Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband (56090 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
Druggey:

Ease back stupid Biitch. u were a fvckin hoe and gold digger and that was u couldn't know that ur husband was a gambler. he just picked u from the street and fvcked the hell outta ur pvssy. Deal with it Biitch. cool
From the same stupid fool responding to post that you have no knowledge about. What does that make you? A complete busy body.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
harmargedon:
and you didn't know all this before ordering Asoebi and calling large crowds and taking pictures. Madam go and fix your home, that's why you're married. Don't run away with your tail stuck in between your legs.
Some of you are earger to comment without reading. Why?

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Mayor36: 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
Amen
HarunaWest:
The man when do you this thing,e no go better for am. See bitterness all over your post. Wetin man do you?
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by AlphaBeta130: 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
King3urna:

It happens this post is indirectly talking for real I’m seriously addicted to something very expensive I have a pregnant girl who needs every day but I will chose it then regret after buying am my girl is worried and scared though she could not tell me to face but her body language says it all and not happy with my self I cos I made so many promise before she agreed to carry the child now I’m not living up to any of them I need some hash advice oh
Are you addicted to gambling too.
Read easy way to quit gambling by allen carr.
Finish the book in one day for better impact on yoir life

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nicepoker(m): 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Mercychen:

Take over her husband from where? As how?
Do I even know the OP in person?
How is that even going to be possible?

Can you hear how dumb you sound?

Receive sense.
Telling her to leave him without any notice. Madam is that an advice from a sound person? How about option for counselling. You are not married. Stay away from martial issues.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Raysleek: 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I recently discovered my husband has an addiction and I can't stay married to him.
As soon as money enters his hand, he starts funding some online app and start gambling.
We got married last year Nov.
We have needs and plans we agreed to achieve before the end of March. Which a better accommodation is one of our first goal. Our present accommodation is not ok at all.
On my own part, I'm saving to meet up with our Target, but I discovered, he has nothing. He collected contributions last month, over 200k. All that money wasted. He can't account for it.
January salary has entered, he has started wasting it again.

I'm expecting him to provide 300k at the end of this month. So, that when I sum it with mine, we can have over 600k. Get a decent accommodation and invest the rest.
We need to plan, save for our baby, but his attitude with money is not encouraging me.
The truth is, my husband is stressing me for lack of accountability.

Pls, how do I go about a peaceful divorce? I'm confused, because I'm pregnant.

All the things I'm seeing him do, suffocate me.
What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
600k is too much to pay for accommodation considering your financial status. Why not move to an area with cheaper rent. You can get really big houses with cheaper rent for half the price.
Sit down and talk to your husband also. He shouldn't be deceived that gambling can make him rich

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by AlphaBeta130: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
If u need the book easy way to quit gambling by allen carr, message me on WhatsApp let me send u the pdf. 0. 9.0 . 7 .7. 6.5.7. 5.9. 6
The book is powerful. Message me if u really want to quit

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by ejieddy: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
Talking about divorce this early is a bad sign. Newly Weds are actually very fund of it. Every small thing, divorce. I've gone through that phase too. Notwithstanding, you have a valid concern. Finance is a big issue in marriage and accountability is vital. You need to talk to him about it first and see how he reacts to it. I don't know if you have tried to.

If he truly has this addiction, then he will need professional help. He has to be willing to submit himself and finance to someone and there's no better person than you. You guys need to come up with a system that works for you both. I hope you are accountable to him too. The finance of the house can't be a 'my own money's thing but what God has blessed the house with.

I was so possessive of my own finance and my wife had this same issue with me. We had to come up with a plan for us that works and she's in charge of sending funds while I say where and when and how funds should be dispatched, but we make plans and budgets together. I hope this helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Druggey(m): 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
From the same stupid fool responding to post that you have no knowledge about. What does that make you? A complete busy body.
Shame on you Biitch, u were too blind to see that he was a gambler when he was buying you gifts and fuckin u. Now that things are a lil bit difficult for him, u want to use gambling as an excuse to dump him. Shameless stupid gold digging Biitch. cool
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by mywells: 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
Divorce him in pieces not in peace,addict of gambling is more gravious than addict to drugs,it will leave you emotional trauma thinking about the money you've bet with and start counting bet slip up and down gradually the person start picking papers, madness has arrived just like that.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Germi9: 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
The prayer you made is very important. No serious minded woman deserve a person like you. Birds of the same feathers.
You can never marry a woman like me with the way you reason.
You make me laugh, i am happily married nor like you whom will bring your predicament to NL for pity, look at you, its a shame cos you are a result of haste and desperation, you never loved the Man hence you have no iota of selflessness to help him in his bad habits you don’t seem to recognize that he needs help rather than backbiting and gossiping him on social media , as if you are the saint,(i hate pretenders) my friend go and help your Man and stop being a snitch and acting like a saint you are not, frustration make men venture into different bad things and i am sure you are one of his frustrations ,instead of you to go on your kneels and pray for your man your are here babbling BS
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by RedPilChurchBoy: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Smh to how you overlooked this redflag and agreed to marry him.

You guys should go see a counselor.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Putindbutt:

All because of gambling. Someone like you would stab your husband to death when he gambles.
she is tired se.

Gambling is a very serious addiction.

I wish she could apply for annulment

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by capnies: 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Mercychen:
That is why they are always looking for a working class lady who can bring to the table so they can continue gambling and spending their own money recklessly. You better dump his ass.

You don't need to go through all that stress of divorcing him because that will drain you mentally and physically except you plan to remarry which is not advisable as most of them are the same. So, just secretly get a place for yourself and unborn child and leave him without warning, before you lose your sanity.

When he's ready to leave the singlehood lifestyle and become a responsible husband, he can come for his family. Otherwise, forget about him. Life is too sweet to let one person keep you in sorrow all the days of your life.

Marriage is overhypped, especially in this generation of overgrown babies in men's skin.

Modified.

I'm ashamed of all the men attacking me for saying the truth. Anyways I'm not surprised. The truth is always bitter and a hard pill to swallow.

You want her to stay with a grown up man who lacks common sense to do the right thing just so she can answer married. What the heck do you men think you are?

I blame the women that hold some of you in high esteem; making you feel like something when in fact all that is left of the male folk is nothing but a bunch of lazy leeches.

My joy is that, there are still a few, and i mean, very few men who have sense.

ITS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN HURT SEVERALLY BY MEN. YOU SOUND BITTER, BUT I CAN TELL YOU ITS YOUR CHOICE, THE TYPE OF SPEC I MEAN PHYSICAL SPEC YOU WANT, THAT HAS BEEN THE UNDOING OF MOST LADIES, A MOVIE GUY, TALL, HAIRY, DRIVES 4FORMATIC, LIVES IN LEKKI, ETC. ARE THOSE SPECS VIRTUE? ASK AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN LADY THE SPEC OF THE MAN THEY WANT TO MARY MONEY COMES FIRST. ONLY A FEW CONSIDER PEACE OF MIND AS THE NUMBER ONE THING IN A UNION.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by kapelvej: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I recently discovered my husband has an addiction and I can't stay married to him.
As soon as money enters his hand, he starts funding some online app and start gambling.
We have needs and plans we agreed to achieve before the end of March. Which a better accommodation is one of our first goal. Our present accommodation is not ok at all.
On my own part, I'm saving to meet up with our Target, but I discovered, he has nothing. He collected contributions last month, over 200k. All that money wasted. He can't account for it.

I'm expecting him to provide 300k at the end of this month. So, that when I sum it with mine, we can have over 600k. Get a decent accommodation and invest the rest.
We need to plan, save for our baby, but his attitude with money is not encouraging me.

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
I think you are fed up for other reasons. What kind of woman does that ! only 4 months and just one incidence, and your only thought is divorve ? abeg

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
capnies:

ITS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN HURT SEVERALLY BY MEN. YOU SOUND BITTER, BUT I CAN TELL YOU ITS YOUR CHOICE, THE TYPE OF SPEC I MEAN PHYSICAL SPEC YOU WANT, THAT HAS BEEN THE UNDOING OF MOST LADIES, A MOVIE GUY, TALL, HAIRY, DRIVES 4FORMATIC, LIVES IN LEKKI, ETC. ARE THOSE SPECS VIRTUE? ASK AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN LADY THE SPEC OF THE MAN THEY WANT TO MARY MONEY COMES FIRST. ONLY A FEW CONSIDER PEACE OF MIND AS THE NUMBER ONE THING IN A UNION.

Are those "high specs" not men or don't they deserve to be considered as well? As if the less attractive ones are any better.

Both the handsomely rich and average men are the same. So better to go for your spec than settle for less and still suffer the same headache.

For your info, I've never suffered in the hands of any man. If I smell nonsense from afar I call it quits and if he's the first to call it quits, I move. No time.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by bepositive11: 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
I agree with the others. Don't divorce him. Work with him to break the habit. Divorced or not, he will continue to be the father of your child. Let him seek rehab or something

loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by abdabass: 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
Good day my sister,
I can see that several contributors love you, your union & have offer the best advice.
- Don't divorce him.
- Talk & admonish him.
- You need to modify him.
What I want to add is "if"
1. If he's not yielding to your advise & admonition; then bring it to the notice of his parent, if you trust them. Do not trust anybody around you with your affairs.
2. If the current accommodation is a little bit comfortable, not too bad, mentain it, why you work on his wellbeing. Constant admonition, please. Do not make it a provocative talk.
3. If not comfortable that you will not want a delivery there, then get the accommodation on your own. That means your targeted date will have to change.
4. If you don't have the capacity to get the accommodation; then, move to your parents house, if they can accommodate you. By then he will notice that something is definitely wrong.
Above all, you need to back up your efforts with constant prayer.
Best regards.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Saig: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
This is not God's grounds for divorce. It is only death and marital infidelity thank can permit divorce.

Why don't you sit him down and talk to him or you've done that and he refused to listen. Then take him to another person he respects and keep praying for him. That is better than divordivorce. Everything is not divorce.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by harmargedon: 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
Some of you are earger to comment without reading. Why?
I read why, and I know for sure that people don't get addicted to stuff like the one you mentioned under four months. So what were you looking at while you guys were dating?
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by petite626: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
so you want to tell us you didnt know he gambles before you got married.............

abeg shift (in kirikus voice)

next story pls....................
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by iamlarry99: 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
You’re too young for marriage.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by HeyHey(f): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
You can only divorce after at least 2 years- 3years, No Court will divorce you after 5months, so long as you did statutory marriage in this Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Dskillful(m): 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Madam take it easy, why is divorce coming to your mind when you are even pregnant. What if he hit it big will you still consider divorcing him? You won't understand what men go through until you become a man, he may have the motive of doing that for the benefit of the family at heart. But sometimes it doesn't go as planned, so just talk with him and heay stop don't just conclude on your husband for things like this is not as if he's even cheating on you. Be calming down.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by BRATISLAVA: 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
aikyg:
How you didn't notice this while you were dating is a big question. Divorcing him may not be an easy decision, since you have a baby coming. Since he doesn't physical abuse you, I'll suggest you both go for counseling

If she asked to see his account while dating, it's still the same guys like you who would come out to say he should trash her, that she's a gold digger and an entitled leech.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Kamsichime(m): 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Trusting the unknown about your spouse is part of the vow you took on your wedding day, it behoves on you to sit your husband down and remind him that he is now a man and not boy politely. Gambling is greed!
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Aaay: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Then do
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by donchyke1975: 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
My dear have a dialogue with him by letting him realize, gambling is bad.Tjen take a bold step to monitor his salary.My dear marriage is for better for worst,I believe he was the best man in the world to you, before you accepted to marry him.Talk to him and he will change.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Double0h7(f): 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
This comments is for your mother, sisters, girlfriends. You sound like a Gambler as well. Do you have any idea of my post before dishing out this ru.bbish?

You don't need a divorce... what you need is a new plan because your original plan will not work with a man who has a gambling addiction. Do you have a close relationship with your family? It's time to let them know about your struggle.

I hope you understand this addiction because when he runs out of money he might expect you to "lend" him your money. Living with a gambler is a horrible life but because you are pregnant do you think you could survive the long game?

Hide your money, play it cool, ignore his money, don't stress yourself by fighting him because you could miscarriage, and just wait it out for a year?

You could save the 600k and then some in that time and when you're ready, you could just go and never look back. You really need to be smart and look for a solution instead of divorce. Who divorce or marriage help? You need a new plan for your life.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by ModestGal(f): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I hope you see and read my message. Please, divorce the idiot and assume he's a sperm donor, if you want to endure,be sure you will end up with depression and other mental health issues.its not worth it. And don't listen to the fools in this thread, they are usually against women and ready to bash women at any opportunity. Most of them are teens, frustrated and broke dumbies. Also, for the sake of your sanity,do not post for advice on this forum anymore,they will make you hate yourself with their bashing comments. Remember they are broke and frustrated

Try to join Facebook groups, avoid Nigerian fb groups,most Nigerian women are dumb, look for international groups,join and seek for advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by StrikeBack(m): 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I wish he could be opened like you. I would have gladly help him.
We always talked about this, he has promised severally to stop. When I mentioned it now, he would tell me not to take him back to his past, but he is still doing it. Even yesterday, he still Gambles.
Tell him to try to play straight win for
Sheffield United
1.5 for Acmilan
Man Utd win
Madrid 2.5
Chelsea win either half

You never can tell
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by TalkingBird: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Read these articles

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/happy-family/how-to-manage-money/

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g201406/how-to-control-spending/

loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

People Are Suffering. / Polyandry: Outcry Over South Africa’s Multiple Husbands Proposal / The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.