Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert (46728 Views)

Convoy Transporting Equipment For Russia's Nuclear Forces On The Move (pictures) / Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions / Israel Praises Trump For Soleimani Killing, Places Military On High Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Thetruthshallse(m): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2022
Why can't the cowardly US and it's NATO lap dogs implement no-fly zone over Ukraine? I remember Libya it was their strategy to kill gadaffi. They know that Russia will fight back. Flat track bullies lots of them. Bleep the Satanist USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by tenpipsperday: 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
Frankiss44:

All na noise.. Who wan activate nuclear weapon nor go tell people on him action.. See as Putin dey act like the small boy for north Korea

Na your Papa born you jare.

Nuclear weapon poison spreads through the air. The whole world is affected but some nairaland urchins see it as American problem.

The person Putin will ask to activate the weapon is the same person to execute him. Who wan die

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Invitationn: 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
EKONGKING:
Most of the commentators are missing the big picture about Russia ukraine war and why western governments are overreacting with all sorts of sanctions.
Have you seen any asian ,south american or african country put sanctions like western countries. Among asians only japan ,south korea and singapore put sanctions that are bare minimum of what was put by western countries.

The real reason is China .if russia gets away ,expect china to invade taiwan .All this sanctions are to deter china from invading taiwan ,so economic wise china will be poorer.
Why western countries are worried about china is, if taiwan is invaded ,U.S.A is mandated to fight china .
USA being nato country all western countries will be invovled against china . this the exact scenario they want to avoid.
by punishing putin and russia ,they want set an example to china.

Get your facts right.
The US is not under any mandate to defend Taiwan. Go and read Taiwan assurance act again. That's the best proof you can come up with.
China doesn't want to invade Taiwan; it's all Western lies. Xi Jinping wants a peaceful reunion with Taiwan. The Taiwanese are being pushed just like they pushed the Ukrainians.
However, China has a reservation, just like the Russians, that, if Taiwan declares independence, they will invade.
China prefers it subtle. Find recent comments from Xi below.
China is blooming, and I'm sure they don't want no trouble, at least for now.

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Frankiss44(m): 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2022
tenpipsperday:

Na your Papa born you jare.

Nuclear weapon poison spreads through the air. The whole world is affected but some nairaland urchins see it as American problem.

The person Putin will ask to activate the weapon is the same person to execute him. Who wan die

Nonsense

Nor mind these small children for nairaland.. Na laugh I just dey come here come laugh.. Mumu people feel say nuclear bomb na biscuit

1 Like

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by JOemmy(m): 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:
Economically strangulating a nuclear power is a declaration of war.

JFK threatened to ignite a nuclear war in 1962 if Russia refused to remove their missile from Cuba.

US is doing the same thing now in Ukraine, and people expect Russia to be quiet.

I am surprised Putin didn't even threaten to nuke Ukraine at first, just like JFK threatened to nuke Cuba.

Have Ukraine joined NATO? Have the US installed any missile in Ukraine that is targeting russia? There's absolutely no justifications for this russian unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

2 Likes

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by MarketDispatch: 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
GardenOfGod:

CNN
At every step of this conflict Putin has manufactured threats to justify more aggressive actions

Just like USA manufactured threats that don't exist to justify their actions to Kill Ghadaffi .
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Awkabigboy: 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
somehow:
[s]Every news from this forum has been from the US and NATO nations.

How do you expect your readers on this forum to be truly informed?

Same pattern until they destroyed countries like Iraq and Libya with lies and propoganda.

Whoever is pushing all these US side of the story on this forum is either wicked or fully ignorant[/s].

Cho cho cho no one is stopping u from bringing the news from Russia, people are bringing what they like bring your own, no one will do that for u

2 Likes

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Zeefort: 6:41pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hello beloved
With a sober heart and never thought I could ever do this in my life, I seek for financial help from you all.
Having lost my job since last year August, I have been living on the little I earn with my handiwork to take care of my family but a very big issue around me now that I have been unable to sort out is my rent which is due for payment for 4month now. Today 28th of February is the last day for me to pay or pack out before 11:55pm which was signed by me last month. I plead to you all, no amount is small, I hv 20% of the rent already but needed to complete it immediately today. Please support me with any amount.
Zero zero three six two eight six five nine six. GTB
God Almight bless you all
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Great0ne1: 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
EKONGKING:
Most of the commentators are missing the big picture about Russia ukraine war and why western governments are overreacting with all sorts of sanctions.
Have you seen any asian ,south american or african country put sanctions like western countries. Among asians only japan ,south korea and singapore put sanctions that are bare minimum of what was put by western countries.

The real reason is China .if russia gets away ,expect china to invade taiwan .All this sanctions are to deter china from invading taiwan ,so economic wise china will be poorer.
Why western countries are worried about china is, if taiwan is invaded ,U.S.A is mandated to fight china .
USA being nato country all western countries will be invovled against china . this the exact scenario they want to avoid.

Have said it before and will repeat this again. Americas over ambition to dominate this earth will set the world on another world war. They are everywhere causing all sorts of problem. Trump lead administration would have likely pushed for peaceful settlement rather than encouraging war. You call yours self the great example of democracy, but you cannot respect the choices the people of crimea and donbass has made. You called putin a mad man capable of taken down the earth with his nuclear weapon, but you keep moving your war machine to his door step, trying to provoke him, under the pretence of nato. WHAT ON EARTH DOES AMERICA AND THE USELESS PUPPETS UNDER NATO REALLY WANT ?
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Alusiizizi(m): 6:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
Stevenson20:
Putin you better thread with caution. The West and its allies are united, their target is to destroy your economy first, before they finally humble and disgrace you.

Embrace Dialogue

A thousand empty threats can never fill a bucket.
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by riczy(m): 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2022
Those whom d gods wud kill,he will first make mad!
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Focusmind: 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:

JFK threatened to ignite a nuclear war in 1962 if Russia refused to remove their missile from Cuba.

US is doing the same thing now in Ukraine, and people expect Russia to be quiet.

I am surprised Putin didn't even threaten to nuke Ukraine at first, just like JFK threatened to nuke Cuba.

Most of the "students" here are kids. They won't understand. Fantastic analysis.

You don't strangulate a nuclear power like that and cut them off from the world. This is the harshest sanction ever imposed on any country. Russia will truly feel the impact. You could tell that Putin has started feeling uneasy because of these sanctions.
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by frog12: 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
what do you think they were doing in ukraine? all these weapons that went there? you no go know until it is too late !!

JOemmy:

Have Ukraine joined NATO? Have the US installed any missile in Ukraine that is targeting russia? There's absolutely no justifications for this russian unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by kansoboy: 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
Frankiss44:

And how far is the invasion going? cheesy

If you have followed the invasion you will know that Ukraine is loosing all angle.

Airport destroyed, plane destroyed, oil facilities destroyed, Ukrainian turning to refugees., Many civilians killed...
Battle ground Ukraine

Russian soldiers died Vs Ukrainian soldiers died too

Oga with what I have listed above, u don't need any person to tell u that Ukraine is the one suffering in this war, except u want to pretend to Urself.

And let me remind u, if after today dialogue and nothing good comes out ,russian will bomb more facilities and ukrain will also lose whatever facility that will be bomb.

Bros,
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by bonechamberlain(m): 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2022
Focusmind:

Most of the "students" here are kids. They won't understand. Fantastic analysis.

You don't strangulate a nuclear power like that and cut them off from the world. This is the harshest sanction ever imposed on any country. Russia will truly feel the impact. You could tell that Putin has started feeling uneasy because of these sanctions.
most Nigerians don't read and research, even of they do it's always one sided, filled with sentiments and no objectivity. It's worse with this generation. The only thing holding Russia is the energy sector hasn't been sanctioned yet

1 Like

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
News reaching me from Belarus says meeting has ended at a deadlock! And The Bear( Russia) is continuing it onslaught in Ukraine.
I hear Ukraine asked for a Cease fire and for soldiers to leave Crimea which was bluntly refused.

I hear Putin is becoming crazier and has created a route for civilians to leave Kiev , and that anyone who refuses to leave will be crushed! because he is about full strength and bombardment of the City.

I hear Belarus is set its to have its Nuclear, well set up by Russia.

I hear Russia has closed its airspace to NATO countries and Europe over 30 countries.

I hear UAV's were Fired at Iran's Busher Nuclear station just some few hrs ago.

Listen! Things are getting out of Hand!
We are in the Last seconds of the Last Minutes of the Last Hours of the Last days!
The RAPTURE can Happen at anytime!
Take your Relationship with JESUS Serious! Run from sin , evils and any Ungodly thing that will hinder you.

They who have Ears to Hear! Let dem Hear!

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by bonechamberlain(m): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
JOemmy:

so Russia should wait until Ukraine joins NATO and host their missiles.

Let me educate you small, the moment Ukraine joins NATO it's over for Russia, because if they attack Ukraine the whole NATO attacks, then you have your 3rd world war.
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by smeag0l(m): 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2022
That's not the reason why asian or south american countries dont put sanctions on Russia. There are 8 major currencies in the world. Of these 8, 5 are reserve currencies. They are called reserve currencies because almost all of the world's foreign exchange are denominated in these currencies. Also, almost all of the world's major business transactions are done in these currencies. They're the US dollar, Japanese yen, British pounds, Euro and the Swiss franc. This is why sanctions from the countries that own these currencies are being talked about. Japan has issued similar sanctions as the US,UK and EU. A coordinated approach to sanctions by countries that own these 5 currencies can cripple any economy in the world. This is what theyre doing to Russia right now.
EKONGKING:

2 Likes

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by jaxxy(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
Uptownerd:
Ukraine: 6 Reasons why Vladimir Putin's Russia is not Afraid of US and NATO Sanctions

“Why is Russia not afraid of Western sanctions?”

When all your aggressor does is levy more sanctions on you, they help you discover more ways of circumventing it if you look hard enough.

http://uptownerd.com/2022/02/26/ukraine-6-reasons-why-vladimir-putins-russia-is-not-afraid-of-us-and-nato-sanctions/

When u are fighting a war and getting sanctions u are preparing ur country for suicide. Problems will emanate in catastrophic proportions from the war on one side and the sanctions on another. U economy will be end up in a state of beyond redemption.

Many people don’t understand that sanctions get levels. Sanctions passs sanctions.
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Tip101(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
EKONGKING:

God bless you brother. You’re the only person that understands what’s going on. Almost all these people just talk with sentiments, they don’t even “Think”.

1 Like

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by excel101(m): 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2022
setobaba:
They are scared, I swear, I can’t believe it. Bleep the west. Putin getting the attention of the whole world every minutes
US and several other NATO members has Nuclear Weapon. Same weapon the old criminal, Putin is using to threaten the world. Very soon he would be captured.
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by spartan117(m): 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:

Did US put any missile in Ukraine?
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by Holaomoakin(m): 7:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hope Putin will be able to assert total casualties of his ego-driven war.
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by excel101(m): 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:

Liar! It was same Soviet Union (Russia), that constructed Nuclear Missile in Cuba, in1962 that the then American President John F. Kennedy was against. Please stop misinforming people.

1 Like

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by frog12: 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2022
olodo ! dem go tell you if they put am ?
in 1962 when soviets put missiles in cuba, dem no tell americans. it was by luck, americans find out.

spartan117:

Did US put any missile in Ukraine?

1 Like

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by CoronaVirusPro: 7:15pm On Feb 28, 2022
kansoboy:

If you have followed the invasion you will know that Ukraine is loosing all angle.

Airport destroyed, plane destroyed, oil facilities destroyed, Ukrainian turning to refugees., Many civilians killed...
Battle ground Ukraine

Russian soldiers died Vs Ukrainian soldiers died too

Oga with what I have listed above, u don't need any person to tell u that Ukraine is the one suffering in this war, except u want to pretend to Urself.

And let me remind u, if after today dialogue and nothing good comes out ,russian will bomb more facilities and ukrain will also lose whatever facility that will be bomb.

Bros,

Part of the loss grin grin grin

Shell announces it's exiting all its joint-ventures with Gazprom, including its 27.5% stake in the Sakhalin-2 LNG facility. Shell carries those JV at $3 billion valuation on its books, and it's warning of impartments

grin grin grin Nigerians will be sending money to Russians in no time. Just relax and we would see who lost the war

Ukraine will get world support to rebuild, Russia will be isolated and stagnant.
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by oracle009(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
News

Were re o grin

I've even started reading the bullshit before noting the moniker. You sure you normal like this bro? grin
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by sanpipita(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
kansoboy:

Putin from day one stated that any interference from any state or threat from any state will be met with a consequence never seen before.

If u listen to Putin again , he ordered the nuclear high alert because the sanctions coming from different state to him is perceived as a threat.

If you ask me, that is a man that means his words.

Let all of us not be fooled, if any country try rubbish, Putin will nuke the world, and mind u, we all, u,Ur family, me, my family and everybody in this world stand to suffer it. Will u want to dare Putin?... To me the answer is No.

West, NATO, America should not dare Putin....let them look for amicable way to talk him down. All this ranting on nairaland, sanctions from West/American and NATO will not safe us when the nuke start heading towards Boom Boom.

Countries have been sanctioning Russia and send arms to Ukraine what has Putin done? get out of here with your nonsense
Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by spartan117(m): 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
frog12:
olodo ! dem go tell you if they put am ?
in 1962 when soviets put missiles in cuba, dem no tell americans. it was by luck, americans find out.

So how you take know? US no talk about any missile, Ukraine no talk, even the Russia wey you dey defend neva even accuse US of putting missile.

So where you come get your gist? I be wan call you olodo, but make I refrain cheesy

2 Likes

Re: White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert by ogaontop(m): 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2022
somehow:
Every news from this forum has been from the US and NATO nations.

How do you expect your readers on this forum to be truly informed?

Same pattern until they destroyed countries like Iraq and Libya with lies and propoganda.

Whoever is pushing all these US side of the story on this forum is either wicked or fully ignorant.

I think nothing stops you from bringing up news from sources if you have!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded / Russian Tank Regiment Commander Kills Himself Over Unserviceable Vehicles / Melania Trump's Stunning Dress To The Trump Pre-inauguration Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.