Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband (56123 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by twilliamx(m): 8:40am On Mar 03, 2022
That is not enough reason to leave your husband, talk to your husband. And let me tell you a secret. 79 percent of men today play sports bet. Some are just extreme than others. Get his parent involved
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Cation25(m): 8:41am On Mar 03, 2022
Aufbauh:
Sorry to say this, it seems you're not really matured for marriage.

Seeing this deficiency in your partner Just one year into your marriage and you're already fed up with the marriage. Haba!
If he was your blood brother would you have given up on him so quickly?

He might be doing this with the intention of hitting it big for the family even though you perceived it differently.
Sit down with him & advise him tactically or make an alternative investment suggestion to him that will take his attention off the online gambling.

You get sense abeg

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
You see: very annoying lifestyle. How can a man not think of multipling the little he has, Rather, squandering it and returning home empty handed? I will definitely live him.

Try get sense. If it was an abusive guy but he's madly rich, will you divorce him?

Your fellow genders on this forum just dey deceive you

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by naija4life247: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2022
Emperor88:

God bless you...The same women that marry Yahoo boys, armed robbers, hoodlums, ritualist because they make money from it are complaining of gambling.

I think she actually wants a Yahoo boy who will eventually use her for rituals.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by naija4life247: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2022
twilliamx:
That is not enough reason to leave your husband, talk to your husband. And let me tell you a secret. 79 percent of men today play sports bet. Some are just extreme than others. Get his parent involved

Stop leaking secrets. You no fit keep secret ni?
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by BigYash: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2022
Emperor88:

God bless you...The same women that marry Yahoo boys, armed robbers, hoodlums, ritualist because they make money from it are complaining of gambling.
Ladies call yahoo(stealing) work.. You dey mind them.. Even ladies gambles too.. E.g Amber of twitter

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Kdon2: 8:43am On Mar 03, 2022
Romanoff:

There is no way she would have noticed it, especially if he's an online gambler. Shey y'all like your privacy and say your partner shouldn't check your phone?

That's why she wouldn't have known.

How would she have been able to track his finances when y'all get defensive when a woman ask y'all money questions?

I'd suggest counselling for both of them, if he's willing to do the work, the marriage can be salvaged.

You ll never be a wife material with this kind of mentality. Haba!
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Ulunne777(f): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2022
kokoboy4life:
R I am force to response to this message, if I get you right, you mean you transfer money to your hubby whenever he needs cash despite the fact that he’s the one working for his money, If this is true that mean your husband is a professional simp. This is disgusting no woman in this world will try such with me. Too bad. Though I don’t blame you majority of current Nigerian men are too weak.

No problem.
I work for my money too and he does his.The bulk he has now he wouldn't have had it if he continued with his previous lifestyle.
If it is simping,leave it for us.We are happier,our kids are happier!

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by sheobserves(f): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2022
Try counseling, try talking to him but except he really wants to change, little anyone can do for him. A man that is financially irresponsible will waste his time and family's looking for quick ways to make money and end up grasping straws. FOR NOW,divorce isn't the answer. Try reasoning with him,look after yourself and work towards a successful delivery. Think about birth control. Don't allow yourself be tied down if you have more children and he is still looking for money in the skies through gambling and God knows what else.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by President2001(m): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I recently discovered my husband has an addiction and I can't stay married to him.
As soon as money enters his hand, he starts funding some online app and start gambling.
We got married last year Nov.
We have needs and plans we agreed to achieve before the end of March. Which a better accommodation is one of our first goal. Our present accommodation is not ok at all.
On my own part, I'm saving to meet up with our Target, but I discovered, he has nothing. He collected contributions last month, over 200k. All that money wasted. He can't account for it.
January salary has entered, he has started wasting it again.

I'm expecting him to provide 300k at the end of this month. So, that when I sum it with mine, we can have over 600k. Get a decent accommodation and invest the rest.
We need to plan, save for our baby, but his attitude with money is not encouraging me.
The truth is, my husband is stressing me for lack of accountability.

Pls, how do I go about a peaceful divorce? I'm confused, because I'm pregnant.

All the things I'm seeing him do, suffocate me.
What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
Divorce him is not the solution if not you have something in mind you are hiding, this issue is a simple one when divorce your husband that you just marry for 4 month what kind of history are written for yourself, there's no single marriage without challenges the issues may be different, I expect you to post that people should advice you how you will conquer the challenges not divorce
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Dedonrukky: 8:43am On Mar 03, 2022
Don't think of divorce for now. Your marriage is four months old. One thing you know is that it is very difficult to change an addiction and such person needs help. I feel for you but I personally think you should keep talking to him on why he has to change. If possible, every month end, he should have a fixed amount he will be sending to you to keep for him to achieve the family plans.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by gazilion: 8:43am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
Yes. That's he's only problem.
What's the medication?

Deliverance
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Odide009: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Is GAMBLING his only problem?

IF it's so then, there are medications you can put in his drink or pap to enable him desist from such without his notice. I don't know if they are available in Nigeria.
We also have the ones for Alcohol addiction.

Please, is there any for pills addiction.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Ausval: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2022
Chai you get sense and wisdom

Your shoe shine your face show

Respect Respect Respect
Timoleon:
There are two things involved
1. Didn’t you notice the gambling before you got married? If you did, I hardly have empathy for you as you should have known better to not marry him.

2. Considering all of the target set by the both of you, (this is if he wasn’t gambling before you got married) he probably started gambling in hopes that he can make you happy with enough money, in hopes that the winnings will be used to meet up your expectations (your writeup portrays that kind of picture that the expectations are yours although positively, you did mention you were contributing as much as 50% especially towards getting a better apartment).

What to do if no. 2 is your case; call your husband and have a heart talk with him. Your first concern now should be getting him off gambling and not the new apartment or a divorce. Assure him that his sanity is important to you. If he feels pressured to make so much money within a short period, you are sorry. The new apartment can wait. He should work normal as a responsible adult and God will bless the labour of his hands. Assure him that as much as you need money, you’ll never enjoy money he gets from gambling but rather you’d appreciate money he gets from a proper work.

You also mentioned investing the remainder of your funds after getting a new apartment. I don’t know your present living condition but since your 300k is close to being complete, I implore you to invest it and guard the proceeds carefully until you’ve been able to steer your husband clear of gambling. Your sanity is also important and I understand your frustration but you mustn’t give up before you try.

May you find wisdom to help your husband and your family.

Shalom!
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Juicy1945: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2022
Maybe is your behavior that push him into betting. 3 months you want to divorce.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2022
pmc01:

No one is holding you. Leave him and goan marry Putin

grin, she wants us to beg her not to leave grin

At the bolded make she go marry FFK

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Karlzy01(m): 8:45am On Mar 03, 2022
baby124:
He can’t change. If you continue, just prepare to assume most responsibilities with him more than likely robbing you of the little you have. They will keep telling you to endure, he will use ego and probably violence to shut you up, while you wallow in poverty. I have seen this case like 3 times.

The way people behave around money is so crucial in marriage. Some people are addicted to money. They get a high from getting money they did not work for, spending it lavishly and repeat. It’s best you let him as an adult decide if he wants to continue messing up his life or choosing his family. You need a lot of luck if you stay.

It's not true,HE CAN CHANGE because I changed.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by tempusfugit: 8:46am On Mar 03, 2022
WHEN LOVE DEY SWEET YOU , YOU DECIDE TO CLOSE YOUR SENSE EYE , ABEG NOR DISTURB US
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by ogunmourinho(m): 8:46am On Mar 03, 2022
Divorced him and come and marry me...i don't gamble i only play sporty bet
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by chiefconerstone: 8:46am On Mar 03, 2022
Divorce is not the solution.it only compound the problem. Just let him know that his addiction is stressing you out. Try to save and prepare for the baby. Pray always, prayer changes things. You cannot work on him, that is the work of the Holy spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by babadee1(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I recently discovered my husband has an addiction and I can't stay married to him.
As soon as money enters his hand, he starts funding some online app and start gambling.
We have needs and plans we agreed to achieve before the end of March. Which a better accommodation is one of our first goal. Our present accommodation is not ok at all.
On my own part, I'm saving to meet up with our Target, but I discovered, he has nothing. He collected contributions last month, over 200k. All that money wasted. He can't account for it.

I'm expecting him to provide 300k at the end of this month. So, that when I sum it with mine, we can have over 600k. Get a decent accommodation and invest the rest.
We need to plan, save for our baby, but his attitude with money is not encouraging me.

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.

It's only been four months. Move out back to your parent's house first and see if a family intervention can help to sort out this mess.
Worst case scenario you know you can't rely on him for money and never ever put any of your own money into his hands.
You must love some other things about him right? After all you agreed to get married to him.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by PerryRICHIE(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.

All you have to do is look for someone who is mature and old enough in his family and then tell them all uve been going tru... And then u tell them u are getting fed up... U want to divorce that all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 03, 2022
you can't divorce him after 4 months due to gambling..... not in any court in nigeria.

how u ignore all the post asking you if you noticed the gambling before marriage already answers their questions. u simply ignored it.

only option that is viable is to seat him down and voice your fears/worries. dont drop a dime as contribution at home. if he doesnt drop money for food dont cook. eat outside and be okay. las las both of u will chop d breakfast.

good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Mom007(f): 8:48am On Mar 03, 2022
Don't jump into divorce. Talk first. Then set some goals. If he can't keep his part, try separation. If all else doesn't work before talking of divorce. It may be you are the angel God sent to him that will help him out of those demonic addictions because trust me, that gambling of a thing is demonic and a waster of men. Remember to pray for him and involve mature individuals. Does he have parents or mentors he respects? But start with dialogue first.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by gaskiyamagana: 8:48am On Mar 03, 2022
aikyg:
How you didn't notice this while you were dating is a big question. Divorcing him may not be an easy decision, since you have a baby coming. Since he doesn't physical abuse you, I'll suggest you both go for counseling

Invite the officiating ministers of your marriage.Let them help you to beg him to change. If the the problem persists, like in drugs advise, find your way out.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Zannix(m): 8:49am On Mar 03, 2022
Mercychen:
That is why they are always looking for a working class lady who can bring to the table so they can continue gambling and spending their own money recklessly. You better dump his ass.

You don't need to go through all that stress of divorcing him because that will drain you mentally and physically except you plan to remarry which is not advisable as most of them are the same. So, just secretly get a place for yourself and unborn child and leave him without warning, before you lose your sanity.

When he's ready to leave the singlehood lifestyle and become a responsible husband, he can come for his family. Otherwise, forget about him. Life is too sweet to let one person keep you in sorrow all the days of your life.

Marriage is overhypped, especially in this generation of overgrown babies in men's skin.

[b][/b]so much bitterness!

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Advancedman(m): 8:50am On Mar 03, 2022
aikyg:
How you didn't notice this while you were dating is a big question. Divorcing him may not be an easy decision, since you have a baby coming. Since he doesn't physical abuse you, I'll suggest you both go for counseling

Counseling is the next big job in this country but it's seriously down played.
Back to the topic For me getting pregnant is not the next straight thing after marriage if you both haven't lived together before, you need to discuss ,have goal, target, etc that is the reason I so much appreciate the western way unlike our don't in every thing that is crucial to one's life.
The accomodations ought to come before pregnancy even financial preparations for the additional human should be in place others includes emergency fund, hazard first Aids.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Skyehigher1: 8:50am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
my first question for is that how many addiction your husband have? If he has drug, smoke and drink addiction with it . It's a big problem but if only gambling addiction is your husband have. You are free. First give him close range, monitor him. Showing big love to him, talk to him and ask the reason why he played it .if he gives you a chance to talk to him but if he doesn't gives you a chance tell his parents about it. That the money that supposed to mean good fortune for you na him use play gambling, but if you ask him and give you the reason then give him a deadline pray for him divorce is not an option for you and your unborn child, then anytime he played gamble and broke don't lend him money so that he will know the conscience of gambling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Timoleon(m): 8:50am On Mar 03, 2022
Thank you plenty.
Ausval:
Chai you get sense and wisdom

Your shoe shine your face show

Respect Respect Respect
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by CHoccolaTE: 8:51am On Mar 03, 2022
Op ignore the advice of the males on this thread. Many men are typically selfish and self centered and like blaming everything on women. Notice how they started blaming you in the first page by asking if you didn't notice it while dating?
Meanwhile if a wife was the one wasting family finances like this they would rip her apart with insults without asking if her husband noticed anything.

If the only reason you want to divorce him is the gambling, and you know he is okay in other aspects, like he is caring, helpful, nice to you, respects you etc, please give him an ultimatum to stop gambling before embarking on divorce. Or try to convince him to let you be the one controlling family funds/account so he does not have access to gambling with it.
If he still doesn't change after your ultimatum expires then leave him.

But if he is not even a good person to start with and has now started gambling on top then don't waste time to leave that house. Marriage itself is overhyped, don't kill yourself just to remain married. Many married women are living lives of single mothers even while living with their husband's in the same house, they have no love for their spouses and don't even talk to them in some cases but they stay there just to be able to claim Mrs somebody.

Marriage is seriously overhyped for women.
Especially in this Era of worthless males that can no longer provide for their families but are waiting for their wives to feed them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 03, 2022
Odide009:

Please, is there any for pills addiction.
Yes, there are Pills to combat Addiction!
And there are pills that predispose one to addiction too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Polyandry: Outcry Over South Africa’s Multiple Husbands Proposal / 20-year-old Nigerian & His 65-year-old American Wife (Pictures) / Kenyan Man And His Two Pregnant Wives Strike A Pose (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.