Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,700 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" (34739 Views)

China Says It Conducted 'Readiness Patrol' Around Taiwan / China's Says Their Friendship With Russia Is "Rock Solid" / China Says Guantanamo Bay Is The Real "Detention Camp" For Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

Ah, I can't talk when people start abusing me. Can't argue with that.

Good evening. Have a good day. As for me Russia=US=China. Sorry putin supporter. But I cannot and will not support any big nation expansionist things, whatever big nation may be

You can cry about that.

I am not going to repeat what I have already posted, I am not responsible for your failure to read properly and understand what was written when you ask questions I have already stated the answers.

I talk about Colonising Africa you are mentioning CIS countries, I specifically say none of them are our friends and you talk about taking sides. This is a clear case of reading but a failure to comprehend what you read!!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:
So why did they start this in the first place
Why did they overthrow the government in 2014 and give them false hope to confront Russia knowing it would end in tears

I do not think there is any need to talk about people's grandfathers because of Ukraine

It does not show good upbringing

Ki la gbe ki le ju

On top wetin? Guy calm down

That's the thing...two power blocs at each other's throat, each with its own backer.

That's why I keep off from it.

Calm down , Russia or is it US backer? Both are the same. Meanhwile, Ukrainians are in this mess because for nearly 20 years, they cannot sort out their issues themselves.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Deltavariant(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
NATO is a tool of confrontation and this begs the question Would USA allow Russian forces hardware military assests in Mexico or Canada. Read about the Cuban missile crisis of 1963 which almost brought the world to nuclear conflict.

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2022
perambulator:

I am not going to repeat what I have already posted, I am not responsible for your failure to read properly and understand what was written when you ask questions I have already stated the answers.

I talk about Colonising Africa you are mentioning CIS countries, I specifically say none of them are our friends and you talk about taking sides. This is a clear case of reading but a failure to comprehend what you read!!

Sorry, I'm not interested in discussing with people who insult me.

Or with people who are far more interested in sending me for English comprehension courses apparently

Good evening.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Danwakae(m): 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

Yes, and Russia also knows, from history, that it is right to be paranoid.

In 1808, Russia and France were buddies. 1812...France invaded russia.

In 1939, Stalin, against his usual paranoia, signed a peace treaty with Nazi Germany, despite Adolf stating in mein kampf that it was Gemrany's manifest destiny to conquer Russia and depopulate it. Two years later.....Germany invades Russia.

Now NATO is expanding into areas that were Russia's sphere of influenceputting it under risk. Yes, USA may not invade Russia...but Russia is still at risk from its western borders.

If you were a Russian leader, what would you do? With history on your side. (Stalin really regretted forgetting his history lessons in school).

And yes, I do not support Russia invading Ukraine. But NATO should remember that Russia cannot relax like that. Bitten five times..or more...

The main reason for Putin would be reveal if he wins this war... Putin should learn from Israel ... He can develop space defence to guide his territories against NATO... We all know that same thing Saddam Hussein planned to do, it's what Putin is planning... Let us be logical , even Nigeria also needs this NATO base in northern Nigeria like they have in Kenya against Alshaabab ... In the last 30years , how many countries or country has NATO force invaded ?... When is Putin stepping down has a president ?, Not untill we know the reason why Putin has been ruling for decades. , Wmany of u won't understand his real reason for invading and killing innocent people of Ukraine ...look at the serious protest in Russia against Putin's move ...is he doing it for the people of Russia ?, ...Putin is not God, the days of all these kind of oppression has gone ...except this is what God has ordain as WW3.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ken045501: 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
sweetjohn:
In your wide wide dreams. This is what we have been hearing even before the ww2 many years ago. USA will still power the world for the next 200yrs
a very big lie . Get your facts right . Sleepy Joe is a weakling
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Playermayweda(m): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
SmartGadgetz:

Fvck you. Now accept you are weak and leave the brave to die like a soldier.

See this one, you think death na small play, make dem point gun to dat your empty head whether u no go piss for body. Fool!!

There is no honor in death!!!!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by seguno2: 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
baralatie:

Well!
CNN and bbc won't publish this type of news nau!
If it was china sanction Russia
It will be tabloid

What of Al Jazeera and the Chinese channel?

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by neuf(m): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
chronique:

Russia is a world power. You can't change that based on your sentiments on the topic. Do your research and don't try to misinform people on this subject please.

how is Russia a world power? Do you think US is called world power base on sentiment?
Do your research, Russia don't have a blue navy and as such can't project their power globally. How is a country that can't project its power globally a world power??

USSR were able to do that, project power, Russia can't whether you like it or not, it's a fact not sentiment. Even China as of right now can't be called World power, that's one of the reason they are rapidly developing militarily and trying to expand their influences through their belt and road or something initiative.

That's the only way you can be world power
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2022
goodnija:

You are your father's child, well said. The green drive is baseless and will take a long time to nature

its all part of western agenda, controlling and dominating the narrative, setting the agenda for everyone else according to their desires. When they have finished industrialising with coal, they say no more coal, when they have finished developing with crude, they say no more Oil, soon they will tell you you cannot eat beef because it is damaging the atmospere and ofcourse which countries own the companies that produce meat substitutes? It is difficult to get financing for new Oil/Coal projects because the western banks wont finance them because of the agenda. WHat they want is for the Oil in countries like Saudi and Nigeria to stay in the ground and for us buying green energy products solar panels windmills ofcourse made in the west. They are not happy China has stolen a march on them in green tech. This is the new colonialism and the quicker we wise up the better!!!

Nigerians can be so daft, the average westerner is smart enough to know on which side his bread is buttered but we support our oppressors!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

Sorry, I'm not interested in discussing with people who insult me.

Or with people who are far more interested in sending me for English comprehension courses apparently

Good evening.
then go away quietly and dont quote me. Nobody forced you!!!!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ken045501: 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
[quote author=moralistic post=110601489] defending yourself by invading a country that did not attack you....I still don't understand why many Muslims in nigeria are supporting Putin for killing innocent civilians in ukraine[/quote Americans and nato are using Ukraine you’ve not seen it yet .

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by neuf(m): 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

Yes, and Russia also knows, from history, that it is right to be paranoid.

In 1808, Russia and France were buddies. 1812...France invaded russia.

In 1939, Stalin, against his usual paranoia, signed a peace treaty with Nazi Germany, despite Adolf stating in mein kampf that it was Gemrany's manifest destiny to conquer Russia and depopulate it. Two years later.....Germany invades Russia.

Now NATO is expanding into areas that were Russia's sphere of influenceputting it under risk. Yes, USA may not invade Russia...but Russia is still at risk from its western borders.

If you were a Russian leader, what would you do? With history on your side. (Stalin really regretted forgetting his history lessons in school).

And yes, I do not support Russia invading Ukraine. But NATO should remember that Russia cannot relax like that. Bitten five times..or more...

when the same Stalin was sharing Poland and Czechslovakia with Hitler, he didn't know he was dealing with a mad man.
I usually don't get it when people act as if the USSR was a victim in WW2. They were an enabler not a victim
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2022
Danwakae:

The main reason for Putin would be reveal if he wins this war... Putin should learn from Israel ... He can develop space defence to guide his territories against NATO...

Russia has some good space tech. But as for space defence...there is some form of international treaty prohibiting that (see the wikipedia article on space warfare)

We all know that same thing Saddam Hussein planned to do, it's what Putin is planning.

Well, yeah, nations always have expansionist things in mind. Has been like that...and it is something about this earth that I hate.

.. Let us be logical , even Nigeria also needs this NATO base in northern Nigeria like they have in Kenya against Alshaabab ...

To be fair, I am kind of happy we are not too reliant on foreign help to fight Boko....especially as many francophone African armies are weak because they too rely on France...plus the US does provide and has provided assistance . But a strong millitary is in Nigeria's interest...and fighting Boko is going to take a lot more than just guns.

In the last 30years , how many countries or country has NATO force invaded ?.

Serbia, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc etc. (NATO also ran millitary ops in Afghansitan in collabo with US.)...don't forget Libya. (I hated Ghaddafi...but the thing is, if you want change, you have to do it like the USA and civil rights which was done without a country invading the USA to guarantee rights for black and other minorities.)

When is Putin stepping down has a president ?, Not untill we know the reason why Putin has been ruling for decades. , Wmany of u won't understand his real reason for invading and killing innocent people of Ukraine ...look at the serious protest in Russia against Putin's move ...is he doing it for the people of Russia ?, ...Putin is not God, the days of all these kind of oppression has gone ...except this is what God has ordain as WW3.

Putin has lasted a long time for a variety of reasons

1,The opposition sucks. There are the communists (who when in power were far more oppresive than Putin ever will be, and I am not joking, and I am no Putin fan, but communist rule was harsh man), the Liberal demcoratic party (who are a bit cuckoo) and people like Nalvany (ok...but his support is largely urban. And you cannot win an election on the urban vote. And Putin is persecuting him harshly).

2.Russia tried freewheeling democracy for 10 years...and they feel it made them weak.

3.For most Russians, putin is , at the very least, the least bad of a bad lot. That's why they love him.

4.Russia has not had a lot of experience with democracy. (long story...I am not in the mood for a long history lesson....and it may lead me down the road of stereotypes, which i don't like)

2 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by wpadmin: 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
China is indirectly telling the West that they are with Russia on this.

Exactly.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ken045501: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nightaccountant:

By attacking innocent Ukrainians
Oga check if na you. U go like am
Sanctions and killing women and childrens who doesn't knpw about the government which one worst[color=#770077][/color]
this guy too much cnn is not good . You don’t even know what’s happening sef
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Zaggafrank: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Oghene1st:
Beijing believes the West should address Moscow’s “legitimate security demands”

https://www.rt.com/news/550748-china-sanctions-dont-work/
Yes, they're right. The zero sum geopolitics of the US is responsible. Secondly, the US wants to contain China, unfortunately for them they are fixated in coercing Russia and disregarding Russia instead of taking cognizance if it's security interests. At the end of all these, the US no matter it's bravado, will not just wave away Russian concern anymore. This is an old video on YouTube by a certain American Prof. Maybe you can watch and get another context from the prevalent narrative in the media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by TenQ: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Everyone can see NATO are the aggressors and Russians are just defending themselves from a sudden attack on the west.
NATO annexed Cremia which was part of Ukraine
Then, they planted a puppet President in Ukraine
They then forced Ukraine to give up their nuclear arsenal to NATO
Then they sponsored the two separatist governments in East Ukraine
Then launched an attack on Ukraine

What do you think?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
neuf:

when the same Stalin was sharing Poland and Czechslovakia with Hitler, he didn't know he was dealing with a mad man.
I usually don't get it when people act as if the USSR was a victim in WW2. They were an enabler not a victim

Yeah, you are very, utterly right there.

Though, stalin was preparing (in his mind) for the EVENTUAL great confrontation with capitalist nations...which is partly why he signed the treaty with the germans. To have more time to be 'strong'.

But Stalin shared Poland only. Czechoslovakia was shared in essence at Munich by Germany, Italy, the UK and France. (1938). Ironically the Poles too gobbled up a tiny bit of Czechoslovakia in early 1939...

It's a (censored) world.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by complexBoss12: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Karemarealty288:

You Displace of maturity just got to me......the picture is not meant for you SIR..but just generalising..my humble apologies.

why mention me then??
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by jimtemi1: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Rugaria:
It is time for the developing nations to immediately find alternative to SWIFT and all other finance regulations that depend almost totally on these belligerent western imperialists for control. The world was created free and shouldn't revolve eternally around the dictates of colonialists and imperialists..The west has now enjoyed almost 200 years of total global domination of affairs. We need a change, since all they care about is their interests and people..
lol change to were? Asia u are funny imagine what the world will be like if China and Russia are leading the world like UK n USA... It will be disastrous because one is selfish China the other is tyrant,putin..that is to say there won't be freedom,the west will continue rulling the world as long as there is still alliance BTW them
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by obedience4(m): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
HenryDion:
China is still neutral until it escalates to a nuclear war. Then you'll see them joining with Russia to finally annihilate the west.

A few hours ago North Korea launched a ballistic missile as a test. What was the point? I don't know. A show of power?

If this end with one nuclear launch, the world will never remain the same again.

You people talk anyhow.. Do you know China nuclear policy.. China has a no first attack policy.. That mean China will not use a nuclear weapon unless being attack first.. China that didn't vote for Russia in the UN security council will now engage in a nuclear war that doesn't affect him..you must be a kidding bro..
Read more and be informed
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by AbujaCitiBlog: 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
grin grin Putin don dey beg China to speak Against sanction on his behalf

If Ukraine is a sovereign state then it has its right to determine who it alligns with

Swallow your pride and woo Ukraine, everything no be force
Just as Ukrainian President has been begging the West to speak on his behalf! Dullards everywhere!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Karemarealty288(m): 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

why mention me then??

Humble Apologies are always accepted where I come from....further probing not necessary.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
MT:
China has seen what is coming for them if they attempt to invade Taiwan. US is praying that China should do it, so that they can be hit like they have never experienced before.

But the United States have invaded far more countries for unreasonable reasons, the major one being the invasion of Iraq.

Up till now, the Supreme Court has failed to recognize the illegality of that invasion, as indeed the one against Vietnamese sovereignty. There is Panama, as well. And many others.

I hate hypocrisy.

How the United States has managed to make herself capable of illegally invading states without multilateral sanctions is something that deserves to be studied in universities.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by SmartGadgetz: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
Playermayweda:

See this one, you think death na small play, make dem point gun to dat your empty head whether u no go piss for body. Fool!!

There is no honor in death!!!!

Do you think that everyone fears death as you? Puxxy
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Rugaria: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
jimtemi1:
lol change to were? Asia u are funny imagine what the world will be like if China and Russia are leading the world like UK n USA... It will be disastrous because one is selfish China the other is tyrant,putin..that is to say there won't be freedom,the west will continue rulling the world as long as there is still alliance BTW them

How is China selfish? In the few years that China has interacted with Africa, they have built up all sorts of infastructure for African countries for free! Roads, bridges, train stations and tracks, airports, name it.., even the AU headquarters was built for free by China! Now name those basic infastructures that have been built by the west across Africa for the development of the continent and not for easy looting of the continent. Remember that relations between Africa and the Western world has been on for almost 500 years.. How many African head of States have been assassinated by China? None! How many have been assassinated by France? Dozens! How many coups have been sponsored here by China? None! How many by Britain America and France? Dozens! So how's China the Evil one?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by BigBashiru: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
Rugaria:
It is time for the developing nations to immediately find alternative to SWIFT and all other finance regulations that depend almost totally on these belligerent western imperialists for control. The world was created free and shouldn't revolve eternally around the dictates of colonialists and imperialists..The west has now enjoyed almost 200 years of total global domination of affairs. We need a change, since all they care about is their interests and people..

Wetin be 200 yrs?? The savages have enjoyed 500 yrs of global Dominion. They now think they are God
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Tokziby: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
pansophist:
Finally, a country that is making sense.

The US has bombed at least two hundred countries spreading their hegemony, but they are termed ''liberation, freedom, fight against evil, defend of democracy'' etc. Because ''you can'' doesn't mean ''you should'' join nato, if not, Iran should not be sanctioned to death because it want to create nuclear weapons, and the US should not have almost nuked Cuba when Russia placed its missiles there in the '60s. Right now, Cuba is still under the heaviest sanctions for so many decades. Why the double standards?

I don't want to live in a world where the rule that applies to one, is used to punish the other. Sadly, lots of zombies are happy in such kind of world. Only the ''power of media'' Russia doesn't have, that is why it seems like everyone is sympathetic to Ukrainians. How about the thousands of ethnic Russians Ukraine have killed in Donbas? The west ignored all these because they want to use Ukraine as a pawn to contain Russia. And after Russia, probably China, and then, the whole world will permanently be chained under western hegemony. If you think colonialism was bad, you haven't seen anything yet. Just pray that day never comes. As an example, 8 out of every Nigerians (even Africans and the third world) rely on China for loans, cheap phones, and manufacturing. If they go down, how can you survive?

This is about the survival of Russia as a country and humanity as a whole because when it comes to survival, international law can go to hell. You should be alive first, before talking about the law. The security of and existence of Russia have to be guaranteed before it can grow economically. What's the point of letting NATO in your backyard, and even if you develop like Norway, you can be nuked within ten mins, making it impossible to defend and retaliate? be careful when you support the west. This is a fight against evil.
One of the most sensible comment here. Very few people are aware that Russia is the victim here. U.S will not even think twice before they wipe out canada or Mexico if Russia were planning to have a base in any of the two. No sensible country will allow an enemy to build a base on its border. Its even worse cos ukraine and Russia are brothers and knows the in and out of Russia. The former soviet used to have its capital in Kyiev and store all their nukes and weaponry there until the break in 1991. China knows what's going on that's why they chose to release a statement rather than declaring support. Israel too is speaking despite their own occupation in Palestine.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by bolutic(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
pansophist:
Finally, a country that is making sense.

The US has bombed at least two hundred countries spreading their hegemony, but they are termed ''liberation, freedom, fight against evil, defend of democracy'' etc. Because ''you can'' doesn't mean ''you should'' join nato, if not, Iran should not be sanctioned to death because it want to create nuclear weapons, and the US should not have almost nuked Cuba when Russia placed its missiles there in the '60s. Right now, Cuba is still under the heaviest sanctions for so many decades. Why the double standards?

I don't want to live in a world where the rule that applies to one, is used to punish the other. Sadly, lots of zombies are happy in such kind of world. Only the ''power of media'' Russia doesn't have, that is why it seems like everyone is sympathetic to Ukrainians. How about the thousands of ethnic Russians Ukraine have killed in Donbas? The west ignored all these because they want to use Ukraine as a pawn to contain Russia. And after Russia, probably China, and then, the whole world will permanently be chained under western hegemony. If you think colonialism was bad, you haven't seen anything yet. Just pray that day never comes. As an example, 8 out of every Nigerians (even Africans and the third world) rely on China for loans, cheap phones, and manufacturing. If they go down, how can you survive?

This is about the survival of Russia as a country and humanity as a whole because when it comes to survival, international law can go to hell. You should be alive first, before talking about the law. The security of and existence of Russia have to be guaranteed before it can grow economically. What's the point of letting NATO in your backyard, and even if you develop like Norway, you can be nuked within ten mins, making it impossible to defend and retaliate? be careful when you support the west. This is a fight against evil.
I support you my brother

Among the 248 armed conflicts that occurred in 153 regions across the world from 1945 to 2001, 201 were initiated by the #US, accounting for 81% of the world conflict
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by MERCHANDISER: 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday called on the Ukrainian army to overthrow the country’s leadership whom he described as “terrorists" and “a gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis". Addressing the Ukrainian military in a televised address, he urged them to “take power in your own hands."

“It seems like it will be easier for us to agree with you than this gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis," he said, referring to leadership in Kyiv led by President Volodymyr Zelensky, who is Jewish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / Pentagon Releases Secret Documents About UFO Programme (Pics) / Neighbours Call Fire Brigade After Hearing Nigerian Shout 'Holy Fire' In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.