Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,607 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" (69319 Views)

Russia Suspends Forex Sales Until September 9 / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. / The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Athemisia: 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Buliwyf:

How many space stations are there in the world right now? That you are asking me to name one without Russian input as if there are 50 of them.
That guy doesn't know there are only two.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Buliwyf: 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jeromejnr:

You will always see this guy on the wrong side of any argument. Hope Trump is still your own president as you were claiming last year. Now it's more dumb nonsense you are posting. The propulsion system of the ISS is relatively simple all it needs is just a gas shooting out somewhere and nudging the ISS gently. Gravity does most of the rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Titaniumental: 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
etokhana:

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-699203
All i see here is giving Elon musk and his space x team more chance to showcase their potential while smiling to the bank as well
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by oracle009(m): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Ode. 80% of the international space station was built by the US.

Ignorant statement bro

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Buliwyf: 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Athemisia:

That guy doesn't know there are only two.

I doubt he knows the difference between a space station and a rocket. Very loud ignoramus.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Bellerophon: 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lol who built the first space station
1) is there any space station without Russia input ?
2) was there ever a space station built by America alone ?

Answer this then we talk

I won’t sit here and discuss space stations with you when the technology has been overtaken by further advancements in space TECH! NASA Is preparing another lunar mission, Space X Is thinking Mars, Technology is making space shuttle a reality! Where in all these important technological advancement do you see Russia taking the lead! I am discussing the future and you’re taking backwards to the topic of an assembled laboratory circling the earth’s orbit

4 Likes

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by IMAliyu(m): 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hanks0000:
SpaceX
Blue origin.. lols
Elon Musk and Jeff Besos right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by GistFullGround: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
The same thing the bragged about during Obama's time, the SpaceX was born!
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Kelvin3476: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Help2020:

Can you explain how is the most daft
omo goan siddan JAREH.
Soo u believe U.s can't build rocket engine?
U are also daft if u believe such

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by SocialJustice: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Righteousness2:
The ridicule on Nomerica is too much

This is what happens when an individual or Nation Blessed, advanced and Powered by GOD , turns his/her back on GOD!

grin
Always talking rubbish and you're daft like the Russians supporting Putin. Google SpaceX and educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Yusufisraelj(m): 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:
I was waiting for this ...next is to kick them out of the international space station

Let EU and USA learn to build space station

What are you saying? A $100billion contract that took about 15 countries, with US paying the highest I think. Instead they will withdraw thier scientist aboard the station.

Russia stands to lose more.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by SocialJustice: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
IMAliyu:

Elon Musk and Jeff Besos right now
Yes o, all contracts will be redirected to them. This year na for mega collection.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by mrvitalis(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Yusufisraelj:

What are you saying? A $100billion contract that took about 15 countries, with US paying the highest I think. Instead they will withdraw thier scientist aboard the station.

Russia stands to lose more.
Russia built it first space station in 1971 ...they don't need America to do it again
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by gawu1: 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Athemisia:

U.S have their own engines but Russia rocket engines are more powerful.
Have tested African engine? grin
You don't need to pay much. Two black goats, one white hen, ten red and black beard will turn you to space shuttle expert for life cool
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by damolaboye(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Russians are the king of what?

Can you even compare America's universities to Russia's universities in research output?

How many technology advancements have happened in Russia? What other benefits do they bring to the world currently asides from selling raw materials?

They only know how to build missiles and nuclear weapons so that they can brag about being a "world power". Even China is miles ahead of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=which+country+got+to+the+moon+first&oq=which+country+got+the+moon+firs&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i22i30j0i390l4.14525j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Titaniumental: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bellerophon:

I won’t sit here and discuss space stations with you when the technology has been overtaken by further advancements in space TECH! NASA Is preparing another lunar mission, Space X Is thinking Mars, Technology is making space shuttle a reality! Where in all these important technological advancement do you see Russia taking the lead! I am discussing the future and you’re taking backwards to the topic of an assembled laboratory circling the earth’s orbit
Yh.
NASA,Space X in short Elon Musk are all taking space exploration beyond ISS
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Righteousness2:

This is what happens when an individual or Nation Blessed, advanced and Powered by GOD , turns his/her back on GOD!

grin
you are just dumb with all your teaching if USA come today and tell you that bible is there own way of colonizing you and you can wait till when they destroy USA or are you that anxious??
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Alusiizizi(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
There is actually Chinese hype. And I don't believe they have as much talent or ingenuity as the claim to have or have achieved. But credit to them because they're literally on steroids as far as production is concerned. They're more disciplined than the west to some extent.

I disagree with you on the last fact you stated. In terms of research output. Science universities like MIT, Cornell and Stanford top the world. They don't just get media hype the way things like Facebook and TikTok innovation get. If you want to see their work, start following websites like New scientist.com You'll be surprised at the level of innovation you'll see.

Will have to disagree with you here. First of all, New Scientist is an American publication so they are far more likely to present American achievements, secondly, those universities that you mention will break if they try matching up with universities like the Moscow Academy of Sciences.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by mrvitalis(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Reference:

Haba Oga, have you heard of Skylab in the early 70's.

C'mon. A country that has gone to the moon 6 times (no other nation can and no other nation will in our lifetime)
A country that has 1,300 out of the 2,500 satellites in space with Elon Musk pumping more into the heavens at will.
The country that has sent 12 probes to Mars, the only country to have sent probes to all the planets in the solar system including two to the Sun and with their partners in the ESA I can go on and on and on.

Oga. As far as space is concerned Russia cannot hold a candle where America is today. They were ahead in the 50's, but as soon as Kennedy lit the torch with his famous speech in 1962 America has disappeared over the hill and gone far, far away. Russia today are just the water carriers for more serious countries seeking space exploration and science advancement. All their key scientists are in the West.
Yes ooh but can't build a space station without Russia
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Jeromejnr(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Buliwyf:

You will always see this guy on the wrong side of any argument. Hope Trump is still your own president as you were claiming last year. Now it's more dumb nonsense you are posting. The propulsion system of the ISS is relatively simple all it needs is just a gas shooting out somewhere and nudging the ISS gently. Gravity does most of the rest.

Lol.. Mr man, you don't even know how the ISS even operates in "space"

Well, 1st of all, the Space stations are not in SPACE that you are thinking of. They are still in earth's orbit. Therefore the gravity of the earth can pull it down if not properly handled. So gravity works against it not for it.

2ndly you talking of a propulsion system and saying its simple says a lot about you Trump haters.

3rdly, you response has nothing to do with the point of the argument you replied to.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by CoronaVirusPro: 6:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
Righteousness2:

grin

What is advanced about Russia? Russia buys more of technology from USA

You not even current….

What does Russia have in technology?

From IT, Aviation, Telecom, Medicine or Automobile,

What does Russia got?

Rocket engine a rolls Royce will easily manufacture.

Update yourself please!

2 Likes

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
nurudeen181:
see one omugo.. 80%, which % russia come do and which one china do?

China??
China isn't even allowed on the project.. The US banned them.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Alusiizizi(m): 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
jaxxy:

Stealth technology is most advanced in the US. Don’t know what Ure even talking about. The US is in another league.

Stealth technology originated in Russia. It was first described by a Russian scientist during the cold war era. The U.S.A got a hold of the description through espionage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Edo people go help them fly. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JohnBullMySon: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
alabo1:

Most of the ISS being built in America is wrong. The modules for each country were built in America, Moscow, Germany, Japan and Canada respectively.

My point is the core technology for propulsion,life support etc were of Russian origin based on their experience with the MIR station. Peace
The US used technology from Skylab to design the ISS not Mir

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Jeromejnr(m): 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

What is advanced about Russia buys more of technology from USA

You not even current….

What does Russia have in technology?

From IT, Aviation, Telecom, Medicine or Automobile,

What does Russia got?

Rocket engine a rolls Royce will easily manufacture.

Update yourself please!

Some of those things you mentioned are things Russia where even first to innovate.

Aviation to space

Medicine (Anesthesia for surgery)

Automobile (Tram, first tracked vehicles)

Telecom (Radio, satellite)

Update yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Powersurge: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:
I was waiting for this ...next is to kick them out of the international space station

D way Nigerians dey daft eeh. See this one wey no know anything now just jump on the thread.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by sonso: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Anything Russia does, USA will do bettering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Tallvictor23: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Righteousness2:

grin

Yo gee , I feel you a lot and I like how you stand for Christ . But man you can’t hate a nation for God , Jesus preached love , not hate , America has Christians too , no matter the immoralities that you see they do , it’s done in other countries too man , Russia equally ain’t a decent place , I have friends who are there who tell me bout their night clubs and all and how immoral they are , even here in Nigeria , it’s everywhere man , there’s immorality everywhere, I’ve seen a lot of your posts on how you just insult the country America . That’s how I feel man .
P.s no hard feelings man , I’m a soldier of Christ too lol , Peace ✌� ❤️
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Btruth: 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Ode. 80% of the international space station was built by the US.
don't mind him.

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by anoda(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Fake news. The US makes their own rocket engines.
yes, but my broda soyuz na baba.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by richeeyo(m): 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:

Olodo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) / Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Donald Trump’s Inauguration Invitation Card + Full Timetable Of Events.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.