Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria (26218 Views)

Aba Residents Opt For Train Ride Due To Bad Roads: Pictures & Video / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by GloriousGbola: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2023
Acidosis:

I go buy you Caprisun angry When you clock 18, we will talk about the other one wink

So acidosis is a member of small geh like big gbola geng shocked

🧌👹😈
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
folake4u:

Smh. Don't play me.

Wait oo. Dem never release the phone sef. So chill...

The phone go be like 1.5 million when dem release am. grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

So acidosis is a member of small geh like big gbola geng shocked

🧌👹😈

cheesy

No oh shocked I am only grooming her cheesy
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Wait oo. Dem never release the phone sef. So chill...

The phone go be like 1.5 million when dem release am. grin

All these men sef. undecided

I'm sure you're an igbo man.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
folake4u:

All these men sef. undecided

I'm sure you're an igbo man.

Nope. Why?

I'm a fake Yoruba man. I no get "yoruba ronu card" wink
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Nope. Why?

I'm a fake Yoruba man. I no get "yoruba ronu card" wink

Yoruba? Interesting.

You don't sound like one.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
folake4u:

Yoruba? Interesting.

You don't sound like one.

Ahh...Really? I guess my political choices influenced that thought.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Ahh...Really? I guess my political choices influenced that thought.

Yeah. I guess so. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
folake4u:

Yeah. I guess so. grin

Oh well grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Oh well grin grin grin

You try. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2023
grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by GloriousGbola: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2023
[quoteauthor=folake4u post=124199844][/quote]

Ehen - falseprophet1, them Don carry am offline! Ayam seeing folake4u with iPhone 15 angry
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Ehen - falsepro.phet1, them Don carry am offline! Ayam seeing folake4.u with iPhone 15 angry

grin grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2023
@ folake4u, replied
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by FalseProphet1(m): 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Ehen - falseprophet1, them Don carry am offline! Ayam seeing folake4u with iPhone 15 angry
And she secretly bought it without telling me so that she won't pay tithes. Can you see how Nigerians behave. I was the one that prayed for her to get that phone. I prophesied it, even when she herself didn't believe.

Folake come and pay your tithes. Don't rob God.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by dcolumbus001: 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
folake4u:
I'm here again to share my 2023 train ride experience. Abuja - Itakpe - Agbor - Benin

One of my friends was curious and wanted to have an adventure and voila! cheesy

We boarded a vehicle from Abuja to Itakpe, Kogi State for 6k. We left Zuba Park at 10am and got to Itakpe at 1:30pm.

Getting to Itakpe railway station, we met some "agberos" disguising as police officers and holding guns met us and pleaded we pay them money to get "tickets". In their words, you don't need to go to the counter to pay, we as police officers have slot in the train and you'd be assigned to us, we will sit with you guys.
My friend who's a JJC in train ride almost listened to them and so I asked them a question "How will we get the tickets then? "What are we going to show the ticketing officers when we board?"

It then dawned on them that I was a pro in train rides and so they left me alone. 😂😂😂
They wanted to persuade my friend too but he knew better from my body language. grin

We went to the counter and paid 5k for train tickets and showed our Nysç ID cards too.
The desk officer say I nor resemble corper. grin
Wahala.

And then, it was time to check in. You can't baord without showing your train tickets. It was then my friend realized that those police officers wanted to scam us. Looool.

NB: For prospective train travellers, I beg you in the name of whatever you serve, DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO ANYBODY except the desk officer in charge of train tickets.

The train departed at 2pm and got to Agbor at 5:30pm.

PS: If you're hungry, the train staff sell snacks varying from sweet potato chips, cheeseballs, gala, fried peppered chicken, biscuits, drinks and codedly Action bitters. wink

At every train stop, you'd meet hawkers selling food, you can be quick and buy food from them too cos the train stops at every station to board or discharge passengers for about 10mins.

5:30pm: We arrived Agbor station and already the taxis going to Benin were full and passengers paid 3k-4k for the trip. We saw a vehicle going to Agbor town and we boarded that, paid N1,500. The driver dropped us at a park headed to Benin and we paid N1200 each.

Finally entered my house 9pm due to bad roads. cheesy
do you have a driver's contact that can take someone from Benin directly to the train station in agbor ?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
dcolumbus001:
do you have a driver's contact that can take someone from Benin directly to the train station in agbor ?

Hi there.

I don't have any driver's contact. However, you can go to a park at Akpakpava early in the morning @6am and you'd see vehicles going to Agbor, sometimes you'd pay extra for them to drop you at the train station.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by dcolumbus001: 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
folake4u:

Hi there.

I don't have any driver's contact. However, you can go to a park at Akpakpava early in the morning @6am and you'd see vehicles going to Agbor, sometimes you'd pay extra for them to drop you at the train station.
okay I will let the person know about that, lastly what's the time to be at station waiting so as not to miss the train.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
dcolumbus001:
okay I will let the person know about that, lastly what's the time to be at station waiting so as not to miss the train.

8:00am for morning train.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by dcolumbus001: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
folake4u:

8:00am for morning train.
gracias

1 Like

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ajala the Traveller. grin

From Benin to Agbor by road -2,500. Paid extra 2k to reach train station =4,500.

Paid 5k train ticket.

The train left Agbor at 9:50am. I decided to stop at Ajaokuta railway station instead of my usual stopping at Itakpe.

I made enquiries with the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) staff and passengers on board on which route is faster/closer to Abuja and I was told Ajaokuta. And anyways, Ajaokuta to Itakpe is just 30mins difference, also the former is closer to Lokoja.

I got to Ajaokuta by 12:30pm. I boarded a Sienna car headed to Abuja for 7k. We left the train station at 1pm and I got to Abaji in Abuja at 4pm. Finally got home 5pm.

And yeah, the train works daily, including Saturdays and Sundays, public holidays inclusive.

Cc: dcolumbus001 You can go to this Unity Park along Ikpoba Slope in Benin. I use them for my waka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by eepeepook: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2023
I will try a train ride one of these days. If I enjoy it, I’ll patronize the service more often. With flight tickets now astronomically high, I wonder how they’ll compare to multiple train journeys.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2023
eepeepook:
I will try a train ride one of these days. If I enjoy it, I’ll patronize the service more often. With flight tickets now astronomically high, I wonder how they’ll compare to multiple train journeys.

Nice. What routes do you want to embark on?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by eepeepook: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2023
folake4u:

Nice. What routes do you want to embark on?
PH to Aba comes to mind. If that goes smoothly, I’ll spend a weekend in the locale. On coming back I’ll plan a longer journey; PH to Abuja, maybe.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2023
eepeepook:
PH to Aba comes to mind. If that goes smoothly, I’ll spend a weekend in the locale. On coming back I’ll plan a longer journey; PH to Abuja, maybe.

There is no railway station plying that route (PH to Aba, PH to Abuja).

1 Like

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by eepeepook: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2023
folake4u:

There is no railway station plying that route (PH to Aba, PH to Abuja).
Unfortunate.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by 360crayfish: 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Please I want to travel to Abuja tomorrow from Benin.
I need guidance on how to use train service . Please, departure time and how I should move.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by DonMoga(m): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2023
Can I get train from Abuja to Delta?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by UgoFly: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
folake4u:

From Benin to Agbor by road -2,500. Paid extra 2k to reach train station =4,500.

Paid 5k train ticket.

The train left Agbor at 9:50am. I decided to stop at Ajaokuta railway station instead of my usual stopping at Itakpe.

Pls how did you access the train from Abuja? Did you go through Ajaokuta or Itakpe?
I made enquiries with the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) staff and passengers on board on which route is faster/closer to Abuja and I was told Ajaokuta. And anyways, Ajaokuta to Itakpe is just 30mins difference, also the former is closer to Lokoja.

I got to Ajaokuta by 12:30pm. I boarded a Sienna car headed to Abuja for 7k. We left the train station at 1pm and I got to Abaji in Abuja at 4pm. Finally got home 5pm.

And yeah, the train works daily, including Saturdays and Sundays, public holidays inclusive.

Cc: dcolumbus001 You can go to this Unity Park along Ikpoba Slope in Benin. I use them for my waka.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by UgoFly: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
folake4u:

Paid 5k train ticket.

Pls how did you access the train from Abuja? Did you go through Ajaokuta or Itakpe?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
UgoFly:

Please go through the thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Passengers Survive An Accident Involving Cows. Photos / Photo: Stranded Commuters Trek In Lagos / Vice President's Helicopter Crash:Facts About The AgustaWestland 139 Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.