Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Juju Scare In Aso Rock! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Juju Scare In Aso Rock! (8282 Views)

Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House / Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event / Bomb Scare In Awka, Anambra State According To STV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by HighChief4(m): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan is ill at ease at the moment. Inside sources in the country's seat of power the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja confided in National Daily that the number one citizen does not know whom to trust any longer. Reports indicated that the President is suspecting the possibility of some 'unexpectedly' highly influential guests using charms better known as Juju or native African fetish spell on him.

The President, aides disclosed, began to be suspicious when he noticed that he always become drained of physical strength, in other words he gets tired or exhausted unnecessarily after visits from certain guests. President Jonathan, they ventured, often experience body weakness, which he himself has found very strange.

Unexpected guests
What makes the matter worse is that most of these visitors were not the ones on schedule list; they are people whom his close associates and aides smuggled into the daily visitors' roster to have a word or two with him, most bordering on favours. These important people were ones who had already wormed their ways into the President's men's heart through monetary or juicy gifts.

The thinking is that these people must have come prepared with charms in form of incantations or totems which they believed are needed to swing the President's decision in their favour. So the drain of physical strength from the President is seen as the aftermath effect of the charm used on him.
A sad twist to the unwholesome development is that some close aides and officials working in Aso Rock or in the government are believed to be neck deep in the act.

Sources revealed that on several occasions, the President might have suddenly grown suspicious of an official's attitude to work and might have even deemed it fit to query or replace the person, but once it leaks out and the person hears, such a person will go home to reinforce using traditional means and before long, there is a sudden turn of event.

The President forgets his earlier observations, and even discovered later to his chagrin that a cozy relationship has developed between the person and himself. At present, officials in Aso Rock Villa have resorted to prayers every morning the get to work in order to cleanse their offices and rid the whole place of undue influence of the occult.
African malaise?

The use of charms, juju or African talisman was once part of the culture of the tribes that make up Nigeria; it is often associated with the country's traditional culture. Two religions, Christianity and Islam have however eroded dependence on this aspect of the people of this country's culture to an extent but the fact is that belief and the use of charms is still much prevalent remains.

It is widely acknowledged that most African elites use religion as smokescreen to hide their deep-seated juju dabbling, they use Christianity or Islam as a smokescreen while engaged in occultism and diabolical acts.
Nigerian leaders such as military President, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida and Late Head of State, Gen. Ibrahim Abacha were reported to have resorted to inviting Juju-men or Marabout into Aso Rock Villa for special spiritual sessions. Late President Umaru Musa Yra'Adua at the height of his illness was reported to have engaged in some consultations too.

The most recent public outburst of such an occurrence from the country's seat of power was the verbal exchange of accusations between, former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his deputy, Vice-President Atiku Abubakar towards the twilight of their administration.
Obasanjo accused his estranged deputy of wishing him dead and consulting Islamic holy men on the date of his demise.

Obasanjo said the vice president had told a former minister: "Don't worry, the president will be dead soon."
Atiku Abubakar denied the charges, saying Obasanjo's mind was full of "the cobwebs of juju or occult".
The pair fell out when Abubakar opposed the president's efforts to stay in office for a third term.
Speaking about the feud between him and his deputy on national television, Obasanjo said Abubakar had told a minister that he had been consulting a marabout (holy man).
Obasanjo who was forced to standing down after two terms, revealed that Abubakar told the minister: "So the same marabout has told me that I will be President when this man (Obasanjo) dies and had given me a month that he will die, you better prepare."

Obasanjo said the alleged comments showed his rival's "bankruptcy of ideas, bankruptcy of knowledge and lack of knowledge in God and the affairs of God on the lives of human beings".
He added: "If I will live for another 20 years, it is in the hands of God. I am not afraid of such stupidity. Of course, I know that you can be poisoned but if God wants to save you, you will be saved."
The then vice-president dismissed the president's accusations as "bizarre and ludicrous".
"Unlike Obasanjo who uses Christianity as a smokescreen while engaged in occultism and diabolical acts, I am a devout Muslim who has always striven to live in accordance with the teachings of Islam,” Atiku fired back in a statement.

"The next occupant of the State House (presidential villa) will need to spiritually cleanse the presidential lodge to make it habitable for normal people.

"I don't believe in resorting to marabout and have never wished the president dead. Rather, it is the president who has been hell-bent on eliminating me politically and physically.
"By making public accusations of fetish acts against me, the president has exposed his own mindset as one that is covered in the cobwebs of juju or occult.
"It is on record that the president had never in the past denied his association with deadly secret societies." Abubakar declared.

Analysts informed National Daily regarding the matter that in Africa's cultural and development context, it is not strange that Nigerian former President Olusegun Obasanjo should accuse his deputy, Atiku Abubakar, of craving to kill him through the dreaded juju spell. Obasanjo's claims that Atiku has been “consulting Islamic holy men on the date of his demise,” reflects the unrefined elements within the African culture that wait to be polished for progress.
"Don't worry, the president will be dead soon," a juju medium was said to have told Atiku.

Dabbling in juju weakens the rulers' ability to totally rationalize developmental problems on the ground. As the Obasanjo and Atiku row demonstrates, juju and other such practices not only weaken trust, a key ingredient in national development, but also undermine "national morality, because they are based on irrational spirit power," they opined.

They noted that for the sustainable development of Africa, it is healthy that African elites re-think the relationship between their culture and progress, especially how to refine the inhibitions within their culture to facilitate progress, as the Europeans did during their enlightenment struggles in their development process.

http://www.nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6013:juju-scare-in-aso-rock&catid=99:current-cover&Itemid=489
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by HighChief4(m): 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2011
My uncle with Shell complained of the samething and it seems one particular tribe is known for this act. Why in your working place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by na2day(m): 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2011
angry We really are in trouble in 9ja!
No wonder the president has become a rubberstamp to all nigerian looters.
His mind so messed up u wonder when he'd grow a brain and a spine.
Shior!
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by Mtnaija(f): 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2011
I knew it! Looking for scape goat for his utter failure.
Buhari & CPC must be behind this potent. I thoght he belongs to the great fraternity of Ogboni?
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by danjohn: 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2011
I do not believe in Juju.  I just do not believe in it.  When you believe that a problem is caused by spiritual forces, it infringes on your ability to come up with rational and objective solutions.  For example this story talks about how appointments are added to the President's schedule at the last minute.  Has there been any conversation about whether the President is overworked or whether he needs to do more exercise in order to have more stamina?  They speak about how the President is forgetful.  How he forgets to reprimand members of his staff when needed.  Can these be early signs of dementia?  These are questions that educated people should ask. 

People need to stop jumping into Juju conclusions without even exploring other possibilities.  When the British came to Nigeria, they had machine guns and we had Juju and evil forests.  Well, we know who won that fight.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by redsun(m): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2011
This why nigeria is a complete failure,the role models are 98 percent completely deluded and irresponsible.Not having a basic clue of human and natural mechanisms around them.

How can people operate without knowing what it is all about?
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by Kasiem2: 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2011
@highchief,
That particular tribe can never do away with charms, cos of the fetish nature of their culture.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by md4real(m): 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2011
this guy is fuken cueless. i hope this is not a spin story to justify his position
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by redsun(m): 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2011
Don't get me wrong there are strong hallucinating and poisonous plants and herbs ot there in african bush,that when put together by an expert could be highly dangerous but that is as far as they go, Juju is an illusion like christianity and islam but more practical .
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by amarilo: 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2011
Let him create minister of Babalawo then to counter the treat of them niggers.

Nigeria is finished. from Bomb to Juju what next.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by Shimao(m): 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2011
Abegi! Make Mr. President go do medical checkup. He's always looked hypothyroid to me. The stress of the office is bringing it to the fore.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2011
Juju ko,egungun ni.faith-less human being !
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by Gekko(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2011
they should keep red bull on ice close to the prez at all times   wink  If you take one look at most of our leaders you can tell that can't bust a gut considering all their unhealthy indulgences.   undecided
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by say4gunit(m): 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2011
Mt.naija:

I knew it! Looking for scape goat for his utter failure.
Buhari & CPC must be behind this potent. I thoght he belongs to the great fraternity of Ogboni?
u dey reason well so? Wetin bring Buhari join?
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by MaiSuya(m): 12:56am On Jun 29, 2011
Special advisers on juju matters. . .
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by airmark(m): 1:08am On Jun 29, 2011
Kasiem2:

@highchief,
That particular tribe can never do away with charms, cos of the fetish nature of their culture.

You mean Igbo land? Is it because of Okija ? Don't let them catch you o.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by HighChief4(m): 1:33am On Jun 29, 2011
^^^You cannot afford to pretend as if you dont know what am talking about.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by phuckNL: 1:36am On Jun 29, 2011
Why is it that we attribute everything to juju
What if the president's illnesses or whatever have to do with his lack of physical fitness. I believe the average life span in Nigeria is somewhere around 41-49.
People need to take care of themselves more and stop blaming the effects of obesity (pounded yam belly) and being out of shape on JUJU
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by obowunmi(m): 1:54am On Jun 29, 2011
Jonathan is not a leader. Juju ko, Juju ni. Why doesn't juju work on the white man and the Chinese ? Olodo President
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by kandiikane(m): 2:17am On Jun 29, 2011
I am sure there is a scientific explanation.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by dayokanu(m): 3:51am On Jun 29, 2011
I knew it

Something has to be responsible for odechukwus cluelessness.

Its JUJU, Juju ko, Fuji ni
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by donwilz(m): 4:00am On Jun 29, 2011
in as much as dis is derailing off topic, calling Jonathan Odechukwu is bad cos odechukwu means Idiotic God, mind ur languages, ignorance is no excuse.

Jona work and stop bringing up excuses, we elected u to serve and not telling us rubbish about juju, and who the Bleep mentioned Igbo's as the cause,,, stoopid Nlanders
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by dayokanu(m): 4:31am On Jun 29, 2011
Ok So Odechukwu is bad, Ok lets call him Abdulmumu, Ade-clueless or Reetardeen
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by White007(m): 4:43am On Jun 29, 2011
^^^Lwkmd. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by EkoIle1: 4:48am On Jun 29, 2011
Shouldn't Odechukwu go see his Doctor instead of peddling ignorant juju nonsense?

Dude is useless anyways,
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by toks2009: 4:48am On Jun 29, 2011
Its not about Juju from outside but its about the juju which seems to be emeshed in the foundation of Aso villa.

I'm begining to suspect that there may just be something wrong with the foundation of Aso villa. I believe if the seat of power is moved away from that aso rock,we will have productive presidents.

Since that Aso villa was built i have noticed that no president has ever gone in there and made a positive impact in the real sense so its not about JUju from outside but i believe that Juju resides in aso rock.

Thank GOD Abdusallam Abubarker's wife refused to move to Aso rock and that was why we had a hand over from military as she was seriously pressing her husband to hand over power, a  great woman of substance who was never intoxicated by power and was not influenced by Aso juju.

So in my opinion,the seat of power must be moved from Aso rock if we must have a productive president.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by Osama10(m): 4:59am On Jun 29, 2011
This is so funny. grin
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by shilling(f): 6:12am On Jun 29, 2011
This is hilarious. I believe in juju, but in this case I recommend getting a physical exam and not blaming juju.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by kinguwem: 7:04am On Jun 29, 2011
Lets pray for the President and the wellbeing of the country. Nigeria must develop.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 29, 2011
airmark:

You mean Igbo land? Is it because of Okija ? Don't let them catch you o.
High_Chief:

^^^You cannot afford to pretend as if you dont know what am talking about.

Lwkmd.maybe ibo people have been jazzing jonathan to get favour from him since they rigged massively for him,hence must reap the fruit of their labour.
shilling:

This is hilarious. I believe in juju, but in this case I recommend getting a physical exam and not blaming juju.
I dont believe in juju.All jonathan need is a concortion of Opa eyin and Awoka + Alomo bitters.
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by success4(m): 7:15am On Jun 29, 2011
who forced him to contest for the post?
He never see anything! LMAO

The souls of unemployed youths are HUNTING him,  roflmao
Re: Juju Scare In Aso Rock! by Andrew3(m): 7:20am On Jun 29, 2011
what u believe u receive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun / Senate Talks Hot On How To Tackle Youth Unemployment, Poverty, Poor Education / Shocking Videos Showing Fulani And Oyigbo Indigenes Fighting - Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.