indigenous to Bonny.I saw the map,so what's there to cry about?
wonderful snippets.
That's what I've always said...after the subsequent expeditions during missionary journeys, the fact was unraveling that the igbos who were at the Delta's were slaves, and as Ekealterego said, the delta was filled with disease and less habitable.

Thank you once again JANK23H
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by SlayerForever: 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
bomb24:
Towns in Okrika with Igbo names:

Abam- Slave traders

Amadi- Aro-chukwu

Ndubusi.

Ojimba.

Oba

9pluto
igboid
ofoigbo
bkayy
slayerforever
Eastlink

There are more.

Ijaw pressure made them change the names to Ijaw sounding names.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Igboid:

You and crow's disasterpieace again.

You too like weeded, fallacious and obsolete works.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by kingyakos: 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Dem be cyborg
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 12:39am On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

Basden at no point interviewed the chiefs of Bonny on their origin.
Infact his work was never about the origin of Bonny.
He merely assumed that because the majority of the slaves were of Igbo origin and because Igbo hinterland was far away, therefore Igbos were not Indigenous to Bonny.

If he interviewed the Bonny chiefs and asked for list of past Bonny kings and their Origin like Arthur Glynn, William Baike and Captain Crow all did.
He would have gotten the same story of Bonny founder being an Igbo from Igbo hinterland!.
See Glynn, Baike, and Captain Crow quotes on that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 12:44am On Mar 02, 2022
Alabo7978:

You and crow's disasterpieace again.

You too like weeded, fallacious and obsolete works.

What about Talbot, Glynn or Baike?

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 12:45am On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

Tell me the title of the Talbot book you quoted?

Tribes of the Niger Delta and their religion.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by WorWorBoy: 1:57am On Mar 02, 2022
9Pluto:

While I don't want to argue with you about properly documented Okrika history with persistent modern evidence.
Can you kindly tell me the ijaw meanings of these Okrika names, I learnt it is very common there and I am just curious:

Wakama

Asonumaka

Thanks.
Mr man Okrika is 95% ijaw and 5%others,you an Igbo man can not tell me my people history that is something I will never accept. And Wakama is the corrupt version of wakanma which means don't tear us apart In Okrika ijaw language.
There's no town in Okrika that goes by the name Asounmaka, so I don't know where you get that whatever from.

7 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BlackSaints: 2:02am On Mar 02, 2022
SlayerForever:

There are more.

Ijaw pressure made them change the names to Ijaw sounding names.
Something your fore fathers told you abi? Well your brother was very modest how you igbos came to be in Okrika which is true slave trade, something you have being denying since you start this your land grabbing tendency. Well, any igbos you see in Okrika are descendant of slaves,and slaves have no right to drag land in their masters place .

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BlackSaints: 2:06am On Mar 02, 2022
9Pluto:

Wakama

Asonumaka

Thanks.
Worrworboy is just being kind with you if it were up to me, I'll say that Okrika is 98%ijaw and 2% others. Seeing that there's zero foreign influence in Okrika is enough to send you land grabbing Pests to whatever hell you clown came from. And btw, what the fvcktards is Asounmaka anyway lol.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Shiver99: 2:38am On Mar 02, 2022
WorWorBoy:
Mr man Okrika is 95% ijaw and 5%others,you an Igbo can not tell me my people history that is something I will never accept. And Wakama is the corrupt version of wakanma which means don't tear us apart In Okrika ijaw language.
There's no town in Okrika that goes by the name Asounmaka, so I don't know where you get that whatever from.

Do you never get tired of operating who knows how many different Nairaland accounts?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by WorWorBoy: 3:02am On Mar 02, 2022
Shiver99:

Do you never get tired of operating who knows how many different Nairaland accounts?
Unfortunate for you, I'm not like you who has numerous account. And if you think that I'm going to sit back and allow you igbos twist my people history just to suit your Igbo narrative then you are having hallucination, cause that will never happen.

7 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 3:36am On Mar 02, 2022
JANK23H:

Please when you attach snippets of information, tell us who wrote it and what year the book was published, so we can compare with earlier writeups on Bonny.

Secondly, you are lying. I will look for the map later on today and also display what title was given to the map. Not all these falsifications of the map that you are giving here.

Thirdly, why is the royal family of Bonny, of Igbo ancestry, and has always been so throughout history, if Igbos are not autochthonous to the land?

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by DCatt: 3:57am On Mar 02, 2022
Isn't that something! There are Ogbo, Okun and Oru towns in Ogun state. There's also Olodi and Imoru areas in Ijebu Ode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by SlayerForever: 6:13am On Mar 02, 2022
[s]
BlackSaints:
Something your fore fathers told you abi? Well your brother was very modest how you igbos came to be in Okrika which is true slave trade, something you have being denying since you start this your land grabbing tendency. Well, any igbos you see in Okrika are descendant of slaves,and slaves have no right to drag land in their masters place .
[/s]

You are only consoling yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ismaila Yakubu Agba Killed In Kogi (APC Youth Leader) / "Suffocate Their Ambitions;" Sanwo-Olu Asks Lagos Voters To Reject Opposition / Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.