Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State (71040 Views)

Police Detain 12 Illegal Nigerians Over Refusal To Leave Kazakhstan / Ekpoma Residents Abandon Accident Victim, Loot Trailer Load Of Rice / Accident Victim At Elohor Clinic Agbarho, Do You Know Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Rawhumper(m): 12:57am On Mar 01, 2022
Was that a movie? That face even look far older than mine how come they detain am.....abet give us better gist.

ote author=EBMedia post=110637464]

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaSN5gErfjp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by HilcomTech(m): 12:58am On Mar 01, 2022
nextstep:

This is not how you prosecute things. I'm not defending crime, but there is nothing in any law that says you have to have income to own a car. It can be a gift, inheritance, auction sale, compensation, etc. So far as the car is registered lawfully according to the FRSC, [b]what concerns police with how the car was obtained? [/b]The proper point of investigation is not even during registration of the vehicle in the man's name: it's when the (allegedly) fraudulent funds were put into the man's account.

TBH a real yahoo boy would a). not have gone to police for assistance, or b). would have paid off police by now to hush things.
I was expecting to see Benz or even recent Lexus. But Hyundai? That's the new bar for police harrassment huh? Next, they will be stopping youths who have earned their keke or bus on hire purchase. Oh they're already dong this and collecting their share. Or how about our youths with laptop? I almost lost my composure one day when police was grilling me on why I had a laptop. In this 21st century.

This is a very dangerous thing police are doing - and the result is always the same: not to solve crime, but to line their own pockets. Imagine: I was carrying a generator in my car and police stopped me to query for the receipt. After 30 minutes of cool headed back-and-forth, their leader eventually said: "even if na tif you tif am, just pay us something and go."

Obviously, our law enforcement have not pinned crimes on you before. Just because one is accused and arrested in Nigeria, does not mean they did anything wrong.

You are defending crime. A lot concerns the police with how you acquire properties.
He got a car gift from a nameless person?
He got a car through inheritance and he doesn't even know the name of the person that died?
Bros, na wa for you sha.

Any let him explain his source of income with valid proofs instead of coming to social media.

Even civil servants with legitimate source of income are being questioned if they are seen to be living above their income not to talk of someone without any source of income.

2 Likes

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by pacespot(m): 12:59am On Mar 01, 2022
Most of these police arrests and intimidation are born out of jealousy and hatred, not because they are fighting any crime at all. This is why jagaban, the frogeyed fraud, must not be the next Nigerian president giving his disdain for the youth. Don't be surprised that it might just be some low ranking officers in the station that are playing this prank on him, even their CSO might not be aware of what is happening. Impunity is just too much in this country because there is no accountability.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Calicoe: 1:09am On Mar 01, 2022
Well I know this is a case of two fraudsters meeting with each other. That is not my problem. My own is this. How and why did the car stand normal in one place, and turned up side down in the other place.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Action102(m): 1:22am On Mar 01, 2022
Nigeria, it is too young to be successful
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Elbeamer: 1:31am On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:
They should have called EFCC on him.. He should explain how He got the money. If He is clean should be set free but if found wanting He should face the full wrath of the law
..... why are people attacking me for saying He should be interrogated for his wealth.
My teacher in secondary school always say " a thief runeth when no man pursueth".
I am not scared of the EFCC because I can account for the little I have and when it gets bigger I will still be able to account for it.
Mr poor minded every body must not be poor, police should arrest Regina Daniels sister(18yrs) for owning a car.
Sapa minded

2 Likes

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Elbeamer: 1:36am On Mar 01, 2022
elganzar:

You're poor

Not just in respect to finance, also but not limited to intellectual and moral standard
e pain you?
This means ur villagers no get rich young boys�
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by juman(m): 1:59am On Mar 01, 2022
When I was young some market women in their late twenties and early thirties could buy brand new peugot 505 from PAN.
Traders that bought brand new cars o.

Nigeria turned to hell fire.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Seaseason07: 2:10am On Mar 01, 2022
EBMedia:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaSN5gErfjp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
He should be handed to EFCC that's not their job to enquiry about his wealth.

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Yankee101: 2:18am On Mar 01, 2022
mastermaestro:

How difficult is it to prove this before the law? He was only asked to provide evidence of legitimate employment and lawful earnings. Instead he ran to social media to cry foul. Let’s mind who and what we support.

I am here trying to picture what the next generation looks like. Unimaginable!

My statement is not in his support. The overreach of the police is wrong. And infact the police have no power to investigate your source of income without a court order. Even the EFCC that was created by law to do such things will still go to court after inviting a suspect. So stop making the excesses of the police normal
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by NessFortunate: 2:21am On Mar 01, 2022
EBMedia:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaSN5gErfjp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
nice one, the police are combating crimes spuarely, you know our major problem now in NIGERIA Is that every one now own a car, instead of owning a GUN. Morever the common man is expected to own nothing. Cars are for the elites now. Mediocres.
#smfh
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by ogastone(m): 2:47am On Mar 01, 2022
Ebonyians have hustling strength from childhood. They started so young to fight for survival, they hawk in the streets, from there you will see many of them rising at early stage to own big businesses. I don't see any reason why those young ebonyians can be questioned on this
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Buje1987(m): 2:54am On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:
They should have called EFCC on him.. He should explain how He got the money. If He is clean should be set free but if found wanting He should face the full wrath of the law
..... why are people attacking me for saying He should be interrogated for his wealth.
My teacher in secondary school always say " a thief runeth when no man pursueth".
I am not scared of the EFCC because I can account for the little I have and when it gets bigger I will still be able to account for it.

You are the most foolish and stupid person I ever came across in my life because you will eventually die untimely death. How can you say something of such. So no young person must have money again. Even in advanced countries scan is real and people do many other legitimate jobs which fetched them huge no both in Nigeria and online also. So if they investigate him and he’s real they should hang u to death or you should die or you will be happy he’s going to jail and I’m � sure ur mom or dad or relatives are into politics or civil servants who still money or you want to say ur parents are clean also. My brother u re worst more than enemy. I can personally kill you if I set my eyes � on you. Can I have ur digits?
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by opribo(m): 2:57am On Mar 01, 2022
Simple, explain your means of livelihood to them. That's a smart move by the police they did what our parents ought to do.

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Buje1987(m): 3:02am On Mar 01, 2022
Yankee101:
Young IT boys are cashing out in Nigeria
They get remote jobs from abroad
Not everyone is a yahoo boy

God bless you brother. I’m one of them and I see low life guys or civil servants who make less than 100k a month jealous of younger people making it big.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Buje1987(m): 3:05am On Mar 01, 2022
Fadafada231:

What's big in that car? Hyundai of 2.5 to 4m is big to u, ask some of young boys near u how much they are making online legitimately. Those police men sha, that means if they see a young boy driving 2015 to 2018 rx 350 na to send the person to prison.

Bro Some people are just enemy of progress
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by lequama10: 3:26am On Mar 01, 2022
Fadafada231:

What's big in that car? Hyundai of 2.5 to 4m is big to u, ask some of young boys near u how much they are making online legitimately. Those police men sha, that means if they see a young boy driving 2015 to 2018 rx 350 na to send the person to prison.
legitimate biz my ass, can you please mention the legitimate online biz that can make you millions in month aside IT, IT guys who makes real money don't have time for all this Yeye lifestyle abeg and we never scared of popo.

2 Likes

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Acidosis(m): 3:48am On Mar 01, 2022
The police has the right to question anybody, and detain whoever that fails to cooperate.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Thorondor: 3:58am On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:

E go reach u soon

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Thorondor: 4:05am On Mar 01, 2022
mastermaestro:

Most of them think the nonsense that goes on here is tolerated abroad. Living big without any visible legitimate economic means will certainly raise the eyebrow of law enforcement.

In developed countries, a car dealer can tip off law enforcement when you appear suspicious and fill in implausible work information on sales documents.

Here if you ask questions, criminally-minded miscreants would charge at you for being too probing. Very sick set!

I live abroad. I drive an E400 convertible and a GLC300D both 2021. I work from home and no one dares harass me for no reason regarding what I do for a living, not even the receiver of revenue has the right to harass u about that.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by maticar: 4:33am On Mar 01, 2022
Mooh247:
This can happen any where in the world

You simply provide proof of income with your tax certificate and statement of account
See how you people reason like fowl

What if it's inherited money or father's car, or brother sent the car from abroad

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by maticar: 4:35am On Mar 01, 2022
Hisbah21:
the country is hard,they are just looking for a way to cash out
Stop reasoning like a 2 yr old pls
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Prince001(m): 4:37am On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:

We all understand ur wrath but Pls can u ask them to start from your politicians using citizen money to enriched their own pocket? We appreciate your time and consideration!!!!!!
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by adeoba2008(m): 4:46am On Mar 01, 2022
He should.explain his source of wealth to them. All this sympathy vote.is not needed.

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by drololaaof: 4:59am On Mar 01, 2022
[quote author=silverlinen post=110639294]I just dey see comments above me, wey some people say make the guy just yarn them how him take dey make him money.
Where's it in the constitution that states that a guy can not own a car?
As far as he don pass 18 years, he's free to own a car?
Nigerian security agencies just dey find way to take make money, make them better start to dey bomb clients so that them them no go dey jealous young dudes wey dey make money.[/quote
Sorryoh ,so if an 18year old own a car ,we should not query the source of income except he inherited properties including cash] you are the type that your child is I to Yahoo yahoo you will be praying for his protection
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by Buharidgeneral: 5:13am On Mar 01, 2022
The accident look weird just like grand prix
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by FireUpNow(m): 5:16am On Mar 01, 2022
Can the police tell us how old is he that they claimed he was too young to own a car? Did the police ever questioned him about his source of wealth because every young man that is balling according to the police is a Yahoo boy? Did the police ever tried to know his family background? I want satisfying answers to these questions before I say what's on my mind. Abba Kyari comes to mind.
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by HRMK: 5:34am On Mar 01, 2022
what we want to hear from him is his source of income!
Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:35am On Mar 01, 2022
This de right thing to do.
Its good he simply explain.

I ve also being asked occasionally even as my car no near this one. Simply identify yourself.

U can't say u are a student or pety trader and own dat

2 Likes

Re: Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:38am On Mar 01, 2022
maticar:

What if it's inherited money or father's car, or brother sent the car from abroad

Then he shud explain with proof.

He air his opinion and u are intimidating him.

If its family, he should proof it. Very simple.

This shud be done on everybody driving a very expensive car without source of income

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Lady Weeps After Her Exclusion (Video) / The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing / Coldest States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.