Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband (56003 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Rexymania(m): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
"I want to marry I want to marry, my mates are getting married". You got married now and you want to run away again, barely 4 months. Haba. Stay in that marriage...talk to your husband. Things might get better
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by sundayoluwatimi(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
My advice for you is simple: Don't listen to those who will tell you to leave your home when you don't know WHY they are giving you the advice.

It will look good to read but some people will give you suggestions from the pain they have in heart.

You don't have to listen to my advice too but I'll give you one.

Anybody can change so far they are not against a better life.

1. Put anger aside first.
2. Talk WITH (not TO) your husband. If he is open to listening, you have a heart to win.
3. Explain how his actions are counterproductive.
4. Work together to be INTIMATE. This is what will take away your maintaining of separate purse.
5. Have your family vision and goals written down. Having it in mind is not the best.
6. Seek the audience of a trained marriage counselor.
7. Male your marriage a project. Pray for it.

Don't listen to destructive social media counsellors.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
MartinsD12:

You didn't tell us what you do for a living or are you just an ordinary house wife ? Or ok I read you said you expect him to bring 300k so you sum it up with 600k for family upkeep and a decent accommodation, maybe man is trying to meet up with his responsibility maybe he needs more money and if you know your husband well you can tell him where to invest his money not on gambling, talk to him you didn't tell you us you have talked to him about these if possible invite a family member you know he respect to talk to him too but you seem to be distant from your husband it's a pity, go and do your work as a woman, marriage is not a bed of roses but you can make your home a safe heaven if you want to not looking for divorce so soon this shows you ain't prepared for marriage in the first place .
I don't own you explaination of what I do. If you read my post correctly, you would understand I didn't ask if I should divorce him or not. I only seek for how to go about the divorce.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Romanoff(f): 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
jeff1607:

I think so o, the thing such guys don’t chase much and most are introverts tho I have seen quite an extroverted few

If you say so.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Solofresh2: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I recently discovered my husband has an addiction and I can't stay married to him.
As soon as money enters his hand, he starts funding some online app and start gambling.
We got married last year Nov.
We have needs and plans we agreed to achieve before the end of March. Which a better accommodation is one of our first goal. Our present accommodation is not ok at all.
On my own part, I'm saving to meet up with our Target, but I discovered, he has nothing. He collected contributions last month, over 200k. All that money wasted. He can't account for it.
January salary has entered, he has started wasting it again.

I'm expecting him to provide 300k at the end of this month. So, that when I sum it with mine, we can have over 600k. Get a decent accommodation and invest the rest.
We need to plan, save for our baby, but his attitude with money is not encouraging me.
The truth is, my husband is stressing me for lack of accountability.

Pls, how do I go about a peaceful divorce? I'm confused, because I'm pregnant.

All the things I'm seeing him do, suffocate me.
What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
You should see this signs before marriage but you turned a blind eye to it.Moreover, you never loved your husband.Yes, you never did.You are just married for your own selfish interest.Instead of you to help him out with his problem, you want to divorce him?
And am sure you both told yourself "For better for worst" on your wedding day

One thing I want you to know is,no matter how far you run from him, you will regret it in the future.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by HardMirror(m): 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
Sad. Thanks.
is he willing to cooperate with you to stop the habit or at least so you manage funds on his behalf? Because that should be the first step to stem financial damage this habit could wreck

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Germi9: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
It is okay to try some bad habits as a Man , but dont do it to the extreme especially when it has to do with your finances . But wife wait oo .. you want to divorce your husband of 4months with a baby inside of you? Did you even love him in the 1st place? Or you were Lust? Oh now he is no longer attractive as he use to be huh? You are not even willing to try to change him but to call it quit peacefully hahaha

I pray i never meet a woman like you, because na me go mess you up ,where is your patience or you think marriage is all bed of Roses ? Abeg comot for road jare’
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
nomenclature:
You mean funding a new app (buying shares?cowrise invest?,piggyvest? .so you are worried he is not blowing the money but instead investing for the future ..
You are the enemy here ,you have to leave him alone so make his life better .
You are a mumu woman.
Gentlemen if you marry a bad woman,you are finished ,if you.marry a bad and woman with insatiable taste, then you are completely finished.
So, I don't know the differences between gambling site and all the online trading platform you mentioned? Such a useless comments.
Do you have an idea on agreement, planning and vision? I don't blame you. Arrogant birds of the same feathers

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by MartinsD12(m): 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I don't own you explaination of what I do. If you read my post correctly, you would understand I didn't ask if I should divorce him or not. I only seek for how to go about the divorce.
That was a Hasty decision
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by tmoneyu: 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
I feel u are having emotional issues coming with pregnancy, things are not always d way we planned but staying put and work it out is the best solution, discuss with him and know why the problem might be, at times I do play bet to sum things up with my expenses, at times I win, at times I loose but I play with the money I know is for my personal use, don't ever think of divorcing and people that is advising you on that are your problems, just work with him and be his friend for the sake of the unborn child, it's hot outside
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
HardMirror:
is he willing to cooperate with you to stop the habit or at least so you manage funds on his behalf? Because that should be the first step to stem financial damage this habit could wreck
I wish he could be opened like you. I would have gladly help him.
We always talked about this, he has promised severally to stop. When I mentioned it now, he would tell me not to take him back to his past, but he is still doing it. Even yesterday, he still Gambles.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Solofresh2: 12:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
kingthreat:
I don't pity women. There was a better guy toasting you and you rejected. You chose your present husband with clear eye. Now you are bringing your issues to us after 4 months. Abeg fight your own battles, Ukraine is fighting theirs.
Hmmm I like this your comment Sha
Some people might see it as nothing better it's what is happening everywhere.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Germi9:
It is okay to try some bad habits as a Man , but dont do it to the extreme especially when it has to do with your finances . But wife wait oo .. you want to divorce your husband of 4months with a baby inside of you? Did you even love him in the 1st place? Or you were Lust? Oh now he is no longer attractive as he use to be huh? You are not even willing to try to change him but to call it quit peacefully hahaha

I pray i never meet a woman like you, because na me go mess you up ,where is your patience or you think marriage is all bed of Roses ? Abeg comot for road jare’
The prayer you made is very important. No serious minded woman deserve a person like you. Birds of the same feathers.
You can never marry a woman like me with the way you reason.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by BrickDevo: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Romanoff:

Trust me, she wouldn't have known.

A lot of ladies date and marry men and only know how much they earn.

Not how they spend it.

Ask some guys how they spend their salary and watch world war 4 happen.

They'll ask you if you woke out for their hand.
ok
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by mpire: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:

Truthfully, it's too early to throw in the towel, divorce is awful; unless you know somethings that you cannot deal with for the rest of your life and you're certain he's never gonna change. If you've only been married for few months,I'm assuming you're in Nigeria ask a lawyer if you can annual it instead of a divorce. Annulment is different, your plate is wiped clean and it never shows you've ever been married. I'm not sure about naija, but ask a lawyer. But honesty 4 months is just too short for anyone not to endure and throw in the towel; but I know it might hurt you so bad to wanna up so soon, it's your call at the end of the day because only you will live your own life. All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by HardMirror(m): 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I wish he could be opened like you. I would have gladly help him.
We always talked about this, he has promised severally to stop. When I mentioned it now, he would tell me not to take him back to his past, but he is still doing it. Even yesterday, he still Gambles.
it is unfortunate. Honesty is the first step to recovery. If only he knows it is not a battle he can fight alone. For his sake and the family's

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
mpire:

Truthfully, it's too early to throw in the towel, divorce is awful; unless you know somethings that you cannot deal with for the rest of your life and you're certain hes never gonna change. If you've only been married for few months,I'm assuming you're in Nigeria ask a lawyer if you can annual it instead of a divorce. Annulment is different, your plate is wiped clean and it never shows you've ever been married. I'm not sure about naija, but ask a lawyer. But honesty 4 months is just too short for anyone not to endure and throw in the towel; but I know it might hurt you so bad to wanna up so soon, it's your call at the end of the day because only you will live your own life. All the best.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Darlingme(f): 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
@op, I can feel your anger. Pls calm down. Not healthy for you and your baby. Wait awhile, give birth and watch him. Divorce process will stress you. Sorry about what you're going through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by WHITELIGHTER: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
i keep advising youths intending to get married, NEVER marry anyone that sees divorce as the quickest way to resolve issue....

OP, instead of you to be looking for how to help him stop this addiction, you are already contemplating divorce....U aint fit to be married at all.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by WHITELIGHTER: 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
kingthreat:
I don't pity women. There was a better guy toasting you and you rejected. You chose your present husband with clear eye. Now you are bringing your issues to us after 4 months. Abeg fight your own battles, Ukraine is fighting theirs.

And who told you the so-called better guy isnt having an addiction to some even worse than gambling? I know even you is addicted to something, so stop choice-shaming her.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by bodyloveghetto(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
Is like you're into gambling as well. How much have you made so far, because the last time I checked, my husband is always in need of money, yet he earn much.
I feel like gathering all of you doing the same stu.pid habit, stressing your loved ones in one room and set you on fire?
Rub.bish

Haya, with two kids attending the best school and setting my woman up, got my own houses? I’m pretty sure am a responsible one… just wondering 4 month and you felt like leaving the marriage… Better you go sort your stuff out and all I was saying “you’ve got your options” phew
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by mpire: 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
Putindbutt:

Boy, you still crying. Who told you women don't cheat on rich dudes?
It was your mother feeding your wretched father that was why he couldn't afford to chase away the bitch when she cheats on him.

Are you a rich dude? You're so poor, even poverty is giving you money. Have you forgotten your family history? Did anyone ever make it out of Edo? The only one that made it to Lagos, came back after 2 years of fruitlessness.

Wait you don't even know your father, your mother couldn't tell which of her customer refused to use a condom. and thanks to the poor woman that picked you up in Edo at the refuse dump, it's good to see that your 4th grade education is paying off and landed you a cleaner job at the club.

You need to go and apologize to the tree working hard to provide you the oxygen you're wasting. Why are you alive again? Pele, your hands must be tired jerking off to Deborah and Amara...useless mofo, go get a job. I'm still waiting for your passport, have you ever even been on a plane? I'm sure you have seen one on the TV.

Here's your life misery....

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by bodyloveghetto(m): 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
Is like you're into gambling as well. How much have you made so far, because the last time I checked, my husband is always in need of money, yet he earn much.
I feel like gathering all of you doing the same stu.pid habit, stressing your loved ones in one room and set you on fire?
Rub.bish

That was my WhatsApp post 2 days ago… and that guy reply was ����

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Putindbutt: 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2022
mpire:

Are you a rich dude? You're so poor, even poverty is giving you money. Have you forgotten your family history? Did anyone ever make it out of Edo? The only one that made it to Lagos, came back after 2 years of fruitlessness.

Wait you don't even know your father, your mother couldn't tell which of her customer refused to use a condom. and thanks to the poor woman that picked you up in Edo at the refuse dump, it's good to see that your 4th grade education is paying off and landed you a cleaner job at the club.

You need to go and apologize to the tree working hard to provide you the oxygen you're wasting. Why are you alive again? Pele, your hands must be tired jerking off to Deborah and Amara...useless mofo, go get a job. I'm still waiting for your passport, have you ever even been on a plane? I'm sure you have seen one on the TV.

Here's your life misery....
You and loosingfaith519 should go fúck yourselves
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by AlphaBeta130: 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
Antidepressants and mood stabilisers can be used to treat the gambling addiction
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Druggey(m): 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
Stupid praying from a Gambler. Shame on you
Ease back stupid Biitch. u were a fvckin hoe and gold digger and that was u couldn't know that ur husband was a gambler. he just picked u from the street and fvcked the hell outta ur pvssy. Deal with it Biitch. cool
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by mpire: 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Putindbutt:

Well, your mother made a mistake, she should have swallowed you. No wonder Debora and Amara left your broke ass. Oya go and jerk off that's the only left in your life. May be switch hands.

Smart girls, did a runner and left you ALAKORI grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by kingthreat(m): 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:

And who told you the so-called better guy isnt having an addiction to some even worse than gambling? I know even you is addicted to something, so stop choice-shaming her.

I am a bettor. But I know when to roll, I know when to walk away.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by mpire: 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
Putindbutt:

Bitch so 3 girls actually left your sorry, jobless, fruitless, pathetic sorry ass not 2? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Let's welcome Doyin...
Deborah, Amara and Doyin who went to Ghana now married but you still want her? How pathetic is your life? Don't worry I'll track her down and pass your postings to her husband, this is gonna be fun, i'm just starting with you...you go hear wen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by harmargedon: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I recently discovered my husband has an addiction and I can't stay married to him.
As soon as money enters his hand, he starts funding some online app and start gambling.
We got married last year Nov.
We have needs and plans we agreed to achieve before the end of March. Which a better accommodation is one of our first goal. Our present accommodation is not ok at all.
On my own part, I'm saving to meet up with our Target, but I discovered, he has nothing. He collected contributions last month, over 200k. All that money wasted. He can't account for it.
January salary has entered, he has started wasting it again.

I'm expecting him to provide 300k at the end of this month. So, that when I sum it with mine, we can have over 600k. Get a decent accommodation and invest the rest.
We need to plan, save for our baby, but his attitude with money is not encouraging me.
The truth is, my husband is stressing me for lack of accountability.

Pls, how do I go about a peaceful divorce? I'm confused, because I'm pregnant.

All the things I'm seeing him do, suffocate me.
What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
and you didn't know all this before ordering Asoebi and calling large crowds and taking pictures. Madam go and fix your home, that's why you're married. Don't run away with your tail stuck in between your legs.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Gunayo(m): 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
Stenewiser:
just November, I laugh marriage is not meant for all women, imagine the trash madam please move, you have a child's reasoning, at your age you can't handle a common problems.
You called this type of problem common. This is a serious issue that is affecting most marriages and men in general. Na wa for you Oooooh. You must be Mr. common to called this kind of problem common. This gambling is making many men to loose their dignity and respect in their homes, work places and their environment and has rendered many to perpertual beggars and debtors. As many that are addicted to gambling and other money wasting machineries, may God deliver you in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
bodyloveghetto:

Haya, with two kids attending the best school and setting my woman up, got my own houses? I’m pretty sure am a responsible one… just wondering 4 month and you felt like leaving the marriage… Better you go sort your stuff out and all I was saying “you’ve got your options” phew
If you were into gambling, leaving the responsibilities to your wife alone, would you have achieve all that? Stop speaking for my husband here jor

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers / The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.