Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria (26471 Views)

Aba Residents Opt For Train Ride Due To Bad Roads: Pictures & Video / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2022
You are very much welcome and the train was quite comfortable like there was no speed bumps nothing aside the occasional stops it was nice like they even sell stuffs in it�
folake4u:

Thank you Marvelous. smiley

Awww. You're welcome.

I'm glad for safe return to and fro too. kiss

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 3:29am On Nov 23, 2022
marvellously:
You are very much welcome and the train was quite comfortable like there was no speed bumps nothing aside the occasional stops it was nice like they even sell stuffs in it�

Yes. There's ALWAYS occasional stops for other locations. Why speed bumps go dey train na grin grin Haba.
They sell stuffs inside, yes very correct.

I'm glad you got to experience it.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2022
Like all those gallops and speed breakers on normal express way nor dey the feeling was superb omor from now on thats what I'll be using just that I miss stopping in traffic tho cool
folake4u:

Yes. There's ALWAYS occasional stops for other locations. Why speed bumps go dey train na grin grin Haba.
They sell stuffs inside, yes very correct.

I'm glad you got to experience it.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:44am On Nov 23, 2022
marvellously:
Like all those gallops and speed breakers on normal express way nor dey the feeling was superb omor from now on thats what I'll be using just that I miss stopping in traffic tho cool

Wetin concern gallops and speed breakers with train? You're funny.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2022
cool cool why I said no gallops or portholes on the tracks was a nice feeling was because from itakpe to Abuja there was a long stretch that was riddled with port holes and our driver was on speed inside all those hummer bus when don old like everywhere was paining me I imagined going all thru that hell from warrior I for pass out, like the last time I went by road na God abeggg
folake4u:

Wetin concern gallops and speed breakers with train? You're funny.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 8:13am On Nov 23, 2022
marvellously:
cool cool why I said no gallops or portholes on the tracks was a nice feeling was because from itakpe to Abuja there was a long stretch that was riddled with port holes and our driver was on speed inside all those hummer bus when don old like everywhere was paining me I imagined going all thru that hell from warrior I for pass out, like the last time I went by road na God abeggg

Lol. Alright then.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 9:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Thank yooooooou
folake4u:

Lol. Alright then.

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by ThatEdoboy: 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aunty Folake4u, pls how do i get to Abuja from Benin by train, could you please direct me with the best possibly route.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2022
ThatEdoboy:
Aunty Folake4u, pls how do i get to Abuja from Benin by train, could you please direct me with the best possibly route.

From Benin, go to Agbor railway station.

I've stated it severally on the thread. You should read it up.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Depressed101: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2022
marvellously:
bro please is the itakpe - warri railroad working this period?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Depressed101: 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
folake4u:

From Benin, go to Agbor railway station.

I've stated it severally on the thread. You should read it up.
please is itakpe to warri still functional? I've been trying to call them to book a ride for 20 Dec. It's been switched off. Also how much is the ride?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
Yes as at when I made the post you quoted but I don't see why it should not be working currently it would have been on the news
Depressed101:
bro please is the itakpe - warri railroad working this period?

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2022
First class is 5k while regular class is 3k
Depressed101:
please is itakpe to warri still functional? I've been trying to call them to book a ride for 20 Dec. It's been switched off. Also how much is the ride?

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
Depressed101:

It is still functional. I used it last month.

Call ke? You better go to the train station yourself. There's no online booking,it is cash and board a train ride.

Please check the first page of my thread for more details. smiley

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Chee59(f): 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Edo to kogi 3 hours.
Wow! A train ride is something I'd really really love to try but for insecurity plus no train in my state.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 10:45am On Dec 10, 2022
Chee59:
Edo to kogi 3 hours.
Wow! A train ride is something I'd really really love to try but for insecurity plus no train in my state.

Lol. What state do you reside in?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Chee59(f): 11:20am On Dec 10, 2022
folake4u:

Lol. What state do you reside in?
Benue
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2022
Chee59:

Benue

Okay. You can still experience train ride.

It can be done by taking a car/bus ride from Benue to Kogi State. And from there,you can board a train ride at Itakpe,Kogi State to Edo or Delta.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by neztar: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
folake4u:
Pic 1: Arrival of morning train passengers.
Pic 2: Price list for passengers from Ajaokuta to Ujevwu and environs.
hi, i'm sorry if i come off as carnal. Pls pardon my excesses. I'm a big fan of your interesting diaries. This is not my first time of knowing you. You are one of the females i admired a lot due to your noble qualities. You are free to discard me but i'm crazy about you. But that doesn't mean i'm unserious. I've read all your threads including this one and i've been really impressed. I'm not a bad person. I just like playing alot. At the same time, i'm focused. This is me bearing my heart to you. Hear me out.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
neztar:
hi, i'm sorry if i come off as carnal. Pls pardon my excesses. I'm a big fan of your interesting diaries. This is not my first time of knowing you. You are one of the females i admired a lot due to your noble qualities. You are free to discard me but i'm crazy about you. But that doesn't mean i'm unserious. I've read all your threads including this one and i've been really impressed. I'm not a bad person. I just like playing alot. At the same time, i'm focused. This is me bearing my heart to you. Hear me out.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOU.

FUÇK OFF FROM MY THREADS.

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by neztar: 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
folake4u:

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOU.
FUÇK OFF FROM MY THREADS.
temper justice with mercy. I know I fúcked up
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wetin be this? For person when you never see angry
neztar:
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Gladheart1(f): 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2022
Please Folake4u is there a morning train from itakpe to abraka? I would be traveling from Abuja and I wanted to know if a morning train is available and whats the departure time? Thank you so much.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
Gladheart1:
Please Folake4u is there a morning train from itakpe to abraka? I would be traveling from Abuja and I wanted to know if a morning train is available and whats the departure time? Thank you so much.

Hi there. I stated all these on the first page of the thread.

Yes, there's morning train from Itakpe to Delta State.
Departure time for morning train is by 8am.

If you want to use the morning train at Itakpe, you have to sleep there overnight at the station or leave Abuja really early,let's say 3am so you'd get to Itakpe railway station at 6/7am, just in time for you to buy tickets and board the train.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
I've finally confirmed from a friend that the Abuja-Kaduna train station is safe and working now. smiley
He used the train as at today and spent roughly 4k.

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2022
Good morning folake I never knew there was a morning train from itakpe to delta state, I thought it was only one train that plies the route because when I was coming back from abuja they said it was only the afternoon train by 2pm which was coming from delta state that would be available?
folake4u:

Hi there. I stated all these on the first page of the thread.

Yes, there's morning train from Itakpe to Delta State.
Departure time for morning train is by 8am.

If you want to use the morning train at Itakpe, you have to sleep there overnight at the station or leave Abuja really early,let's say 3am so you'd get to Itakpe railway station at 6/7am, just in time for you to buy tickets and board the train.

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
marvellously:
Good morning folake I never knew there was a morning train from itakpe to delta state, I thought it was only one train that plies the route because when I was coming back from abuja they said it was only the afternoon train by 2pm which was coming from delta state that would be available?

There's morning train from Itakpe to Delta State, it leaves Itakpe by 8am. I know of that well. Except if they've stopped it which I'm not aware of right now.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by marvellously(m): 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
Okay thank you
folake4u:

There's morning train from Itakpe to Delta State, it leaves Itakpe by 8am. I know of that well. Except if they've stopped it which I'm not aware of right now.

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
I've been convincing my friend in Abuja for a while to give Train ride a chance and he finally did today. cheesy
He got a cab from Zuba park in Abuja to Itakpe railway station for 5k and boarded the afternoon train.

There's an increase in railway tickets since 5th December,2022.
Formerly from Itakpe to Delta State;
Economy class is 3k.
First class is 5,500.

But now:
Economy class is 5k.
First class is 9k.

Federal Government wehdone oh. undecided

Pic 1: The former stamp showed 3k but Economy class is 5k now.

Pic 2: New price list.

Price 3: The crowd at Itakpe railway station today. Everyone's travelling for the holidays. cheesy

Pic 4: Feedback from my friend.

Cc:
marvellously
Chee59
Gladheart1
ThatEdoboy
Depressed101

And others intending to travel with train from now till next year. Please note the increment in prices. Thank you.

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Chee59(f): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
folake4u:
I've been convincing my friend in Abuja for a while to give Train ride a chance and he finally did today. cheesy
He got a cab from Zuba park in Abuja to Itakpe railway station for 5k and boarded the afternoon train.

There's an increase in railway tickets since 5th December,2022.
Formerly from Itakpe to Delta State;
Economy class is 3k.
First class is 5,500.

But now:
Economy class is 5k.
First class is 9k.

Federal Government wehdone oh. undecided

Pic 1: The former stamp showed 3k but Economy class is 5k now.

Pic 2: New price list.

Price 3: The crowd at Itakpe railway station today. Everyone's travelling for the holidays. cheesy

Pic 4: Feedback from my friend.

Cc:
marvellously
Chee59
Gladheart1
ThatEdoboy
Depressed101

And others intending to travel with train from now till next year. Please note the increment in prices. Thank you.
From where to where? I don't really understand where he's journeying to.

There's no federal government body that governs pricing in this country.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Chee59:

From where to where? I don't really understand where he's journeying to.

There's no federal government body that governs pricing in this country.

From Itakpe to Agbor, and then taking a cab to Benin City.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Chee59(f): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
folake4u:

From Itakpe to Agbor, and then taking a cab to Benin City.
I'm supposing itakpe is delta right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BREAKING: FG To Shut Down Enugu Airport (see Why) / NRC Begins Free Train Rides From Aladja-Warri To Itakpe-Abuja / 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51