Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) (47640 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Even In Nigeria" - Reno Omokri Reacts To Tribune Story. / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by nedekid: 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
was I lying.
GEJ is a thief, deal with the truth
Guy, you call Jonathan a thief?
If you do, what will you call the current regime?
Never In the history of this country has corruption been so high and rampant. People just take money and nothing happens to them. No checks and balances! Eg from the nddc fiasco after covid, who has been prosecuted? The recent substandard fuel importation, has anything happened?
If in a poor southern state, a government official can have billions in his account, I mean billions and nothing happens. Billions in a poor state, i wonder if he keeps the whole money to himself. Meanwhile no be governor or deputy. How much will governor then have? Gazzillions?
Meanwhile their zombies are here praising them with empty stomachs, talking of how Jonathan that left 8 years ago is a thief.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Cantonese: 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
Amunaotutheory:
Take a look at that woman whose mouth is like that of Nkapi, she was protesting then but talk about Buhari and she would become very abusive. The man in kaduna was also there deceiving gullible Yoruba people about Jonathan.

Whose mouth be like nkapi?
Chai. What a dangerous observation.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Mozegee: 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
I really do not know if you know what you are saying. What is the time of plenty,what is the price of crude oil now.
Michelle70:
Jonathan in time of plenty was wasteful.

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

Nigeria case is lack of progressive leaders and tribalistic youths.
Lagos is what it is because of leaders that plan for the future.
look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by obicmag(m): 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
Abeg who and where is the minister for petroleum?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Oziens: 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
You're entitled to your opinion. Mental slavery is a malignant disease and many are suffering from it without knowing.

Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that bridge back in 2015 during heavy traffic along mbiama and the bridge was shaking like hell, I was scared it could collapse.
It was Buhari that had to rebuild a bridge leading to Bayelsa.
It will never be well with whoever supports GEJ
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ken6488(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that bridge back in 2015 during heavy traffic along mbiama and the bridge was shaking like hell, I was scared it could collapse.
even up till now you still defend buhari failure
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by flokii: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
Petrol price that is still heading to #1000 per litre.. no be ab0kis wey dey power again?

Once Dangote completes his refinery, they will tell you govt. can no longer subsidize fuel and everyone must buy at fixed Dangote price. They practically open everything for Dangote from importation of machinery at no cost (duty), access to fx and several other concessions we don't know of yet, but let him start operation and see how PMS price will skyrocket just like Cement price.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Infomaz(m): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
Enemies of Nigerians... Obviously they were only fighting for their pockets. May the Lord reward them according to their works.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ken6488(m): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified
you have low IQ

What was the dollar rate then and now

Buhari is a failure
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
AntonVince:
[s][/s]

How do you mean "time of plenty"? Why are Nigerians this gullible?
grin

What is the reason for borrowing, if I may ask?
Weren't the loans taken to mitigate revenue shortfall?
Are you aware that Buhari/APC has borrowed far more than Nigeria could ever earn in 5 years even if brent crude were to sell for $150/barrel?
For your information, this satanic APC government has within 7 years borrowed more than ALL previous Nigerian governments since independence combined! That humungous amount if not looted and mismanaged should be enough to keep us afloat even if we do not sell a single drop of oil in their first 5 years.

By the way, Brent Crude is currently selling at about $105/barrel.
Add that to the increased VAT, electricity tariff, customs duty, stamp duty charges on bank accounts, yet the economy keeps crashing daily.

I am not here to defend Buhari...but your analysis is probelmatic.

First, Buhari has taken a lot of loans because our economy is dependent on oil (and he has done nothing to get us off that dependency which is why I don't like him), and the oil price since 2015, until 3 weeks ago, has been below 80 dollars, sometimes as low as 20-30 dollars (in 2020, we went as low as 24 dollars for most of the year).

Meanwhile GEJ had oil prices as high as 100 dollars and above from 2011-14 (see the graphic below, and pay attention to the blue line, the brown line matters to the USA market).

And meanwhile, GEJ was taking loans as well.

Because, no matter how high the oil price is, because of our high population, and corruption as well as subsidy regimen, oil prices have to be much higher than where it is at now for us to earn enough money. Hence the loan thing.

Our fiscal breakeven is $133. In 2017 it was $139, in 2012, $122. That's the price we need oil to be to run a balanced budget.

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires

Kikikikikiki,

Is that why they now borrow and share it?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by 123yes(m): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
leadership will elude you in life for calling Jonathan Otueke thief. Now saints are ruling the nation. We know better!
Some of us that are disrespecting our leaders, our parents are drunkards. They come online to rant and make noise. PLEASE what is the level of your father's education? or how is he contributing to make Nigeria a better place,
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Theunbothered: 1:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
InHeaven:
Are you saying they're mouth projects?
That's very insincere of you

Please tell me how much money has Nigeria made from the train and how much is our debt to built it?

While you're you're doing that also remind me what happened to Nigeria Air, Buhari's refineries and the Siemens power project.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
flokii:
Petrol price that is still heading to #1000 per litre.. no be ab0kis wey dey power again?

Once Dangote completes his refinery, they will tell you govt. can no longer subsidize fuel and everyone must buy at fixed Dangote price. They practically open everything for Dangote from importation of machinery at no cost (duty), access to fx and several other concessions we don't know of yet, but let him start operation and see how PMS price will skyrocket just like Cement price.

So, why shouldun't Dangote sell fuel at the price he wants?(And indeed why shouldun't the other five refineries being built do the same?)

He has to make profit so that he can pay for the refinery's maintenance, worker's salaries (and the workers would demand increase in salary eventually), and even expand his business and pay the loans he took

Plus, allowing Dangote to set the price of the fuel he sells would attract other people into the petrol business, including Southerners , who would now be able to take loans for building refineries and earn enough profit to among other things pay back their loans.

If you don't like Dangote setting his price , and you want him to sell fuel to you and his aboki and other Nigerians pals at N100 or less per liter because you , me and everyone are poor, then don't complain when government decides that since this worked for the petrol industry, it should work for your business too. Also don't complain when the refinery fails because Dangote cannot afford to pay for routine maintenance, and staff welfare.

After all, you need to sell at a loss to help poor Nigerians. Government does not care about your cost of doing business.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Ykc2(m): 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Eat exactly is ur point. During GEJ era crude was not even upto $100 per barrel and u claimed his era was time of plenty. Abeg I don't do well with anything supporting Buhari so park
why you guys dey waste una time dey reply one abokki or muric member that changed his or her name to michelle? undecided

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by just2endowed: 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified

why not go and protest now if them born ur vilage people well....i trust bubu, if it were during time of jona all these fake life people protesting, he would have sent all of them to the lions den and order police and army to masaacare all.

Duddish brains we have in this nigeria.

you cannot read that as at now, you dont have any right to fight for your right in this Buhari era.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by wirinet(m): 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

Jonathan was a veryyyyyyyy wasteful leader. Yar'Adua was the leader who massively increased the foreign reserves. Please Jonathan didn't increase the foreign reserves. Instead, he was spending from it and still spending from the excess crude account.

Jonathan made Okonjo-Iweala look so horrible because while the woman was trying to convince governors to save for the country, Jonathan was giving instructions that the money be squandered.

That's why Amaechi and others insisted that the money be shared when Okonjo-Iweala was asking that we save the money.

Just like Buhari, Jonathan, a broke man from riverine Nigeria, saw billions of dollars in foreign reserves and forgot diversification he used to sing like a song.

However, I have to be fair to Jonathan because he was able to revive the railways - something that collapsed before he came in. At least I travelled from Enugu to Port Harcourt in one of the trains in 2014. He also built new universities and almajiri schools, and upgraded the airports.

Just before you think that I am an APC minion (because you people have senselessly divided the entire country into APC and PDP), Buhari is even worse because it appears he doesn't have a brain let alone being able to think.

Gbam. Jonathan was wasteful, Buhari is directionless.

I was shocked shocked when he lied that Jonathan increased the foreign reserves. I asked which foreign reserves? Maybe their personal foreign reserves, but Jonathan depleted the foreign reserves left by Yaradua and was borrowing to pay salaries.

Buhari is a ghost president. Nigeria is being ruled by the presidency.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by maisams01(m): 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
You're ignorant about current world economic trends that's why you blame Buhari for your present economic woes. Listen here the whole world economy is currently undergoing inflationary pressures due to the economic recession brought about by the corvid 19 pandemic and not just Nigeria alone. The USA is experiencing its highest inflation rate in 40 years long before you were even born. The price of wheat has gone up 33%, maize 50% and vegetable oil 100% worldwide (Source; UNFAO). I guess Buhari is to blame for all of that too
yeah let us pretend there was no high inflation in Nigeria before the Covid-19, you know what? arguing with politicians asslickers is a waste of time so chill you are right
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by yusufu16: 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

Crude oil is over $100 per barrel now almost same as Jonathan regime, what has Buhari achieved.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by bosstim(m): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Sharap dia, what do you mean by the phrase "in time of plenty"? We are only suffering more now under this current regime because they came into power with only one sole aim which is to loot like others have been looting since no be them start am.... If you're as smart as you think you are you should have sat down and studied the useless policies this present regime have on ground and discovered that all is aimed at creating more avenues for looting. I'm not saying the other regime didn't loot but this present regime na the oga kpatakpata of them all.
Michelle70:

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ud4u: 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
so u think because oil is $106, Nigeria will automatically become heaven?

Some of u, when ur parents made their first N1m, mark zuckerberg wasn't even born.
They probably saw money before Otedola sef.

Only those who plant a seed today, will get a tree in the next 20yrs.
Imagine when a party slogan is "PDP, chop the money", no good roads, no institution, no future planning, just steal and chop money.

Where do we plan to fall to when the money isn't there again?

You need to be reasonable, there's no money again in Nigeria

Who Bewitched you
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Hellonearth007: 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
so u think because oil is $106, Nigeria will automatically become heaven?

Some of u, when ur parents made their first N1m, mark zuckerberg wasn't even born.
They probably saw money before Otedola sef.

Only those who plant a seed today, will get a tree in the next 20yrs.
Imagine when a party slogan is "PDP, chop the money", no good roads, no institution, no future planning, just steal and chop money.

Where do we plan to fall to when the money isn't there again?

Hmmm so u still get mind dey comment again.
Chai ,some people have sold their shame to the dogs.
So after letting the whole world know u were born as an idiot and a compound fool,u still get shame dey argue.

Your shame dey shame your generation
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by SarkinYarki: 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
See as this man mumu himself then

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by flokii: 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
backbencher:

So, why shouldun't Dangote sell fuel at the price he wants?(And indeed why shouldun't the other five refineries being built do the same?)

He has to make profit so that he can pay for the refinery's maintenance, worker's salaries (and the workers would demand increase in salary eventually), and even expand his business and pay the loans he took

Plus, allowing Dangote to set the price of the fuel he sells would attract other people into the petrol business, including Southerners , who would now be able to take loans for refineries and earn enough profit to among other things pay back their loans.

If you don't like Dangote setting his price , and you want him to sell fuel to you and his aboki and other pals at N100 or less per liter because you are poor, then don't complain when government decides that since this worked for the petrol industry, it should work for your business too.

After all, you need to sell at a loss to help poor Nigerians.

You people should continue destroying the economy of Nigeria with monopoly given to people like Dangote with ban placed on Importation.
What stops the govt. owned refineries from working while private business owners too like Dangote run theirs? by so doing the demand won't exceed supply so price won't go unreasonably high that'll in turn put pressure on the naira and weaken our currency in the foreign exchange market.

Incase you don't know the ills of what those in govt. are doing, the poverty rate in Nigeria will rapidly increase and prices of foodstuffs in the market will go up beyond normal and even graduates who earn next to nothing will turn beggars on the streets. Continue blowing grammar till reality will hit you in the face.

The unreasonable cement price and those of other building materials are the reasons for rent increase despite minimum wage and salaries remaining the same. Where una wan spoil the country reach, we go gather see am.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ud4u: 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
bosstim:
Sharap dia, what do you mean by the phrase "in time of plenty"? We are only suffering more now under this current regime because they came into power with only one sole aim which is to loot like others have been looting since no be them start am.... If you're as smart as you think you are you should have sat down and studied the useless policies this present regime have on ground and discovered that all is aimed at creating more avenues for looting. I'm not saying the other regime didn't loot but this present regime na the oga kpatakpata of them all.

On point
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ufotunang: 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
Pretenders ...they will not protest the bad economy Nigerians are facing now....high cost of fuel at 200naira to 250 naira per litre.....fuel scarcity, unemployment, insecurity, poverty, hunger, inflation, ASUU strike Fulani herdsmen killing farmers, bandits and terrorists attack,.. Buhari traveling to London hospital for medical check-up and abandoning the Nigeria hospitals... where are they now...let them come out and protest all this issues
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by samfrancis1(m): 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
xelly:

But it should be because GEJ was the president?
Bros how come you’re replying that kind of poster?? Have a very good afternoon bro…

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Roger3D(m): 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
just2endowed:

why not go and protest now if them born ur vilage people well....i trust bub, if it was during time of jona all these fake life people protest, he would have sent all of them to the lions den and order police and army to masaacare all.

Duddish brains we have in this nigeria.

you cannot read that as at now, you dont have any right to fight for your right in this Buhari era.
We didn't need to protest against the recent price hike by the Buhari administration, all we had to do was threaten to do so ad they backed down. Or were you in Ukraine last month when the government was forced to backdown from subsidy removal?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by shugamummy: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
All you have after being handed over the economy is to still blame GEJ, so if GEJ did otueke road, APC govt will be giving you Steady electricity, Security, Deflation, stronger currency etc now right. Anybody who wants to argue with you lots must keep ten bottles of Gulder by the side to clear his brain thereafter.
Sorry I Don't have a money for one bottle now after buying fuel 300/ltr. Until when Nigerians are ready to hit the streets we go know howfar

Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by wirinet(m): 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
yusufu16:

Crude oil is over $100 per barrel now almost same as Jonathan regime, what has Buhari achieved.

Crude oil is over $100 per barrel for how long? A week. Why not compare to how long Crude oil was over $100 per barrel during Jonathan's reign.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both / Nigerians Storm Abuja House In London To Mark Buhari's 100 Days Absence. Photos / Goodluck Jonathan Welcomed By Kano Residents While On Condolence Visit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.