Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,646 members, 7,823,831 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria (55451 Views)

Umahi Inspects Ebonyi International Airport, Promises To Complete It / Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) / Ebonyi International Airport: Umahi Inspects Terminal Building- Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2022
I am really impressed with this man

5 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Bayyajidda(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2022
anonimi:

Both of them are bad performers.
EOD

Then you shouldn't have quoted me, as I never named any one of them best performer?

1 Like

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
I really do not get this flyover thing
Are flyovers a sign of progress or development
Wike has been building flyovers upandan but I do not get it.

Why is that a good thing

3 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Waist of resources

1 Like

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Soso990240(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Randomgist:
Respect to this Governor. I wonder where he gets the money from that the rest of South East Governors cannot get from
All the Governors/state in Nigeria receives monthly allocation from the federal Government. While some Governors are wise by utilizing Majority of the money for infrastructures, the other Governors are busy stealing theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
LeoDeKing:
East still at the level of flyovers when other states are almost done with automation of transport system.

Anyway, Okezie Ikpeazu knows the east far better than I do and he has this to say:

Do you know what automation of transport system is or you just want to demonstrate dense behavior and ignorance on HD? which state in Nigeria has automated transport system We know Lagos doesn't so don't even go there.

5 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Though this is not bad but I expected Umahi to toe the paths of development process especially of Anambra state that tends majorly in human index development, sound education etc. Ebonyi state is probably the least developed eastern states and the most illiterate. They should overhaul the primary and secondary education system by making sure that children in rural villages have access to good education. I am really excited about his infrastructures but that is like taking the pattern of Northern states like Kano who ate bend to impress the society by building longest flyover, longest that but having the most illiterate society in Nigeria. Invest heavily in education, Agriculture and small research and not on these for now. In I actually applauded him for King David medical university but unfortunately, the cost of medicine there is as that of private university which defeats the aim of accessibility of the average Eboyians.
For example, the international cargo airport is actually not needed in Ebonyi state for now, I bet you it will be poorly utilized compared to Anambra airport. Fortunately, the few people that will even make use of it are most likely be Anambrarians.
Summary of what I am driving at is that he should HEAVILY LOOK INTO PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION FUNDING AND MASSIVE LITERACY PROG before the pattern of development of a SE is state be liken to a heavily illiterate NW like Kano.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Abujason: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
MrSensor:
must be named Buhari Fly-Over.

Don’t be surprised if that happens. Devil Umahi doing all he can to be named APC candidate.

1 Like

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by masseratti: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
Grgton:
Where is the traffic?? I thought flyover is built to contend traffic flow
i was wondering myself what it's flying over... Where is the road under or traffic... This is a bridge nau.

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by anonimi: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2022
Bayyajidda:
Then you shouldn't have quoted me, as I never named any one of them best performer?

You are such a terrible liar who needs more lessons from our misinformation minister.

Bayyajidda:
Shut it, your best performing Governor Zulum's state has only one flyover bridge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
This man is wicked, he is using projects to embarrass, oppress and bully his fellow governors.

Biggest airport in Africa
Biggest Flyover in Africa
Biggest Mall in Africa

And much more!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Mrtaye: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
anonimi:

Performance is now about number of flyovers?
Not about every child in government schools?
Not about water in every building?
Not about feeder good roads with clear gutters?
Don’t we truly deserve our hellish life
Oga I am Yoruba but give it to Umahi,all this you are mentioning no governor can rival Dave Umahi please truth be told I am from Abeokuta everything shouldn't be about politics but merit and I repeat no governor including your state governor can match Umahi

3 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by yemi1504: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
verybadmouth:
2023, we are celebrating flyovers. What a joke cowntry.

Abi na. The people really deserve their leaders! GSM is about the complete a very necessary one in Ibadan not all these ones and roads and pays Civil servants and retirees promptly and he is not shouting SMH.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by mex551(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2022
God bless you sir. What Ebonyi need most is what you just highlighted. Do you even know that Level 12 Teachers in Ebonyi earn less than 30k monthly.
I am telling you this because I am aware of this. Salaries of Tea6 are hardly paid in Ebonyi. Yet they are investing in this kind of projects.
wiseoneking:
Though this is not bad but I expected Umahi to toe the paths of development process especially of Anambra state that tends majorly in human index development, sound education etc. Ebonyi state is probably the least developed eastern states and the most illiterate. They should overhaul the primary and secondary education system by making sure that children in rural villages have access to good education. I am really excited about his infrastructures but that is like taking the pattern of Northern states like Kano who ate bend to impress the society by building longest flyover, longest that but having the most illiterate society in Nigeria. Invest heavily in education, Agriculture and small research and not on these for now. In I actually applauded him for King David medical university but unfortunately, the cost of medicine there is as that of private university which defeats the aim of accessibility of the average Eboyians.
For example, the international cargo airport is actually not needed in Ebonyi state for now, I bet you it will be poorly utilized compared to Anambra airport. Fortunately, the few people that will even make use of it are most likely be Anambrarians.
Summary of what I am driving at is that he should HEAVILY LOOK INTO PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION FUNDING AND MASSIVE LITERACY PROG before the pattern of development of a SE is state be liken to a heavily illiterate NW like Kano.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by anonimi: 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
Mrtaye:
Oga I am Yoruba but give it to Umahi,all this you are mentioning no governor can rival Dave Umahi please truth be told I am from Abeokuta everything shouldn't be about politics but merit and I repeat no governor including your state governor can match Umahi

What are you talking about?
How many people has he employed? Simple question. Can you answer?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2022
Almaigaa:
40 miters bridge is what this people are referring to as "long bridge," what will they say if they see bridges in Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Lagos, Ogun, PH. grin grin cheesy
The last time I read, this is called the longest flyover and never longest bridge as in Lagos mainland bridge. They are two different things. Bridges are majorly across the water bodies but flyovers are not necessarily be across water bodies and it can be up to 3 or four above another as you have in places like Singapore, Israel, Dubai to mention but a few. Be the learner you are made to be and do not switch into teaching without knowledge.

8 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2022
Aswear any space he sees he builds a flyover grin
LILTJAY1:
Flyover everywere grin

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by mex551(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2022
GenBuhari:
This man is wicked, he is using projects to embarrass, oppress and bully his fellow governors.

Biggest airport in Africa
Biggest Flyover in Africa
Biggest Mall in Africa

And much more!
how many persons live in Ebonyl? How many has cars? Is there really a traffic problem in Ebonyi? Thought projects are supposed to solve problems? Why not try to build and develop Agriculture where Ebonyi has comparative advantage in the production of Rice and Yam? Abeg leave these misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by ultimateprof: 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Dave Umahi should serve as minister of works coming 2023 if he will not become Nigeria president by 2023.

4 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by yemi1504: 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
mex551:
God bless you sir. What Ebonyi need most is what you just highlighted. Do you even know that Level 12 Teachers in Ebonyi earn less than 30k monthly.
I am telling you this because I am aware of this. Salaries of Tea6 are hardly paid in Ebonyi. Yet they are investing in this kind of projects.

You see what I am saying! A governor is not only paying teachers, but other civil servants and even retirees and still constructing and finishing roads but he is not shouting his achievements while this Governor has turned himself to Buhari-lite that invests in infrastructure at the expense of people's welfare SMH. The people really deserve their leaders indeed! I for one will not be campaigning for any presidential candidate in 2023 but showing who I voted for for posterity sake since I now know the kind of people I am trying to sell my candidate to SMH.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Mrtaye: 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
anonimi:

What are you talking about?
How many people has he employed? Simple question. Can you answer?
Don't worry he will announce it

1 Like

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Deltatoto: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
4ckyou:

I wish Edo state can borrow him, we need all this infrastructures in Edo
the witches and wizard in edo will Jill him if he tries to render a helping hand.Edo state has the highest number of witches in Africa.I know you are Witch pls don’t kill me
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by 4ckyou: 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2022
Deltatoto:
the witches and wizard in edo will Jill him if he tries to render a helping hand.Edo state has the highest number of witches in Africa.I know you are Witch pls don’t kill me

lmao, see you in your dream
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by meeky247: 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
He will be the next minister of works and transport. Mr project.

3 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by 4ckyou: 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
humility33:
I tell u Obaseki is just a disgrace
big one
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
Balkan:
Umahi is borrowing from from islamic bank who are financing his projects. By the time he finishes his term , Ebonyi land will be rugarized.
The man is the biggest fool in his life
The most foolish comment probably from a kid who knows nothing

By the way if ebonyi should accept ruga why wait for umahi's tenure to finish? Cause it's easier for ruga to happen in his tenure than after his tenure

4 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by aikyg(m): 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2022
Enugu state and Abia state governors need to go to this man's office for three months intensive lecture, from morning till night.

5 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by MEGAWATCH: 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
verybadmouth:
The structure to me looks weak. I hope it will stand the test of time. Fear eebo man

Hahahaha, you are a true son of a Yoruba man with a Yoruba blood. The envy you have for the Igbos did not start from you, it started in the time of your grandfather Awolowo and it later cost him his presidency, I hope this your generation will learn from him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
What problem is this flyover solving other than his election funding?

Yet another white elephant project designed solely to enrich himself
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2022
Biko we need to borrow him for Anambra state we have suffered with a drunkard as governor for 8 good years Even the roads surrounding the governors lodge are full with potholes so you can imagine. Whilst terrorist are imposing sit at home and overunning the state he remains in his drunken stupor. Abeg Umahi should be loaned to us first.
humility33:

I tell u Obaseki is just a disgrace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Omodua(m): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2022
Tomek09:
The Executive Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman SouthEast Governor's Forum, Chief Engr David Nweze (FNSE), this weekend inspects the construction of the longest flyover in the history of SouthEast and Nigeria at large.

The Iyere flyover is among the over 15 flyover bridges flagged off and commissioned by the Umahi led administration.

The governor noted that infrastructural development is key and top on the priority of his government and equally reiterates his commitment towards completing ongoing projects before handover date in 2023.

#Iyereflyover
#Ebonyistate
#Umahifinishingstrong
Bloody Liar. Just want to deceive the people so that he could garner their vote. Which fund is he getting the money to execute the project. He lost my respect when he could not speak on crisis ravaging the Land because he didn't want to offend the feudal establishment. Lily livered man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Train Passes Directly Through A 19 Storey Residential Building In China / Dangote Is Building Roads Across Nigeria; See Some Of Them (PHOTOS) / Second Niger Bridge Opens To Traffic Tomorrow, Fashola Does Final Inspection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.