Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State (71032 Views)

Police Detain 12 Illegal Nigerians Over Refusal To Leave Kazakhstan / Ekpoma Residents Abandon Accident Victim, Loot Trailer Load Of Rice / Accident Victim At Elohor Clinic Agbarho, Do You Know Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by EvilNeedle(m): 11:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
When did a Hyundai Sonata 2012 become an exotic car cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Boyooosa(m): 11:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Lord God grant me sense

Yeah
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by danngnews: 11:21pm On Feb 28, 2022
Mooh247:
This can happen any where in the world

You simply provide proof of income with your tax certificate and statement of account

On this man your police dey flex muscle, meanwhile politicians have been living beyond their known means of income,Nigerian is strange place.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by HilcomTech(m): 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2022
silverlinen:
I just dey see comments above me, wey some people say make the guy just yarn them how him take dey make him money.
Where's it in the constitution that states that a guy can not own a car?
As far as he don pass 18 years, he's free to own a car?
Nigerian security agencies just dey find way to take make money, make them better start to dey bomb clients so that them them no go dey jealous young dudes wey dey make money.

G-Boys spoted.

Go back and read Mooh247 post and you have your answer.

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by HilcomTech(m): 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
EvilNeedle:
When did a Hyundai Sonata 2012 become an exotic car cheesy cheesy

A brand new one of that car cost nearly 10 million Naira.

What stops him from explaining himself with proofs if he doesn't have anything to hide.

Proofs such as inheritance or evidence of legitimate source of income that could fetch that kind of car.

Even civil servants with legitimate source of income but who live above their means are being questioned by the government.

3 Likes

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Dearlord(m): 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
post=110641569:

Hmmmm... this is deep!

Hmmmmm, this is deeper!

grin grin tell me the deepest :Di am anxiously waiting.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Naija8240: 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Mooh247:

You simply provide proof of income with your tax certificate and statement of account

Woow . People needs to travel . Never ever seen or witness this type of thing in any developed country.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Blackdisciple(m): 11:39pm On Feb 28, 2022
WTF are they talking about, this guy is above 18 na, what if he died in the process would they be asking the dead body this miserable questions...!
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by l0uie(m): 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hadone:
Police is right on this. How do you expect public sympathy just like that? You should have defended yourself beyond doubt on how you LEGITIMATELY got the expensive car in question. Assuming you're a yahoo boy, defrauded innocent people and own a big car, how do you expect our sympathy?

Wetin your sympathy go do for am? Omo, people just dey bitter with no remorse.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Ferdinandu(m): 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
EBMedia:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaSN5gErfjp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
That is supposed to be a normal routine anywhere in the world. He only has a reason to complain if he presented a clear evidence of his source of income to be able to afford the car and they still detained him. A large percentage of young guys in Nigeria with flashy cars are into one illegality or the other.

3 Likes

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by dokyOloye: 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
this one will celebrate Abbah Kyari younger brother that drives Ferrari. But will be spitting around when his fellow southern brother own ordinary Benz.
Na oil soup ppl be that for you

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by kabukabu50(m): 11:48pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ferdinandu:
That is supposed to be a normal routine anywhere in the world. He only has a reason to complain if he presented a clear evidence of his source of income to be able to afford the car and they still detained him. A large percentage of young guys in Nigeria with flashy cars are into one illegality or the other.

Rubbish.

All he needs to show is license and insurance.

Police do not have the right to question your income
They only do it it backward countries.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by aikyg(m): 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2022
Kingpin1000:
They should have called EFCC on him.. He should explain how He got the money. If He is clean should be set free but if found wanting He should face the full wrath of the law
That means that about 90% of our politicians should also explain how they got their own money or face the full wrath of the law.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by adonainana: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2022
HilcomTech:

A brand new one of that car cost nearly 10 million Naira.

What stops him from explaining himself with proofs if he doesn't have anything to hide.

Proofs such as inheritance or evidence of legitimate source of income that could fetch that kind of car.

Even civil servants with legitimate source of income but who live above their means are being questioned by the government.

Hmm but what if he was driving a 1990 Nissan bus, would you stop him to ask him for proof of his POVERTY and how come and why is he this poor to be driving one lol

Besides a Hyundai Sonata 2012 is not a luxury car, it’s probably a tokunbo he could afford to buy, it’s the level of poverty and wretchedness in Nigeria that makes people think 2.3 million naira cars are expensive cos some people would never see 2.3 million in thier account till they die in this nigeria

So my advice is please change your mindset ooo, 4,000 dollars is 4k dollars anywhere on planet earth and a lot of people in this world have 4k dollars in thier account or on the conversion of thier currency

The only exception to the paragraph above is NIGERIA cos the level and type of poverty here no be from this world so 2.3 cars are expensive so expensive that someone has an accident instead of helping you ask where did he get the money to buy it in the first place

Omo this is a wrong approach brother

3 Likes

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by nextstep(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hadone:
Police is right on this. How do you expect public sympathy just like that? You should have defended yourself beyond doubt on how you LEGITIMATELY got the expensive car in question. Assuming you're a yahoo boy, defrauded innocent people and own a big car, how do you expect our sympathy?

This is not how you prosecute things. I'm not defending crime, but there is nothing in any law that says you have to have income to own a car. It can be a gift, inheritance, auction sale, compensation, etc. So far as the car is registered lawfully according to the FRSC, what concerns police with how the car was obtained? The proper point of investigation is not even during registration of the vehicle in the man's name: it's when the (allegedly) fraudulent funds were put into the man's account.

TBH a real yahoo boy would a). not have gone to police for assistance, or b). would have paid off police by now to hush things.
I was expecting to see Benz or even recent Lexus. But Hyundai? That's the new bar for police harrassment huh? Next, they will be stopping youths who have earned their keke or bus on hire purchase. Oh they're already dong this and collecting their share. Or how about our youths with laptop? I almost lost my composure one day when police was grilling me on why I had a laptop. In this 21st century.

This is a very dangerous thing police are doing - and the result is always the same: not to solve crime, but to line their own pockets. Imagine: I was carrying a generator in my car and police stopped me to query for the receipt. After 30 minutes of cool headed back-and-forth, their leader eventually said: "even if na tif you tif am, just pay us something and go."

Kingpin1000:
They should have called EFCC on him.. He should explain how He got the money. If He is clean should be set free but if found wanting He should face the full wrath of the law
..... why are people attacking me for saying He should be interrogated for his wealth.
My teacher in secondary school always say " a thief runeth when no man pursueth".
I am not scared of the EFCC because I can account for the little I have and when it gets bigger I will still be able to account for it.

Obviously, our law enforcement have not pinned crimes on you before. Just because one is accused and arrested in Nigeria, does not mean they did anything wrong.

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by ogaontop(m): 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2022
Kingpin1000:
..... why are people attacking me for saying He should be interrogated for his wealth.
My teacher in secondary school always say " a thief runeth when no man pursueth".
I am not scared of the EFCC because I can account for the little I have and when it gets bigger I will still be able to account for it.
Till they pin you with a CRIME you know nothing about, seems you don't know this people too well
Even guys that do VERY legitimate businesses don't pray to encounter police or EFCC
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by onikoyikosoko: 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by HilcomTech(m): 12:01am On Mar 01, 2022
Blackdisciple:
WTF are they talking about, this guy is above 18 na, what if he died in the process would they be asking the dead body this miserable questions...!

Above 18 doesn't mean he is above the law.

Let him explain his source of income with valid proofs instead of coming to social media.

Even civil servants with legitimate source of income are being questioned if they are seen to be living above their income not to talk of someone without any source of income.

2 Likes

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by tragergeorge(m): 12:10am On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:
na d car d pain u abi wetin,for same 9ja wen all of us de suffer na u de say make them call thives(efcc) that's being used by the people (govt) putting us in suffer to come interrogate someone that's suffering like u ...
U guys should take it easy,no body holy pass...
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by tragergeorge(m): 12:11am On Mar 01, 2022
Mooh247:

nope ,you lie,
Unless he's underaged,,,no one has the right to ask that in a working system,if no b d kinda country we de 19yr old in Yankee already been given a car loan to own a car

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by tragergeorge(m): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2022
silverlinen:
I just dey see comments above me, wey some people say make the guy just yarn them how him take dey make him money.
Where's it in the constitution that states that a guy can not own a car?
As far as he don pass 18 years, he's free to own a car?
Nigerian security agencies just dey find way to take make money, make them better start to dey bomb clients so that them them no go dey jealous young dudes wey dey make money.
the security own no pain me,na your fellow nairaland own de pain me,
Like the police or so called efcc de after boy being too Young to own or car abi na their money them de find,
Even if he's a fraudster ,the same Police they are calling for him will take thier share and let him go continue his Yahoo Yahoo
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:20am On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:
you will forever have that little in your miserable lifetime Amen
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by tragergeorge(m): 12:21am On Mar 01, 2022
Ekpekus:

And what if the car is a gift?
If the driver has valid documentation for the car, all what you listed are not needed anywhere in the world
abeg leave them o...
Them don de reduce ,them many pass so before for the nairaland
Source of income people,
Imagine his hatred for he fellow comrade cos he fit afford a car...
Where in the world do one get arrested from r owning a car...
Unless the person is an underaged driving without a license

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by silverlinen(m): 12:23am On Mar 01, 2022
tragergeorge:
the security own no pain me,na your fellow nairaland own de pain me,
Like the police or so called efcc de after boy being too Young to own or car abi na their money them de find,
Even if he's a fraudster ,the same Police they are calling for him will take thier share and let him go continue his Yahoo Yahoo
Valid point brr.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by tragergeorge(m): 12:28am On Mar 01, 2022
Hadone:

Abba Kyari's brother or even Abba Kyari himself should be treated with same opinion I insisted on this case. If he possessed his wealth LEGITIMATELY then he should be set free to continue with his life. If investigated and found guilty of acquiring illegitimate wealth, I recommend he should be arrested and charged to court to face the wrath of law. My judgment is not sentimental or bias
if not for your hatred,,,
The good thing he did by reporting after an accident is not applaudable,
You prefer he hit and run abi...
Wetin concern Police wit person source of wealth when he's not wanted fraudster,,u just de cry mumu cry,police don cash out from the boy,e don go continue he life...

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Shalommy(f): 12:31am On Mar 01, 2022
Wahala dey for naija.. Chaii.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by donhils: 12:31am On Mar 01, 2022
What's the name of the exotic car �?

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Dearlord(m): 12:33am On Mar 01, 2022
post=110641569:

Hmmmm... this is deep!

Hmmmmm, this is deeper!!

Hmmmm., this is the deepest!!!
cheesy

U are such a funny observer cool
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by ozoono(m): 12:42am On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Oh Lord give dis idiot sense. Can't he work to get his money. ABI u forget say now is technology age. I may b surprised he is creating website for big company

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Lady Weeps After Her Exclusion (Video) / The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing / Coldest States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.