Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development (14536 Views)

Learning Backend Web Development / Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand / Object-oriented Programming In Python(A more simplified and thorough guide). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Greenmentors: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Not bad
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by cocoduck: 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Yup! And so is php
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by fineboynl(m): 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nairaland is on python. Just see how backwards it it. Just imagine if it's on php laravel
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by ABCthingx: 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
xeratek:
Go and learn PHP fast

thanks man..
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by dontro(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
Yes, Python is good for backend.

If you're a beginner and want to learn web development but not sure where to start, I suggest you start with JavaScript

HTML, CSS, JavaScript

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Newboss(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
That's what I use for my backend

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Horlufemi(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Yes but in Nigeria... PHP is in high demand

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Newboss(m): 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:
Nairaland is on python. Just see how backwards it it. Just imagine if it's on php laravel

Backend is not frontend.

9 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by bluefilm: 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
Holymann:
I just resumed my python lessons after some time out, just want to know if python is a good language for backed web development or am I better of learning PHP or NodeJS instead?

Wait lemme hask lalasticlala fess.

He is an hexpert in anything that as to do with Pythons

I'll get back to you soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by damiloladuke: 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
OK
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by chiedozie198100: 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

oga, python can't create a functional forum website,

php does that perfectly.
php allows user update and delete data from server.

U are seriously typing this on a forum that runs largely on python?

Are you serious?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Newboss(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

php does that perfectly.

You're sure you understand how backend and frontends communicate?

Anyone who understands it won't type what you just typed. It's so basic.

You need to thoroughly understand how front ends communicate with backend at a conceptual level. Once you understand that, you'll be able to write backends in most languages you can think of.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by promisedeco(m): 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2022
I've been in the programming field for some time. So here is my submission:

1. Python is a great language and of course a multipurpose language. Where as PHP is basically created for web. DO YOU GET THE POINT...

2. Python is obviously faster than PHP however, PHP seems to have bridged that gap with their PHP 7 and above

3. PHP has a wider community than Python ( web in mind)

4. There are more PHP jobs - lemme not exaggerate, in Nigeria than python

I can't say much about node.js cos I'm not a JS fan (sad).

Personally, I should be moving to GOLANG soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Angelfrost(m): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
spartan117:

The demand for PHP and Node JS is far higher than that of Python (backend dev) especially in Nigeria.

With this information you choose the one you want to learn.

I suppose don learn these things long ago... Work, hustle, and books no let me sit down master coding.

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by FAIRALL(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Search for 'Leon Noel' on YouTube.
He streamed a 30 week software engineering bootcamp on his channel. Join him on discord too to get all the materials and assignments.

Think9ja:
Who can mentor me in this programming adventure?
While it is so easy for others to just go on Youtube and become experts, same cannot be said of me.
I visit youtube almost on a daily basis but i just don't get it.

Where can i use the h1 in my page? Examples of h1 tag in some websites
How can i layout my page the way I want it? Like, how do i make some things to appear on any position i want whether left or right? What goes where?

Most of the videos i see just explain a concept, give an example on VS Code, check it on chrome and that's all. When next they want to explain another concept, they'll erase the earlier one and explain the new one and so on.
Can someone pls direct me to a tutorial where a website was built from scratch to finish?

i really need to learn how to code.
I would have gone to a coding bootcamp but i don't have the means.

Someone should pls, volunteer and help me acquire this LIFE changing skill

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by emsco91(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Think9ja:
Who can mentor me in this programming adventure?
While it is so easy for others to just go on Youtube and become experts, same cannot be said of me.
I visit youtube almost on a daily basis but i just don't get it.

Where can i use the h1 in my page? Examples of h1 tag in some websites
How can i layout my page the way I want it? Like, how do i make some things to appear on any position i want whether left or right? What goes where?

Most of the videos i see just explain a concept, give an example on VS Code, check it on chrome and that's all. When next they want to explain another concept, they'll erase the earlier one and explain the new one and so on.
Can someone pls direct me to a tutorial where a website was built from scratch to finish?

i really need to learn how to code.
I would have gone to a coding bootcamp but i don't have the means.

Someone should pls, volunteer and help me acquire this LIFE changing skill

Thanks
TRY W3SCHOOLSDOTCOM THANK ME LATER AND IT FREE.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by wisdomIspeace(m): 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
I have been using Django framework for man than 5 years now, Django works perfectly for web, I mean perfectly.
Django has a robust templating engine, awesome ORM and uses the MVT architecture which makes you write safe and secure code.
You don't have to worry about writing complex queries, as the ORM does the heavy lifting for you.
I have used both Laravel and Django and i can tell you Django ORM is a lot smoother and versatile than Laravel Eloquent.
Django also have a powerful library that lets build restful api for your frontend applications like mobile apps. Because it has existed for a long time, alot of repetition has been abstracted away eg the class based view , Viewset on drf etc, so you write smaller and cleaner code for problem that tends to repeat itsef(which happens alot in programing)
Learning python easily open you for other opportunities like data science, machine learning etc compared to PHP which is only used for the web.
The only limitation of Django in the web is the support for websockets , but django channels is here to solve that anyways(Which i have used).
All in all you cant go wrong by using python for the web.
And if at all you don't want to choose python please don't go for php, it is a dieing language , go for something like node js, goland, java etc those are here to stay

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

php does that perfectly.

Sounding like a novice grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by SmithRussell(m): 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol....my first computer was in 1994. So yes I'm a newbie. I mentioned Odoo to you did you look it up? It was first developed in 2005 as Tinyerp before it evolved to openERP then into its current name Odoo. Built rock solid on Python. So what we're you saying again about being a noob?
‘94? Wehdone sir. smiley
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by wisdomIspeace(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
You should pple that use wordpress when they talk. The dont understand anything
airsaylongcome:

Lol! From making a silly statement that Python cannot handle Forums you are now switching to the even more infantile statement that Python websites are slower? Really? Are you a real dev or you are just a PHP one-trick pony?

2 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Lawmak896: 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
I love the way you can earn point on the forum
bsalawu58: If you know any Ghanaian, show them this forum

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by daytona007: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Holymann:
I just resumed my python lessons after some time out, just want to know if python is a good language for backed web development or am I better of learning PHP or NodeJS instead?

If you have patience and Python is what rocks your boat, I will say go for it. Honestly, seeking people's opinion on what language to learn is just going to keep you in a rat race roller-coasting back to square one.

Just start with whatever you are comfortable learning, when you start working on real life project, that will dictate the language.

I started with PHP, learned Laravel framework to some extent and people talked about NodeJS, I stopped halfway and hopped on it. After a while I heard of django and hopped on the train. After almost two years or running round I found that I didn't really gain any usable knowledge. I then decided to fall back to PHP (Laravel). I put down three straight months and learned it building a school management system. Then I got my first offer. Truth be told, working on the company's project, I learnt 70-80% what I know on Laravel because I faced challenges which I struggled to solve and they stuck.

Currently, I use NextJS for my frontend and NestJS for my backend. I hopped on them as job demand. My point is, just start with what you are comfortable with. At a point, you will realize that what programming language you know is inconsequential. You can pick up any programming language you believe is best for the job in less than a week. What matters is your problem solving skill, a programming language is just a tool to implement your solution.

Cheer and Happy Coding!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:

I agree it is backward because the owners dont want to improve on it.

I can tell you that python and php are slow language.

If you want performance pho and python is not for you... But python is a beast of a language.

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! From making a silly statement that Python cannot handle Forums you are now switching to the even more infantile statement that Python websites are slower? Really? Are you a real dev or you are just a PHP one-trick pony?

Python is a slower language than php so yes, that's correct
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by phemmyfour: 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
Holymann:
Follow the road
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:

Are you 100% sure about this? Or are you making an assumption?

I swear I'm not one to denigrate any programming language because I'm an advocate of technique over language. But you PHP boys really need to up your ante cuz.

Nairaland is a customised version of SMF, Simple Machines Forum. SMF was built using Python I guess.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Web Design, Web Development And Mobile App Development Tutorial / I Need Advice On How I Can Create A Social Media / Simple, Rich & Fast Approach To Learning Javascript. Whatsapp Group Inclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.