Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border (48068 Views)

First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians In Sudan Arrive Abuja (Video, Photos) / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by MrDebonair: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2022
Shouldn't the Nigerian ambassador to Poland in conjunction with FG make arrangements with his counterparts for Nigerians to leave Ukraine via Poland?

The Fed Govt. should have summoned the Polish ambassador to Nigeria to explain why Poland is refusing assistance to Nigerians escaping war in Ukraine. Otherwise ambassador should be expelled out of Nigeria. We are talking about lives here.

Shame
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 27, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

How are Polish at fault here?

It is wartime, I believe there is a policy that allows for immigration laws to be relaxed.

Why allowing only Ukrainians over?

Moreover, was it Polish police or Ukrainian police that removed people from the train?

Can you see that you don't even know what you're saying?

The Poles have to be blamed for not allowing Nigerians into their country, not the Ukrainians. That was why their ambassador was summoned. Or do you know more about international policy than the FG and ministry ot foreign affairs? Oversabi! undecided

As for the train incident, they had to give priority to women and children first. At least I saw a video of a Nigerian guy whose wife and child were allowed onto the train except for the guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by LordErrk: 8:26am On Feb 27, 2022
Samson0599:
See them talking about racism. Which racism is worse than the one practiced here on Nairaland.

I wish I could share this a million times. Nigerians detest each other

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by seyz91(m): 8:27am On Feb 27, 2022
Or the tribalism within nigeria herself cheesy
Samson0599:
See them talking about racism. Which racism is worse than the one practiced here on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:

Can you see that you don't even know what you're saying?

The Poles have to be blamed for not allowing Nigerians into their country, not the Ukrainians.

As for the train incident, they had to give priority to women and children first. At least I saw a video of a Nigerian guy whose wife and child were allowed onto the train except for the guy.

You are not at the border.

Those at the border have posted that Ukrainian soldiers and police are the ones denying non-Ukrainians from crossing.

That is beside the train incident.

The incident involving Indian students proves that the Polish are letting everyone in, but the Ukrainian border guards are selective.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by juman(m): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2022
elampiro:

You understand some of the complications the border guard face. Ukrainians citizens have 3 months free visa access to the EU/Schengen ordinarily. They will have no long process to clean in.

But non-EU in Ukraine have no free-visa access to Schengen region. Ordinarily, they were supposed to be heavily scrutinized to be stamped in. I guess the border guards were initially confused. Yesterday, I was told all Nigerians were stamped in for 3 months. Some already in such countries as Germany with family members

Positive news.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by seyz91(m): 8:31am On Feb 27, 2022
I knew that circular was a lie as well

I've always said it, african leaders don't know how to rule or lead, all they do and care about is themselves and family alone, each their own, loot, loot, loot, share money, go buy properties abroad, discuss yearly budget, election and thats all, nothing else

But when it comes to internation dealings and crisis you will never see their incompetent lots being proactive at all

I wish the world can just end once and for all

I detest/hate african leaders, Nigeria especially!
setobaba:
the voice in the video last words are “lord we are praying that the world should just end, Lord let it just end” that’s a frustrated Nigerian out here, they out there in a terrible cold, they’ve nothing wrong than to go look for a good life.
And one useless circular was seen stating that staffs and busses were waiting for the stranded Nigerians at the Poland border at the moment, immediately I saw the information, i knew it’s all a lie, Nigeria doesn’t have the capability to save you all right now except you save yourselves. I pray nature protect and guild you all.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Pharaohny: 8:31am On Feb 27, 2022
I don come
The moderator that ban me for a week Osogbo Thuder fire you tongue grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:33am On Feb 27, 2022
MrDebonair:
Shouldn't the Nigerian ambassador to Poland in conjunction with FG make arrangements with his counterparts for Nigerians to leave Ukraine via Poland?

The Fed Govt. should have summoned the Polish ambassador to Nigeria to explain why Poland is refusing assistance to Nigerians escaping war in Ukraine. Otherwise ambassador should be expelled out of Nigeria. We are talking about lives here.

Shame

They said only Ukrainians are allowed to cross.

Should that not tell you that it is not the Polish, but the Ukrainians doing this stuff?

This may not be racist; it might be nationalistic.

But still, it is condemnable.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by streetsoldier1(m): 8:34am On Feb 27, 2022
Godfullsam:
Although most whites have an atom of racism in them even though most of them pretend to be civilised.

But you see these Russians, Ukrainians, polish and Chinese? They are racist by default.
Their hatred for the blacks is second to none.

Instead of praying for Ukraine, pls pray for the Nigerians and Africans in Ukraine

Add Germany to the list. The most stupid set of humans
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Exkandayee(m): 8:35am On Feb 27, 2022
chiefoga:
Nigeria is better than Ukraine. I’d rather be a student in unilag than whatever it is they have in Ukraine. This kind of nonsense rarely happens in Nigeria. Learn to love your own, learn to love, stay, and develop your shores.

If you’re gonna japa, go hang with the big boys instead. Don’t go to Ukraine that is worse than Nigeria, go to Russia instead and be with the big boys. Stop little brothering yourselves.
Shut up idiot, you never even comot nija you are making noise,ignoramus people like you keep giving you likes, people travel where the currency exchange is higher and Ukraine is good example, there's Job there too,so stop talking shiiiittt if can't afford to travel,100k hryvnia is 1.4milla gja currency,so stop disgracing your old papa for house
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by karkinase(m): 8:35am On Feb 27, 2022
Only people who haven’t travelled out thinks abroad is some sort of eldorado, any small thing japa japa.. even if you are to Japa @ least go better countries, now war has erupt you want to run away, things don’t work that way. Let’s learn to build our own, the same place you running to was builtby her citizens. Nigerians be wise.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by wenogodie2: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2022
Reflect7:
The Ukrainians you are all supporting and feeling sorry for, are racist against you.

Let that be a lesson to you mumu oyinbo-worshiping Nigerians.

So that's a good reason for them to be slaughtered by Russia
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Olowosaudi(m): 8:39am On Feb 27, 2022
Funny country and people we are. Everyday, many Nigerians are dying needless deaths and many Nigerians are not bothered or touched. Smh

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by madjune(m): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2022
Poland is cursed with natural traitors and racists.

Traditionally, they serialy sell out people in hopeless situations.

During the WW2, that's how they sold out Jews to the Germans who were led to their death in concentration camps.

They even locked their doors on Jews who came knocking on their doors in search of warmth and food.

Cursed Polish people.

I don't blame English people who treat them like trash which they are.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Chukdobz20: 8:44am On Feb 27, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Westerners are better than the Soviets and Chinese.

Blacks have a say in the West and well integrated into the system. Can you say such about China, Russia or Ukraine.

They naturally detest blacks!

Develop your country and stop this entitlement mentality... Even in Nigeria there is discrimination..
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Bamzyriches451: 8:45am On Feb 27, 2022
Damn!
Too bad
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Didi2d(m): 8:47am On Feb 27, 2022
Nwodosis:
Tribalism that is deep rooted in us is worst than racism! We don't have moral justification to complain of racism. Children and women of a particular tribe in Nigeria were almost wiped out with hunger in a war due to tribalistic hatred. That same tribe can't rule the country nor be allowed to have their independent nation, their offence being their tribe.

Search your conscience if you want to quote me.

You might just be correct, but you must understand that that same tribe you're talking about are also guilty.
You hardly see or hear of people from other tribe in Nigeria most especially from west holding a political office there, in fact they won't allow. But you see them here in Lagos and some other part of Yoruba land holding political offices, such as councillor, lc chairman and even commissioner

So your point is not 100% valid
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by tonididdy(m): 8:50am On Feb 27, 2022
... A time will come when they will come running to Africa for safety.

This is why I don't give a single F about what Putin is doing to Ukraine. For all I care, he should have used the nuclear option by now. What's the delay in taking over the capital by now, why isn't zelensky head hanging on a pole already. angry

You want to bam ba? You want to chill with the big west, na you go run kitikiti

1 Share

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by MrDebonair: 8:56am On Feb 27, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

They said only Ukrainians are allowed to cross.

Should that not tell you that it is not the Polish, but the Ukrainians doing this stuff?

This may not be racist; it might be nationalistic.

But still, it is condemnable.

Do you expect the Ukrainians to negotiate the passage for Nigerian citizens? Each govt is responsible for that. That's why Nigeria has foreign minister. There is no justifiable excuse. There was enough time ahead before the start of the war.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by richie240: 8:56am On Feb 27, 2022
Wow, that's pure wickedness brah, but what did ds ''particular tribe'' do b4 they were ''almost wiped out with hunger'' biko?

Also, why do u think 'that same tribe' "cannot rule this country".
Becus ayam not understanding as d way u put it in ur post it seems others just woke up one day and started kirring 'that particular trube' and also laid political embargo on them.

Teach us biko, we wan learn.
cool

Nwodosis:
Tribalism that is deep rooted in us is worst than racism! We don't have moral justification to complain of racism. Children and women of a particular tribe in Nigeria were almost wiped out with hunger in a war due to tribalistic hatred. That same tribe can't rule the country nor be allowed to have their independent nation, their offence being their tribe.

Search your conscience if you want to quote me.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:59am On Feb 27, 2022
MrDebonair:

Do you expect the Ukrainians to negotiate the passage for Nigerian citizens? Each govt is responsible for that. That's why Nigeria has foreign minister. There is no justifiable excuse. There was enough time ahead before the start of the war.

Then, why were the Indians denied despite the arrangements made by the Indian government?

The Polish have said they are letting everyone in.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Gamesmart: 9:08am On Feb 27, 2022
Reflect7:

Nigerians suffer from racial inferiority complex which makes them believe that ANY 'white' or lighter skinned country 'must be better than Nigeria'. They rarely bother to research where it is they are going. Their only 'research' is to ascertain the skin colour of the people there. If it is white or yellow, off they go.

I mean, you have Nigerians in war-torn Libya today, working as slaves in fields. They never bothered to research the situation there before travelling.

I can bet you and your children have a white name, and your children only communicate in English.

I lie?
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Broveens42(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2022
Ahumanbeing:
You people are praying and wishing Ukrainians well, Ukraine police is preventing Africans from crossing the border to Poland �

I know today people will go to church to pray for their oppressors.

That's Africa for you grin
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by badinfluence: 9:08am On Feb 27, 2022
Judolisco:
U dey blame African leaders again for Ukraine? Many of u went there because u thought their system was perfect.... Dis is clear racism... But instead of calling out d Poland government... we must always find the opening to bring in our leaders....
I tried to understand that 'I blame African leaders' line. I just tire..

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Gamesmart: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2022
IgweOfNnewi:
This is appalling and unacceptable, so they subjected and exposed 2 months old baby to unnecessary avoidable human degradation and vulnerability, what nonsense is this.

How many 2 months old babies in the SE, and Nigeria as a whole, do your own people prevent from living in human degradation and vulnerability at the moment even and in the last 40 years?
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

You are not at the border.

Those at the border have posted that Ukrainian soldiers and police are the ones denying non-Ukrainians from crossing.

That is beside the train incident.

The incident involving Indian students proves that the Polish are letting everyone in, but the Ukrainian border guards are selective.

So the Nigerians that were able to enter Poland, how did they do it? Or didn't your read or hear that some Nigerians were allowed into Poland?

For what reason would they (Ukrainians) prevent a non-national from leaving their country cos it doesn't make sense to me... I am not saying it's impossible, but it's ridiculous. Some Nigerians won't also say the truth cos some may not even have their passports and as such, it could be difficult registering or identifying them.

On the part of the FG, the Polish Ambassador was summoned and said Nigerians were allowed to enter and stay for 12 days. That's as far as I know. I won't speak like someone at the border, so don't speak as the same or assume that everything you read online is true.

PS: I am not trying to make a case for Ukraine, I am a Nigerian like you, but blaming Ukraine for racism whilst they are at war, especially since sorrounding circumstances aren't perfect, is uncalled for.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 27, 2022
Digmygold:

For your.mind you don write nonsense wey make sense. They should stay in a Country full of shi*. Where they will graduate from Uni and not get a job for donkey years nor a dime to start up a business because you are financially okay, or got your money via some dubious means you dey dish out nonsense advice. " Stay.and develop your shores" kee you dia.

Still better than being discriminated against due to colour of skin and freezing to death in 3 degree weather.

Nigeria IS BETTER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? / Man Paid For VIP Seating At The Airport, Shares Receipt (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.