Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development (14565 Views)

Learning Backend Web Development / Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand / Object-oriented Programming In Python(A more simplified and thorough guide). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
benalvino3:

Python is a slower language than php so yes, that's correct

OK. This conversation is regressing into a fisticuff of PHP v Python and I'm not going to be sucked into that.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Golan007: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Please stop making careless sweeping statements line this! Jeeeez!

And you statement that PHP allows user update and delete data from server is very infantile to say the least.

Have you heard of Odoo? ERPNEXT?

ERPNEXT uses python utilising the Frappe framework.

Some of these guys just write whatever thoughts come to their heads.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Mrviktor(m): 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Holymann:
I just resumed my python lessons after some time out, just want to know if python is a good language for backed web development or am I better of learning PHP or NodeJS instead?

Learn django.

Less code.

Same result.

No cap

2 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Think9ja(m): 4:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
FAIRALL:
Search for 'Leon Noel' on YouTube.
He streamed a 30 week software engineering bootcamp on his channel. Join him on discord too to get all the materials and assignments.

Alright
Thanks
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
Golan007:

ERPNEXT uses python utilising the Frappe framework.

Some of these guys just write whatever thoughts come to their heads.

There is a reason one will use one thing over the other.

No one is better, just what gets the job done.

Me personally, I wont touch php, you cannot use it alone to make robust applications. I prefer ASP.NET framework.

5 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by similoluwa921: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
MrLondonder:

Bro snake in the monkey shadows s one of the best kunfu fim ever sir......Dont waste time learning pyton style sir...learn karate or kinfu sir!!(real talk) angry

grin
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by avalon7(m): 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Are people really comparing python to PHP? undecided undecided
Php is a dying language. Python can do everything php can do and much more.

3 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Alusiizizi(m): 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Holymann:
I just resumed my python lessons after some time out, just want to know if python is a good language for backed web development or am I better of learning PHP or NodeJS instead?

Yes. Python and PHP for back-end web development. JS is mostly used for front-end.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
chiedozie198100:

U are seriously typing this on a forum that runs largely on python?

Are you serious?

Where are you guys getting the notion that NL is built on Python? NL was launched in 2005 using SMF, built with PHP
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by DEADALIVE: 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
My advice for you is simply study all the fintech applications and real time application that involves transaction of money.
Front end and back end, check and compare their syntax and scripts language , complexity, down time to solving the solution it was created for! and master codes/script functionality.
Any platform will work depend on how fast and knowledgeable you are at a particular project.
Except your client specify the platform he or she wants then you can as well contract the job to professional in that other aspect.
The koko be say do wetin go put food for your table no go learn wetin go de usless for u for 2023.

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
avalon7:
Are people really comparing python to PHP? undecided undecided
Php is a dying language. Python can do everything php can do and much more.

WordPress and it's widespread use and ease of deployment on cPanel will keep PHP alive for some time. Yes PHP maybe dying but it's death won't be so quick. Not while WP is still the behemoth of CMS

2 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Iretii0511(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Yes. Python and PHP for back-end web development. JS is mostly used for front-end.

Node.js says hi!

Modified:

@OP, language honestly does not matter. You can start with any language of your choice. When you start working, your challenges determine what tools you will end up using.

I am a JS person for example, when the need arises I picked up Java in a week binging through Tim Buchalka’s 80 + hours course and Amigoscode Springboot course and wrote a production code in springboot learning more as I faced roadblocks.

Truth is, programming languages are pretty similar and knowing what you want to do is most important cause it's easier to find how to do it when you know what you want to do. So pick any language of your choice and start with it.

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Where are you guys getting the notion that NL is built on Python? NL was launched in 2005 using SMF, built with PHP

Facebook is built with php but that's one aspect of it, the basic aspect of Facebook. Java and other languages are in play in Facebook.

I think or if you ask me, I would say NL runs on php but I don't know much about how python is involved.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by teepain: 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

can python communicate well with html as php does?

Python communicates very well with html. You can embed python in Html templates just the same way you can embed php in Html.

I guess, people are just limited by their insufficient knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Iretii0511:

Node.js says hi!

Node js is not js.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
teepain:

Python communicates very well with html. You can embed python in Html templates just the same way you can embed php in Html.

I guess, people are just limited by their insufficient knowledge.

Python is the best in this case when JavaScript is not factored in.

If any language can do it better I like to learn.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Iretii0511(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
benalvino3:

Node js is not js.

Erm... Is it Java?
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Alhajiemeritus: 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2022
Python hàs different frameworks and libraries that can bẹ integrated into almost anything.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by fineboynl(m): 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Are you 100% sure about this? Or are you making an assumption?

I swear I'm not one to denigrate any programming language because I'm an advocate of technique over language. But you PHP boys really need to up your ante cuz.

Nairaland is a customised version of SMF, Simple Machines Forum. SMF was built using Python I guess.
no nairaland is no longer on SMF. Its now home build python. SMF was php.

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Frontend: 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nodejs express is the best
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by CSTRR: 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Think9ja:
Who can mentor me in this programming adventure?
While it is so easy for others to just go on Youtube and become experts, same cannot be said of me.
I visit youtube almost on a daily basis but i just don't get it.

Where can i use the h1 in my page? Examples of h1 tag in some websites
How can i layout my page the way I want it? Like, how do i make some things to appear on any position i want whether left or right? What goes where?

Most of the videos i see just explain a concept, give an example on VS Code, check it on chrome and that's all. When next they want to explain another concept, they'll erase the earlier one and explain the new one and so on.
Can someone pls direct me to a tutorial where a website was built from scratch to finish?

i really need to learn how to code.
I would have gone to a coding bootcamp but i don't have the means.

Someone should pls, volunteer and help me acquire this LIFE changing skill

Thanks
I don't think there is any fixed place where h1 or any of the other h family is used.
Though h1 is mostly used for titles or the main headings.

The important thing is knowing that they are of different sizes and using them appropriately to show different levels of emphasis.

There are many videos on YouTube where websites are built from beginning to the end.
Just search for it.

Find anyone that was built on HTML and CSS only as a beginner.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 5:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:

Proof please
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by CSTRR: 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:
Nairaland is on python. Just see how backwards it it. Just imagine if it's on php laravel
But nairaland is fast.

The poor user interface has little to do with python.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by chiedozie198100: 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol. Very funny guy.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Iretii0511:

Erm... Is it Java?

It is not Java
It is not JavaScript.

JavaScript is not Java.

Node is a runtime Environment that lets you run Js on a server.

JavaScript is a scripting language, node.js is a runtime environment not a scripting language.

Node.js does not have the abilities to add html tags(access to DOMS). With this I can say they are not the same thing.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Yankee101: 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Python will give you more job opportunities not less

You can do almost everything they'll do with node.js and php....then.... some extra they can't touch....Data Science, AI, ML, Cloud, DevOps etc

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 5:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
CSTRR:

But nairaland is fast.

The poor user interface has little to do with python.

Where did you do your test ?
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Alusiizizi(m): 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Iretii0511:

Node.js says hi!

Modified:

@OP, language honestly does not matter. You can start with any language of your choice. When you start working, your challenges determine what tools you will end up using.

I am a JS person for example, when the need arises I picked up Java in a week binging through Tim Buchalka’s 80 + hours course and Amigoscode Springboot course and wrote a production code in springboot learning more as I faced roadblocks.

Truth is, programming languages are pretty similar and knowing what you want to do is most important cause it's easier to find how to do it when you know what you want to do. So pick any language of your choice and start with it.

The JS DOM was created specifically to enhance and make easier front-end web development.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by CSTRR: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
benalvino3:

Where did you do your test ?
To be fair, I did not do any special testing.

But it is not slower than most websites I visit na.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:

Most times the extension from the browser or dev tools shows its on php
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by CSTRR: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
Python is the language of the future.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
CSTRR:

To be fair, I did not do any special testing.

But it is not slower than most websites I visit na.

Its hard for you to notice on a basic site like NL. When you start to make a more sophisticated application, thats when you will start to cry.

Nairaland is mostly CRUD application

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Web Design, Web Development And Mobile App Development Tutorial / I Need Advice On How I Can Create A Social Media / Simple, Rich & Fast Approach To Learning Javascript. Whatsapp Group Inclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.