Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? (15328 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Cuteobi(f): 10:25am On Jun 30, 2011
I have been a stay at home mom for 7 freaking yrs cos he wants me to take care of the kids till a certain age.trust me,its not fun and its not as if SOB dey drop wella
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Cuteobi(f): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2011
Baxilexi:

firstly, like someone said earlier on. . . house manager and not housewife.

i do not support idleness but people have to look beyond the stigma that defines a stayhome moms as a liability and see her as an all in one super-

assistant, who deserves to be paid a salary. simple house manager math. Driver(take kids to school, movies etc) + cook + laundry person + house keeper = stay home mother + wife.

Secondly, I'd like to correct some misconceptions. . . "African men don wise up" we have always been the wiser, that's why in Germany and some

other countries their governments are paying parents to raise kids, men especially.

Also the fundamentals of a child's life are as a result of the initial grooming received by the nurturing parent in most cases the mother. a brilliant

child is as a result of a mom that groomed the kid to be so + genetics (that is where your degree comes into play). i believe nature and nurture are as a result of maternal influence and not the school or daycare.

Researches on malbehaviour in kids and teens has proven that this is as a result of bad/lack of parenting.

ladies this is for you, the so called "mommies boy" title coined to most men was a result of women who took out/sacrifice their time to raise this

kids. (tertiary point, lol)

As for the certificates/degrees, its never wasted, i know alot of young ladies have been polarized by this issue, but believe me you, education is not seen in a job but the person., and the beauty of it is when it can be passed on. Africans are still not fully convalescent of slave trade times, you graduate with an impeccable performance, only to end up behind a desk working under someone. Every heard of entrepreneur??

men
quit being lazy and man up to your responsibilities, nature didnt make man and woman 50-50, so stop looking for a wife that would pay 6months

rent while you pay the other, or get the 3d television while you get the sound system and d shades.

and my grand standing. . . it is your reality everyone else is just an actor, so play it out well.
Wel said Baxilexieve me you, education is not seen in a job but the person., and the beauty of it is when it can be passed on. Africans are still not fully convalescent of slave trade times, you graduate with an impeccable performance, only to end up behind a desk working under someone. Every heard of entrepreneur??

men
quit being lazy and man up to your responsibilities, nature didnt make man and woman 50-50, so stop looking for a wife that would pay 6months

rent while you pay the other, or get the 3d television while you get the sound system and d shades.

and my grand standing. . . it is your reality everyone else is just an actor, so play it out well.
[quote][/quote]
Wel said Baxilexi
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by DaDoctor: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2011
^^^^ A few intelligent post have been noted ^^^^^
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by indie22(f): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2011
As iice said, 'to each his own'.

Although my bf and i live in thesame town, we both have very demanding jobs and always feel like we do not get to spend quality time together because of the nature of our jobs, he keeps telling me and i totally agree with him, 'when we get married, and start to have kids, something has to give and we will have to do something about it'.

I totally agree with him and would gladly get a less paying and less demanding job or even try my sharpen my enterpreneural skills, just to be able to have enough time for my family, its really about what you want and what works for you.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Ywbuzi(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2011
its kinda confusing cos i would love a lady that will challenge me but not an obsessive irritant,
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by saintohia: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2011
Sweetest Wife,

Please, what's your stake on this?

I'm waiting for your response.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by sylve11: 10:56am On Jun 30, 2011
Baxilexi:

i do not support idleness but people have to look beyond the stigma that defines a stayhome moms as a liability and see her as an all in one super-

assistant, who deserves to be paid a salary. simple house manager math. Driver(take kids to school, movies etc) + cook + laundry person + house keeper = stay home mother + wife.

Secondly, I'd like to correct some misconceptions. . . "African men don wise up" we have always been the wiser, that's why in Germany and some

other countries their governments are paying parents to raise kids, men especially.

Also the fundamentals of a child's life are as a result of the initial grooming received by the nurturing parent in most cases the mother. a brilliant

child is as a result of a mom that groomed the kid to be so + genetics (that is where your degree comes into play). i believe nature and nurture are as a result of maternal influence and not the school or daycare.

Researches on malbehaviour in kids and teens has proven that this is as a result of bad/lack of parenting.

ladies this is for you, the so called "mommies boy" title coined to most men was a result of women who took out/sacrifice their time to raise this

As for the certificates/degrees, its never wasted, i know alot of young ladies have been polarized by this issue, but believe me you, education is not seen in a job but the person., and the beauty of it is when it can be passed on. Africans are still not fully convalescent of slave trade times, you graduate with an impeccable performance, only to end up behind a desk working under someone. Every heard of entrepreneur??

men

well said. smiley cool
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by DaDoctor: 10:57am On Jun 30, 2011
^^ ALL OF THE ABOVE IS BETTER EXPERIMENTED  FOR FACTUALITY^^^

Some are just here airing their prejudices/and mis/pre- conceptions

'Enter the place'.Ttaste and you would believe
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by kunlej2: 11:01am On Jun 30, 2011
an elder woman once told me "it is better to take your mind off work when you begin to have children as a woman becos, their failure in the future lies in your hand"
omen are constantly associated with failure when children are involved (fails)
so why not spent the time to train them now and get something to do later
behold the woman that told me this was a retired bank manager

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by arizona145(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2011
THERE IS NO MAN ON EARTH THAT WOULD PREFER TO MARRY A HOUZ WIFE COZ THEY ARE LIABILITIES. TWO HEADS ARE REALLY BETTER THAN ONE AND FOR THAT REASON, BOTH SHOULD GO OUT EACH AND EVERY WORKING DAYS AND STRIVE TO MAKE BOTH ENDZ MEET. WE EVEN HOUZ MEN THESE DAYS(they stay @ home playing draft, whot and ludo while the woman of the houz works) THIS SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED:
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by iice(f): 11:44am On Jun 30, 2011
Da Doctor:

And you are doing what exactly?

Sneering and airing your prejudice about how people view their life with themselves in it.
Are you living their life? Have you walked in anybody's shoes besides your own? Who is to say we can't air our conceptions of what we want or hope our lives to be?

If you want to make sense. . .try actually making the sense.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by luro(f): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
Arizona:
we are what we say there fore let us speak our minds in wisdom.
no women you love an choose to marry is a liability, like wise men.he who finds a virtuous women obtaineth favour from the Lord.
Education is accessible any day anytime,but a women who chooses to care for her family a women who chooses to invest her time in building a home
that women is a gift from GOD and what this world lacks.

men an women, avoid being fooled by the materials of this world!they offer temporary pleasure an instill greed,GODs laws never change thou we may evolve.
as a women i am his helper, not a replica but his help. there are certain things men will never do as well as we women do lik wise we women will never be men.
Personally i don see myself staying home an doing nothing, cause in all honesty men are attracted by the idea of a women who does things for herself, be it its financial mental physical etc men are creatures of power, all types of power pleases them. having said that, i myself are a sucker for development, its very gratifying to able to achieve your desired goals But if it come priorities my family comes first, and i can gladly give up anything for that.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by luro(f): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2011
Blaxilexi : well said my friend
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Mcleo007(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2011
house wife my foot, a working class lady all the way. Don't want some woman pose as my wife, yet my own got more swag than her. tongue
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by kemisuga(f): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
Everybody to deir own opinion.

Some men actually tell deir wives to resign and become house mistress.
I hav a frend who always hav miscarriages cos of stress at work, her hubby told her to stop work and stay home.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Igosun: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2011
For where house what? why did i go school am a very independent woman my hubby knows i dont disturb but how can i be "a house wife" when i have kids,sibling to take care of abi se make i kill my husband with bring! bring !! bring ni!!!.

Nba working class all the way.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by carnal: 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2011
from my own experience, she had babies first in two years afta marriage
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2011
ok. nice points of view here.

but why did people spend their time, energy and resources to educate the girl child when all she will use the damn degree for is sell omo and biscuits and raise children? western education is not required for all that.
so the only reason u pple want to go to school is so as to tell folks who see u in wrapper that you are actually educated?

secondly, the man should be entirely responsible for the financial dodo. noble logic. i am a firm believer too.
so what happened to the equality bu,llshyte? its ok for u to spend ur day watching africa magic whilst mumu goes a hustling?
and since broz will be the sole breadwinner, what happens when the bread dont follow him home?
ur stoopid arse will be the first to start misyarnin no?
hunger and deprivation na bad thing oo.

small business u say? those women with the common sense and acumen to successfully run a business will hav already started and be doing well ever before marrying any man. lazy twunts with absolutely no clues just keep tonking their foolish hubbies money away in the name of shops and small biz, examples litter the streets around us.

abeg good luck to you. You will get ur so richhusband who will encourage u to stay idle o. when he goes broke or dies u begin to whine and hustle for property and will. na dat time we will hear evil inlaws.

home?
ur stoopid arse will be the first to start misyarnin no?
hunger and deprivation na bad thing oo.

small business u say? those women with the common sense and acumen to successfully run a business will hav already started and be doing well ever before marrying any man. lazy twunts with absolutely no clues just keep tonking their foolish hubbies money away in the name of shops and small biz, examples litter the streets around us.

abeg good luck to you. You will get ur so richhusband who will encourage u to stay idle o. when he goes broke or dies u begin to whine and hustle for property and will. na dat time we will hear evil inlaws.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by iice(f): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2011
kemisuga:

Everybody to deir own opinion.

Some men actually tell deir wives to resign and become house mistress.
I hav a frend who always hav miscarriages cos of stress at work, her hubby told her to stop work and stay home.

I know someone like that too. And it's ok for them.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by DaDoctor: 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2011
@iice,
Grammar dey hard you to understand? even as a mod?
Na wa o!!!

i simply took a bow my dear, respecting all opinion and taking to those that had stint of pragma, cos i am of the pragmatic school of tot.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by iice(f): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2011
Da Doctor:

^^^^  A few intelligent post have been noted ^^^^^

Da Doctor:

Yes we can see your pragmatic post.
Nothing to understand in grammar.  Even as a mod.  By becoming one, i transcended the plane of simple english.  Yes. . .i see the pragmatism in that.  Indeed

Well some words mean something else despite the tone.  Uhuh. . .righhhht.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by ogospec(f): 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
Ladies if you are already a graduate please try to get something doing before going to the altar because immediately you say "I DO" you have no option except if the guy is very connected to get you a job or he is well to do, to set up a benefitting business for you , PLEASE NEVER BE A HOUSE CONSUMER (house wife) pls strive to be a HOUSE CONTRIBUTOR OR MANAGER,
guys please do away with the mentality that house chores are made for wives and waifs alone, these are the people who believe that women education end up in kitchen, helpmates (husband and wife) are helper to them selves in every thing that pertain to marriage.
IN A NUTSHELL I STRONGLY AGAINST WIFE RELYING ON THEIR HUSBAND FOR EVERY FINANCIAL ASPECT OF THE FAMILY AND MEN LIVING ALL THE HOUSE WORK FOR THE WIFE,[color=#006600][/color] THANKS.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by DeepSoul(f): 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2011
Like some1 said earlier, any man that cannot live up to the responsibility of taking care of his family's needs is NOT worthy to be called a MAN.

It is the man's PRIMARY responsibility to ensure that his wife and children are taken care of. Only LAZY men will disagree with me.

That being said, I CANNOT be a housewife/manager/administrator. Whoever I end up getting married to will have to see that as a PLUS rather than a criteria for being with me.

I do not support the theory that says women shouldn't have a source of income. But then, to each his own. Whatever works for you!

Men, if you have a woman who has a job and a source of income, thank God and see that as an ADDED BLESSING. It is not your RIGHT!
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by phillipe: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2011
She'd definitely be a house wife in the first 10 years of our marriage so as for her to raise the Kids Properly.
After that she can do whatever she likes maybe Business, Nursing or Teaching.
It Pays for the mother to raise the kids and not the house help, nanny or baby sitter
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Owugal(f): 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2011
Many women in Nigeria may want to become housewives, but will find themselves career women. but please whats wrong with being a college educated housewife? dont you realize that that makes for smarter kids? I mean its like having a college educated nanny who is even better than a nanny. I mean thats better than having a man obsessed ilitereate housegirl take care of the kids and teaching them that poverty is better than wealth like I remember our housemaids used to teach men when I was a kid which i imbibed and it hindered me because I struggled against it for so long wanting to be rich but thinking it was ungodly. thank god for all these prosperity churches, I dont know how I would have defeated that mindset. please. a college educated woman to raise smart kids, thats what the future of nigeria needs. smart women raising smart kids. taking care of children and a home is hard thats why we employ people to do it for us.
Any college educated woman who wants to be a housewife and whose husband accepts should go for it. I support her. and she is making the right decision. not all of us can work outside the home. some of us need to raise the nigerian einsteins of the future.
College educated housewife you are a gem. You are blessed and I give you praise.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by ronkebp(f): 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
In as much as i love money and working as a woman, am constantly thinking about my child at work, am all about my child, i want to know how he is fairing, what he eats, don't like any other person caring for him apart from me, but i gat to work, working does not really pay a woman, i think the womans' place is the home (and that is for the women that care 100% for the welfare of the kids and marraige). i DON'T MIND WORKING FROM HOME OOOO, as long as am with my bububus'.
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2011
I can see that some women are born lazy.

Why bother getting an education when you want to be a housewife, To be a housewife you dont need more than Primary 3 education just read and write so you wont give the children drugs meant for cats.

What happened to what a man can do a woman can do also?

You have kids, Kids go to school from 7am to 4pm what would she be doing in that time?

Washing plates of how many ppl, Cleaning? Even cleaning oyingbo market doesnt take 10hrs

Siddon there dey form Housewife, When your husband divorce you or kick you out you end up as a church rat without any marketable skills to make money. Those are the kind of women that their husband can cheat on and treat anyhow because they are financially dependent on the guy and cant survive on their own.

My mom had a full time job, raised 4 children took care of the family, she is still working right now and she is not dead, For a large part of her life she didnt even have a car so she either trekked or took public transport and we never had Househelps

God gave you a brain and 2 hands to work yet you prefewr to be housewives, Lazy people,

Those women that you see as executives and top career women, Dont they have children, Dont they have husband and family?

Diezani Alison Madueke, Margareth Thatcher, Kema Chikwe, Okonjo Iweala, Akunyili and top flying women, Did you think they dont have families?

Do they achieve what they did by tying wrappers to their chest every morning and watching African magic?

What message are such women passing to their daughters? That all you need to survive as a woman is to have a pucci and slave to another human being who has equal brains as you?
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by ifyalways(f): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Those women that you see as executives and top career women, Dont they have children, Dont they have husband and family?

Diezani Alison Madueke, Margareth Thatcher, Kema Chikwe, Okonjo Iweala, Akunyili and top flying women, Did you think they dont have families?

Do they achieve what they did by tying wrappers to their chest every morning and watching African magic?

What message are such women passing to their daughters? That all you need to survive as a woman is to have a pucci and slave to another human being who has equal brains as you?
They had house-husbands cheesy
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by yebizzle: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
i dont ever recall men asking to share the pregnancy tenure with their wives, or take care of the family every day of their lives.

wen God "punished" humans, he separated the job. but nowadays because of the laziness of men, women have to do it all. work same working hours as men and still try to keep the family together. men should thank God for creating women.

if am working i should work because i want to not to help bring something to the table. its your duty as a man to provide for your family. and stop dodging your responsibilities by saying a housewife is a liability, she is your responsibilty as well as your kids.

i am a lawyer and i dont get home after work till 8:30- 9pm and sumtimes as late as 10pm if have got a case,trust me once am married am looking for a job in a ministry or school  grin, woe betide the husband not to take care of me wink
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2011
Baxilexi:

men

he has said it all.

personally, i still won't stay at home, but if you and your husband can afford to have one parent stay home, then why not?
Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2011
Honestly, where are the real men? It's a man's responsibility to provide for his family. If you can't do that, remain single; better yet become g.AY
Deep Soul:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Like some1 said earlier, any man that cannot live up to the responsibility of taking care of his family's needs is NOT worthy to be called a MAN.

It is the man's PRIMARY responsibility to ensure that his wife and children are taken care of. Only LAZY men will disagree with me.

That being said, I CANNOT be a housewife/manager/administrator. Whoever I end up getting married to will have to see that as a PLUS rather than a criteria for being with me.

I do not support the theory that says women shouldn't have a source of income. But then, to each his own. Whatever works for you!

Men, if you have a woman who has a job and a source of income, thank God and see that as an [b]ADDED BLESSING. It is not your RIGHT![/[/b]font]

Re: Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? by ronkebp(f): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
dayokanu:

I can see that some women are born lazy.

Why bother getting an education when you want to be a housewife, To be a housewife you dont need more than Primary 3 education just read and write so you wont give the children drugs meant for cats.

What happened to what a man can do a woman can do also?

You have kids, Kids go to school from 7am to 4pm what would she be doing in that time?

Washing plates of how many ppl, Cleaning? Even cleaning oyingbo market doesnt take 10hrs

Siddon there dey form Housewife, When your husband divorce you or kick you out you end up as a church rat without any marketable skills to make money. Those are the kind of women that their husband can cheat on and treat anyhow because they are financially dependent on the guy and cant survive on their own.

My mom had a full time job, raised 4 children took care of the family, she is still working right now and she is not dead, For a large part of her life she didnt even have a car so she either trekked or took public transport and we never had Househelps

God gave you a brain and 2 hands to work yet you prefewr to be housewives, Lazy people,

Dayo, this is not about laziness, in as much as i understand all you are saying, but our mothers had help, my mum raised five of us and worked through raising us all with  helping hands from different house help and nannies that were afordable. Here in the States, na money, presently i have someone coming to my house to care for my child but na money, every two weeks i know how much am paying, moreover i feel as if my son is not being cared for as i would if i was home. Why are we working? is it not to compliment my husbands' income? If my husband is making alot and giving me enough, it would be a blessing for me to stay home and watch the child till he is upto school age, abi na immediately woman born pickin e dey go school, ? Infact, i don't mind working all thru if my husband decides to stay home iwth our child, no big deal, as long as one of us is doing it. Times have changed, kids need more care and better upbringing these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Money No Sex: Zimbabwean Wife Demands Money From Husband Before Having Sex / Abia Couple Who Had Three Stillbirths In 5 Years Finally Welcomes Baby [pix] / Is My Dad Taking Advantage Of Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.