Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria (26201 Views)

Aba Residents Opt For Train Ride Due To Bad Roads: Pictures & Video / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by dcolumbus001: 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2023
UgoFly:

Pls how did you access the train from Abuja? Did you go through Ajaokuta or Itakpe?
I went to itakpe
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by danilmo: 12:05am On Sep 24, 2023
folake4u:
Ajala the Traveller. grin

From Benin to Agbor by road -2,500. Paid extra 2k to reach train station =4,500.

Paid 5k train ticket.

The train left Agbor at 9:50am. I decided to stop at Ajaokuta railway station instead of my usual stopping at Itakpe.

Moreover are there registered trànsport company buses from itakpe like GIG, Guo, and co from itakpe to Abuja? I don't really fancy all these local nurtw cars. cry

I made enquiries with the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) staff and passengers on board on which route is faster/closer to Abuja and I was told Ajaokuta. And anyways, Ajaokuta to Itakpe is just 30mins difference, also the former is closer to Lokoja.

I got to Ajaokuta by 12:30pm. I boarded a Sienna car headed to Abuja for 7k. We left the train station at 1pm and I got to Abaji in Abuja at 4pm. Finally got home 5pm.

And yeah, the train works daily, including Saturdays and Sundays, public holidays inclusive.

Cc: dcolumbus001 You can go to this Unity Park along Ikpoba Slope in Benin. I use them for my waka.

Thanks for the update.

So like how many hours from warri to itakpe train station? Let's say train moves by 8a.m., wen will I get to itakpe? Likewise the current cost price!

And how many hours from itakpe to Abuja on Car? Likewise the cost price

And are there Registered trànsport company buses from itakpe to Abuja? The likes of GIG, Guo and co. I don't really fancy those NURtw cars.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2023
danilmo:

Thanks for the update.

So like how many hours from warri to itakpe train station? Let's say train moves by 8a.m., wen will I get to itakpe? Likewise the current cost price!

And how many hours from itakpe to Abuja on Car? Likewise the cost price

And are there Registered trànsport company buses from itakpe to Abuja? The likes of GIG, Guo and co. I don't really fancy those NURtw cars.

If you read from the thread, you would be able to calculate the hours from Warri to Itakpe.

The current cost price I used from Agbor to Ajaokuta/Itakpe in July is only what I know. I wrote that as well.

PLEASE READ THE THREAD.

There are no registered transport company buses from Itakpe to Abuja, only the same NURTW vehicles.

There is a shuttle service I used from Ajaokuta/Itakpe to Abuja, it's called Zeez Shuttle Service. You can give them a call.
+234 809 225 5880

1 Like

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 25, 2023
Folake4u please how can I get on a train from Lagos to Spain?

No.. I'm not going to READ THE THREAD angry
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2023
Persephone1:

Perse please. 🤣🤣🤣😭😭

You go enter Lagos Blue Collar train na. Na blue collar abi wetin be the name again?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Nazgul: 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
Persephone1:

Bring 5k let me waybill this book to you. 😏

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nazgul:

You be thief. grin grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nazgul:

He no gree 1500?

I have to buy gala and plenty banana chewing gum. I'm on a budget cry
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
folake4u:

You be thief. grin grin
You that you don't know how to do business grin . Never tell a customer no on first request, offer options angry
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2023
Persephone1:
You that you don't know how to do business grin . Never tell a customer no on first request, offer options angry

Lol. Nazgul na stressful customer, no need to waste time on him. grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
folake4u:

Lol. Nazgul na stressful customer, no need to waste time on him. grin
I was talking about me that you directed to Lagos blue collar abi wetin self grin grin

Naz is like those guys at Alaba that will drag you out of car and carry your load so you can patronize them grin . No time grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2023
Persephone1:
I was talking about me that you directed to Lagos blue collar abi wetin self grin grin

Naz is like those guys at Alaba that will drag you out of car and carry your load so you can patronize them grin . No time grin

See ehn. I never chop that time. Nothing dey enter my head that time.

E ma binu Ma. grin

That Naz ehnn!!!! Big troublemaker. grin angry
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
folake4u:

See ehn. I never chop that time. Nothing dey enter my head that time.

E ma binu Ma. grin

That Naz ehnn!!!! Big troublemaker. grin angry
Oh now I understand grin Like i really truly genuinely understand grin

Lol.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2023
Persephone1:
Oh now I understand grin Like i really truly genuinely understand grin

Lol.

Seeeeeee! When I'm hungry ehn, nothing makes sense to me at that moment. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hello Kasdat5. How can I reach you? Need to find out some important information. Thank you.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Kasdat5(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2023
[quote author=folake4u post=126038412][/quote]

Evening ma'am, %100 @ your service . .
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
Thank you Kasdat5. You can remove your number now.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by colbycell: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
I completed a to and fro Abuja (Itakpe) - Abraka over the weekend. It's a N5,000 round trip to whatever destination.

Funny enough, some passengers were dropped off at Ajaokuta, Agbor and some other closer stations and they still paid 5k.

Sadly, the trip arrived over 2 hours late as departure time was supposed to be 2pm from Itakpe to Warri.

We eventually left at exactly 4:26pm for what would end becoming one of my most remarkable travels.

I was in the same cabin/coach with Mrs. Veronica Akpofure, (Neo Akpofure's) mother and together we gave the other passengers what looked like "NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LAUGHS."

It was a 5 hour trip to Abraka because I was heading to OZ, there was no need to travel with the train to Ujevwu.

On our return leg, we left Abraka at exactly 9:05am and by 1pm we were already at the Ajaokuta Station.

We got to Itakpe just before 1:30pm or there about.

Overall, the trip was fun, although the staff you could call very bad eggs. They can sell seat numbers to 6 different persons and inside the ride you'll get caught up in unnecessary arguments that shouldn't have been in the first place.

From my observation, an average staff would earn over 30 - 70k per trip from either of their primary station (I mean Ujevwu & Itakpe respectively).

While the security personnels on board are friendly, they are a part of this decay because you see them selling seats illegally.

The toilets are mostly unkempt, and there are not enough vendors aboard the train.

The worse of all is the oversabi staff that would always tell you not to film the tracks or even the station grin

P.S. Make sure you go with some kind of Identity Card...you go need am.

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by dcolumbus001: 7:54am On Oct 09, 2023
colbycell:
I completed a to and fro Abuja (Itakpe) - Abraka over the weekend. It's a N5,000 round trip to whatever destination.

Funny enough, some passengers were dropped off at Ajaokuta, Agbor and some other closer stations and they still paid 5k.

Sadly, the trip arrived over 2 hours late as departure time was supposed to be 2pm from Itakpe to Warri.

We eventually left at exactly 4:26pm for what would end becoming one of my most remarkable travels.

I was in the same cabin/coach with Mrs. Veronica Akpofure, (Neo Akpofure's) mother and together we gave the other passengers what looked like "NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LAUGHS."

It was a 5 hour trip to Abraka because I was heading to OZ, there was no need to travel with the train to Ujevwu.

On our return leg, we left Abraka at exactly 9:05am and by 1pm we were already at the Ajaokuta Station.

We got to Itakpe just before 1:30pm or there about.

Overall, the trip was fun, although the staff you could call very bad eggs. They can sell seat numbers to 6 different persons and inside the ride you'll get caught up in unnecessary arguments that shouldn't have been in the first place.

From my observation, an average staff would earn over 30 - 70k per trip from either of their primary station (I mean Ujevwu & Itakpe respectively).

While the security personnels on board are friendly, they are a part of this decay because you see them selling seats illegally.

The toilets are mostly unkempt, and there are not enough vendors aboard the train.

The worse of all is the oversabi staff that would always tell you not to film the tracks or even the station grin

P.S. Make sure you go with some kind of Identity Card...you go need am.
how much did you pay from Abuja to itakpe ? Also what time did you move from Abuja to itakpe and how long did it take to arrive there.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by colbycell: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
dcolumbus001:
how much did you pay from Abuja to itakpe ? Also what time did you move from Abuja to itakpe and how long did it take to arrive there.

I left my home at about 10am and I got to Itakpe at about 2:15pm. Luckily, on the said day the train came in over 2 hours late. Departure time was supposed to be 2pm.

Cost of the trip is 5k any stop. Trip usually last about 5 hours from Itakpe to Warri.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by dcolumbus001: 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2023
colbycell:

I left my home at about 10am and I got to Itakpe at about 2:15pm. Luckily, on the said day the train came in over 2 hours late. Departure time was supposed to be 2pm.

Cost of the trip is 5k any stop. Trip usually last about 5 hours from Itakpe to Warri.
thank you, will use it when travelling for Christmas

To be safe I should leave by 9am then.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by colbycell: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
dcolumbus001:
thank you, will use it when travelling for Christmas

To be safe I should leave by 9am then.

I would suggest you leave earlier, because I was lucky on the day. Traffic, task force, bad road, all these things could make you day slow.

If you're the chilling type, there is a corner by the station where you could easily chill and have some of your favs while waiting for the train.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by dcolumbus001: 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
colbycell:

I would suggest you leave earlier, because I was lucky on the day. Traffic, task force, bad road, all these things could make you day slow.

If you're the chilling type, there is a corner by the station where you could easily chill and have some of your favs while waiting for the train.
Okay bro, ThaNks alot

1 Like

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by airprince(m): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2023
Hello pls urgently I’ll like to know if the Agbor train station is current functioning I’d love to get to Itakpe
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 11:13am On Oct 23, 2023
airprince:
Hello pls urgently I’ll like to know if the Agbor train station is current functioning I’d love to get to Itakpe

Hello. Good morning.

Yes, it is functioning. Everyday, public holiday inclusive.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by airprince(m): 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
folake4u:

Hello. Good morning.

Yes, it is functioning. Everyday, public holiday inclusive.

Okay thanks do you know the time?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2023
airprince:

Okay thanks do you know the time?

Please go through the thread. You'd understand the process better.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good news for train lovers. kiss

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 10
folake4u
Sundays hold a special place in my heart.

Clean sheets, clean house, dark room, watching my favourite K-drama series, hysterical laughter.
Yet she no go church.

Ogbanje vibes
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 11:28pm On Mar 10
Tallesty1:

Yet she no go church.

Ogbanje vibes

You really enjoy looking for my trouble, don't you? grin angry
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 11:34pm On Mar 10
folake4u:

You really enjoy looking for my trouble, don't you? grin angry
I don't look for trouble; I'm too gentle for that.

But you sef reason am.

Doing that alone in a dark room undecided
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 11:36pm On Mar 10
Tallesty1:

I don't look for trouble; I'm too gentle for that.

But you sef reason am.

Doing that alone in a dark room undecided

Yen yen yen.

Lol. I love dark rooms. I love darkness.
I enjoy my company too by talking to myself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kemi Filani Tours Ibadan Zoo And Agodi Gardens (photos) / Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop / Passengers Survive An Accident Involving Cows. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.