Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace (72152 Views)

2023: Four Conditions Upon Which I Will Dump Obi For Tinubu / Tinubu Lists Four-Step Solution To Farmer-Herder Crisis / Obaseki Extends Olive Branch To Oshiomhole, Ize-iyamu; Says Fight Is Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Tonnierichy(m): 9:04am On Mar 08, 2022
naija4life247:

Are his current demands different from previous demands? Too many non thinking children on this Forum
Guy na illiterates full these place now. Nor disturb yourself. Gone are the days when nairaland was for adults and the learned.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by ALFADOS(m): 9:53am On Mar 08, 2022
seanfer:
If this is true then the heat is getting to Putin. Just last week He told Macron that he will not back down. Interesting days ahead
Where is the heat, where he give conditions that will favour him
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by NigeriaZoo: 11:27am On Mar 08, 2022
saintrow1:

Where is the heat?
Why can't you Nigerians just mind your fuvking business
With all the sanction on Cuba north Korea Iran etc they are still far Nigeria.
Year's ago turkey was under sanction, today they have the best defence industry in the world.
Just learn to shut the fuvk up

You are as DUMB as they come. The current sanctions in scope and impact are historical. This degree of sanctions has never been imposed on any country in recent memory. The whole world against Russia means Russia will lose and they are losing fast, both on the battle field and economically.

Remove the cobwebs from your brain.

Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by zomby(m): 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
saintrow1:

Where is the heat?
Why can't you Nigerians just mind your fuvking business
With all the sanction on Cuba north Korea Iran etc they are still far Nigeria.
Year's ago turkey was under sanction, today they have the best defence industry in the world.
Just learn to shut the fuvk up

I didn’t even know that we still have Nigerians this retardedddd….How can you compare sanctions in Cuba, Iran or Turkey to the sanctions imposed on Russia by the world

Let us keep things very simple: Do you even know that the Russian citizens are now mostly stuck in Russia? No flights, and no visas to other countries.
All the Russian super rich will not be visiting their mighty mansions around the world for many yrs.
No Import or export of goods…And there is more to come.

My prediction:
The sanctions will crumble Russia and then expose injured Putin as a weak leader…that is when the Russians will step up and go for his neck.
In a nutshell, Russians will be the ones to bring down Putin, not usa or nato… In fact, I think that is what Putin is scared of
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Christistruth00: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
With very Good Strategy and Tactics even Nigeria can defeat Russia , seriously

As long as the Politicians don’t bring their Tribal Schenanigans into the War to mess things up like they are presently doing with IPOB , Bandits and Boko Haram, Nigeria can defeat Russia

Honestly

If the Nigerian Army , Bandits, IPOB, and Boko Haram were all fighting against Russia together
Nigeria can defeat Russia in less than 6 Months

Seriously !
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by orisa37: 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
CONDITIONS UNACCEPTABLE.

PUTIN IS A RICH BRUTE, BULLY AND A BEAST.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by zomby(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
orisa37:
CONDITIONS UNACCEPTABLE.

PUTIN IS A RICH BRUTE, BULLY AND A BEAST.

That’s how to treat a bully; never negotiate.
I can assure you that at the moment, Putin is scared, concerned, frustrated and not sleeping well.
If NATO is successful in pulling China away from Russia (which I think will happen sooner or later), it means Putin is finished; his balls will be exposed, and then his own people will immediately go for his neck.

At the moment, his only strategy is to keep the pressure on by simply blowing up Ukraine…it doesn’t matter if the civilians are also taken down…Believe it or not targeting civilians during a war is a sign of desperation. Putin is desperate and frustrated…
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by zomby(m): 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
Christistruth00:

With very Good Strategy and Tactics even Nigeria can defeat Russia , seriously

As long as the Politicians don’t bring their Tribal Schenanigans into the War to mess things up like they are presently doing with IPOB , Bandits and Boko Haram, Nigeria can defeat Russia

Honestly

If the Nigerian Army , Bandits, IPOB, and Boko Haram were all fighting against Russia together
Nigeria can defeat Russia in less than 6 Months

Seriously !
I agree, this is possible only if the IPOB (the FlatHeadsss) doesn’t sell us. We all know how these folks behave when it comes to money…

1 Like

Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
True, they haven't done anything but wants to make their land a Nest for NATO to lay their eggs. Ukraine president is a SIMP and a feminist in nature. He can't be trusted.
A simp who refused to runaway?
A simp who stood up to an enemy 7 times bigger than him?

If Ukraine has not done anything against Russia, who then is the aggressor?
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by orisa37: 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
zomby:

That’s how to treat a bully; never negotiate.
I can assure you that at the moment, Putin is scared, concerned, frustrated and not sleeping well.
If NATO is successful in pulling China away from Russia (which I think will happen sooner or later), it means Putin is finished; his balls will be exposed, and then his own people will immediately go for his neck.

At the moment, his only strategy is to keep the pressure on by simply blowing up Ukraine…it doesn’t matter if the civilians are also taken down…Believe it or not targeting civilians during a war is a sign of desperation. Putin is desperate and frustrated…

COOOOORECT.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 6:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
Idiko1:

Stream of thought as postulated in the above post remains one of the reasons Africans are not regarded in anything around world. What about Ukraine and Self-Determination? Ukraine declared war on Donbas region because the region wanted independence. I watched as the international airport in Donetsk was razed to the ground. Where were the goons who now shout humanitarianism? The child who does not want his/her mother to get a sleep will never have a dream. Now, Ukraine is about to forgo its independence. What an irony.
It seems you don't know the history of how ethnic Russians happen to live in the so called Donbas regions. The civil war only got escalated when the separatists shot down a passenger plane. This separatist regions were SPONSORED by RUSSIA!

Its like France sponsoring Lagos to be an independent country: as Nigerians, youll just say, if Lagos want to form their own country, they should go!

How about Crimea? Who was behind the carve out of Crimea from Ukraine?
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

The bolded is false because Ukraine has been collecting huge support in the civil war against Donetsk and lohansk from US and UK

Crimea had a referendum on its own to leave Ukraine! Ukraine started a war Russia came in on request from Crimea and that settled that!

There was no time Russia interfered with Ukraine elections but in 2014 there was a coup in Ukraine with the aid of the west

Donetsk and lohansk wanted to leave Ukraine and join russia.ukraine choose war.Russia,France and Germany intervened in the crisis .please read about the Minsk 1 and Minsk 2 agreement.the agreement that Ukraine did not honor

Russia wants the good for itself and it's neighbours.it does not expect any of it's immediately neighbors to jeopardize its own security nau
Russia is a bully!
Their problem is with NATO and not Ukraine.

You are the President of Nigeria AND Kwara state decides to join Benin Republic, I'm sure you will just roll over and say: its their choice.

Your problem with USA or EU or NATO should not make you biased against the truth.
The fact that several THOUSAND volunteers are joining Ukraine in its defence means that it is YOU, several thousand kilometers away who don't understand the situation on ground.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by baralatie(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
TenQ:

Russia is a bully!
Their problem is with NATO and not Ukraine.

You are the President of Nigeria AND Kwara state decides to join Benin Republic, I'm sure you will just roll over and say: its their choice.

Your problem with USA or EU or NATO should not make you biased against the truth.
The fact that several THOUSAND volunteers are joining Ukraine in its defence means that it is YOU, several thousand kilometers away who don't understand the situation on ground.
I believe the zelensky has come to terms of the crisis and he is doing everything possible to making this war come to an end by meeting Putin!
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

According to the US statement it may claim so which wrong but according to Ukraine ambitions .the current leadership has continually made sure that admission to NATo is it's goal.ot has also made sure that it receive military funding aid from NATO countries to fund it's civil war which has run into 8 years!
Ukraine is a part of the agreement to have Russia be it's military allay for protection in the Minsk 1 and Minsk 2 .and the Budapest agreement
So this current Ukrainian stance was an error and has brought this war to fruitition

Someone has already posted the articles of agreement concerning what NATO signed with Russia.
So Ukraine authorities literally walked into this trouble
Did Ukraine sign any agreement with Russia?
If they didn't, then Russia is just being a bully.

Let Russia face NATO.
Unfortunately, NATO has not even put it in motion to accept Ukraine as its member. All agreements/articles of alliance was between NATO and Russia.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

Unfortunately Ukraine was towing the line of NATO meaning
Ukraine literally handed over its own decision capabilities to NATO.
Imagine if you were Russia and NATO was discussing with you that they have plans for Ukraine (your next door neighbour)
Only for you(Russia to have a meeting with your neighbour Ukraine)..out of eery 10 words that come out of his mouth 9 is NATO scripts!
Is that not war?
The war should be with NATO and not Ukraine.

Was there any agreement/treaty/articles of agreement between Russia and Ukraine?

Russia should have just made Cuba an friend: on the day Ukraine joins NATO, Russia will put its nuclear arsenal in Cuba. A sensible Putin would have taken this option except that he was interested in taking over Ukraine
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Don't judge based on ur emotions. Small Ukraine wants to sell Russia out to their main enemy, U.S and NATO.
You are the President of Nigeria: USA made a new law that Nigeria should recognise marriage with animals else trouble. I'm sure you will just roll over to avoid conflict.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

I believe the zelensky has come to terms of the crisis and he is doing everything possible to making this war come to an end by meeting Putin!
It is Putin who stupidly walked into a trap.
Even if Ukraine capitulates today, the Economic woes of Russia just began.
For the next 20 years, they will not come out of this shit!

All he needed to do was to make Cuba a close friend. If Ukraine is accepted in NATO, Russia will put its nuclear arsenal in Cuba. It would have been a serious win for Putin
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by baralatie(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
TenQ:

It is Putin who stupidly walked into a trap.
Even if Ukraine capitulates today, the Economic woes of Russia just began.
For the next 20 years, they will not come out of this shit!

All he needed to do was to make Cuba a close friend. If Ukraine is accepted in NATO, Russia will put its nuclear arsenal in Cuba. It would have been a serious win for Putin
I know Putin walked into a fix

A fix set up by NATO using zelensky as a bait!
So we have a zelensky vs Putin fix.whichever way you want to read it.

So it will always end as Russia against Ukraine but it now becomes a catch 22.
NATO cannot do without Russia without paying a very costly price!
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

I know Putin walked into a fix

A fix set up by NATO using zelensky as a bait!
So we have a zelensky vs Putin fix.whichever way you want to read it.

So it will always end as Russia against Ukraine but it now becomes a catch 22.
NATO cannot do without Russia without paying a very costly price!

EU will pay the greatest price of higher cost of gas BUT Russia will be reduced to nothing and the only enemy to NATO would be now be China.

Putin should have made Cuba a friend. His conditions would have just being that on the day Ukraine is accepted into NATO, Russia will also put its nuclear arsenal in Cuba. QED!

This would have been a sensible move for Putin.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Truvelisback(m): 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
TenQ:

You are the President of Nigeria: USA made a new law that Nigeria should recognise marriage with animals else trouble. I'm sure you will just roll over to avoid conflict.
That's different from this.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Truvelisback(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
TenQ:

A simp who refused to runaway?
A simp who stood up to an enemy 7 times bigger than him?

If Ukraine has not done anything against Russia, who then is the aggressor?
If u were Russia, would u trust Zelensky? A neighbour who wants join Russians enemy and make their land a millitary base/millitary camp so as to sell out Russia to NATO.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
If u were Russia, would u trust Zelensky? A neighbour who wants join Russians enemy and make their land a millitary base/millitary camp so as to sell out Russia to NATO.
Rssia is not expected to trust Ukraine.
BUT the enemy is not Ukraine, the Enemy is NATO isn't it?

Why leave the enemy to fight a small "potential" enemy?

If Ukraine do not aim join NATO but decides to buy the latest armaments from Israel, USA and Germany, should Russia tell them not to?
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
That's different from this.
It is NOT o!
If you built your house and decided to plant an orange tree on your land: your neighbour now tells you you can't plant oranges because bees will come around your house: what will you do?
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Truvelisback(m): 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
TenQ:

Rssia is not expected to trust Ukraine.
BUT the enemy is not Ukraine, the Enemy is NATO isn't it?

Why leave the enemy to fight a small "potential" enemy?

If Ukraine do not aim join NATO but decides to buy the latest armaments from Israel, USA and Germany, should Russia tell them not to?
Note: Not that what Putin is doing is good but don't Under estimate what a small enemy would do to u. Ukraine joining the U.S and NATO and making their land a millitary base/millitary camp is a very big threat to the Russians. And it would give the U.S and NATO a very easy access to them or attack them. The U.S and NATO and hypocrites and cannot be trusted too. The Russians don't want to be under the influence of the U.S and NATO.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Truvelisback(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
TenQ:

It is NOT o!
If you built your house and decided to plant an orange tree on your land: your neighbour now tells you you can't plant oranges because bees will come around your house: what will you do?
I get ur funny parable. What the Ukrainians wants to plant isn't orange rather destruction to it's neighbour. He would end up joining his Russia's main enemy to pull down Russia. Zelensky is a SIMP. He foolishly engage in the war thinking that the U.S and NATO would help him fight.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 8:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
I get ur funny parable. What the Ukrainians wants to plant isn't orange rather destruction to it's neighbour. He would end up joining his Russia's main enemy to pull down Russia. Zelensky is a SIMP. He foolishly engage in the war thinking that the U.S and NATO would help him fight.
A simp!?
Do you really know the meaning of that word?

A simp who could look at a big bully in the face and choose NOT to run away!?

I would rather be that kind of simp that have honour!

Ukrainian President said: "Give me weapons and not a ride" and to you he is a simp!?

I'll rather have a leader who commands the respect of his people
A leader who can make me patriotic enough to lay down my life for my nation
Ill rather have a leader who would not lead a battle from exile
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Note: Not that what Putin is doing is good but don't Under estimate what a small enemy would do to u. Ukraine joining the U.S and NATO and making their land a millitary base/millitary camp is a very big threat to the Russians. And it would give the U.S and NATO a very easy access to them or attack them. The U.S and NATO and hypocrites and cannot be trusted too. The Russians don't want to be under the influence of the U.S and NATO.
of course, USA and NATO cannot be trusted one bit. They are all equally bad. USA can also be a bully to other countries.

Unfortunately, in this particular case, Putin had behaved very stupidly.
He fell into a trap he cannot get out of.

He had assumed the West will not dare go to war with him (which is true)
Unfortunately, he didnt factor in that the West was not planning to war with him but to destroy his economy.

Putin assumed that Ukrainians hate their president and would welcome him as a liberator when he enters Ukraine.
Putin assumed he can be loved when he bullies a nation hard enough. (Take Crimea, Sponsor Dombast separatists, install puppet government in Ukraine): how do you make a nation love you like this?
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Truvelisback(m): 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
TenQ:

A simp!?
Do you really know the meaning of that word?

A simp who could look at a big bully in the face and choose NOT to run away!?

I would rather be that kind of simp that have honour!

Ukrainian President said: "Give me weapons and not a ride" and to you he is a simp!?

I'll rather have a leader who commands the respect of his people
A leader who can make me patriotic enough to lay down my life for my nation
Ill rather have a leader who would not lead a battle from exile
If u were in Putin's shoes, what would u have done?
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Techguy96(m): 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
Simran94:

It wasn’t that. What NATO rejected was a No Fly Zone that Ukraine asked NATO to implement in Ukraine but they rejected
Imagine u are supporting Russia and u clearly don't know anything?
The last time Ukraine applied to join NATO was 2008 and NATO rejected it.

Ukraine has not made any recent application to join NATO.

Y'all should go read instead of following Russia propaganda.

Nigerians are always supporting the wrong people.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Techguy96(m): 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Try luring eastern European country to be my allies rather than bullying and oppressing them because I'm the most powerful.

Imagine and eastern Europe country would rather meet US for protection than Thier big bro Russia
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by Truvelisback(m): 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Techguy96:

Try luring eastern European country to be my allies rather than bullying and oppressing them because I'm the most powerful.

Imagine and eastern Europe country would rather meet US for protection than Thier big bro Russia
Putin don't want that. He don't to associate with them.
Re: Putin Throws Olive Branch To Ukraine, Lists Four Conditions For Peace by TenQ: 8:02am On Mar 09, 2022
Truvelisback:
1. Form an alliance with Cuba
And tell NATO that on the day Ukraine joins either EU or NATO, I will put my nuclear arsenals in Cuba.
2. Instead of playing hard balls with Ukraine I will instead win them as a strong allies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu At The Court Today / Peter Obi Spotted In His House In Onitsha Wearing Shorts (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.