Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions (31136 Views)

Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions / Japan Criticize Russian Withdrawal From WW2 Peace Treaty Talks Over Sanctions / Russia Threatens To Destroy 32 Nato Satellites To Cripple Missile Systems (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by pyyxxaro: 4:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Xi Jinping and Kim jong un make una join the war na and scatter Europe and America

This is the time to test your powers
Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Basheer22: 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ikem11:
Lol the day the west will understand Russia mind is when they finally take over Ukraine. All these sanctions they will lift it by force

Go help them lift it since you're in a hurry

1 Like

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Teaser4(m): 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

You sanction them, they sanction you back

Let Putin turn off Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline to Europe, let's see if Europe without Electricity powered by gas turbines are better than Nigerians without power

nah the real counter sanction be that, he’s busy bombing Ukraine, when he’s done, the whole European economy go feel the heat… like this psquare song “”Do me I do you”

15 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Mooh247: 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
Teaser4:
nah the real counter sanction be that, he’s busy bombing Ukraine, when he’s done, the whole European economy go feel the heat… like this psquare song “”Do me I do you”

grin

When gas supply don cut and their light don reduce.... Na to go sell I better pass my neighbour generator to Europeans go sure pass

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by ken6488(m): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
EyezofGod120:
grin na wetin USA dey look for be dat,,make russia do any slight mistake,dem go turn dem to ashes grin
you think Russia is Libya?

3 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by ken6488(m): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
Teaser4:
exactly let him take Ukraine first
Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by ken6488(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
Once Russia takes Ukraine he will answer the west

1 Like

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by phenase(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
Since they are sanctioning anything from Russia. SO BE IT grin grin grin
Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Gentlegirl1(f): 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
That's a good one
Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by neuf(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
must be hard being a puppet at this time.... Grabbing on straws just to feel good.

Las Las una go dey alright
Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by angelfallz(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
https://www.quora.com/Whos-winning-Ukraine-or-Russia/answer/Paul-Denlinger?ch=15&oid=341949069&share=35048d7e&srid=uT7V2k&target_type=answer

Who's winning, Ukraine or Russia?
In times like this, it helps me to look back to get perspective.

In 1989, there were the Tiananmen demonstrations in Beijing, where students called for western-style freedom and democracy, and urged Deng Xiaoping and the Chinese Communist Party to relinquish power.

The most famous image from that time is the image of tank man, the individual who became a symbol for so many people in the west of the desire among ordinary Chinese for freedom and democracy.

The whole world outside China sided with this one individual. Following the events of June 4, sanctions were imposed on the Chinese government; some of these are still in place, such as the US and EU arms embargoes against the Chinese government. For years, the Chinese economy slowed down. Deng Xiaoping called on Chinese to continue to go about their lives. In 1992, he visited southern China and Shenzhen to encourage business and trade with the rest of the world. Slowly, the economy picked up. Today, China has the largest economy in the world.

Who won: the Western media and western values of freedom and democracy? Or was it the Chinese Communist Party?

I would say that it was the Chinese Communist Party which rode out all the criticism and embargoes coming from all directions, and got on with the business of modernizing China. The people who made the most noise and predicted its downfall lost.

In 2019, there were severe demonstrations and arson in Hong Kong, with many of Hong Kong’s youth calling for Hong Kong to become independent of China, or even becoming a British colony again. They repudiated their own Chinese heritage, and fully embraced Western values of freedom and democracy, and called on the US government to intervene on their behalf. Western non-government organizations (NGOs) gave financial support to these demonstrators which made it difficult for many people to go to work. The Hong Kong government was helpless in dealing with the demonstrations.

The Western media again embraced these Hong Kong demonstrators as a symbol for how the people of Hong Kong and ordinary Chinese wanted freedom and democracy so that they could elect their own political leaders, just as they are elected in the west.

The Chinese government in Beijing passed a National Security Law for Hong Kong; the Hong Kong government had been unable to pass this since Hong Kong was returned to the PRC in 1997 because of local opposition. With the passage of the National Security Law, Beijing was able to send security personnel to Hong Kong to provide support to the Hong Kong police in apprehending demonstrators, and in putting the leaders on trial.

Today, in 2022, there are no more demonstrations in Hong Kong, and people are able to commute to their daily jobs without fear. The National Security Law has made clear that calling for overseas support against the Chinese government is illegal. Some Hong Kong people who do not like this law are emigrating to western countries. But the majority of people in HK have chosen to stay, and are just quietly getting on with their lives.

Most people in the Western media have forgotten about these Hong Kong demonstrations, because now they are focused on what is happening in Ukraine.

Here are the lessons I have learned, and how I apply them to the Russia/Ukraine dispute:

Issues are complicated, and most people don’t have the patience to understand all the contributing factors. Instead they embrace their own emotions and images. But often these are not real, because politics and international relations are about raw power, not emotions.
The stronger the initial reaction, the more quickly it is forgotten. People have short attention spans, and they are getting shorter;
Sanctions work until the nations and companies applying the sanctions review their profit and loss statements at the end of the quarter. Then they start wondering;
The western media has a stranglehold on western audiences because they like to focus on human interest stories with victims. How can anyone not sympathize with a Ukraine mother who loses her 9 year-old daughter who was shot by a Russian soldier? Doesn’t that show how evil Putin is? What more needs to be discussed?
The people and politicians who win in the end are the ones who take the long view and can ride out a tough situation, and don’t let the media frenzy distract them. Who was in charge in China in 1989? The Chinese Communist Party. Who is in charge in China in 2022? The Chinese Communist Party. I am not saying that they are good or bad, but they certainly know how to ride out a tough situation without getting distracted by western media noise.
Putin was a KGB colonel stationed in East Germany when the Berlin Wall came down. He has ruled Russia after the collapse of the USSR, and when it went through a decade of chaos before it gradually rebuilt its economy and society. Setting aside what you think of him personally, he is a tough person who has seen a lot more than any other western politician, and has had to survive these challenges.

China’s Xi Jinping is also a tough character; he was sent to a village for seven years where he had to clean latrines, among other tasks, for seven years. Do you know any western politicians or media personalities who had to do this? I don’t.

I believe that the close personal bond between Putin and Xi is based on the fact that both have had to deal with huge personal challenges, and they came out winning in the end. They understand that patience wins in the end, not what other people, especially the western media, say about them.

Right now, Ukraine’s President Zelenskyy is doing all he can to stay in front of the western media and win sympathy for Ukraine. Most in the west denounce Putin for his policy, and he is largely staying out of public view. Most people in the West are convinced that Putin is insane.

Putin is toughing things out, while western governments and the media are trying to land a knockout blow against Russia.

But Russia has had to deal with very tough situations before, and they came out as winners, just as the Chinese Communist Party has in China.

If my observations about China apply, Putin will come out the winner in the end, even though he will suffer in the short-term and will never be accepted in the West. But that doesn’t matter, because in the end, it is what Russians think of him which is most important.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Pastorsmile: 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
All these aren't going to stop the almighty Putin.
The only language he understands is war to dominate.
He's got something up his sleeves, by the time he done, the west would have been brought down on their knees.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by mrvitalis(m): 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
RichDad1:
Retaliation time. Interesting days ahead.
Personally, I think the world would cope without Russia. However, not sure Russia can cope without majority of the rest of the world.
China ,India parkistain ,Mexico ,Brazil ,middle East are cool with Russia that's more than have of the world ...stop making western Europe and America look like the world

13 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by GloriousGbola: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hello, I'm Elon musk and I have a rocket to sell you.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by uniquetechng: 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

You sanction them, they sanction you back

Let Putin turn off Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline to Europe, let's see if Europe without Electricity powered by gas turbines are better than normal Nigerians without power shouting up NEPA

Let's see if they can withstand winter cold without Russian gas

And you think Europe didnt think this through before dishing out sanctions Netherlands is actually alternative to Russia for gas.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by damiloladuke: 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
before nko
Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Betscoreodds: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
EyezofGod120:
grin na wetin USA dey look for be dat,,make russia do any slight mistake,dem go turn dem to ashes grin

CNN fake news media has made you to become addicted to lies you can't think for yourself you don't even understand again how powerful Russia is... You don't know whatever USA has Russia has it almost times two..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Hamzashaf99(f): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Drama everywhere. All of this is just power play.

1 Like

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by maasoap(m): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
EyezofGod120:

USA go turn Russia to dust? Go back to sleep. I hope we don't see MAD one day. And I hope you know what that means.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Mooh247: 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2022
uniquetechng:
And you think Europe didnt think this through before dishing out sanctions Netherlands is actually alternative to Russia for gas.

Netherlands plus Qatar and even if they run a gas pipeline from Africa, can't meet the demands of Nord Stream 1 25 million European household supply

Already prices of gas are up accross Europe and their leaders keep calming people down that it is the sacrifice they need to make for Ukrainians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
RichDad1:
Retaliation time. Interesting days ahead.
Personally, I think the world would cope without Russia. However, not sure Russia can cope without majority of the rest of the world.
Russia will cope and thrive. But it will be difficult. They already have the foundation they need. Talk about tech. They may even profit from it. Thier billionaires will realize how important it is to keep thier money and investment base at home.

9 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by Help2020: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Useless Democrats have been planning to cripple Russia for years now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yDaaE6WuG4
Do you knw she can sue you for this video?

2 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by RichDad1(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
mrvitalis:

China ,India parkistain ,Mexico ,Brazil ,middle East are cool with Russia that's more than have of the world ...stop making western Europe and America look like the world
Those mention are not up to “half of the world” besides, Western Europe and America are not the only Russian business interests that are not cool with this war.

1 Like

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by uniquetechng: 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
Teaser4:
Russian economy depends on its gas export so cutting off the Nord 1 stream will afdect Russia more, remember China is the 5th biggest gas producer in the world and domestic gas supply account for 65% of their annual gas consumption so China cant rescue Russia in this instance.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by DoggoneDogg: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
This one is over the heads of our Nairaland war analysts and strategists that's why page 1 calm grin grin

What it simply says is that the West rely on Russia to transport their satellites to space. Now that they have sanctioned Russia, Russia has refused to transport their satellites to space so they are stranded.

I'm sure CNN never told you that US & co uses Russian rockets to go to space. The next available option is China. grin

Imagine banning your benefactor.
These people stupid die.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by seunny4lif(m): 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy
We need am oooh
Nigerians can't be suffering alone cheesy cheesy
Mooh247:

grin

When gas supply don cut and their light don reduce.... Na to go sell I better pass my neighbour generator to Europeans go sure pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by uniquetechng: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Mooh247:

Netherlands plus Qatar and even if they run a gas pipeline from Africa, can't meet the demands of Nord Stream 1 25 million European household supply

Already prices of gas are up accross Europe and their leaders keep calming people down that it is the sacrifice they need to make for Ukrainians
Nord 1 stream only account for 40% of gas supply to Europe, Europe is working on alternatives already. Germany has stopped the Nord 2 pipeline, so the situation wont favour Russia no matter how you look at it.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions by jesmond3945: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
abobote:
This war must see the end of power drunked Putin
you think if putin dies russian power ends? Lol. Russian power is bigger than one individual. Have you not heard of medved? Very ruthless.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Duduzane, Jacob Zuma's Son Differs From Father By Launching Pro-Gay Party (PICS) / Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) / Russian Plane Crashes On Its Way To Syria. 9 Journalists, 83 Others Aboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.