Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? (8850 Views)

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? / 6-Year Degree Program Or Professional Courses, Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by OlawaleBammie: 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Bro wait.... U mean u don do mecho before??
tensazangetsu20:
Go for content writing. I am telling you as a former mechanic. Nigerians don't have Shishi. Focus on the technical writing niche.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Leshyne(m): 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
Go with auto repair, you can still write for fun. Being a very good auto guy will serve u long term, besides you already having a cold feet in the literal world
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by HBB1(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
I personally know a mechanic that had 3 houses in Lagos.

2 on the Mainland, 1 in Lekki.

The one in Lekki should be worth about 500million.

He learnt his automechanic in the US, way back and set up shop in Lagos.

He had his break when he worked for some rich man who was into haulage.
Broken down trucks had to be fixed and it was he would go into those areas of the Nigerian highway (jungle) that no one else would dare...

Whatever time and wherever, he would go-- often being flown there in the process.

He veered into other things and stopped fixing vehicles ( long while back)

But he started from somewhere.

His Children all trained abroad...
All of them!

2 of them had Masters in 1 of the top Universities in the World.

They are all doing very well.
Young adults doing incredibly well.
If I mention their name, people in their industry will know them.

Their Dad started from working as a Mechanic.

If you love working on Cars, why not?

Even if you don't have the kind of aformentioned story, you will be hot cake if you travelled abroad.

Whatever you do, just be sure you enjoy it, so you don't end up miserable in life.

Forget what others think.

4 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Nvestor02: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
I suggested Content writer, apart from earning money, it change your reasoning and make you expose to the world.

I am currently a content writer, I am making it big....you can also earn a living there if you can stay indoor and work tirelessly inside your room.

3 Likes

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Austra4(m): 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Nvestor02:
I suggested Content writer, apart from earning money, it change your reasoning and make you expose to the world.

I am currently a content writer, I am making it big....you can also earn a living there if you can stay indoor and work tirelessly inside your room.
Please Can I have your contact, I need some guidance on how to make it big in content writing
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Zeel007: 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
N2B2:

He took time from schedule to impact good advice to someone he has never met. What more do you want? Haba.
and did I mention your name in the post? He might actually be skilled with the knowledge, that was why I quote him
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

I'll be brief. Pls pardon any typos, am not good in writing.

Like the topic implies, I'm confused on which to learn between Auto repair and Content writing.

I'll be turning 22 this month and am yet to enter the university due to lack of funds. With the help of God, it's been my mum alone catering for I and my little sis(She'll be 15 this year) since my dad left some 12 years ago.

So, recently I've decided to acquire a skill Auto repair commonly known as Mechanic cum Generator repair if time permits. I really want to acquire the both skills, but the problem is that most people don't like the idea of the former whenever I let them know my intention. Some are saying it's very hard to learn and would take me a long time(minimum of 4 yrs) to know my onions, while others are saying that I'll be very dark a few months along the line being that am light skinned, but none of these seems to deter me a bit. I love the idea of going under to fix cars. I've thought of every other skill, but non interests me like mechanic. �

Secondly, I see people on this forum advising young fellows to learn online skills for financial freedom and I think I have a thing for writing, I seriously want to write on Amazon KDP, but I don't think I can make a good writer because I can't really express myself through writing or tell a story the way it happened, the little I learned was from here. I see there are a lot of bosses in the field(My regards to ILegendd, HeloisHay, ladywriter and the rest).

TBH, I have lots of interesting stories which I think will sell in the KDP space, but I don't really know how to go about it. I'm afraid I will flop in the writing field, but also strongly believe I can get better in a short while.

So this makes me to ask, Pls which should I choose between online(Content writing) and offline(Auto repair) skill? And kindly give your reason. I'll be reading from the comments. Thanks.

I'll be elated if the mods can help move this thread to FP.

The decision is yours it is your life choose what you like and what you can cope with STOP LETTING PEOPLE MAKE DECISIONS FOR YOU. Don't be a human sheep.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Guideyoursoul: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
you cannot focus on 2 things at the same time

you should go for content writing. it is easier for you to learn and practice on your own

you may not make money at first, you just have to keep writing

you can write about autos, since you seem to have an interest in the niche, thereby setting yourself aside from other writers with no specified niche

you will learn a lot on the nairaland writers' section

salute

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Professorcplus(m): 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2022

04March22 Happy birthday in advance.

With due deligence, You might need to learn both online and offline skill for better chances and exposure.

But let me change your perception about certain posts.

First of all Contents writing isn't get quick money. You master the act with long time of consuming intellectual materials. And for you to venture into KDP, you have to have money to advertise and do ads or have a website, for your books to continue selling. This is why majority books contain links of author linking to their business/website to get more customers.

Truth anybody can write and publish on KDP in less than 5min which makes competition very high. It is more easier for early birds as of 2013 to 2020. Back are those days where people game the system with kpng reads. Amazon don wise now.

I'm sure you don't want to do long hours of research and writing, publish just to make few 0.9$ to 2.99$ and your book fade and goes to the bottom of ocean of Amazon book.

KDP is a business so you treat it like one and don't let anyone fool you to training by collecting your money. Easier teaching people than actually doing the work. Where what they will teach you is just 25%, 75% is into marketing.

Secondly, Auto mechanic in Nigeria is an occupation that requires hard effort and might exposes you to harsh working environment.

If you hope to work on a rich man car then be ready to tender job application with auto company.

Learning with road side machanic might might affect your psychology. You have to behave like one especially in cities like Lagos.

So what can you learn. It would be more easier if your single mum isn't putting pressure on you to fend for yourself. Then you have enough time to improve on any digital skills you choose.

If you want to learn mechanic, look for any reputable and professional ones and stick to any branch of speciality they are into.

Look at their working environment and how long has the person been into the skills. Look at the life standard that will determine how your future might be in coming years too.

Cheer ignore typo.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by phemmyfour: 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

Like the topic implies, I'm confused on which to learn between Auto repair and Content writing.

I'll be turning 22 this month and am yet to enter the university due to lack of funds. With the help of God, it's been my mum alone catering for I and my little sis(She'll be 15 this year) since my dad left some 12 years ago.

So, recently I've decided to acquire a skill Auto repair commonly known as Mechanic cum Generator repair if time permits. I really want to acquire the both skills, but the problem is that most people don't like the idea of the former whenever I let them know my intention. Some are saying it's very hard to learn and would take me a long time(minimum of 4 yrs) to know my onions, while others are saying that I'll be very dark a few months along the line being that am light skinned, but none of these seems to deter me a bit. I love the idea of going under to fix cars. I've thought of every other skill, but non interests me like mechanic. �

Secondly, I see people on this forum advising young fellows to learn online skills for financial freedom and I think I have a thing for writing, I seriously want to write on Amazon KDP, but I don't think I can make a good writer because I can't really express myself through writing or tell a story the way it happened, the little I learned was from here. I see there are a lot of bosses in the field(My regards to ILegendd, HeloisHay, ladywriter and the rest).

TBH, I have lots of interesting stories which I think will sell in the KDP space, but I don't really know how to go about it. I'm afraid I will flop in the writing field, but also strongly believe I can get better in a short while.

So this makes me to ask, Pls which should I choose between online(Content writing) and offline(Auto repair) skill? And kindly give your reason. I'll be reading from the comments. Thanks.

Go for auto repair...
Too many Kazeems in that field.....With content writing, you LL have to compete with the best of the best
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by brownskilo(m): 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
Either is fine.personally, I'd advise you go for solar installation and repair.we are gradually moving to renewable energy and guys in these fields are cashing out.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by N2B2: 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
Zeel007:
and did I mention your name in the post? He might actually be skilled with the knowledge, that was why I quote him

Did he mention your name in his post? Yet, you commented. He may be a skilled writer, but he's not obligated to teach at your "request".
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by AFONAMARO: 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Technical writing is a branch of content writing that focuses on tech. A lot of startups are looking to hire technical writers. If you are tech-savvy and can write well, it's a great field with a ton of prospects.

What would you suggest for a good storyteller with flair in fiction and nonfiction? I mean, how to get started and break even in content writing?
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Zeel007: 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
N2B2:

Did he mention your name in his post? Yet, you commented. He may be a skilled writer, but he's not obligated to teach at your "request".
ma su n ekun ni gba nor
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by N2B2: 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
Zeel007:
ma su n ekun ni gba nor

How primitive, but it's not unexpected.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by GIFxel: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

I need a content writer for a long-term project. Message me at noah . victor at aol . com (without spacing).
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
Evey tom dick an Harry just wanna give advice on nairaland. For your age and prospect learning auto mechanic is the best its easier to learn content writing from all works of life but it harder crossing to learn auto mechanic who say you can be wealthy being an auto mechanic check most road side mechanics did not go to school most educated mechanics open an auto workshop and we pay heavily for their knowledge.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by SmartyPants(m): 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
04March22:

Pls do you think this is achievable?

No, it is not.

Both require your focus unless you want to be good at one and mediocre at the other.

Content writing is not the easy gig that it used to be - it's super competitive now so if you don't want to work for peanuts, you need to be very good.

That takes time, and effort - not half-hearted scribbling after a long day under the hood of cars.

More importantly, you have to have a certain level of talent to start with.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by finnestdope(m): 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
I'm a content writer and I can tell you that it is very profitable.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
webincomeplus:

Send me an email (basicfreelance@gmail.com), and I'll send you a free copy of my ebook on how to make money as a freelance writer on Nigeria. It should help you immensely.

I will do that right away, Sir.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
xandy84:
I have an advice for you bro. I have a Master's degree in education in US and also an associate degree in Diesel technology. I used to teach in trade school in Virginia and I quit on them cos I can double my earning working for myself. There is lots of money in auto repair, most especially heavy duty. I own my business and I charge $100 an hour, minimum of 2 hours to look at a truck. If you learn auto repair, most especially diesel side and you ever leave Naija today, job will be looking for you. As I am typing this message, people calling me to come look at their truck but I am not working today. Hit me up if you need some advice.

To say I need your advise is an understatement.

Pls how can I reach you as I no longer have access to this email?

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by alizzyshire: 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
Well, for starters, I'd advise you go for both, however, it's not going to be very easy juggling the two, but since you'll be learning the mechanic for a while, writing alongside can be a huge benefit because you can still get money with any skill level you have right now.

You can upgrade your skill as you go.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mata0147:
Brother if you real and want to study, I will help sponsor u to university. Especially because of your mother and ur future. Call me on 08058366726. God bless

Greetings sir,

I am real and I want to study, sir. Please I will put a call across tomorrow morning. Thanks.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Professorcplus:

04March22 Happy birthday in advance.

With due deligence, You might need to learn both online and offline skill for better chances and exposure.

But let me change your perception about certain posts.

First of all Contents writing isn't get quick money. You master the act with long time of consuming intellectual materials. And for you to venture into KDP, you have to have money to advertise and do ads or have a website, for your books to continue selling. This is why majority books contain links of author linking to their business/website to get more customers.

Truth anybody can write and publish on KDP in less than 5min which makes competition very high. It is more easier for early birds as of 2013 to 2020. Back are those days where people game the system with kpng reads. Amazon don wise now.

I'm sure you don't want to do long hours of research and writing, publish just to make few 0.9$ to 2.99$ and your book fade and goes to the bottom of ocean of Amazon book.

KDP is a business so you treat it like one and don't let anyone fool you to training by collecting your money. Easier teaching people than actually doing the work. Where what they will teach you is just 25%, 75% is into marketing.

Secondly, Auto mechanic in Nigeria is an occupation that requires hard effort and might exposes you to harsh working environment.

If you hope to work on a rich man car then be ready to tender job application with auto company.

Learning with road side machanic might might affect your psychology. You have to behave like one especially in cities like Lagos.

So what can you learn. It would be more easier if your single mum isn't putting pressure on you to fend for yourself. Then you have enough time to improve on any digital skills you choose.

If you want to learn mechanic, look for any reputable and professional ones and stick to any branch of speciality they are into.

Look at their working environment and how long has the person been into the skills. Look at the life standard that will determine how your future might be in coming years too.

Cheer ignore typo.

Thanks a lot for this invaluable advise, sir. I really appreciate.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
SmartyPants:

No, it is not.

Both require your focus unless you want to be good at one and mediocre at the other.

Content writing is not the easy gig that it used to be - it's super competitive now so if you don't want to work for peanuts, you need to be very good.

That takes time, and effort - not half-hearted scribbling after a long day under the hood of cars.

More importantly, you have to have a certain level of talent to start with.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by Aaay: 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
Auto
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
Aaay:
Auto

Pls why do you say so?
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by 04March22: 11:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
@Uhreme
@beephresh

I saw your PM's, unfortunately I longer have access to this email. Please you can reach me at chemistrytechnologies@gmail.com or you can drop yours. I hope you understand.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by addren1(m): 7:31am On Mar 08, 2022
Believe me when I tell you that content writing will take you far in this present time because it is needed in digital marketing,copywriting and any online skill you can do at the comfort of your home.If you are really at content writing people will hire you to work for them and you'll earn cash... am saying this because am basically Into digital Marketing selling products online.
Re: Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? by DAVE5(m): 8:12am On Mar 08, 2022
04March22:
Greetings all,

Do what you love that gives you happiness in as much as it is good, mechanic is a very good profession if you have where you want to be, there are big names in the mechanic industry, those guys are rolling in serious money and I’m tryin to understand how being a mechanic would make someone dark cos that’s absolutely false, pay less attention to what people say man cos you won’t go far if you do.

I myself I’ve always wanted to do either mechanic work or gadget repair but I graduated as an accountant which was my first love but dreams changed when I saw I enjoy working on things like either gadgets or car, so after working for 6 years in an office, I quit my job and today I’m learning gadget repairs, already done learning laptops repair and game repair now I’m on phone repair skill acquisition and trust me, it makes my soul happy, I could have been in the car repair side of things but I chose the other.

Everything in life depends on where you see yourself: check out yianimize on YouTube, he’s a “mechanic” I guess

Content writing is good too and those are skills that could lead to the future, all in all, do what you love and have passion for cos that passion would keep you going, don’t limit yourself because you see other mechanics being dirty and acting raggidy, fvck what people say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank Md Aigboje Aig-imoukhuede Curses Staff For Not Opening Account / Career Mistake To Avoid If Your Love Your Job / Would You Leave Paid Employment To Start A Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.