Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) (47633 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Even In Nigeria" - Reno Omokri Reacts To Tribune Story. / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by JayPeeOham: 12:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
so u think because oil is $106, Nigeria will automatically become heaven?

Some of u, when ur parents made their first N1m, mark zuckerberg wasn't even born.
They probably saw money before Otedola sef.

Only those who plant a seed today, will get a tree in the next 20yrs.
Imagine when a party slogan is "PDP, chop the money", no good roads, no institution, no future planning, just steal and chop money.

Where do we plan to fall to when the money isn't there again?

You're talking about planting a tree... Have you ever heard of planting seasons

I doubt, because if you have, you'd know that whatever you plant in this Bubu era must surely die, no hating!

If you think otherwise, show me clear personal examples of what you planted when BuHARI came in and how same is faring now still under the same Buhari then we can settle this once and for all!!

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Eat exactly is ur point. During GEJ era crude was not even upto $100 per barrel and u claimed his era was time of plenty. Abeg I don't do well with anything supporting Buhari so park

Crude was above 100 dollars per barrel under GEJ from 2011-14....and no, I am not lying or bashing him, I am just stating facts.

See below. Brent crude (blue line) is where you should be paying attention to. Texas intermediate matters only to the US market.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by nextstep(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
When people were free to protest... cry
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by amuwo1980: 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
All were inspired by tribalism, Jide kosoko is a tribalist to the core , it have nothing to do with well being of Nigerians , I can assure that hunger have killed those urchins carrying the coffin with Jonathan written on it , let someone write Buhari’s name on a coffin today see what will happen to him, I blame obasanjo and awo who economically empowered their ppl at the expense of other Nigerians thereby giving them a false sense of grandeur and baseless superiority and they see everyone else as nothing , who is Jonathan and who are the igbos to challenge us in nigeria , that kind of thinking is what is prevalent among these ppl and tell me how nigeria can be better place for all citizens .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by anonymuz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
[b][/b]
SmartPolician:

Jonathan was a veryyyyyyyy wasteful leader. Yar'Adua was the leader who massively increased the foreign reserves. Please Jonathan didn't increase the foreign reserves. Instead, he was spending from it and still spending from the excess crude account.

Jonathan made Okonjo-Iweala look so horrible because while the woman was trying to convince governors to save for the country, Jonathan was giving instructions that the money be squandered.

That's why Amaechi and others insisted that the money be shared when Okonjo-Iweala was asking that we save the money.

Just like Buhari, Jonathan, a broke man from riverine Nigeria, saw billions of dollars in foreign reserves and forgot diversification he used to sing like a song.

However, I have to be fair to Jonathan because he was able to revive the railways - something that collapsed before he came in. At least I travelled from Enugu to Port Harcourt in one of the trains in 2014. He also built new universities and almajiri schools, and upgraded the airports.

Despite that, Jonathan was a mediocre leader and has no business being in leadership. Just before you think that I am an APC minion (because you people have senselessly divided the entire country into APC and PDP), Buhari is even worse.
@bolded. I reserve my comment
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by felixotalu1: 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Splitmind:
Jonathan is a fraud and a drunkard, things are much better under Buhari
are you for real ? well deep down you know the truth.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by LIGHTROOM: 12:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
You mean this tin way you dey talk
anonymuz:
[b][/b]@bolded. I reserve my comment
Michelle70:
Jonathan in time of plenty was wasteful.

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

Nigeria case is lack of progressive leaders and tribalistic youths.
Lagos is what it is because of leaders that plan for the future.
look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by nairaman66(m): 12:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires

Another blame game pointed at Jonathan! What happened to the government before Jonathan? They couldn’t plan? People from the West are always point fingers at others in other to make them look bad!

Lagos is the same Lagos, nothing has changed! Besides, Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria. To me Lagos is lagging behind its sister cities around Africa.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Zainabthegirl1(f): 12:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
If we no chop cane our body no dey come down…Jonathan’s regime was 100% better than Buhari’s regime but as we don chop buhari’s cane now our eyes don clear so sad

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by anonymuz(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
LIGHTROOM:
You mean this tin way you dey talk
I just modified my comment. Check
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
immortalcrown:

Why didn't the plenty disappear under Jonathan? As Jonathan sustained the plenty, what happened to the plenty after Jonathan?

Sustained high crude oil prices....

Buhari, meanwhile, had oil consistently below $70 until 3 weeks ago, when it reached 90 dollars for the first time in his regime...which is why his loan intake was much higher than GEJ.

That does not mean that Buhari is a good leader, it means that , faced with low oil prices, he should have taken measures to diversify, and cut subsides on petrol so that investment could flow in, and government saves money. He did the opposite.

And under GEJ, we would have had more money if he had been allowed to remove subsides. Instead Nigerians said no, and GEJ ended up spending money that could have been saved or invested in new refineries and repairing our exisiting refineries, on subsidy payments. And by 2015, we were in a big mess, plus GEJ owed a lot on subsidy payments, which Buhari took five years to pay up fully. (tHERE is a reason why GEJ wanted to remove subsdies.)
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Amed4bilz(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified

So the value of naira should keep decreasing every year? Is that what you are insinuating? Then you are not normal.
The value of 1USD is still the same till today from then till now. Go to United States and ask them.
Stupid mofo!

3 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by freshkpomo(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that brJ
Amen... And it will never be well with who ever supports Buhari..now Nigetains cannot feed.. A box of Matches moved from N5 to 30 naira, what about spaghetti of N80, now 400... God will punish the person and his generation for the hardship.

To travel roads now,kidnappers and bandits everywhere.. Anyone supporting Buhari will loose the most valuable thing in his life and shed tears just as people are shedding everyday from loosing their loved ones to FULANI herdsmen, Bandits and ISWAP terrorists..

4 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUbnXZ_kbo
Below are the pictures of politicians Nollywood actress and actors who protested against Jonathan administration. One of the pictures is about the price of fuel in 2015, it was #140 Lauretta onochie nad her crew in their placard called it 419 what are they calling fuel price now? El-rufai, Dino melaye, Jide kosoko, Pastor Tunde Bakare all protested against the Jonathan administration but they're doing nothing now, what can be done to resolve the issue of fuel scarcity now? Now are calling on the crusaders of 2015 to rise up now to address the issue of fuel scarcity, high cost of living and ASUU STRIKE

If they fail to protest now, they will not know peace here or after grin
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by agabaI23(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

Jonathan was wasteful in time of plenty? Are you ready for this discussion? How much is a barrel today?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by 123yes(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that bridge back in 2015 during heavy traffic along mbiama and the bridge was shaking like hell, I was scared it could collapse.
It was Buhari that had to rebuild a bridge leading to Bayelsa.
It will never be well with whoever supports GEJ

leadership will elude you in life for calling Jonathan Otueke thief. Now saints are ruling the nation. We know better!

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Theunbothered: 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
InHeaven:
We're all disappointed, our expectations was quite higher than this.

Meanwhile it doesn't make GEJ better than Buhari. That's just the fact, at least we're experiencing infrastructural development.

Is it because he built a train which we are using the majority of our national budget to repay?

We are experiencing "development" which is only good for taking pictures and fooling gullible people who never step out of their villages.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by assholemods: 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
Discovery4today:
They're doing nothing now
You can start the same thing they did. Who stops you?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

Jonathan was a veryyyyyyyy wasteful leader. Yar'Adua was the leader who massively increased the foreign reserves. Please Jonathan didn't increase the foreign reserves. Instead, he was spending from it and still spending from the excess crude account.

Jonathan made Okonjo-Iweala look so horrible because while the woman was trying to convince governors to save for the country, Jonathan was giving instructions that the money be squandered.

That's why Amaechi and others insisted that the money be shared when Okonjo-Iweala was asking that we save the money.

Just like Buhari, Jonathan, a broke man from riverine Nigeria, saw billions of dollars in foreign reserves and forgot diversification he used to sing like a song.

However, I have to be fair to Jonathan because he was able to revive the railways - something that collapsed before he came in. At least I travelled from Enugu to Port Harcourt in one of the trains in 2014. He also built new universities and almajiri schools, and upgraded the airports.

Just before you think that I am an APC minion (because you people have senselessly divided the entire country into APC and PDP), Buhari is even worse because it appears he doesn't have a brain let alone being able to think.

Part of the wasteage was due to subsidy. GEJ wanted to cut subsidy because it was too expensive , but Nigerians said no, so subsidy was basically a source of waste.

And still is.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by anonymuz(m): 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
Zainabthegirl1:
If we no chop cane our body no dey come down…Jonathan’s regime was 100% better than Buhari’s regime but as we don chop buhari’s cane now our eyes don clear so sad
sure. Then we traveled just for adventure not for hustling
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Lamba42(m): 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Do you know anyone into oil? We have suppliers for NNPC certified AGO in metric tons as well as crude & PMS.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by franchasng: 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

You are just a matter; anything that occupies space, place or thing, so your comment is expected from something that's occupying space, place or thing....you must be a thing undecided

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nightaccountant(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
so u think because oil is $106, Nigeria will automatically become heaven?

Some of u, when ur parents made their first N1m, mark zuckerberg wasn't even born.
They probably saw money before Otedola sef.

Only those who plant a seed today, will get a tree in the next 20yrs.
Imagine when a party slogan is "PDP, chop the money", no good roads, no institution, no future planning, just steal and chop money.

Where do we plan to fall to when the money isn't there again?
Oga if you don't know what to say, you keep quiet. Its not by force that everyone must comment under a post.
Blindfolded APC miscreants
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by AntonVince: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
Michelle70:

[/s]

How do you mean "time of plenty"? Why are Nigerians this gullible?
grin

What is the reason for borrowing, if I may ask?
Weren't the loans taken to mitigate revenue shortfall?
Are you aware that Buhari/APC has borrowed far more than Nigeria could ever earn in 5 years even if brent crude were to sell for $150/barrel?
For your information, this satanic APC government has within 7 years borrowed more than ALL previous Nigerian governments since independence combined! That humungous amount if not looted and mismanaged should be enough to keep us afloat even if we do not sell a single drop of oil in their first 5 years.

By the way, Brent Crude is currently selling at about $105/barrel.
Add that to the increased VAT, electricity tariff, customs duty, stamp duty charges on bank accounts, yet the economy keeps crashing daily.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Masterito(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
What is Lagos first? You must rate Lagos so high. Lagos is where it is because it will was the former capital. Lagos is yet to meet expectations.
Michelle70:

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by InHeaven(m): 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
Are you saying they're mouth projects?
That's very insincere of you
Theunbothered:

Is it because he built a train which we are using the majority of our national budget to repay?

We are experiencing "development" which is only good for taking pictures and fooling gullible people who never step out of their villages.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by charlypoker(m): 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUbnXZ_kbo
Below are the pictures of politicians Nollywood actress and actors who protested against Jonathan administration. One of the pictures is about the price of fuel in 2015, it was #140 Lauretta onochie nad her crew in their placard called it 419 what are they calling fuel price now? El-rufai, Dino melaye, Jide kosoko, Pastor Tunde Bakare all protested against the Jonathan administration but they're doing nothing now, what can be done to resolve the issue of fuel scarcity now? Now are calling on the crusaders of 2015 to rise up now to address the issue of fuel scarcity, high cost of living and ASUU STRIKE

Look at all the fools protesting in the pictures. I bet they can't protest now.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by amuwo1980: 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
felixotalu1:
are you for real ? well deep down you know the truth.
He is just being sarcastic
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by bularuz(m): 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
Proper One chance, I hope GMB comes back for third term sha
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Corea4king(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

Just tell me what this present govt is lacking that was plenty during Jonathan?
Ur not different from those mofos carrying placards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Fashola Takes A Selfie While Tinubu Delivers A Speech / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] / Several ‘flaws’ Identified In Atiku’s Presidential Election ‘server Result’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.