Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" (34684 Views)

China Says It Conducted 'Readiness Patrol' Around Taiwan / China's Says Their Friendship With Russia Is "Rock Solid" / China Says Guantanamo Bay Is The Real "Detention Camp" For Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Kenobi1312(m): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
You really know what's up. NATO should stop expanding eastward as they once agreed!
complexBoss12:
It's a pity that the people of Ukraine will be sacrificed for a new world order. As I said in my previous post few days ago, Putin would rather seen an end to the world than end like Hitler, and just today, he put nuclear weapons on alert over sanctions.

Putin ain't playing by any rules.

Ukrainian President thinks it sounds good to "die a hero" But I will tell you guys for free "there is nothing heroic about death". If you have watched someone die, it's painful and inglorious.

Recognizing than someone is stronger than you is not a sign of weakness but strength. The president of Ukraine is being used as a pawn, in a game that is bigger him. He is sacrificing his people for stupid pride. It's a natural law that the weak, should be subject to the strong. Talk to Putin, negotiate. mind you that, Russia hasn't even started war, they are more less playing the deplomatic game of threatening you to come for negotiation, if they decide to end Ukraine in 24 hours it will be done.

You can still quote me and talk rubbish, but sentiment don't win wars. I am being practical here. In international politics, once deplomacy fails, people get hurt.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by tolue42(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:
It's a pity that the people of Ukraine will be sacrificed for a new world order. As I said in my previous post few days ago, Putin would rather seen an end to the world than end like Hitler, and just today, he put nuclear weapons on alert over sanctions.

Ukrainian President thinks it sounds good to "die a hero" But I will tell you guys for free "there is nothing heroic about death". If you have watched someone die, it's painful and inglorious.

Recognizing than someone is stronger than you is not a sign of weakness but strength. The president of Ukraine is being used as a pawn, in a game that is bigger him. He is sacrificing his people for stupid pride. It's a natural law that the weak, should be subject to the strong. Talk to Putin, negotiate. mind you that, Russia hasn't even started war, they are more less playing the deplomatic game of threatening you to come for negotiation, if they decide to end Ukraine in 24 hours it will be done.

You can still quote me and talk rubbish, but sentiment don't win wars. I am being practical here. In international politics, once deplomacy fails, people get hurt.

You're not making sense...should a country decide who another SOVERIGN country sign a treaty with?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by TomShelby: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
ivolt:
Of course, China will speak out against sanctions as it is also a victim of many sanctions.

But what Putin really needs from China is an outright declaration of support.
Unfortunately for Putin, China has always been opposed to invading sovereign countries under any pretence.
It cannot back the invasion without destroying its long held anti-invasion stand.

Outright declaration. loool
Mr man make I no just insult you with watin dey my mind now. China won’t do shit. If USA and Russia goes to war today, China won’t because of that go to war with USA. If USA and Russia goes to war , China automatically wins economically which is what they’ve been looking for all their life. Become the biggest economy while US is still fighting. They have no pledge to fight for Russia. China and Russia are just to friendly country. They can only support Russia low key by sending weapons , money and stuff. Those short people are too smart . They want to become the biggest economy in the world and they will get it if USA go to war right now, everyone will depend on China.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by jimtemi1: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
Rugaria:

How is China selfish? In the few years that China has interacted with Africa, they have built up all sorts of infastructure for African countries for free! Roads, bridges, train stations and tracks, airports, name it.., even the AU headquarters was built for free by China! Now name those basic infastructures that have been built by the west across Africa for the development of the continent and not for easy looting of the continent. Remember that relations between Africa and the Western world has been on for almost 500 years.. How many African head of States have been assassinated by China? None! How many have been assassinated by France? Dozens! How many coups have been sponsored here by China? None! How many by Britain America and France? Dozens! So how's China the Evil one?
hmm u are right Sir, but remember China isn't a democratic country, they recognises only one party,they are doing all what the did just to be a influencia country, of which they have already achieved that.but on the selfish aspect I mentioned is because they will always help u in other to have control over u
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ogkrakkid(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

Undiluted. cheesy
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by dvkot(m): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
I Laughed when someone said that china is against Russia in this war
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Princedapace(m): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
Najdorf:

US/Russia/Ukraine none of this countries are saints with clean history but you have to understand that this invasion on the basis of "self defense" makes no sense.

Ukraine CAN NOT join NATO.

And it has been like that for the past 8 or so years. Ukraine can't even join EU anytime soon. Russia already killed Ukraine's plan of joining NATO in 2014 by starting the disputes in Crimea that they have fueled ever since then. For a country to join NATO you need a lot of things, one of them is being free of border disputes.

Now I ask you, seeing that Ukraine is far far from joining NATO or EU, what then is the justification of this invasion?

The same justifcation that USA invaded Iraq, Libya, Afganistan, etc. It is interest. Russia as a super powwer is trying to protect her interest.

World powers dont mess with one another's interest. That is their secret code of conduct as they go ahead to deal with various countries.

The agreement was that NATO should not come to eastern Europe since Russia is the lord of Eastern Europe while West manages western sides. But since then, NATO has been expanding to East Europe. Then the worse happened, USA and her allies crreated a coup that removed a president in Ukrain who was pro Russian. When that president came in, there was break out of civil war which had Ukraine western pro led govt fighting a region that is pro russia. That civil war has claimed over 14k lives who are mainly pro russians.
Russia saw this as a slap on the Russia's face by the west. Na USA dey find trouble bro. Make USA respect Russian interests.

Remember, USA tried this shit with China when they were testing waters on messing with Chinese interest which is Taiwon. Remember what china said.
See, no world power likes their interests messed with by another world power. It triggers invasion and war.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by etel124(m): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
kakaflex:
China can't be trusted
China can...They are with Russia...make water pass garri...then it ll be evident..
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by dvkot(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

thank you for this.. Why can't USA just ask Ukraine to lay down arms and talk with russia? Why are they fueling the war by sending more weapons to Ukraine? Make Russia use nuclear weapon let all man rest. Usa hypocrite is too much it can only be tamed by Russia
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Zakarisammy(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2022
HenryDion:
China is still neutral until it escalates to a nuclear war. Then you'll see them joining with Russia to finally annihilate the west.

A few hours ago North Korea launched a ballistic missile as a test. What was the point? I don't know. A show of power?

If this end with one nuclear launch, the world will never remain the same again.

You have said it all Boss. Weldone
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Automolite: 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
defending indeed by striking a sovereign nation where NATO isn't stationing any evident attack from
Tah..
Iraq too was a sovereign nation that USA sent troops into in the name of looking for nuclear weapons and defending the US against attack.
Did they find any?. Have they apologized for the millions of lives lost in Iraq?.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by RedPilChurchBoy: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

Louder pls.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Tokziby: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

Should Ukraine become Russia's 'buffer' when it clearly does not want to?

(Your question is valid by the way, but Ukraine too has rights. Better not take sides. )
Imagine ur blood brother living in the same flat but different room flirting with ur enemy. If u cautioned him severally but he no heed, what will u do?
Note: The capital of former USSR used to be in Kyiev with all the nukes and weaponry until 1991 before the break. Also Russia gave out 48billion dollars as bailout bond when they were in trouble. In addition the current govt was helped by u.s and nato to overthrow the pro-russia govt.
I don't support war but what the west did through Afghanistan and others to break the USSR is about to repeat itself and Russia will never have it. Drastic times requires drastic measures
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by shogsman(m): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
MT:
China has seen what is coming for them if they attempt to invade Taiwan. US is praying that China should do it, so that they can be hit like they have never experienced before.
Typical mumu,you think say china na Iraq,they will sanction someone that has a bigger economy than them, someone they depend on for a living
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Miner13: 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

.should Russia allow NATO to build a base in Ukraine?
should your father allow you to build your home?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Automolite: 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
Pipefitter:

Technically, you mean I need my neighbors permission to rent out a portion of my land, is that? Is Ukraine a Russian territory/state? A sovereign country has right to determine what's best for them.
If ur neighborhood allows armed robbers, fraudsters, ritualists and other criminal elements to reside in same compound with u..will u not be concerned for ur safety?.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by seunayantokun(m): 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2022
Those sanctions are not unilateral, Mr China, or you've suddenly lost the meaning of the word in the Chinese lexicon? Why can't you criticise your aggressive friend who took a unilateral decision to invade Ukraine? Yeyenatu!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by victorsola: 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2022
U said it yourself that Russia placed something in Cuba . This nobody placed anything yet , it’s still a deliberation and Russia is already shouting. This was how Germany started before he ended living stupid countries wey no get sense to surfer at the end of the day .
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by victorsola: 5:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
Automolite:

If ur neighborhood allows armed robbers, fraudsters, ritualists and other criminal elements to reside in same compound with u..will u not be concerned for ur safety?.
why not let him accept nato first , abi just a deliberation you attack , it doesn’t make sense , Putin is just a dictator. And why not fight the so criminals if you are so powerful.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by PHIPEX(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
Archworld:

Sanders, US senator said the same thing. US will not allow Mexico or Cuba to form a military alliance with their arch enemy Russia. Yet, US want to penetrate Russia by forming military alliance with Ukraine. US own the media that is why we see Russia and Putin as a dictator. And most of the key western countries are already with NATO , so it is easy for them to join US and sanction Russia
I have heard people talk about US penetrating Russia through Ukraine so many time. Are you aware US and Russia are neighbours already

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Kaiser20: 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
dvkot:
thank you for this.. Why can't USA just ask Ukraine to lay down arms and talk with russia? Why are they fueling the war by sending more weapons to Ukraine? Make Russia use nuclear weapon let all man rest. Usa hypocrite is too much it can only be tamed by Russia
History shows that USA will fuel war in country, promise you everything, then later abandon the country and runaway, that is American tactical gear
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by dvkot(m): 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kaiser20:

History shows that USA will fuel war in country, promise you everything, then later abandon the country and runaway, that is American tactical gear
i swear bro
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by victorsola: 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
Tokziby:

Imagine ur blood brother living in the same flat but different room flirting with ur enemy. If u cautioned him severally but he no heed, what will u do?
Note: The capital of former USSR used to be in Kyiev with all the nukes and weaponry until 1991 before the break. Also Russia gave out 48billion dollars as bailout bond when they were in trouble. In addition the current govt was helped by u.s and nato to overthrow the pro-russia govt.
I don't support war but what the west did through Afghanistan and others to break the USSR is about to repeat itself and Russia will never have it. Drastic times requires drastic measures
you people given this analogy are very funny , why can’t you kill the enemy yourself if you are not a coward . You come dey beat your brother . And they are not even brothers
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by dvkot(m): 6:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
victorsola:
why not let him accept nato first , abi just a deliberation you attack , it doesn’t make sense , Putin is just a dictator. And why not fight the so criminals if you are so powerful.
the person you quote made a nice description of what USA is trying to do? So if your neighbor is harbouring criminals you will wait for them to attack you first before you make your next move abi
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by eginaP: 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

Finally someone is making sense.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by dvkot(m): 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
victorsola:
you people given this analogy are very funny , why can’t you kill the enemy yourself if you are not a coward . You come dey beat your brother . And they are not even brothers
Oga if your brother is hanging out with criminals is it the criminals you will beat or your brother?
When you usually hang out with bad friends does ur mom beat the bad gang or you?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Playermayweda(m): 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
SmartGadgetz:

Do you think that everyone fears death as you? Puxxy

Dis nigga sha, if u no fear death my u no enlist as part of the army make dem place you for borno or the northern states pillaged by terrorism, your bravery and life will be more useful there
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by VEHINTOLAR: 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
perambulator:

if they are puppets why havent the west imposed their values on them democracy civil rights etc? The power of the Saudis is not military but Oil and the west cannot Bleep with Saudi right now but if they succeed with their green agenda, Saudi will lose their power will come into play and the west will start dictating to them.

You need to understand that the interest of the West in the middle east goes beyond oil. Recall that Israel is located in the heart of that region and it's surrounded by many hostile Arab nations. A stupendously rich country like Saudi Arabia cannot be allowed to finance terrorism with its wealth against the Jewish state and therefore it must be pocketed by the western powers. This is exactly what the U S has done through the Saudi Ruling family. The family is a lackey of western powers,especially the United States Government. Without the support of the United States, do you think Al - Saud family would still be holding sway in that kingdom ? You can imagine what the likes of the late Osama Bin Ladin would done to them!

If it is about oil as you claimed,why haven't the West imposed these same values on other Arab monarchies like Kuwait,UAE,Bahrain etc ? It is about maintaining the delicate and very unpredictable security situation of the middle east as it concerns the Jewish state of Israel. You see,I have been to Riyadh more than three times and I can tell you that it is not in anyway different from any western capital/city. You can easily see western influence and lifestyles there. It is a city where anything goes; quote me !

My point is that Saudi Ruling family plays ball with the West and that's what I meant by Saudi being puppet of the west.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by buckeyemedia: 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
grin grin Putin don dey beg China to speak Against sanction on his behalf

If Ukraine is a sovereign state then it has its right to determine who it alligns with

Swallow your pride and woo Ukraine, everything no be force
Ok, let China or Russia come and deploy soldiers & arms in Cuba, & see if the United States would not alienate the island?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Automolite: 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
victorsola:
Very funny. Why not prevent the criminals from holding forth from the onset if u can?.
If ur baby brother starts courting and hosting criminal elements in ur family compound,.who will u attend to/deal with first?
U think the USA will sit idle and allow Russia or China to site weaponry and military bases in Cuba? or anti-US countries in North America?. "Sovereignty" will be tossed out the window.
This whole thing cud have been solved with openness and dialogue. But other vested interests didn't let it happen.
If Putin is a dictator, then the US in a democratic dictator.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by janetakan(f): 6:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
shogsman:

Typical mumu,you think say china na Iraq,they will sanction someone that has a bigger economy than them, someone they depend on for a living

Shut up!

China like everyone else can face sanctions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Russia Displays Military Force At Annual Victory Day Parade(Photos) / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / Pentagon Releases Secret Documents About UFO Programme (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.