Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,034 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria (55453 Views)

Umahi Inspects Ebonyi International Airport, Promises To Complete It / Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) / Ebonyi International Airport: Umahi Inspects Terminal Building- Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by BoBiafra(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2022
system21:

Olumo and his agboro in lagos has done just that. No state in Nigeria is as backward as South west in terms of transportation, you guys can only deceive those who are not traveling out of their state

You are right.

Fulani Are Turning Yoruba Into Third-Class Citizens —Gani Adams

Benefits of the ""cum "from there Fulani slave masters ;Your leaders have no anus left;they have been in bed with their Fulani slave masters;ass licking ;bursting asses; since time immemorial.
Capital moved from Calabar to Lagos .
Ports (made ;Lagos central port) .
They use there; commoners as pawn .
I beg ;don don tear dem leaders; yansh pata pata.
Licky !Licky !! Anus
Everywhere.
Tufiakwa.

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Sheggy13(m): 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
This guy is working well, even with the meager revenue Ebonyi gets from the FG.
Seriously, this is what I like about him even though I'm not from the South East. This is a state that is not oil producing like Abia and Imo with idiots as governors, a state with meagre revenue and yet Umahi is in his second term when most governors tend to be complacent but he isn't and has commissioned 15 flyovers, not owing salaries in small Ebonyi that is meant to be the poorest state in the South-East. This is what only visionary leadership can produce. It's people like these that should be talking about becoming President.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobelwinner: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2022
Hello OP
Please, where precisely is it sited?

Awkabigboy:
i have passed through this mountainous place in Edda on my way to Ohafia in Abia state. This bridge is well needed. It will prevent the accidents on the top of that hill. Infact Abia people stand to benefit as much as Ebonyi people because it will make going to Abribra, Ohafia and Arochukwu to either calabar or Enugu easier
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2022
OreMI22:

Hehehe...lol....fulani guy preaching against Islam? grin

Abeg, let Umahi borrow from Islamic bank and improve the lives of Ebonyians! After all, [s]many Ebonyians are practicing good Muslims.
[/s]
By the way, the dispute in Nigeria WAS NEVER and HAS NEVER been about religion. Its just a tribe in Nigeria that wanted to hide under Islam to dispossess others of their land.

A Nigerian practicing whatever faith they like can live with other Nigerians. AS LONG AS HE DOES NOT GO INTO THE BUSH TO ANNEX LARGE SWATHES OF FARMLAND AND CALL IT A "RUGA-CALIPHATE"
This una Igbo Muslims claims only exist on Nairaland.

Like you will tour the whole SouthEast yet you won't see a single Igbo Muslim faithful abi dem dey hide dey practice am??

If you still check many mosques across Igboland, na still aboki and mallam you go see there.

Make una just end this Igbo Muslim narrative abeg.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by anonimi: 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2022
SmartPolician:
How is a state government supposed to give jobs, please? This mentality is the reason all states' civil service is bloated with workers who do nothing but chew gums and discuss politics and sports in the office every morning.

Even though they are the most unproductive people, you dare not owe their salaries. Most of them don't even come to work but ask for salaries every month. Salaries for doing what exactly?

What governors do is to build capacity and create enabling environment for businesses to thrive. Governors have no business creating jobs, unless there is employment gap in the state civil service.

How will the governors do all these without an adequate civil service
Is there no gap in the civil service of our 36 states and 774 LGAs? Are they still the same ratio to the population as in the 1970s and 1960s? Are all government works done as in the past?

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sheggy13:

Seriously, this is what I like about him even though I'm not from the South East. This is a state that is not oil producing like Abia and Imo with idiots as governors, a state with meagre revenue and yet Umahi is in his second term when most governors tend to be complacent but he isn't and has commissioned 15 flyovers, not owing salaries in small Ebonyi that is meant to be the poorest state in the South-East. This is what only visionary leadership can produce. It's people like these that should be talking about becoming President.
Imo governor is improving on roads construction. Uzodinma is still better than Ikpeazu.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Ebubu2: 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
GenBuhari:
He doesn't engage expensive foreign construction companies and uses direct labour so he is able to complete projects at a tiny fraction of the normal cost . If you see some of his mega projects he uses bamboo instead of expensive scaffolding rods and he uses human labour where others are hiring or buying expensive machinery.
You’ve said it all. I’m an Ebonyian and you’ve exactly described how he builds his projects. Moreover Ebonyi has enormous limestone so that material for labor is very cheap for him to access coupled with cheap laborers and cheap machinery. No foreign contractor to collect millions of dollars.

This was how china started till they revolutionalozed their country, by doing all engineering works the local way.

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Ebubu2: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
Artisticity1:

I can tell you this... This is the best tructure you can get from any sitting governor. Dave doesn't take shit. In as much as I hate him for his cruelty to workers but as a civil engineer who have worked in some of his contracts, I tell you this... It is at its Ultimum strength.
you talk am well

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by anonimi: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Please try to do fact findings before commenting. That man is basically the best of these sets of govs that will be going with buhari. How much is ebonyi getting that this man is using to work, from university of medical science, to international market to international airport to computer village to several road projects with meagre resources.
He has created enough employment

How many teachers has he employed and how much did it change the ratio of teachers to students in schools? How has the number of children in government schools changed?
Can you please answer

1 Like

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2022
Eastcaostboy:
None in Enugu State isn't the same allocation or is Ebonyi own in dollers
Enugu politics and style of governance tire me. There's nothing going on there. The State is just a shadow of itself.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Ebubu2: 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
anonimi:

How many teachers has he employed and how much did it change the ratio of teachers to students in schools? How has the number of children in government schools changed?
Can you please answer
he is employing thousands of civil servants by the end of August this year.

You get?
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
anonimi:

Can you please answer
Next government will key and invest in Education. It's never too late for that.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by anonimi: 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
Ebubu2:
He is employing over 10,000 civil servants by the end of 2nd quarter of this 2022; that is by the end of august.

Employment into the civil service should be annual, to replace retired workers and keep pace with the population growth and increased revenue.
Why has he not done that

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nice one, hopefully the quality of the bridge will not be tampered with.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
Abia State governor follow for Nigerian governors so? I no understand at all
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by SmartPolician: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
anonimi:

How will the governors do all these without an adequate civil service
Is there no gap in the civil service of our 36 states and 774 LGAs? Are they still the same ratio to the population as in the 1970s and 1960s? Are all government works done as in the past?

I don't understand your argument.
Don't ask me questions.
Just state facts and I will come up with my own facts.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by stacyadams: 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sheggy13:

God bless u
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Awkabigboy: 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nobelwinner:
Hello OP
Please, where precisely is it sited?

Ugwu iyere from Ebunwana edda going to Ekoli/Nguzu Edda to Abia state junction

1 Like

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by ariesbull: 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
Tomek09:

Co-ask
I just Taya for their bragging
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by ariesbull: 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sheggy13:

abịa and ịmo is even producing small.. What about useless states like Delta, Bayelsa, Ondo, Edo that is producing higher oil....

You can see the quantum of stupidity there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
Randomgist:
Respect to this Governor. I wonder where he gets the money from that the rest of South East Governors cannot get from

The rest are embezzling their state funds.

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Charly68: 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
Ebonyi is lucky to have you as their Governor .. keep flying sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by LILTJAY1: 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
MEGAWATCH:

Hahahaha, you are a true son of a Yoruba man with a Yoruba blood. The envy you have for the Igbos did not start from you, it started in the time of your grandfather Awolowo and it later cost him his presidency, I hope this your generation will learn from him.
can you list 5 things igbos have that anybody should be envious of?
Your time starts now
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
No wonder Governor Wike is also trying to increase the number of flyover in Port Harcourt. It is like Competition. He wants to overtake him.

Meanwhile, governance is much more than infrastructural development. Governors should think of how to build industries also to create jobs for our graduates.

In addition, they should build low cost housing estates to make it easier for civil servants to rent houses.

They should build more markets with cheap shops for people to sell their goods.

Loans should be made available to those who have good business ideas.

Our public schools should be given attention so that those who can't afford to pay high school fees in private schools can attend.

Health care service should also be improved upon.

We need a government that has a broad vision and allocate funds for different areas of needs and not limit it to just flyovers or road constructions.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nwiboazubuike(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
Grgton:
Where is the traffic?? I thought flyover is built to contend traffic flow
bro that place is hilly, there is a curve there and it causes accidents to vehicle because of the backwards gravitational movement, that flyover now is to help vehicles pass straight to avert that curve instead of going uphill not really for traffic that's why is the longest

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nwiboazubuike(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
Tomek09:

This una Igbo Muslims claims only exist on Nairaland.

Like you will tour the whole SouthEast yet you won't see a single Igbo Muslim faithful abi dem dey hide dey practice am??

If you still check many mosques across Igboland, na still aboki and mallam you go see there.Bro you lie in south east ebonyi State has the highest indigenous moslims, come to enohia Etim in Afikpo north local government that's where u will locate the Islamic world about more than 40%of the igbo indigenes in that community are moslims

Make una just end this Igbo Muslim narrative abeg.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
[s]
IKBARUTEN11:
Dave is overrated.

I'm one of those overrating him
[/s]
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
ariesbull:
abịa and ịmo is even producing small.. What about useless states like Delta, Bayelsa, Ondo, Edo that is producing higher oil....

You can see the quantum of stupidity there
Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Edo are just useless despite huge funds they are receiving from the central government. Fools
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nwiboazubuike:
bro that place is hilly, there is a curve there and it causes accidents to vehicle because of the backwards gravitational movement, that flyover now is to help vehicles pass straight to avert that curve instead of going uphill not really for traffic that's why is the longest
Don't mind them. Every flyover is to ease traffic. Very funny.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
LeoDeKing:
East still at the level of flyovers when other states are almost done with automation of transport system.

Anyway, Okezie Ikpeazu knows the east far better than I do and he has this to say:

See this pharisee ?

NE just got it's first flyover last year- it hasn't experienced a war,

Ogun has more abandoned flyovers than completed ones. Many states in this country have no flyover so it reeks of jealous hypocrisy to state the above.

By the way, which state in Nigeria has automated it's transport system

2 Likes

Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 05, 2022
Limestone is a component of cement, do you think he is using it to reduce the cost of buying cement?
Ebubu2:
You’ve said it all. I’m an Ebonyian and you’ve exactly described how he builds his projects. Moreover Ebonyi has enormous limestone so that material for labor is very cheap for him to access coupled with cheap laborers and cheap machinery. No foreign contractor to collect millions of dollars.

This was how china started till they revolutionalized their country, by doing all engineering works the local way.
Re: Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria by Ttooyy12345: 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
Can someone show this to the 3 credit in
WAEC governor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Train Passes Directly Through A 19 Storey Residential Building In China / Dangote Is Building Roads Across Nigeria; See Some Of Them (PHOTOS) / Second Niger Bridge Opens To Traffic Tomorrow, Fashola Does Final Inspection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.