Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him (855 Views)

"I'm Not A Mugu, I Know My Husband Has A 2nd Wife & Kids Back Home”-Oyinbo Woman / My Ex Doesn't Want To Let Me Rest Despite Me Being Married / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Lifeisokay: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2022
I started dating this guy about 2years ago, I gave it my all but it didn't work out.
Around the time I started dating my ex I got a good job, it didn't pay much but was enough for me to be financially independent. I was being paid 20k a month, this guy didn't have anything but still I loved him, I begged him to get a job but he refused saying that the payment was too small, I buy him everything from food to clothes, if he's sick, I will buy him drugs, I was even saving up money to help him learn a trade, I never really complain because he doesn't have and I thought if I was broke and he had money he will give me. Besides all I needed was love
Before we started dating I told him that I don't deal with Yahoo boys. I love living a simple life free of corruption and fraud, I'm comfortable with the little I have. He lied to be that me that he wasn't into fraud, well he lied, I begged him to stop but nope instead he broke up with me.
Now I'm not without my faults I suffer from depression and anxiety. Because there are no mental health establishment which I know of, I have to deal with it. A lot of people have issues with my anxiety and mood swings, a pastor once called me a madwoman because my mom told him I love to be alone for days at a time. I tried to reason with him about my mental health but I guess he didn't understand.

Now last month my ex told me he loved me and wanted me back but only one condition that I don't call him because he wants his space,if he sees me on the road he simply looks at me and walk pass without saying a word, this has been going on for about 3weeks.
I have tried to move on but it's been hard, I tried looking for a new relationship but I don't want to hurt anyone feeling. I can't bare causing pain to someone
Please how do I get over my ex
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Dawn91(m): 8:08am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
Lifeisokay:
I started dating this guy about 2years ago, I gave it my all but it didn't work out.
Around the time I started dating my ex I got a good job, it didn't pay much but was enough for me to be financially independent. I was being paid 20k a month, this guy didn't have anything but still I loved him, I begged him to get a job but he refused saying that the payment was too small, I buy him everything from food to clothes, if he's sick, I will buy him drugs, I was even saving up money to help him learn a trade, I never really complain because he doesn't have and I thought if I was broke and he had money he will give me. Besides all I needed was love
Before we started dating I told him that I don't deal with Yahoo boys. I love living a simple life free of corruption and fraud, I'm comfortable with the little I have. He lied to be that me that he wasn't into fraud, well he lied, I begged him to stop but nope instead he broke up with me.
Now I'm not without my faults I suffer from depression and anxiety. Because there are no mental health establishment which I know of, I have to deal with it. A lot of people have issues with my anxiety and mood swings, a pastor once called me a madwoman because my mom told him I love to be alone for days at a time. I tried to reason with him about my mental health but I guess he didn't understand.

Now last month my ex told me he loved me and wanted me back but only one condition that I don't call him because he wants his space,if he sees me on the road he simply looks at me and walk pass without saying a word, this has been going on for about 3weeks.
I have tried to move on but it's been hard, I tried looking for a new relationship but I don't want to hurt anyone feeling. I can't bare causing pain to someone
Please how do I get over my ex
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Medianna(f): 8:21am On Mar 03, 2022
He wants you back but he needs his space. How? Hmmm

Sisterly, 3 weeks is very short to get over someone you love na..
Just give it time you'll get over it.

This one you're sounding like you exchange you brain with 'love' .
If you like run back to him in the name of 'I can't get over him'.
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by TempUser: 8:23am On Mar 03, 2022
Anxiety and mood swings? No be Skoin Skoin be that aka bipolar disorder?

To the guy, he might be thinking you were trying to force yourself on her. You had already become the husband before you have anything serious going on. He probably freaked out.

To get over it, change your personality. No one will dare date someone who prefers staying indoor for days like a sex doll. Work on yourself and never make the same mistake

I have spoken angry

Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by thorpido(m): 8:36am On Mar 03, 2022
Focus on your job and get hobbies to occupy your time and mind.
That guy is not the best for you,so stop wasting your time on him.

About your mental health,you could use the services of a psychologist or a psychiatrist in one of the teaching hospitals close to you.
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:37am On Mar 03, 2022
Am single & searching.
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Lifeisokay: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2022
TempUser:

To the guy, he might be thinking you were trying to force yourself on her. You had already become the husband before you have anything serious going on. He probably freaked out.

To get over it, change your personality. No one will dare date someone who prefers staying indoor for days like a sex doll. Work on yourself and never make the same mistake

I have spoken angry

My current mental help is as a result of my upbringing, and I do try to treat it but apart from Psychiatric hospitals(where only mad people are kept) there is no establishment which I know of that can help me, I tried looking for a therapist but couldn't find one in my home town.
And besides the real I love being alone is because I simply don't want to associate with people, I'm naturally introverted and yes my depression has worsened it but apart from that I'm okay.
I told he about my mental health issues before we started dating because I wanted him to make the decision, I didn't want him to be in the dark.
He was the one that asked I date him not the other way round, and beside I was just trying to help, after all is that not what relationship are about, trying to build each other.
And nop I'm not changing my personality, I can better myself but I'm not changing

1 Like

Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Lifeisokay: 8:46am On Mar 03, 2022
thorpido:
Focus on your job and get hobbies to occupy your time and mind.
That guy is not the best for you,so stop wasting your time on him.

About your mental health,you could use the services of a psychologist or a psychiatrist in one of the teaching hospitals close to you.

I tried that, believe me Nigerians are not educated about mental health at all. I once went to general hospital to get in contact with a therapist, Immediately I told the woman in charge about my issues, she told me to commit myself to Jesus because some evil spirits are after me. I just left
And if I should go to a mental hospital. In a country like Nigeria don't u think I will be locked up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Medianna(f): 8:57am On Mar 03, 2022
TempUser:

I have spoken angry

From the way she described the guy, he has a touch of irresponsibility

There's nothing wrong with her helping her man out.
There are many man who the women shoulders the finances at home, does that stop them from being a man? No. A man's duty goes beyond finance

Her staying indoors is normal as an introvert. Depression and anxiety is also normal as an introvert.(though she can work on it)
My own is why she declared herself skoi-skoii is what I don't understand

If its your fellow man you for don they advice am to
' dump the leech'
'Simp' Yen-yen-yen
Now its a lady. You're still trying to defend your fellow man. Is it good?
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by thorpido(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2022
Lifeisokay:

I tried that, believe me Nigerians are not educated about mental health at all. I once went to general hospital to get in contact with a therapist, Immediately I told the woman in charge about my issues, she told me to commit myself to Jesus because some evil spirits are after me. I just left
And if I should go to a mental hospital. In a country like Nigeria don't u think I will be locked up
No,it isn't that bad.Many Nigerians are ignorant and sadly some doctors inclusive.
Where do you live so I could direct you somewhere to seek professional help?
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Lifeisokay: 9:16am On Mar 03, 2022
[quote author=Medianna post=110709162]

My own is why she declared herself skoi-skoii is what I don't understand

I'm just wanted to show nairalanders the lack of education most Nigerians have well it comes to mental health
A girl once tried to commit suicide in my secondary school and instead of the teachers to try and understand why she would attempt such a thing, they instead came to the conclusion that a evil spirit is after her, some even blamed her for having the thought and others called her names to her face while others Wonder why a teen will not be happy in life because according to them life Neva too show her pepper. It was later the truth came out that the girl was being sexually abused by her uncle for years and all the family knew about it but didn't say anything as not to bring shame to the man.
My dear a lot of things goes on in Nigeria, a lot of good people go through hell on a daily basis it's only few that actually get justice.
My current mental health is a result of my upbringing, but I'm not allowed to say anything because I will be shamed for it. That's why I rather stay on my own
Besides I told my ex everything about me before we started dating, I didn't want him to feel I trapped him and he was really nice about it.
That's not why he broke up with me
It's because I don't support fraud, I feel it's a crime against humanity.
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by BlackSaints: 9:18am On Mar 03, 2022
Lol
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by thorpido(m): 9:25am On Mar 03, 2022
Lifeisokay:

My current mental help is as a result of my upbringing, and I do try to treat it but apart from Psychiatric hospitals(where only mad people are kept) there is no establishment which I know of that can help me, I tried looking for a therapist but couldn't find one in my home town.
And besides the real I love being alone is because I simply don't want to associate with people, I'm naturally introverted and yes my depression has worsened it but apart from that I'm okay.
I told he about my mental health issues before we started dating because I wanted him to make the decision, I didn't want him to be in the dark.
He was the one that asked I date him not the other way round, and beside I was just trying to help, after all is that not what relationship are about, trying to build each other.
And nop I'm not changing my personality, I can better myself but I'm not changing
Don't join the bandwagon of ignorant people who think psychiatric hospitals are for only mad people.
Mental health issues has a broad spectrum from anxiety disorders to manic disorder.For some you just need counselling which may be some sessions without medication.
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Lifeisokay: 9:32am On Mar 03, 2022
thorpido:
Don't join the bandwagon of ignorant people who think psychiatric hospitals are for only mad people.
Mental health issues has a broad spectrum from anxiety disorders to manic disorder.For some you just need counselling which may be some sessions without medication.

I'm aware of that, but are Nigerians aware of that
U speak like you don't Know the type of country you are in
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by thorpido(m): 9:34am On Mar 03, 2022
Lifeisokay:

I'm aware of that, but are Nigerians aware of that
U speak like you don't Know the type of country you are in
Okay.
If you want to talk outside of here you could send a dm.
Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Medianna(f): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2022
[quote author=Lifeisokay post=110709693][/quote]

OK fine family upbringing cannot be overemphasis in our lives.
Now you're grown up. You've identify your mental state. Work on it

Now imagine a man telling me I want you back but I need my space.
The kind of resounding slap I'll give him, his mum will not recognize his face that day.

And like thorpido rightly said focus on yourself first. And get yourself a therapy by reading self-help book. We've all been there as introvert and it worked.

People like that bf of yours will make you feel you're not worth it. You're not good enough.
If he's into fraud you can't change that. Are you the Holy Spirit?

God will give you your own man abeg

1 Like

Re: I Know My Ex Doesn't Love Me And Just Playing With Me But How Do I Get Over Him by Ungodly: 9:44am On Mar 03, 2022
Lifeisokay:

(1) (Reply)

Nixe / Any Other Sites Like Nairaland? / Which Song Always Gives You Memories About A Past Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.