Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" (69314 Views)

Russia Suspends Forex Sales Until September 9 / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. / The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by pharmaking: 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
Then let Innoson Auto resume design and construction of rocket engine for them.

US under Joe Bidden is a joke like Ukrainian President himself.

Let's see who blinks first.I am with you on this Putin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by mrvitalis(m): 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bellerophon:

DAMN, you are EXTREMELY ignorant, misinformed and intellectually malnourished! I don’t even know where and how to begin, you have piled a heap of falsities and ignorance in your mind, it will be an Herculean enterprise getting rid of the filth!

Most portions of the ISS was built and assembled in the USA! Space has become the new frontier for expansionism and the USA long realized this reason they have a space force as was created by the Trump Administration! Answer me this question please, FROM A SCIENTIFIC POINT OF VIEW WHICH IS MORE DIFFICULT? ASSEMBLING AND MAINTAINING A SCIENCE LAB IN LOW ORBIT EARTH OR MAKING INTERPLANETARY EXPLORATIONS LIKE SENDING A ROVER TO MARS?
To educate your IGNORANCE the USA has sent five expeditions of rovers to explore the Martian surface, something NO OTHER COUNTRY in the world has attained, China Only recent managed a Martian Landing last year! Remember the USA has made 5 even exceeding their expectations through the successful launch and flight of INGENUITY A MINI HELICOPTER MARKING THE FIRST TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY WHEN INTERPLANETARY FLIGHT HAS OCCURRED!

THE USA is making exploits in Mars and scoring firsts for our civilization and you in your skewed understanding think some antiquated contraption that functions as a lab in LOW EARTH ORBIT is a capability beyond the USA scientific prowess? That’s as laughable as it is foolish! Mars is Farther and requires even more advancement in space tech! Purge yourself of your hatred for western excellence and dominance as it is well deserved, America like Rome was NOT built in a day, the price of the AMERICAN GREATNESS is the BLOOD,SWEAT AND TEARS of Her people

Lol who built the first space station
1) is there any space station without Russia input ?
2) was there ever a space station built by America alone ?

Answer this then we talk
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by tunjilana: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
In comparison to the west? How much have they achieved?

If I right down what America has invented, this page will not contain it.

You are mistaking, America with Americans...

Let me explain what I mean.

When it comes to space discovery, Russians have been very advanced, they were the first to put a man on space. America actually played catch up on that.

Back to my first statement, excessive capitalism is America biggest problem...They started the computer revolution and led the first set of innovations in IT but the businessmen and funders got greedy and sought ways to get things done cheaper (without any consideration for IP and overall transfer of knowledge) today most of the beautiful things in IT are largely done by chinese(Hardware) and Indians(software) but by American/America owned companies....If push comes to shove and world war breaks out...u will be shocked that the indians and chinese running big tech companies in America and their partners in India and china will change allegiance and you will really need those Americans without traceable dual heritage to get things done and u have little of them.....
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Emmyxclusive: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:
I was waiting for this ...next is to kick them out of the international space station

Let EU and USA learn to build space station
EU has committed 40bn dollars for their space program. It was even announced months ago before all this wahala
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by olugabbie(m): 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Russians are the king of what?

Can you even compare America's universities to Russia's universities in research output?

How many technology advancements have happened in Russia? What other benefits do they bring to the world currently asides from selling raw materials?

They only know how to build missiles and nuclear weapons so that they can brag about being a "world power". Even China is miles ahead of them.

I realise people don't know anything about except missiles technology and space technology.

The Russians were the first to build supersonic commercial airplane (TU-144). Concorde was not the first.

She was the first to introduce COVID-19 vaccine (Sputnik V).

Scientific and medical discoveries, like the periodic law, vitamins and stem cells were discovered by the Russians.

Russia dominant the artic today because of it's massive ice breaker fleet. She has the biggest ice breaker ship in the world.

Russian built BE-200 amphibious aircraft has been taking fire extinguishing around the world for years. It has combat wild fire in Turkey, Israel, Greece e.t.c

She was the first to build military submarine that can launch ICBM.

I can go on and on. Lastly Russian Vodka remain the best in the world.

Some people think Russia is a third world country that only has Nuclear weapon. Just take your time and watch documentries on YouTube to see how beautiful Russia is. She is as developed as any other country in Europe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by AngelicBeing: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jokerman:

Lol... you no do gbam today.... grin
Oya take it >> Gbamsulotely wink
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by mrvitalis(m): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
Emmyxclusive:
EU has committed 40bn dollars for their space program. It was even announced months ago before all this wahala
EU and America can't do without Russia forget
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Fake news. The US makes their own rocket engines.
The US is the world's largest exporters of almost every thing, from crude oil to rocket engines.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Pastorsmile: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nothing malam's eyes won't see at the gate..
LOL. Russians threaten the USA with advanced technology devices
This Putin really thinks the world starts and ends with him.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Buliwyf: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:

Oga stop reading western propaganda ..no country can build space station without mother Russia

How can one person be this ignorant? No wonder you are always defending IPOB here. So much proud ignorance is a sign of handicap.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Athemisia: 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Loverofpeace:
America cannot build Common Rocket engine so much for world power... grin grin something Nigeria can do.
They do. But Russian rocket engineers are much stronger.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by mrvitalis(m): 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Buliwyf:

How can one person be this ignorant? No wonder you are always defending IPOB here. So much proud ignorance is a sign of handicap.
Name one space station without Russia input ...just one abeg
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Bigchristo: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
etokhana:

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-699203
this news is a fake new those companies mentioned are owned by both US and British citizens, The oneweb os owned by British Bartis Enterprises, while Aerospace is owned by US California guy called Steve Isakowitz nothing connects Russia and these companies Abeg make una nor Dey give us fake news

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Emmyxclusive: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
Philipmems:

It's unfortunate hypocrites like you that hide behind religion is so myopic that you can't see beyond your nose. Silicone valley is the home of technology, Elon musk and his peers has revolutionized space technology, if you are dumb enough to think that Russia not collaborating with the US for their rocket engine technology has any effect on the US, then you are clearly not a critical thinker as I expect from fake religious fanatics.
With your commitment to religion and all the pastors and churches in Nigeria, can you explain to the world why Nigeria is not flowing with milk and honey as promised for God's people in the Bible?
don't mind those anti American guys. Some many people on nairaland are not aware of recent events. Space x which is an American company buit the first ever reusable rocket. America can just give the contract to its private companies
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by IMAliyu(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Oga, Russia is responsible for making the space Station float.
How so?
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by gawu1: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
Fly on Broom...No be witchcraft be that?
grin grin grin grin
Make dem com to Africa. We get different engine wey go serve dem.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Athemisia: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
tctrills:

Russia does not own nor did they build the international space station

A partnership between European countries (represented by ESA), the United States (NASA), Japan (JAXA), Canada (CSA), and Russia (Roscosmos), the International Space Station is the world's largest international cooperative program in science and technology.
True.. very correct.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Triplerg: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Ode. 80% of the international space station was built by the US.
You dey mind the idiot? Local man wants to claim he knows international politics, but see how he casts himself here.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Buliwyf: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:

Name one space station without Russia input ...just one abeg

How many space stations are there in the world right now? That you are asking me to name one without Russian input as if there are 50 of them.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JohnBullMySon: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
tunjilana:

You are mistaking, America with Americans...

Let me explain what I mean.

When it comes to space discovery, Russians have been very advanced, they were the first to put a man on space. America actually played catch up on that.

Back to my first statement, excessive capitalism is America biggest problem...They started the computer revolution and led the first set of innovations in IT but the businessmen and funders got greedy and sought ways to get things done cheaper (without any consideration for IP and overall transfer of knowledge) today most of the beautiful things in IT are largely done by chinese(Hardware) and Indians(software) but by American/America owned companies....If push comes to shove and world war breaks out...u will be shocked that the indians and chinese running big tech companies in America and their partners in India and china will change allegiance and you will really need those Americans without traceable dual heritage to get things done and u have little of them.....
Chinese (Not just China, Asia) are making circuits for America because it's cheaper to have them do it rather than having it done in America.

As for the Indians and Software. That's not true. Most extremely brilliant indians end up in US corporations so two or three eventually reach the top. But what of the thousands of American software engineers in several companies?

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by planetx: 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
Two can play that game, since I have been watching Russia Today (RT) I have had a more balanced view of the conflict than I was getting from the lying ass Western Media. Very soon the Europeans would wish they had never allowed the Americans stampede them into this self hurting sanctions, by the time Russia cut off their gas supplies they will know what time it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Jeromejnr(m): 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
IMAliyu:

How so?

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Reference(m): 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:

Russia built it first station in 1971 Salyut 1
It's out of pity they shared it with the world by helping to build iss no body can build a space station without mother Russia go and research

Haba Oga, have you heard of Skylab in the early 70's.

C'mon. A country that has gone to the moon 6 times (no other nation can and no other nation will in our lifetime)
A country that has 1,300 out of the 2,500 satellites in space with Elon Musk pumping more into the heavens at will.
The country that has sent 12 probes to Mars, the only country to have sent probes to all the planets in the solar system including two to the Sun and with their partners in the ESA I can go on and on and on.

Oga. As far as space is concerned Russia cannot hold a candle where America is today. They were ahead in the 50's, but as soon as Kennedy lit the torch with his famous speech in 1962 America has disappeared over the hill and gone far, far away. Russia today are just the water carriers for more serious countries seeking space exploration and science advancement. All their key scientists are in the West.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Athemisia: 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
gawu1:

grin grin grin grin
Make dem com to Africa. We get different engine wey go serve dem.
U.S have their own engines but Russia rocket engines are more powerful.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Liebermantic: 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:
I was waiting for this ...next is to kick them out of the international space station

Maybe, you haven't heard about SpaceX and Blue Origin.. Russia is technologically dead

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Obesity(m): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
Pariah state still trying to create relevance grin grin
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Teaser4(m): 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
One mor0n said na America invent internet, I don’t laff taya here….nairaland ooooooo … everybody na analysts here ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by alabo1: 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Most of ISS parts were built in the US.

As for the use of Russian rockets to send astronauts to ISS. you're right but remember that it was because the Space shuttle used prior to that was retired because it was aging. So it was a logistic issue not because America was too dumb to have their own rockets.

Most of the ISS being built in America is wrong. The modules for each country were built in America, Moscow, Germany, Japan and Canada respectively.

My point is the core technology for propulsion,life support etc were of Russian origin based on their experience with the MIR station. Peace
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JetStar: 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:

Rubbish. Elon Musk has been R and D'ing engines for space craft. He even made them reusable. USA can do it and make it cost less.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Neddyogu(m): 6:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
Svlla:
Did you say 80% built by the US?

Hahaha ha the first module(Zarya) for the ISS was built by the Russians and the life support which is the 3rd module was also build by the Russians. America has just 8 modules and the solar arrays of the whole modules (components) used in assembling the ISS

The ISS has 2 segment
America(NASA) has near 80% control of their own segment USOS which they share with Europe (ESA) Canada (CSA) Japan (JAXA)

Russia (ROSCOSMOS) controls the other segment ROS

Pls do a little research next time, na small data e go take @bolded got me roflmao. People feel Uncle Sam got it all. Dem no know say La Rus na boss of bosses. Capo tuti cappi

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Lagosianswag: 6:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
Righteousness2:
The ridicule on Nomerica is too much

This is what happens when an individual or Nation Blessed, advanced and Powered by GOD , turns his/her back on GOD!

grin

Pray Tell, Which Country Perfectly Serves God?

I have never had any course to quote you, but this ignorance has to be curtailed before you self-destruct.
FYI more than half of the likes you're getting from this topic are from those with anti-western agenda and the rest is from ignorant folks like you charting a self-destructive course. undecided

You stand to gain little to nothing from the Domination of the Eastern Slavic State of Russia.

Before You Re-colonize Yourself, My South East Brother Please Think Twice!!!

Religion is Just One of The Tools Used In World Politics, POWER is the Endgame.

#BeWise. #EmpowerYourMind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) / Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Donald Trump’s Inauguration Invitation Card + Full Timetable Of Events.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.