Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? (1073 Views)

How Can Husband Be AA And Wife Is AS, And Baby Is SS? / Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by fineboynl(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
I think I'm already tired. There is no mosquito spray I don't have at home.

Basically my house is a no flying zone for years. The problem is just a single mosquito bite is malaria straight.

Every week I always treat malaria. Either from bites outside or my home. I can't relax outside With short because of fear mosquitoes.

I'm AA and O+. I have seen a lot of AA with similar malaria problem but it seems my extra ordinary. There are people living in mosquito infested zone still they didn't caught malaria compared to me that hardly see mosquito.

The problem now I have begining to show resistance to anti malaria drugs. The once that treat malaria effectively after continue use no longer work again. I don't know the malaria medicine to pick from again. As most of them are of similar content and end up not working again.

I need to hear from fellow AA.

2 Likes

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by illicit(m): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hi

I am fellow AA

Malaria has shown me shege

I avoid mosquito bite like dem swear for me

2 Likes

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
Its AA and 0+ who experience malaria a lot. But when u get to your 30s a.nd above, it comes once in at least 3 yes, and for at most two and half days. Am AA and B+ am in my late 30s . .... 36. the total number of days I have fallen sick since I was 29 yrs isn't even up to seven days. Once in 2012 and once in 2018 both lasted three days each. In fact i no send mosquitoes again, apart from the buzzing sound they make. Are you up to 30 yrs old. Use odomos repellent.mosquito no go fit near you

1 Like

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Tickles001(m): 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
I'm surprised to hear this. I'm AA and O+ but I hardly get sick. I can go for close to 2yrs before I get malaria. When I was younger, mosquito always show me shege, but I seldom get down with malaria then.

5 Likes

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by FBIBOT(m): 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2022
It comes once in a while but once you get it.. It's always serious...
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Ahmed0336(m): 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
undecided

AA, AB+ never been hospitalized. But my kids? All AA,AB+ I don visit hospital tire for their matter angry
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by federal9: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
I am AA and O+

I have never fallen sick since I was 7 years old. I am between 25 to 30 years.

1 Like

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Aboks(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
Am AA O+ i treat malaria once in two months, some times three months.

But i avoid mosquito bite like disease

Always use net at night
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Annwrites: 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
Not treated malaria in over 1 year and still counting.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by RisenJoe(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
I am AA and O+ and I used to battle malaria a lot last year until I started excercising and drinking lots of water,

Inculcate the spirit of exercise , even if it means riding bicycle for 30mins daily and drink lots of water after then, I think it will help

1 Like

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by fineboynl(m): 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Those of you not falling sick is because you are not exposes.

When I was in my home states I don't sick malara.

But since I move to Enugu. It's from one malaria to another. There are too many mosquito in Enugu unlike my home state.

As far as you are AA. It only depends on your exposures and the type of mosquitoes in that area.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Sariel(m): 5:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
There are 2 different types of AA.

1) Aa Carrier. They get sick with malaria alot

2) AA Dominant. They hardly fall sick with malaria.

So I believe you are AA Carrier

2 Likes

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by ahnie: 6:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
Present grin.
The fear of mosquito keeps me in check.....
I always use mosquito net.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Mosquitoes dealt with me for more than 3 decades.

My treatment for malaria is intravenous.

I just got the malaria vaccine last year from national hospital Abuja.

It has a half-life of 3 years.

I've been malaria free since then.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Jeon(f): 7:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
malaria is my regular costumer AA O+ AND MY BODY IS ALWAYS HOT cry

1 Like

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Beremx(f): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
I am AS and O+. There’s no month I don’t treat malaria. I am currently treating the one that came in February. I don tire for malaria wahala
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Sijo01(f): 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
I have a sister who's AA 0+ she used to get sick regularly until she started drinking raw ginger and garlic tea first thing in the morning and last thing at night. She's been maleria free for close to 3years now.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by ahnie: 7:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Beremx:
I am AS and O+. There’s no month I don’t treat malaria. I am currently treating the one that came in February. I don tire for malaria wahala
Why not consistently fleet your apartment and sleep under mosquito net!
Get well soon love.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by oazeez1991(m): 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
I'm AA, O+ too. I treat malaria once or twice a year. It has become a yearly routine for me that I now anticipate it..lol!

1 Like

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Beremx(f): 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
ahnie:

Why not consistently fleet your apartment and sleep under mosquito net!
Get well soon love.
I fleet my apartment twice a day despite the high cost of insecticide.
I can’t sleep under a mosquito net because of heat. My sister ii is well o!

How are you doing? My regards to your kids and oga.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Beremx(f): 8:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
Meanwhile, I shock mosquito yesterday � I open door all of them rush enter inside ���bam I close door sleep outside �� they no wise ni

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by fineboynl(m): 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
RoyalBoutique:
Mosquitoes dealt with me for more than 3 decades.

My treatment for malaria is intravenous.

I just got the malaria vaccine last year from national hospital Abuja.

It has a half-life of 3 years.

I've been malaria free since then.
really. How do I get this vaccine?
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by janda1: 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
fineboynl:

Basically my house is a no flying zone for years. The problem is just a single mosquito bite is malaria straight.

Every week I always treat malaria. Either from bites outside or my home. I can't relax outside With short because of fear mosquitoes.

Take injection

I'm AA and O+. I have seen a lot of AA with similar malaria problem but it seems my extra ordinary. There are people living in mosquito infested zone still they didn't caught malaria compared to me that hardly see mosquito.

The problem now I have begining to show resistance to anti malaria drugs. The once that treat malaria effectively after continue use no longer work again. I don't know the malaria medicine to pick from again. As most of them are of similar content and end up not working again.

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:02am On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:
really. How do I get this vaccine?

National hospital Abuja
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by frozen70(f): 9:40am On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:

I am a victim of such and I ha e accepted it by staying away from mosquitoes

That's the only way out for people with such blood group
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Winneygirl(f): 9:59am On Mar 03, 2022
Your diet matters.
Add fruits. Especially oranges. Take a few daily, and your life will change.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by maclatunji: 11:38am On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:

Get agbo Iba that you will be drinking. Do more to get rid of mosquitoes by buying an electric rechargeable bat to kill them at sight. Use it in dark areas of your room.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Mindlog: 12:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
I used electric mosquito killer, just plugged it in and also did regularly drink natural unsweetened cocoa powder...the combination helped back then.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by alphaNomega: 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Please malaria has nothing to do with your genotype
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by Missionaire: 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Tickles001:
I'm surprised to hear this. I'm AA and O+ but I hardly get sick. I can go for close to 2yrs before I get malaria. When I was younger, mosquito always show me shege, but I seldom get down with malaria then.

Me too. I'm surprised.
Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by samtol4(m): 5:45am On Mar 06, 2022
Treating malaria every week is not the best for your body. Eat healthy food- fruits, vegetables and water to boost your immune system. Too much of antibiotics weaken the system. Go for test sometimes what we call malaria maybe symptoms of typhoid fever. In short change your eating patterns and drink more water plus exercise. One apple a day will go a long wait to help you. A weak immune system is prone to malaria. Unfortunately ,many Nigerians especially ladies prefer ice cream to apples , they prefer shawarma to vegetables. Take one or two glasses of water first thing in the morning is medicinal. Many Nigerians spent more on designers and make up at the expense of healthy food.

1 Like

Re: AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? by saintneo(m): 6:26am On Mar 06, 2022
fineboynl:

AA B+ here. I rarely have malaria. My longest period without malaria was about 8 years.

@OP just ensure you have nets on your windows, do not open doors and windows from 5pm till 7am; however, if must, kindly be quick like the flash. Ensure there is no Waterlogged places near you. Educate you folks to follow these rules.

Try cooking dogoyaro leaves for drinking and breathing exercises, I did this during my NYSC days in Sokoto and I never had malaria or malaria drugs for the whole year.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Picture Says A Lot…God Bless Our Mothers / How Do I Solve This Leaking Roof? / Cricket In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.