Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? (8852 Views)

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? / 6-Year Degree Program Or Professional Courses, Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

I'll be brief. Pls pardon any typos, am not good in writing.

Like the topic implies, I'm confused on which to learn between Auto repair and Content writing.

I'll be turning 22 this month and am yet to enter the university due to lack of funds. With the help of God, it's been my mum alone catering for I and my little sis(She'll be 15 this year) since my dad left some 12 years ago.

So, recently I've decided to acquire a skill Auto repair commonly known as Mechanic cum Generator repair if time permits. I really want to acquire the both skills, but the problem is that most people don't like the idea of the former whenever I let them know my intention. Some are saying it's very hard to learn and would take me a long time(minimum of 4 yrs) to know my onions, while others are saying that I'll be very dark a few months along the line being that am light skinned, but none of these seems to deter me a bit. I love the idea of going under to fix cars. I've thought of every other skill, but non interests me like mechanic. �

Secondly, I see people on this forum advising young fellows to learn online skills for financial freedom and I think I have a thing for writing, I seriously want to write on Amazon KDP, but I don't think I can make a good writer because I can't really express myself through writing or tell a story the way it happened, the little I learned was from here. I see there are a lot of bosses in the field(My regards to ILegendd, HeloisHay, ladywriter and the rest).

TBH, I have lots of interesting stories which I think will sell in the KDP space, but I don't really know how to go about it. I'm afraid I will flop in the writing field, but also strongly believe I can get better in a short while.

So this makes me to ask, Pls which should I choose between online(Content writing) and offline(Auto repair) skill? And kindly give your reason. I'll be reading from the comments. Thanks.

I'll be elated if the mods can help move this thread to FP.

You need to be smart. When choosing a career.

If I were you, I would combine both. For auto repairs, look at breaking into working for rich people. What do rich people want? Three areas:

1. Look into opportunities in Diesel engines long lorries - those ones used for oil and haulage. Look at diagnostic. How to detect problems.

2. Look into cutting electronic keys. You will work with importers of vehicles. Boys are cashing out in Tin Can Ispand. I think this is the cheapest to break into.

Those are the two areas. If you go and lea4n normal car repairs, you will not like yourself..lol. Your customers are owners of 20 years old cars that will always want to price you down. And you also will want to find your way around. Lol. Most of those vehicles' replacement parts are hard to get except from China. Na wahala be that.

For Content Writing, try it out. If you arent good in it, there is nothing you can do. But if you.can get it done, you may end of not going for auto repairs cos it is so easy and easy cash always roll in. The challenge is getting yeye first job.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 4words: 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

Like the topic implies, I'm confused on which to learn between Auto repair and Content writing.

I'll be turning 22 this month and am yet to enter the university due to lack of funds. With the help of God, it's been my mum alone catering for I and my little sis(She'll be 15 this year) since my dad left some 12 years ago.

So, recently I've decided to acquire a skill Auto repair commonly known as Mechanic cum Generator repair if time permits. I really want to acquire the both skills, but the problem is that most people don't like the idea of the former whenever I let them know my intention. Some are saying it's very hard to learn and would take me a long time(minimum of 4 yrs) to know my onions, while others are saying that I'll be very dark a few months along the line being that am light skinned, but none of these seems to deter me a bit. I love the idea of going under to fix cars. I've thought of every other skill, but non interests me like mechanic. �

Secondly, I see people on this forum advising young fellows to learn online skills for financial freedom and I think I have a thing for writing, I seriously want to write on Amazon KDP, but I don't think I can make a good writer because I can't really express myself through writing or tell a story the way it happened, the little I learned was from here. I see there are a lot of bosses in the field(My regards to ILegendd, HeloisHay, ladywriter and the rest).

TBH, I have lots of interesting stories which I think will sell in the KDP space, but I don't really know how to go about it. I'm afraid I will flop in the writing field, but also strongly believe I can get better in a short while.

So this makes me to ask, Pls which should I choose between online(Content writing) and offline(Auto repair) skill? And kindly give your reason. I'll be reading from the comments. Thanks.

cry
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Mrkumareze(m): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mechanic is not an option for you, focus on the content writing, you can expand and have a brighter knowledge as you progress
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by samuelson06(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

You've just said you're not good in content writing. And there are some truth in what you've said. So, why do you still want to go into writing?

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by eedriyz(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
Do both... You can even become one of the baddest auto repair content writer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by house10s: 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
repair
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by unite4real: 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
Your intro says you are not good in writing. How do you think of content writing
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by HassanOloyede1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hi, if you want to know more about content writing DM Hassan using this link /h6dq7q

Bluezy13:

Good morning,
Please I have interest in Copywriting and content creation.
I would be grateful if you could put me through or refer me to someone who could put me through.
Thanks
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by HassanOloyede1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hi, if you want to know more about content writing DM Hassan on WhatsApp 08140648061

Bluezy13:

Good morning,
Please I have interest in Copywriting and content creation.
I would be grateful if you could put me through or refer me to someone who could put me through.
Thanks
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Osanoghodua1: 3:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
Go for both
Auto repair in the day time and Content at night.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by unite4real: 3:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

How do u go into writing when you already said you are not good in writing. You have to firstly be good then you specialize into content writing
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Perfectbeing(m): 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2022
I'm studying engineering in Abuja and I would love to learn how to repair cars.. In fact, I have always loved cars and machines since I was little that's the reason why I decided to study mechanical engineering.. If I could turn back the hands of time, I'd have opted for learning how to repair cars when my parents wanted all of us to learn a skill but instead I learnt barbing...

Any place where I can learn auto repair in Abuja.. Lemme be pursuing what I love before ASUU of FG head go calm down..??
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Zeel007: 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Lordswazz:
Both are good skills to acquire and nurture. However, I would recommend you choose content writing and KDP self-publishing. You don’t need to be a sage or have a wild imagination to make a living with content writing. Focus on non-fiction writing, where you can write “how-to” books. Provided you do good research before writing on a topic, you’ll be fine.

Additionally, you can offer your content writing skills for hire on Fiverr and Upwork. If you’re exceptionally gifted at multitasking, you can pair the content writing with the auto-repair training, where you learn auto repair during the day and write at night. However, nothing brings good results or turns fortunes for the better as fast as focus. Good luck!
why not teach the guy...he really needs your help
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by ololufemi: 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

I will suggest you learn both. Do not be in a hurry to disqualify any of them. Learning both will give you a clear advantage. As you develop your auto skill, you can provide contents on it and possibly have your own column which will help you in the long term.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Chigorkizz(m): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by fineboynl(m): 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
If you are learning how to repair Benz and big car you will become millionaire. But unfortunately you will not find a professional high tech to learn such. Except big cities like Lagos and Abuja.

Never make mistakes of learning commercial vehicle. They don't pay or maintain their vehicle. They top with road side oil and never replace anything that got bad as far as the vehicle is still moving.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by SmartGadgetz: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2022
My advice
- Do business
- Self-Publish
- Freelance as a content writer.

This advise is a sure bet to making a living quick through your business earnings, becoming better as a self-publisher and as a freelancer.

Lastly but not the least, narrow down your content writing topics to a particular niche for you to expertise and become sort-after when the niche needs contents. Good luck.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 4words: 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

Well i will suggest Content writing.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Emmanuel950(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

Bro, go for auto repair. Then build a blog an$ subsequently,a YouTube channel around auto repair starting from the day you started learning.

That way, you'll do two things that can earn you money in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Nfora: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
ololufemi:

I will suggest you learn both. Do not be in a hurry to disqualify any of them. Learning both will give you a clear advantage. As you develop your auto skill, you can provide contents on it and possibly have your own column which will help you in the long term.

Great advice.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Nfora: 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emmanuel950:

Bro, go for auto repair. Then build a blog an$ subsequently,a YouTube channel around auto repair starting from the day you started learning.

That way, you'll do two things that can earn you money in the long run.

Another great advice!
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by DeEagle(m): 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2022
If you can learn both, do that sir...
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by webincomeplus(m): 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by xandy84: 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
I have an advice for you bro. I have a Master's degree in education in US and also an associate degree in Diesel technology. I used to teach in trade school in Virginia and I quit on them cos I can double my earning working for myself. There is lots of money in auto repair, most especially heavy duty. I own my business and I charge $100 an hour, minimum of 2 hours to look at a truck. If you learn auto repair, most especially diesel side and you ever leave Naija today, job will be looking for you. As I am typing this message, people calling me to come look at their truck but I am not working today. Hit me up if you need some advice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Lordsagna: 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
Teaching job or photography?
I'm confused as ASUU is on strike
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
Brother if you real and want to study, I will help sponsor u to university. Especially because of your mother and ur future. Call me on 08058366726. God bless

3 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by N2B2: 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
Zeel007:
why not teach the guy...he really needs your help

He took time from schedule to impact good advice to someone he has never met. What more do you want? Haba.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by doncollino: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
Go for Autorepair. Content writing is easy to catch up. But if you go for content writing you might never master Autorepair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank Md Aigboje Aig-imoukhuede Curses Staff For Not Opening Account / Career Mistake To Avoid If Your Love Your Job / Would You Leave Paid Employment To Start A Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.