Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" (34685 Views)

China Says It Conducted 'Readiness Patrol' Around Taiwan / China's Says Their Friendship With Russia Is "Rock Solid" / China Says Guantanamo Bay Is The Real "Detention Camp" For Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by buckeyemedia: 6:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

You need to understand that the interest of the West in the middle east goes beyond oil. Recall that Israel is located in the heart of that region and it's surrounded by many hostile Arab nations. A stupendously rich country like Saudi Arabia cannot be allowed to finance terrorism with its wealth against the Jewish state and therefore it must be pocketed by the western powers. This is exactly what the U S has done through the Saudi Ruling family. The family is a lackey of western powers,especially the United States Government. Without the support of the United States, do you think Al - Saud family would still be holding sway in that kingdom ? You can imagine what the likes of the late Osama Bin Ladin would done to them!

If it is about oil as you claimed,why haven't the West imposed these same values on other Arab monarchies like Kuwait,UAE,Bahrain etc ? It is about maintaining the delicate and very unpredictable security situation of the middle east as it concerns the Jewish state of Israel. You see,I have been to Riyadh more than three times and I can tell you that it is not in anyway different from any western capital/city. You can easily see western influence and lifestyles there. It is a city where anything goes; quote me !

My point is that Saudi Ruling family plays ball with the West and that's what I meant by Saudi being puppet of the west.

Kno be the Saudi Crown Prince murder Kashoggi for Saudi Embassy in Turkey & dismembered the body, no trace of the body till date? Was any sanctions or arrest made by the so called Western Nations?

Double standard hypocrites.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Blaine756(m): 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
You get sense. Many people commenting didn't follow International politics from the start, they just follow the rave of the moment.

complexBoss12
post=110599378:

It's a pity that the people of Ukraine will be sacrificed for a new world order. As I said in my previous post few days ago, Putin would rather seen an end to the world than end like Hitler, and just today, he put nuclear weapons on alert over sanctions.

Putin ain't playing by any rules.

Ukrainian President thinks it sounds good to "die a hero" But I will tell you guys for free "there is nothing heroic about death". If you have watched someone die, it's painful and inglorious.

Recognizing than someone is stronger than you is not a sign of weakness but strength. The president of Ukraine is being used as a pawn, in a game that is bigger him. He is sacrificing his people for stupid pride. It's a natural law that the weak, should be subject to the strong. Talk to Putin, negotiate. mind you that, Russia hasn't even started war, they are more less playing the deplomatic game of threatening you to come for negotiation, if they decide to end Ukraine in 24 hours it will be done.

You can still quote me and talk rubbish, but sentiment don't win wars. I am being practical here. In international politics, once deplomacy fails, people get hurt.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by VEHINTOLAR: 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Kno be the Saudi Crown Prince murder Kashoggi for Saudi Embassy in Turkey? Was any sanctions or arrest made by the so called Western Nations?

Double standard hypocrites.

That's my point exactly !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Automolite: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
dvkot:
Oga if your brother is hanging out with criminals is it the criminals you will beat or your brother?
When you usually hang out with bad friends does ur mom beat the bad gang or you?
Hahaha....U dey mind that one??..
U know how many times our parents mend us for hanging out with the "wrong pple"..
E just dey cap nonsense undecided
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by justli: 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
pansophist:
Finally, a country that is making sense.

The US has bombed at least two hundred countries spreading their hegemony, but they are termed ''liberation, freedom, fight against evil, defend of democracy'' etc. Because ''you can'' doesn't mean ''you should'' join nato, if not, Iran should not be sanctioned to death because it want to create nuclear weapons, and the US should not have almost nuked Cuba when Russia placed its missiles there in the '60s. Right now, Cuba is still under the heaviest sanctions for so many decades. Why the double standards?

I don't want to live in a world where the rule that applies to one, is used to punish the other. Sadly, lots of zombies are happy in such kind of world. Only the ''power of media'' Russia doesn't have, that is why it seems like everyone is sympathetic to Ukrainians. How about the thousands of ethnic Russians Ukraine have killed in Donbas? The west ignored all these because they want to use Ukraine as a pawn to contain Russia. And after Russia, probably China, and then, the whole world will permanently be chained under western hegemony. If you think colonialism was bad, you haven't seen anything yet. Just pray that day never comes. As an example, 8 out of every Nigerians (even Africans and the third world) rely on China for loans, cheap phones, and manufacturing. If they go down, how can you survive?

This is about the survival of Russia as a country and humanity as a whole because when it comes to survival, international law can go to hell. You should be alive first, before talking about the law. The security of and existence of Russia have to be guaranteed before it can grow economically. What's the point of letting NATO in your backyard, and even if you develop like Norway, you can be nuked within ten mins, making it impossible to defend and retaliate? be careful when you support the west. This is a fight against evil.

Putin complained of Ukraine getting too westernized, all thanks to its hippy president. Now America is using the same Ukraine as a pawn to get to Russia.

Zelenski would have opted fornegotiations but the people providing him false hope are pushing him to slaughter. One thing be clear, Putin would rather nuke America than relinquish power and all these sanctions without redress on the subject of matter of the need to withdraw growing expansion of the west in the region, will only escalate matters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Schprobs: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
grin grin Putin don dey beg China to speak Against sanction on his behalf

If Ukraine is a sovereign state then it has its right to determine who it alligns with

Swallow your pride and woo Ukraine, everything no be force

Imagine when u see fire on top of your roof
Will u just ignore it and sleep
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Ishilove: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:
It's a pity that the people of Ukraine will be sacrificed for a new world order. As I said in my previous post few days ago, Putin would rather seen an end to the world than end like Hitler, and just today, he put nuclear weapons on alert over sanctions.

Ukrainian President thinks it sounds good to "die a hero" But I will tell you guys for free "there is nothing heroic about death". If you have watched someone die, it's painful and inglorious.

Recognizing than someone is stronger than you is not a sign of weakness but strength. The president of Ukraine is being used as a pawn, in a game that is bigger him. He is sacrificing his people for stupid pride. It's a natural law that the weak, should be subject to the strong. Talk to Putin, negotiate. mind you that, Russia hasn't even started war, they are more less playing the deplomatic game of threatening you to come for negotiation, if they decide to end Ukraine in 24 hours it will be done.

You can still quote me and talk rubbish, but sentiment don't win wars. I am being practical here. In international politics, once deplomacy fails, people get hurt.
2000 likes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by pickatyouu: 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

Una go just dey talk wetin una no get deep understanding about, just because of small data una get.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by buckeyemedia: 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2022
MT:
China has seen what is coming for them if they attempt to invade Taiwan. US is praying that China should do it, so that they can be hit like they have never experienced before.
America is still pleading with North Korea & Iraq to disarm, no be everybody be slave to American & Europe imperialism like you.

Don’t try China, Napoleon Bonaparte best said it, “ Let her sleep, for when she wakes the world shall know a Giant has risen”.

Peoples Republic of China cannot invade Republic of China (Taiwan), because they are one country, they will brought into the fold in due time like Hong Kong.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
Oghene1st:
Beijing believes the West should address Moscow’s “legitimate security demands”

https://www.rt.com/news/550748-china-sanctions-dont-work/

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by idahme(m): 6:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:

If Ukraine is a sovereign state then it has its right to determine who it alligns with

Ukraine has that absolute right , no one should determine for Ukraine. Aptly stated . China should relax when Russia invaded no condemnation from their end , now the sanctions are coming in they have what to say.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Najdorf: 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Princedapace:

The same justifcation that USA invaded Iraq, Libya, Afganistan, etc. It is interest. Russia as a super powwer is trying to protect her interest.

World powers dont mess with one another's interest. That is their secret code of conduct as they go ahead to deal with various countries.

The agreement was that NATO should not come to eastern Europe since Russia is the lord of Eastern Europe while West manages western sides. But since then, NATO has been expanding to East Europe. Then the worse happened, USA and her allies crreated a coup that removed a president in Ukrain who was pro Russian. When that president came in, there was break out of civil war which had Ukraine western pro led govt fighting a region that is pro russia. That civil war has claimed over 14k lives who are mainly pro russians.
Russia saw this as a slap on the Russia's face by the west. Na USA dey find trouble bro. Make USA respect Russian interests.

Remember, USA tried this shit with China when they were testing waters on messing with Chinese interest which is Taiwon. Remember what china said.
See, no world power likes their interests messed with by another world power. It triggers invasion and war.
Ride on, continuing would just be a waste of time.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ObamaMessi: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
damolaboye:

CHINA AND RUSSIA HAVE BILATERAL TIES AND HAD BEEN IN AGREEMENT BEFORE THE INVASION IN UKRAINE. SO NO SURPRISE THAT CHINA WILL SUPPORT RUSSIA TECHNICALLY.
Exactly.They've spoken against the Weste.But it's like the war in Ukraine is a calculated plan of the West.Don't know if you're thinking the same thing.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by macaranta(m): 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
This war go make the world forget that China started Coronvirus.
Everywhere Ukraine this ukraine that

The whole world focused on Russia
Everybody has forgetten about china and coronavirus

China happy right now

Lol this one said China started Corona virus... Smh. Google gain of function Wuhan
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by macaranta(m): 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
idahme:

Ukraine has that absolute right , no one should determine for Ukraine. Aptly stated . China should relax when Russia invaded no condemnation from their end , now the sanctions are coming in they have what to say.

Even without joining NATO, Ukraine already has USbio labs scattered across the country. NATO has a sole purpose of subduing the so-called axis of evil, which is not something Russia is very excited about.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by oneMalik: 7:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
that's the fact ! Nothing more

you deserve my " LIKE "

complexBoss12:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

You need to understand that the interest of the West in the middle east goes beyond oil. Recall that Israel is located in the heart of that region and it's surrounded by many hostile Arab nations. A stupendously rich country like Saudi Arabia cannot be allowed to finance terrorism with its wealth against the Jewish state and therefore it must be pocketed by the western powers. This is exactly what the U S has done through the Saudi Ruling family. The family is a lackey of western powers,especially the United States Government. Without the support of the United States, do you think Al - Saud family would still be holding sway in that kingdom ? You can imagine what the likes of the late Osama Bin Ladin would done to them!

If it is about oil as you claimed,why haven't the West imposed these same values on other Arab monarchies like Kuwait,UAE,Bahrain etc ? It is about maintaining the delicate and very unpredictable security situation of the middle east as it concerns the Jewish state of Israel. You see,I have been to Riyadh more than three times and I can tell you that it is not in anyway different from any western capital/city. You can easily see western influence and lifestyles there. It is a city where anything goes; quote me !

My point is that Saudi Ruling family plays ball with the West and that's what I meant by Saudi being puppet of the west.

The Israeli interest is a valid one, However be under no illusion when it comes to interests the west respect and value 3 things more than any other interest religious or moral. Money, Energy security and Arms particularly Nuclear Arms!!!! They will ALWAYS compromise their "values" for money, they dont Bleep around with energy security and they never Bleep around with the man with Arms esp Nuclear Arms!!!! Watch what they do not what they say!!!! They will do business with anyone no matter how amoral they label him/her in their media if the price is right!!!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ObamaMessi: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2022
InoGetJoy:
People don't know that the ultimate game being played by the West is to cripple Russia and after that, they'll go after China. There must be a balance of power in the world and Russia has been providing that balance. Herd mentality won't allow people know that US is the culprit, and they're just using Ukraine as a puppet
The West knows what they're doing.They used the NATO of a thing to lure Russia into attacking Ukraine thereby attracting condemnation and harsh sanctions by many countries.It'll affect Russian in a long term.This also sound as a warning to China.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Pipefitter: 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
Automolite:

If ur neighborhood allows armed robbers, fraudsters, ritualists and other criminal elements to reside in same compound with u..will u not be concerned for ur safety?.

How can my neighbor tell that my friends are fraudsters, ritualists before they even move in with me?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ObamaMessi: 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2022
sweetjohn:
In your wide wide dreams. This is what we have been hearing even before the ww2 many years ago. USA will still power the world for the next 200yrs
The guy never knew what America is.Ukraine war is what will end American dominance? Seriously, if I was told that Americans technically instigated the war in Ukraine just to cripple Russia, I wouldn't dispute that.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Kingpin1000: 7:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
Miner13:
should your father allow you to build your home?
What kind of stupid comparison is this
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Automolite: 7:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
Pipefitter:

How can my neighbor tell that my friends are fraudsters, ritualists before they even move in with me?

When u see ur eating and drinking with known cultists, hoodlums and unscrupulous elements in the area.
Next they start stopping by to say hello and having "meetings" in ur compound. ..then they start having sleepovers. Atleast u would be concerned enough to "talk" to ur neighbor about it. Unless maybe you dont care for ur safety undecided
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Automolite: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
sweetjohn:
In your wide wide dreams. This is what we have been hearing even before the ww2 many years ago. USA will still power the world for the next 200yrs
Mention any one empire/ world power that has stayed forever?.
The Roman empire that brought u democracy? The mighty british empire that conquered half the world.. including US?

It's only the turn of USA.. nothing more. By the time another world power comes to light..u and I may be long dead.
Nobody rules forever on the throne of time.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by JohnSP99: 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

.should Russia allow NATO to build a base in Ukraine?
is attacking Ukraine now the best way to stop NATO, Putin is just a bastard and thank God he's already loosing. there are better ways to express your worries not by attacking a sovereign nation now
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Kingpin1000: 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
JohnSP99:

is attacking Ukraine now the best way to stop NATO, Putin is just a bastard and thank God he's already loosing. there are better ways to express your worries not by attacking a sovereign nation now
Zelensky and NATO brought the war to Ukraine.
Russia are Jusy warming up.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by vikstandon(m): 8:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

.should Russia allow NATO to build a base in Ukraine?

No...If I be Putin I will do same thing; USA governed NATO is looking to weaken Russia.

The world will be messy if there is no other world power to checkmate US excesses.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ObamaMessi: 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
Drayco007:
I said it, putin is fighting for a just cause , the earlier you accept this , the better for you, the west is selfish, and forever will be.. My money is on putin , west go see shege..
Seriously? You can say that again.Simply because the U.S and NATO didn't act doesn't mean they can't destroy Russia in a week.Forget all the dumb actions putin is taking and the empty threats he's issuing.The West just dey look am.Play with the West at your own expense.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Truvelisback(m): 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Who told u? Dem tell u say China demself like the U.S ? They hate the U.S too but they haven't gotten the balls to challenge the U.S and other related countries. The spread of Coro should give u a clue of what i mean.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
Tokziby:

Imagine ur blood brother living in the same flat but different room flirting with ur enemy. If u cautioned him severally but he no heed, what will u do

Well, considering Russia and Ukraine is more like u and your brother living in different flats.......in the first place.

Note: The capital of former USSR used to be in Kyiev with all the nukes and weaponry until 1991 before the break

Slight correction. USSR's capitals was Moscow. Leningrad could be considered a second capital.(now St Petersburg). Kiev was just the capital of what was the Ukraninan SSR.

. Also Russia gave out 48billion dollars as bailout bond when they were in trouble. In addition the current govt was helped by u.s and nato to overthrow the pro-russia govt.

And the russians did same for the pro-western governments...including sponsoring an insurgency in the country for 8 years, and annexing part of the country.

See why I say both the US and Russia are equal...and why this is really a fight between two politcal blocs. ? All in all, not my fight, not my dog.

I don't support war but what the west did through Afghanistan and others to break the USSR is about to repeat itself and Russia will never have it. Drastic times requires drastic measures

1.The USSR broke up because it was.....a colonial power. And colonies want independence. High oil prices in the 1970's delayed the breakup for some time, but it happened.

Also, running an economy riven with price controls...is a nice way to eventually wreck your economy. (The USSR did not allow private enterprise...which stifled initative...which stifled economic growth. When people don't have a chance to make more money than the next person, economies don't grow).

Seriously, with or without Afghanistan...the USSR would have failed.

2.Afghanistan...again the crisis there was people just fighting for power. The USSR got itself involved in a fight that it should not have (and some Politburo members warned against the thing.). Plus...THEY SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE UK...who got their a dobule s handed to them by the Afghans twice in the 19th century. But no....
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Drayco007(m): 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Seriously? You can say that again.Simply because the U.S and NATO didn't act doesn't mean they can't destroy Russia in a week.Forget all the dumb actions putin is taking and the empty threats he's issuing.The West just dey look am.Play with the West at your own expense.
My expense?..na me dey fight war?���
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Drayco007(m): 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2022
Drayco007:

My expense?..na me dey fight war?���

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Seanwat: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Everyone can see NATO are the aggressors and Russians are just defending themselves from a sideen attack on the west.

I totally agree with you on this. I believe it the reason why Putin is doing this. His invasion might be condemned but his intention we should considered.

1. I don't think Putin is ignorant of these sanction and ban. A man that has planned this for 10 years. He must have analysed the economic consequence of going war.

2. The US and NATO is all out to destroy Russia. They have left countries in ruins. Lybia, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, name them. There is always an undertone in other actions.

3. It is obvious that if Ukraine get admitted into NATO is will be over for Russia. Americans wont allows any "enemy" to form alies with Its bordering nations. They dont joke with treats to it's national security.

4. If US, France, Germany, Uk, and co are against the Russian invasion, then they should stop Ukraine from becoming a member of NATO and this war will end. But will they?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Russia Displays Military Force At Annual Victory Day Parade(Photos) / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / Pentagon Releases Secret Documents About UFO Programme (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.